All Comments on 'She Got the Benefit'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 42 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Shit story, i bet that single mother just needed someone to deal with kids

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I can see the possibility of humor in this, but it just didn't play out that way. You missed several opportunities to at least make it clever, but you seemed off the mark. Rushed at the end. Not your best effort as far as story telling goes.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Very interesting!

5

Diecast1Diecast1over 1 year ago

Great store, love it. AAAAAA++++++

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

Nice job of writing. I didn’t care for the story line. The subject of the story line is probably why I didn’t like it It is also why I should have read it. I hate it when I get up, check my favorites new stuff and get slapped in the face with a sermon, especially a good one

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 1 year ago

So... he still never apologized or asked HER forgiveness.

And a sister would never do that to another sister.

AND.. or was only because they saw her at church that any conversation happened at all.

The ex and sister are still assholes

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 1 year ago

It was ok, but lacked tension. 3*

Frank66Frank66over 1 year ago

Dang it, I hate it when a writer gets writers block and quits right in the middle of a really good story....

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineover 1 year ago

Nice story. But a very abrupt ending.

l0ver0tical0ver0ticaover 1 year ago

Pam's story certainly has an edge to it, but it's vividly written and emotionally true to life. Maybe could use a little more development around her eventual reclamation of her own life, but it's also good as it is...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I am shocked that this a Skippy47 production. I do not recall his stories as quite this sucky.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story. Not to belittle Pam, but Regina showed Owen how to be a man, then, a husband and father Now Pam will get her chance to fulfill her life, she's gonna be a mommy. Maybe Regina will try again, maybe another chapter is in order...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Who's Belinda?

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 1 year ago

I found a man I really liked and he joined me sometimes in activities with Owen and Belinda.

Who's Belinda?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The usual thought-provoking and well-written story from this author. N.B. Lightening is the opposite of darkening and lightning precedes thunder.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

Just plain stupid. Not worth discussing. 2*

MightyheartMightyheartover 1 year ago

Nice one.

Very different and unique

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Good Read ⭐⭐⭐

I don’t normally comment on Good Read ⭐⭐⭐ stories. However, you have been writing more and more that I have only found to be Good Read ⭐⭐⭐ tales. I was wondering what was up. While I found nothing wrong with this one or any of the others that I have rated as Good Read ⭐⭐⭐. I haven’t found the emotional draw that some of your others have had on me.

I may be just getting senile or something. This tale had a great draw with the ex-wife looking to find what caused her ex-husband to change if he actually changed. The story was quite believable and I enjoyed the outcome of the ex-wife moving on and having a LWL (Life Well Lived). But it was still to me just a Good Read ⭐⭐⭐.

Please continue to write your tales/stories. They are a nice balance all the others on this site. Thanks for this one.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Umm… okay?

What was the point?

It was completely unclear whether Owen became a complete saint, an objectively good person or some FLR checklist of a ‘suitable’ husband, or somewhere in between that works for them…

The difference is rather important but also completely absent.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 1 year ago

A different story, one I liked. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not sure what category this mess would be best in, but it's not this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sister fixed him. Sister got the benefit.

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Different, but interesting.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Thank you, it was perfect. Thanks Skippy! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE BLAZING NOVA STARS!

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Thank you, it was perfect. Thanks Skippy! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE BLAZING NOVA STARS!

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

A lot of these LW stories I read I relish the the BTB sometimes due to a failed marriage some 40 years ago. I also learn quite a bit about relationships and love and caring or maybe it's just I'm getting older (80) and a little wiser. This story points out some of our flaws in a marriage and that some just can't deal with the relationship problems, it takes understanding. Obviously the sister of the ex saw something in the husband that his wife didn't. The author managed to educate us once again that we all need to try an understand other people as well as ourselves. Self critiquing is a bit difficult it's the same with writers trying to proof read their own work, they don't or cant see the mistakes that others can. Make sense? 4 stars from me.

kiteareskitearesover 1 year ago

So Owen ended up taking the kids off Regina and hooking up with Belinda?

It wouldn't be so bad but Regina was mentioned twice in the same paragraph as Belinda

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't have any sisters but have a brother if he date or married my ex I'd fucking kill him people just don't do shit like that.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

What a disgusting man-hating story, on so many angles. Wish I could give it -10 stars.

So a loyal man who took care of her and her life but wasn't super perfect romantic suave type, was somehow shit in her eyes. Interestingly, aside from not wanting the kids or not going to church, the evil bitch does not mention ANY specific problem with him other than her made up "how awful he was". He didn't cheat on her, didn't mistreat her, didn't demand things from her, his only real fault was that he just didn't agree to 100% of what she wanted to demand of him. He wasn't an alcoholic until AFTER the divorce. He didn't treat the bitch ex badly even after the divorce. Didn't even try to hurt her DURING divorce.

Then, we have the bitch whining how "she didn't get kids", but HE didn't get to have kids at all (unlike her in the end), admittedly his own fault, but her hypocrisy should have been condemned, not sympathized with. And the stupid sister is sitting there happy having him support HER two kids, and not worrying about making him one with his genes. Such a loving nice "wife". All he is to her is an walking ATM/babysitter for her and her kids.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
It should

Have been in romance not loving wives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You do realize that if the sexes were reversed, the average score would be a full point higher, don't you? I enjoyed it as it was.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

Very well-done! Thanks! 5/5!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

Something new, thanks. However, I would never be friends with an ex who had treated me badly. Owen is rewarded for his behavior with a great new family and life. He didn’t deserve it.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Little different kind of story for you. I just couldn’t buy into the sister aspect working at any level. I did buy into the divorce being the agent of change for Owen. Slight mistake at end where Regina becomes Belinda, but otherwise well written. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well down feel good story. 5/5

towgtowgover 1 year ago

What a crock. Only in an imaginary world.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 1 year ago

One cheating Hubby and one reconstituted Hubby = one adventurous wife! Not even a) Erotic Coupling; b) Romance; c) & d) certainly not First Time or Group Sex!

AHA … Non Erotic!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not sure what the purpose of this story was. Oh well

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

For a fine author, who's stories I've enjoyed, not one of your best. 2 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

so, her sister is a piece of shit. Instead of rallying around her divorced sister to make sure shes okay, she goes for the deadbeat husband and bends over backwards to rebuild HIS life?

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

What a nice tale, a switch from the norm - thank you. As far as 'annie' from a few days ago I have to wonder; were you born stupid or have banged your head once too often. I certainly hope you never have or are even around children, they deserve better. Biology has nothing to do with it. I've had several foster kids (texted one earlier, he is now 35) and my daughter is 31. She may be adopted she will always be my little girl.

somewhere east of Omaha

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous