Sharkbait Ch. 66-70

Story Info
Sharkbait Productions, Inc.
11.4k words
4.81
10.5k
30

Part 13 of the 23 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/06/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
partwolf
partwolf
2,308 Followers

The first thing I had to think about was a crew for the yacht. I didn't need anyone while my boat was in port, but the fine print of the lease agreement required me to hire a properly licensed staff if taking it away from the docks. Even after I owned it outright, my insurance company would insist on proper staffing, or they could deny the claim.

I had talked to Captain Thomas and Loretta on the way into port about the requirements to get a Master's license. There was no 'pleasure boat' exception once I started taking on film crews. The 'Good Times' had a seventy-ton displacement, and I intended to operate it in the open ocean. US law required the Captain to have a Coast Guard Master license valid up to 100 tons, authorizing operation up to 200 miles offshore. It wasn't an easy license to get; you had to have 720 days at sea, with at least 90 of those in the past three years on a vessel over fifty tons, and pass a comprehensive exam. The minimum crew size was the Captain and a Deck Hand.

I wasn't going to be at sea for that long for years.

"There's a big 'but' in that, though," Thomas had said. "A licensed Master is required on the bridge when the boat is not at anchor or docked, but Coast Guard regulations don't allow the Master to be there for more than twelve hours a day. So, you have to go from port to port, anchorage to anchorage, each leg less than twelve hours. If you want to make a long transit, you need two people licensed to that level to go straight through."

"Where do I find a second Master," I asked. Who knew owning a big-ass boat like this could be so COMPLICATED?

"Right here," Loretta said. "I've been crew on my father's jobs since I was sixteen. I've got my First Mate license already, and I take my Master's license exam next month."

"What about deckhands? Could we use Makani and Noelani?"

"They could assist, but they don't have a Mate's license, and there is no time to get them in the timeframe you are talking about," Thomas said. "Lynette is also a First Mate, so despite her duties in the kitchen, she counts. With the three of us, you meet requirements for any transit you want to make. My family can provide all you need, plus as fellow supernaturals, you don't need to hide your true nature around us."

That conversation was on my mind as I made up a list of what people I would need for each part of the project. The first part of the adventure was the easiest. I needed a traveling film crew for a little more than two months. I made my list.

Director, with experience with underwater filming, preferably in documentaries

Camera operators (2) with SCUBA qualification and extensive underwater and above water experience. Must also be able to operate hand and fixed cameras above water.

Sound Technician

Safety Diver (hire locally?)

Scientist (hire locally)

Security (2) (Best if can double as safety diver)

I needed at least two camera operators, as I needed to capture what was going on in the boat at the same time as what was going on underwater. The list barely changed for when we moved onto the yacht.

Master 100 Ton Inland/Near Coastal (2) Must be US citizens

Mate

Cook/Housekeeper

I thought about using the twins to cook and clean, but they were going to be part of the reality show. I made a note to talk to them about SCUBA qualifications and free-diving practice. I was going to be busy, so I was hoping Amy could get them the classes and work with them before we left.

I had promised Alpha Steven I would hire werewolves whenever possible, but I didn't have much hope that I'd find two USCG-licensed Masters of the right tonnage rating among the group. I composed a letter to the Alphas, telling them I was putting together a crew for a documentary series, and asking for any qualified females in their Packs with interest to contact me with their resume. The email included approximate dates and promised market rates and travel. I sent the draft to Alpha Steven and Alpha Leo first, making sure it was ready before I sent it to the rest of the Alphas that night. They responded within the hour, and I sent it out before we left.

With Susan's help, the girls made three runs to the Marina with our stuff. They got our clothes and other bed/bath things packed and loaded onto my yacht by four. We didn't have much to start with, and the furniture stayed with the condo. They also brought our kitchen stuff and enough food for the night and morning. Susan promised to deliver groceries to us on Saturday morning. We left the twins there and headed for the base.

Amy and I waited in the parking lot outside the Special Warfare Center for Kai and his buddies to come out. They looked beat after another week of training, but Kai's face lit up as soon as he saw Amy. She took off running into his arms, leaping up for him to catch her and spin her around. "Amy?"

"I got some of my vision back, my love! I can see your face now!" She proved it by moving in for a lip-lock.

"Seriously? That's great!" Ricardo hugged Amy as soon as Kai let her go, letting go before Kai got upset.

"How much of your vision came back," Manuel asked as he got his hug.

"Eighteen percent field of vision, a rough circle where I'm looking," she answered with a big smile. "Outside that circle is still blurry, but I'll take it!"

"That's wonderful, honey," Kai said as we started loading into our SUV. Amy got in the back with her husband and Manuel, as Ricardo had called shotgun.

I drove out of the base, startling them all when I turned left into the Fiddler's Cove Marina. "Wait, where are we going," Ricardo asked.

"It's a surprise," I said as I pulled into an open parking spot.

Kai looked at Amy and me as he got out, and he didn't look happy. "I'm not sure I want to spend more time on the water after the week I just had," he said.

Manuel came around with his bag. "Yeah, are we going sailing or something?"

"Or something. Come on." I led them to the gate for the docks, using my key card to open it up. I led them along the docks, passing the smaller day-sailers and fishing boats. They were trying to figure it what the surprise was when a sexy voice from above caught their attention.

"Hey sailors," Makani said as she stood by the rail on the upper deck in her revealing white bikini.

"Fancy having a drink with a few lonely ladies," Noelani asked as she came up next to her twin in a black bikini of the same style.

Manuel dropped his bag in shock, while Ricardo just stood there. Kai looked at Amy, wondering what was going on. "Come aboard, boys," I said as I walked the gangplank to the swim platform at the stern of the Good Times.

"You're shitting me," Kai said as he walked up the stairs behind me. "This is yours?"

"Yes, and the girls and I are living here now. Our landlord booted us out after all the police attention we got from the art," I replied. "I'm leasing it for a year with an option to buy."

I opened the sliding door to the salon. Amy took Kai's hand, leading him forward to the ladder heading down to their stateroom. We wouldn't see them until dinner was ready. I looked back at the twins, who were slack-jawed as they looked at the opulent surroundings. "This way to your room," I said. We went down the stairs, and I pointed at their door. "Change into swimsuits and head back up," I told them.

I'd barely set my bag down and looked around before I heard them heading back up to the twins. I spent some time organizing my things as the three couples had some time to themselves. Heading back up to the kitchen, I put the potatoes in the oven and started preparing the broccoli for steaming. While I waited, I watched the evening news and checked my messages. "Thirty minutes," I warned the girls when the time was right. "Fire up the grill and make sure those steaks don't get overcooked."

"We'll be ready," Makani sent back.

"We'll get showered," Amy sent back.

I timed the cooking so I could mash the potatoes with cream cheese, butter, and sour cream. The broccoli finished steaming, and I put it in another bowl and carried them up to the upper kitchen. Manuel was grilling the ribeyes with Makani, while Noelani was tucked up next to Ricardo on the couch. I set the food down on the table, which Noelani had already set. Amy was flushed as she followed Kai to the table and sat down. "What are you guys drinking," I asked as I went over to the refrigerator. "We've got beer, hard cider, milk, Coke, and water."

I handed out the drinks as they called them out. Manuel plated the big steaks, and we all sat down at the table while the ocean breeze swirled around us. "I'd like to propose a toast," I said before everyone started. I raised my Coke and looked across at Amy. "To the strongest woman that I've ever known. She's been through so much, but her smile never faded, and she never let adversity stop her. I love you, Amy."

Tears were going down her cheeks as everyone took their drinks. No one said anything for a few minutes, as the food was too good for idle conversation. The talk did come, and it went well after sundown. We told the boys about our plans for the future and our shakedown cruise adventures on the boat. They were supportive of us, but that couldn't hide the jealousy. "I can't believe we'll be in training for eight weeks straight while THEY get to jet around the world and dive all those cool spots," Manuel said.

"And they get PAID FOR IT," Ricardo agreed.

"Technically, these three get paid for it. I sign the checks in the hopes I make a lot more later," I said.

"I'd do it for free," Kai said.

"You'll get plenty of dive time in the next year," I teased. I wasn't kidding, either. After BUD/S finished up, the training just got tougher. It cost three million dollars and took eighteen months to turn a sailor into a SEAL. "How many are in your class now?"

"Thirty-two," he said. "Lost two this week when they failed exams." It wasn't just injuries or the physical challenges that could wash you out; SEAL training was mentally challenging. I could tell how much more confident the guys were since we first met.

They told us some stories, and when the breeze started to get too cold, we moved the party down to the salon. Amy and I laid out what we knew of our schedule for our overseas trip. They were worried about security, but we'd have that in spades, plus camera crews to record everything. "You're dating future reality television stars," Amy told the guys.

"I'm good with that," Ricardo said as he pulled Noelani in for a kiss. "Television could use some reality, and I know you four won't skank it up like those other shows."

"I need to talk to your Commanding Officer about this, Kai," I said. "We are going to start filming the show before we leave, and we'll be filming for months after we return to the States. You three are part of our lives, so you should be part of the show. I can't pay you, since you're in the Navy, but I will need permission from each of you and the Navy to have you on the show."

"I'll see what I can do Monday," he said. "I want to be wherever Amy is, cameras or not." The twins quickly agreed, knowing the alternative was to be left out.

"I'd rather speak to Admiral Kirk first," I said. "Amy and I have both met him before, and it's my project. I want to sound him out about doing some filming WITH the Navy for an episode. I could see us diving in restricted waters off San Clemente with SEALs, or the four of us going through elements of SEAL training. I think it would be a winner for the Navy and 'Shark Baits.' Imagine the ratings when the guys take off their shirts and flex."

"Sun's out, guns out," Amy agreed.

Ricardo whispered something that made Manuel break out laughing. "What?"

Manuel caught his breath. "He said that if you four do the workout in full view of the class, half the guys will ring the bell just to join you."

I had to laugh at that. "We'll try not to interfere."

"It would be a blast to go through some of your pool training with your instructors," Amy said. "So many things open up if we get the cooperation of the Navy."

"Not so much," Kai said, wincing as he remembered. Amy and I had watched some documentaries and talked to Hammer to get a better idea of what he was going through. SEAL pool training was much more than just swimming. They would tie your hands behind your back and your ankles together, forcing you to push off the bottom and take a breath before you sank back down. Instructors would push your limits, seeing if you could keep a clear head and function when you were drowning. They would roll you, tear off your mask, kink your airlines, even turn off your tanks. It was dangerous training, and sometimes people died. "You're right, though. You grease the skids, and I'll send the special request chit up the chain. It probably has to go to Washington, but the Admiral's support will be key."

Amy had gone to get another round of drinks, handing her mate a cold beer before handing out the rest. "I can't believe you're living like this just a short distance away from where we are getting our asses kicked daily."

"I could drive up and down the coast off the beach if that would help," I teased. "Amy and the girls could wear their bikinis for you."

"That's all right. I need to focus on training," Kai said.

Makani picked up the teasing. "It's not all fun and games. We have to exercise, stretch, and work on our tans, you know. Modeling isn't as easy as it looks."

"I bet you guys don't worry about getting a pimple on your forehead," Noelani added.

"That's true," Kai said.

I started yawning just after ten, exhausted from the long days. "I'm turning in," I said. "I'll see you guys in the morning. Hammer will be here at six-thirty for our run," I said.

"We better get some sleep, then," Amy said. "Come on, honey."

"Turn out the lights when you go to bed," I told the two sets of twins as I made sure the door was locked.

I went back to my stateroom, showering, and heading to bed. I was out like a light.

Ch. 67

Monday morning, Amy and I returned the boys to the base after a fun weekend. Kai and Amy loved the yacht, and Manuel and Ricardo didn't want to wake up from their dream. They'd spent the weekend relaxing on a multi-million dollar yacht with two hot girls they were falling in love with. I prayed to Luna that they were mates; the girls deserved men like them.

We'd had a few problems with paparazzi and pushy males during our morning run. One man had even tried to tackle me, ending up on eating sand as Makani swept his legs out from behind. Hammer was becoming more and more concerned with our security; when we returned inside the marina fence, he laid it out. "We're going to have to stop with the beach runs unless we get a lot more security," he said.

"Are you worried about me getting hurt," I asked.

"It's more than the danger of kidnappers and obsessed fans. I'm worried we'll hurt someone, and they'll get it on tape. You're a celebrity, and not all the threats you'll face are physical. Did you know that almost all lottery winners get sued multiple times?" I did not. "Lottery winners have been sued, and lost, over twenty-year-old 'verbal contracts' because they once said they'd split the winnings. A winner got sued by her Pastor because after donating one and a half million dollars to the church, it was the ten percent the Pastor said she promised. Extended family members come out of the woodwork, as do scam artists. It is common to be sued frivolously, with the plaintiffs hoping you'll pay them money just to go away. That's where you are now, Vicki. You're eighteen-years-old and have a net worth over ten million dollars. Every bum and scammer out there wants a piece of you."

"That's why I have an accountant, a financial planner, a publicist, and you all," I said as we walked down the docks.

"That helps, but lottery winners are more likely than the average person to go bankrupt in the next three to five years. They spend money frivolously, invest in shady deals, give money to relatives and friends, and get sued repeatedly. You've got a good head on you, but you need to think long term and understand that your life will never be the same. You can't hang out at the Mall, or go to the movies, or even run on the beach anymore, Vicki."

The attention sucked. I didn't want to give up the money or the fame, but I loved our beach runs. "What about the base? Could we run there?" From the Marina, the base entrance was only a few blocks away.

"It's a possibility, and safer than a public beach. I can get on with my retired identification, Amy has her Dependent ID, and you have your ID card as Amy's attendant. The twins are Kai's sisters, but we'd have to register them as visitors every day. That would be a problem."

It could work; we could even get the service dog harness and bring one of the twins as her dog. "What else could we do?"

"You've got a small exercise room on the boat, and there is room for a treadmill and a stair climber up by the flying bridge. Working out on your property is better than being out in public."

It would only be for another eight days, anyway. Our dock space rental at the marina would be up, and we'd be moving to the Driscoll Bay Marina, just over the border from Master Caroline's territory. We had to be up there before the twins came of age. The marina was near Sea World, which reminded me that I wanted to do a show with their marine mammal rescue group. "I'll look at getting some exercise machines later today," I said.

We got back on board, following the smell of pancakes and sausage to the kitchen. "Shower and change, we eat in fifteen minutes," Susan said as we walked by.

"You can use the shower in my room, Hammer," Amy said as she followed me down to my room. She grabbed her clothes, coming into the master stateroom and closing the door. "Every time I see this room I get jealous of you," she said.

"You'll get used to it when you're sharing it with the twins and me," I said. Things were going to be cozy when we brought a film crew on board. I was kicking around ideas for how to rearrange things, but I wanted to talk to Captain Thomas first. I got through the shower first, with her right behind me. We both made it back upstairs and sat down to a big breakfast.

Susan looked at me as she sat down. "Your accountant called while you were out, Vicki. He found a 2028 Lincoln Navigator armored SUV for sale up in Los Angeles that meets your requirements. It passed mechanical inspection, so he bought it and will have it delivered between ten and noon today."

"Armored SUV?" Hammer's eyebrows raised.

"Yeah. You aren't the only one worried about our security, and I needed to buy a car. My Uncle insisted I get a vehicle that could survive an ambush with AK-47's. I asked Stan to see if he could find one for under sixty thousand, and he did."

"A Navigator is a tank," he said. "Good."

"Big enough for all of us to travel in, plus a security detail," I replied. "I could have gone with something smaller, but more space is good." I looked over at where Hammer was touching Susan's thigh as he leaned in to whisper something, unaware that we could easily hear him.

"Mom, if Hammer takes us to the dojo, can you pick us up," Amy asked. She agreed, and Hammer felt better that we weren't driving alone. We finished breakfast and left the two lovebirds to talk.

I had no idea what a hornet's nest I'd created with a simple job opportunity letter until I checked my computer while Amy and I waited to leave. I'd gotten plenty of responses, both from women interested in the jobs and from Alphas that thought the whole thing was a terrible idea. The objections fell into three categories, each of which I would have to deal with formally now that the Council involved itself.

partwolf
partwolf
2,308 Followers