All Comments on 'Sharkbait Down Under Ch. 01-10'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
gemman1gemman1over 3 years ago
This is a great Story.(as usual)

Another story off to a great start. Keep up the Great Work....

cantputitdowncantputitdownover 3 years ago

Please tone down the Strine slang

I feel a connection to this story as an Aussie born in Nowra, and living in Adelaide, but the language is a little grating. Some of us use some of the slang terms, some of the time (or once upon a time for some of the dated stuff), but nobody would really string so many of them together in one sentence. We love Steve Irwin, but we don't channel him continuously. Having said that, keep writing this beaut series mate!

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 3 years ago

Enjoyed the Historical Interludes!

Amazing how Ian’s family has coped through the years. I suppose the threat of death was highly motivating to protect the family secret. I was really disappointed in the initial mating, with Nicholas taking such a dominant approach. It didn’t feel right at all, hitting her and demanding obedience along with the restraints and blindfold. Especially since she’s such a strong female role model and Alpha, if they were both virgins then why was he so insistent on doing it that way? As a virgin, it’s not as if he’d had a lot of practice or has he? As a virgin and a beta, I would have expected a little more hesitation and consideration on his part and more mutual explorations, with her usual assertive behavior. This wouldn’t have bothered me so much if it wasn’t their first time together, if it was farther along in their relationship, perhaps laying a little groundwork so it wasn’t such a shocking reversal of Sharkbait’s personality. Or is he going to turn into a dominating Testosterone-poisoned jerk throwing his weight around? Is this going to go all fifty shades of gray? I hope not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

So happy with the beginning of this next part of the series! Cant wait for the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fantastic start to this portion of the story!

I love Vicki’s story and it’s new direction! I noticed the comment from the Aussie native and whilst it’s a valid point the biggest impression I got from the slang was that it was done in two main instances; the first during a high stress situation and the second which was primarily to tease Vicki. Of course I could easily be wrong but the slang usage came across as natural because of it.

I did follow most but definitely not all of the Aussie slang. I’m excited to see where the story leads! Initially I was undecided about the dual narrative but after reading all of this instalment, I’m hooked on finding out more on both the historical and ‘modern day’ points of view. Obvs that’s another 5 stars from me.

Thank you so much for sharing your stories.

Tess (UK)

SwifthawkSwifthawkover 3 years ago
Love it, as always.

Thanks for the return to Aussieland. It was great to return to my old stomping grounds on the Gold Coast. Not sure if you've ever been there, but you did a great job! Thanks so much, as always, and I look forward to see where this tale goes.

Ps, I agree with the other poster on the slang, they really don't string it together like that. Much like us Canucks don't go saying no doot aboot it, eh all day long. Speaking of Aussie slang, my favourite is Toey. Depending on how it's used it can mean either you are horny or ready to get in a fight. Talk about confusing and perfect for a werewolf story. Lol

Alphawolf774Alphawolf774over 3 years ago
Wow

Holy mallard. You did it again. I'm hooked. You just swung and made a line drive for the fence. Side note: because of you I'm writing my own series right now. Thank you.

SlofredSlofredover 3 years ago

I immediately thought of === How are the Australian Vampires going to react to finding out they have wolves among them? That will be a very interesting chapter in itself. 5 stars as usual.

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 3 years ago

I liked the cutting back and forth to the historical narrative, it was pretty interesting.

silmarillisilmarilliover 3 years ago
love it as always but....

great chapter (as always), but please chill with the slang - it was painful. This is from a supportive fan x

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Need more

I love this store when do we get the next chapter of sharkbait down under can't wait

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES