All Comments on 'Shawn and Tyler Ch. 04'

by kmillerk1

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ugh, I knew there was something fishy about Shawn. He’s good to be true. Smh 🤦🏽‍♂️ #icantwithcheaters

BlowPopJBlowPopJalmost 2 years ago

I really didn't like the whole Dean thing. Completely threw me off, but I loved the rest.

Ardent12358Ardent12358almost 2 years ago

I felt blind sided by Shawn’s cheating…just how Tyler’s gonna feel.

dnsontndnsontnalmost 2 years ago

That detour with Dean was quite the surprise but I’m more intrigued than upset by it. A definite WTF moment. No way that’s not gonna come to light. More a question of how and when.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ugh, why! They’re so good together, now everything’s ruined. I don’t know if I can read this anymore.

geemeedeegeemeedeealmost 2 years ago

I think adding the Dean situation was a mistake. The story is being told at too shallow a level to get into the complexity of Shawn, Dawn and Dean’s relationship. As proof, you dropped the cheating and history of it into the story, then moved on. Readers’ heads are left spinning! The writer has to commit wholeheartedly to that storyline if it’s introduced. If you do an edit, I say take it out — especially since Shawn didn’t tell Tyler … and hasn’t suffered any residual guilt or since. (Which is also jarring.)

That said, man, Dawn and Dean are assholes!! Tacky, nosy, assholes with no respect for others’ boundaries. First night they’re at the house and they immediately have noisy sex?? (I have a feeling Dean did it to get back at Shawn for not putting out, which is all kinds of fucked up.) Get a fucking Airbnb!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow! That really took me off guard. And now I feel like a bad person cause I enjoy the DL brother in laws fucking. lol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was a story-ruining chapter. What started as a love story between a busy cop who didn’t have time for a serious relationship (so he played the field) and a dreamy grad student, who worked with the cop’s sister, has turned into a train wreck. Why in the world would revealing a years-long gay affair between the cop and his best friend/brother-in-law (with the full knowledge of his cucked sister) be a good direction for the story?! It makes for a messy, illogical, deceitful, fucked-up tale. Sorry, but no. Shawn, Dean and Dawn all immediately become unlikeable liars - and poor Tyler is cluelessly in the dark still thinking he’s found his soulmate.

carmelcookeecarmelcookeealmost 2 years ago

Oh wow. Never expected that. Trouble in paradise

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkmillerk1@kmillerk1
I'm going to stop writing for a bit. There are several reasons for this. 1. In and out of writer's block. 2. Lit keeps returning my stories because they think that AI has written them. (So, warning, it's not just me; a lot of authors are getting flagged.) 3. I have things to ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES