All Comments on 'She Wasn't Mine Anymore'

by delayedaction

Sort by:
  • 157 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Entertaining little ditty

But highly unlikely. Both of them are nervous about the opposite sex. When she blows him off without talking to him, that should have been all he needed to know about her mental state. No way to be married to someone with a hair trigger. Besides, isn't she going to be reassigned somewhere he's not? And vice versa? My biggest gripe is that he didn't figure out some nasty trick to play on his ex-wife. Bitch deserves a beatdown!

3 stars

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Well delayedaction, what a nice little story you have put together here. I liked it, l liked it a lot.

It flowed well, it developed the main characters well and finished with a happy ending.

Yes, he did trade up, no doubt about it. She is a keeper

Your wonderful story easily deserves the 5/5 l gave u for it.

Not bad for only your fifth story on Lit. Keep up the good work you have another fan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Insecure

Not a very good story of revenge against normal human behaviour and emotions and too much insecurity for me.

tangoperutangoperuover 3 years ago
Is it allowed?

I always thought in the military relationships between fellow officers, even more if one of them is senior, is strongly discouraged.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Keep writing stories like this!

Last one was a dud. Two are among my favorites; and I'm following you!

Never served. Father was a famous Air Force pilot. Flunked two physicals; one for Annapolis scholarship, and one for pre-induction Vietnam (because of protest actions).

I supported Vets 100%. But, I can't judge accuracy of your military stuff.

YouamiYouamiover 3 years ago

I really enjoyed your tale. You had a good command of your plot and characters, and as the MC said communication is important. You also handled this well. Cheers for your contribution.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 3 years ago
Loved it...

A nicely written, well-rounded story that entertained throughout and ended on a happy note. Well done: full marks from me and I'm looking forward to seeing many more from you. Very nice.

Thanks for posting!

timrivtimrivover 3 years ago

Well guess I am going to have to disagree with those BTB guys out there again. His wife cheated on him. But in this case never never said anything bad about him, never ridiculed him, and told her boyfriend it was going to end when he got home. There was no disrespect shown by her. Why then did she cheat you ask. Well he left her behind for a year and a half, what did he expect. He should have had her come with him to Korea. It was not a combat assignment so he had no excuse. He is painted as a saint in the story but in my experience guys on assignment are not like that. The fact she cheated a second time was again his fault he went nuclear on her and when she tried to talk to him he kicked her out. She was hurt and angry and reacted poorly but would not have done it if he would have given her a chance to explain. They were both wrong she a little more but he was thoughtless about her needs only thought about himself.

Later in the story he was shot in the leg and shoulder. It is obvious the author has never seen a bullet wound from, in this case, most likely an AK. Two weeks in hospital then back to his next assignment and driving agin in a couple more weeks crazy. Maybe, just maybe in a year with a lot of physio. unless they were very minor flesh wounds. If bone was involved he would be lucky to save his arm or leg.

The rest of the story about Donna was typical filler where he ends up happy and wife not. Nothing new or realistic there.

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

It was a good story, but strangely unsatisfying.

1) I can understand him refusing to listen to Lois' excuses, but the lack of dialogue made her seem like a two-dimensional character.

2) Lois wrecked his relationship with Donna and suffered no consequences.

3) Donna is damaged goods and not a big upgrade on Lois.

Donna going off the deep end when lied to by Lois proves how messed up she was after being cheated on. Life is too short to be involved with someone suffering from irrational jealousy and paranoia. She learned her lesson this time, but those deep emotional scars don't just go away without extensive therapy.

Donna was also older than him as well as being career military. With them being constantly posted to different locations, how is that relationship ever going to work in the long term? He'd be much better off staying single and having fun until he left the army, then find some pretty twenty-something to settle down with and start a family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Implausible

The implausibility of the events in this story is so ridiculous as to be laughable. 1*

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

was an entertaining story, the writing was pretty good but it had parts that was a bit weak.

I didn't really get what Lois's angle was on the first meeting, she went there with the big speech planned but ended up telling him how much she enjoyed cheating and goading him into asking her why she did it. was a real shame that there wasn't any payback at all.

not sure if I would actually consider Donna a trade up, nothing about her says "winner" with the bad temper, shutting him out and that nasty side of her. there was not much consideration for Bill despite him being a victim.

Instead of Bill giving her his divorce documents to prove his innocence, would've been more interesting if he went on with his life and she found out more naturally through conversations, she realises she was in the wrong then she tracks him down to apologise and make up to him. it needed a section where Donna try to win Bill back and give us some reason to like her. the ending was a bit rush from "i don't like you very much" to having a date.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This formula is what a commenter mentioned in reference to another writer here.

The wife cheats and he dumps her. He gets a better looking bigger titted girlfriend, but they breakup over some misunderstanding. Then they get back together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Bravo

_ _ Not bad overall. This offering has some honest to goodness imagination.

_ _ Still there was a plot problem with the cheating wife's cell phone. It was supposed to be shut off immediately in Hawaii, but she is using one, back on base housing, without explanation.

_ _ As is true of many authors here; the over use of the adverb 'never' proves hyperbolic.

_ _ Lastly, I agree with a previous posting that the ex-wife should have received a second helping of doing dirty back. Since Major Bradley listened to the ex-wife and went as far as to threaten Major Christopher with a career ending sexual harassment charge; she should have been given a mission to destroy the ex-wife as a means to reconcile with Major Christopher.

_ _ Nonetheless, thank you for the entertaining story. I look forward to more.

Rob5373Rob5373over 3 years ago
Good little love story

I enjoyed it. I think I would have to make a point of making the ex wifes life miserable. Let every man she dates know that shes a two dollar whore and has the Clap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice!

You know, that was a nice little story...I enjoyed it a lot. I found my self wondering what was going to happen next. A little like a Hallmark Movie, but with the sex. Very Good Job!

RePhilRePhilover 3 years ago
Merry Christmas!!!

From Mine to yours. Health Wealth and Happiness with an extra helping of Health. Stay Safe

TeslerTeslerover 3 years ago

Great story - It’s nice to see another good writer join the Lit team. Looking forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Really good story till the end

You ended it so abruptly. We need closure on the ex....not just "she gets her makeup from someone else....

The ending is everything. Why screw it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
okay

The writing and the grammar is fine but the whole plot is a beaten horse. all you really did was not make the girlfriend cheat like so many other stories did, yet same old reconciliation. She has so little respect for a man she "loves" it is funny she would take a stranger's words over his.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 3 years ago

As 2020 ends, if Lit had a “LW rookie of the year award”, I’d vote for delayedaction. 5* from me.

JounarJounarover 3 years ago
Good up to the ending

Donna, as so many other posters mentioned is at best not an upgrade in any way and at worst damaged goods no sane person would want to be around.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
not bad

why did the ex seem to hate her husband?

Why did she suddenly turn into a slut?

Why did she cheat on her husband?

These are just a couple of unanswered questions that the reader has after finishing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Enjoyed it!

Seemed a bit rushed at times. And it could have used a scene near the end where he and Donna maybe encountered his ex Lois in public and just smiled at her telling her that he won.

4****

BrentJWBrentJWover 3 years ago
Ditto

Some other comments here. You’re a good writer but this one could have been better. Aside from the difficulties he created for getting home from Hawaii, Lois got off easy. Not enough development about Donna to know if he got the best wife ever or just a good looking hardass that’s difficult to live with.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"I was a Captain in the Army at the time. William (Bill) C. Christopher is my name. Lois Diane Christopher was my wife's name." - Why so formal with the introduction? Why not, "I'm Bill Christopher, my wife is/was Lois?" I'm assuming the tense change is because you divorced, but did the divorce force a name change?

/

Why not go to the room, and wait for her to arrive with her "husband?"

/

A hoodie up indoors in Hawaii? He won't be TOO obvious, will he? LOL!

/

Too stupid all the cliche cloak and dagger when he could have simply waited in the room.

/

"Thank you and I promise to keep you out of it." - Why does he care about being kept out of it?

/

"My trip home was consumed with trying to figure out what Lois told Donna about me." - Isn't it fucking obvious?

/

@timriv, he said that it was an "unaccompanied" assignment. I'm not military, but I asume that means you go alone.

/

Sorry, Dona would be in my rear-view mirror. She listens to his ex-wife, but won't talk to him?

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoover 3 years ago

Excellent! 5*'s and great work from start t finish!

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112over 3 years ago

Nice story, but I agree with some of the others. It seems like you just ran out of gas with the story. 4 stars.

chytownchytownover 3 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Is this part 1 and are you going to finish the story.

Good story but no ending. Does the major marry the major and strata family or does this story die here

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This was good, but it was two separate stories. Still 5 stars.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Thing is, it really was just sex

He knew, from her phone, that Lois was going to break off the affair when he got home, and told her boyfriend that once it was over, it was over. There were no questions of love, or was the boyfriend somehow bigger or better; it really was just sex.

But Bill’s attitude is pretty typical: once she fucked someone else, she was just ruined, worth nothing, and her pussy rotten. Some asshole had played with his pussy!

He didn’t upgrade; he downgraded. Yeah, when he was away for an extended deployment, she cheated. That means he had a wife who liked sex! Then he got a woman who had major trust issues and a quick and vile temper. He was better off with Lois!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Read the Regs

Overall not bad but, unless things have changed, there were many points that show a lack of military understanding. UCMJ laws are stronger for active duty personnel than this story allows. Biggest was the wife being serviced by other officers. You want to end a military career get hit with a Conduct Unbecoming charge and see how long you last.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I thought the story was good as it was, thank you for the story. As a few writers have realized, you can look at the comments but write to please yourself. Some people need to take a moment to think as they type - the plot may seem familiar because a) a wife cheats. b) the husband finds out. c) they stay together or divorce. Why should there be closure on the ex beyond her being out of their lives- they have more character than she does. I look forward to more good stories! thanx

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

TimRiv, did you even bother to read the story or did you just decide to go off on an unfactual, histrionic rant? It's obvious that you have a warped view of respect and see no issue using assumption to defend your argument. I generally do not like hard btb stories but the wife here was absolutely and without question disrespectful to her marriage and husband. Your belief seems to be based on the notion that the husband could have asked her to join him in Korea. What part of unaccompanied orders do you not understand? She couldn't go... period. You asked "what he should expect?" He expected a faithful wife but she didn't last a full 2 months. He didn't cheat on her according to the story so what justifications did she have to betray him and yes, disrespect him? The wife stated it was nothing he did. Did you miss that part as well?

You claim they were both at fault. Would you care to point out where the husband did ANYTHING to be betrayed or is it just that he left her alone? I recognize there are some who believe this to be a grave sin but the last time I checked, my vagina does not dictate my actions. I suspect that is the case as well for the numerous women everywhere who remain faithful to their husbands during periods of extended separation. I know some people just can't imagine this. Maybe the wife wanted sex available everyday. We never learned the reason for her betrayal but she knew may not be possible at times. She accepted that reality when she married.

Everyone chooses to be faithful or not. He was. She wasn't. It blew up in her face. He had no obligation to hear her excuses. She fucked it up. She said it wasn't his fault. Game Over. She deals with the consequences.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

What is up with this "it's just sex bullshit" from Reed and TimRiv? You don't get to just unilaterally open a marriage and cheat for 6 months. Reed, did you ever consider it isn't about her vagina? Maybe it was about respect and honor? Did she talk to him first and explain what she was feeling? You say it was just sex, I say it's about character. She lacked.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Actually

She was asking for a third chance if you count the early bitch time and his "tough shit" comment.

Thing is, she believed something bad his EX FUCKING WIFE said about him. She's clearly too stupid to share genes with and carries too much baggage to live with.

Master Yoda, the bitch is strong with this one.

Bebop3Bebop3over 3 years ago

An enjoyable story. Thanks for sharing it.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Yeah

Damn good story and he did trade up...but that's a low bar to begin with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Needs another chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A good story with a few reality issues...

Normally I would agree with RR who is one of my favorite authors here... I also would agree that sometimes it’s just sex. But it’s sometimes even when they say it’s just sex it’s not. It’s respect and trust. His dumping the cheating ex is the best move... they didn’t have an “agreement “ and he wasn’t cheating there so she really was cheating while he was deployed. Whether she said she would quit or not didn’t matter. She said she would cheat again if he was deployed long term. He could have been shipped to the sandbox, injured and while he is suffering she is at home and Jody is banging out her box. It’s the thought of home that helps make the days pass on those deployments. Worrying about her would have eaten him up. So in this case I think if he found a woman who wouldn’t cheat.,. Even a crazy one... it’s a trade up. Furthermore, it sucks going without sex for a year but it’s not the end of the world... and if you are an honest person you either don’t, or you talk about the possibilities with your spouse. It’s not about losing your toys or loaning your toys... it’s about respect and trust. When trust is broken there is little else left.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Reed....

We all know you can't understand normal human behavior and you don't mind the entire male population around your wife's general vicinity sticking their dicks in your wife and giving her as much use as a public urinal, as long as she gives you your turn as well and says that she only loves you.

I know you can't comprehend the human race but trust me, you don't get it and that is ok. But quit trying to understand our obviously alien culture and enjoy the leftovers the rest of the men of your race leave in the cesspool your wife calls a pussy.😉

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

@ReedRichards: That's an amazing rationalisation. Cheating was just sex, so hubby should suck it up and count his lucky stars. Yeah, Donna was quick to judge and has trust issues (I don't know about vile temper - all she did was blank him, not set out to ruin his life), but at least she has a traumatic event in her past which triggered it.

Lois on the other hand has only herself to blame. So what if she was going to break it off when he got home? She plainly stated she would cheat again if he went back on assignment.

Even if you manage to get past that, her taunting after being caught was weird as hell. Not to mention, Donna's biggest mistake in the relationship came after being lied to and manipulated by Lois. So while Donna isn't perfect, it's still a trade-up IMO, simply because trading up from Lois seems like a pretty low bar.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Traded up ?

His former wife was a cheat and implied that should she have the opportunity she would likely do so again . So he has to be better off without her .

I don't really see that he traded up exactly . They are new to each other , lots to find out and may yet not be a good fit .

Both being hurt by their former spouses doesn't guarantee fidelity when apart !!

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 3 years ago
hmm

dont know why but this really stood out for me "The next thing I did was clean out my refrigerator. Virtually everything in it was spoiled so it went in a big plastic garbage bag and into the dumpster." why did he leave stuff in there in the first place? then theres getting rid of one crazy just to end up with another, would wish him luck but he just a fictional character lol

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Great story

I really enjoy the stories from the military perspective, but I hate with a passion those spouses who cheat on deployed mates. I realize that the great RR was just yanking chains with his comment about it being fine for military spouses to cheat just for sex. I strongly disagree with that statement. My wife did a six month deployment a few years ago and left me home. Although I worked in Mr Richard's often described sex supermarket a large hospital ED, not once did I cheat on my deployed wife. I'm just as certain that she reciprocated by not stepping out on me. Anyway, your story was great, and I was glad Lois showed her bitchy side in the end. Good luck to the major marrying a major who has DOR on him.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Anyone ever explained to Reed Richards that breaking ones marriage vows can and generally are, deal breakers, whether its "just sex" or not. Thats why they make toys that will take care of that need for 'just sex".

Glad you have no moral center, better people do though. Truly an epic fail Reedy.

Good story, even if it weren't fully correct on some points, and thats what counts.

freeman82freeman82over 3 years ago
Oh I really wished we could vote on comments

There are some stupid cucks in here that would deserve to get downvoted into oblivion for their patsy assed attitudes...

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

Really this is just beyond stupid and beyond awful periods Donna is certainly not an upgrade over the ex wife.

At least the ex wife was left alone and for an extended period of time perhaps 18 months and one can understand why she might have decided to get some sexual tension

Donna has no such excuse. If she had Real feelings and emotions for this guy she should at least given him 10 or 20 seconds to explain. She can always not leave him and not have anything to do with him in the future.

instead she decides to not even give him a chance to defend himself. And THREATENS AN OFFICER WITH SEXUAL HARASSMENT... which would end his career !!!!!

It didn't even occur to her that the ex wife Lois might have ulterior motive.

There is nothing about Donna which is worthy of a second chance

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

ReedRichards....

He was not better off with Lois.

She broke her marriage vows. She came back at him trying to emasculate him with the why. Why doesn't matter except in the case of date drugs or rape. My 2 brother in laws didn't put up with that answer, my brother didn't put up with that answer. I have 2 friends from college who are in open/swing type marriages. Even those have rules. The wife in one broke the rules is now divorced. There is no man who has any self respect that would put up with what Lois did.

Trust issues can be dealt with. Cheating, breaking vows or rules of a marriage is an ender.

Are you ok with your partner screwing around behind your back?

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Two stories

I liked the first story and how Bill handled himself. When she volunteered how much sex she had and how great it was, she became history. In Donna's case it was slow going and developed into something worthwhile. She screwed up when she accepted the word of the ex without discussing it with him. Based on her being cheated on that was reasonable, them hooking up again was okay. Good story

nestorb30nestorb30over 3 years ago

Ending was rushed, otherwise pretty good

SystemShockSystemShockover 3 years ago
@ReedRichards

It's probably a novel concept to you, but there’s this thing called "loyalty" that military people especially hold in very high regard. Traitors of any kind are a special class of subhuman scum in their eyes, and rightly so. Weak, fragile "people" who can't be trusted or relied upon. Not the kind of person anyone with integrity would ever want to be saddled with for any amount of time.

He was supposed to be gone a total of 13 months, and it took her all of 2 months to start cheating. By the time he caught her, it had been going for 6 months. Who's to say it wouldn't have become more than "just sex" after another 6 months? Or that she wouldn’t have started up with someone who turned out to be more Mr. Right than Mr. Right-Now? Also note that she said she'd do it again if he went on another long deployment. So every time he was gone for more than, say, 2 months, by her own words she would find another man to scratch her itch, and every time there would be a chance that it would become more than "just sex". Because she already showed that she has no integrity, loyalty or self-control.

So...why, exactly would he have been better off with her? Because she likes sex? Nope, try again. Also, you talk about Donna's temper and attitude, but conveniently gloss over how Lois went out of her way to try and ruin their relationship and took joy in rubbing her success, temporary though it was, in her ex's face. All because she was mad about having to face the consequences of her actions. Nah, dude most certainly upgraded.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Interesting Story!

5

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 3 years ago
Enjoyable

I truly did enjoy it.

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 3 years ago
5 stars for Ft. Knox

I was Armor branch and did time at Knox, Bliss and Tatouine.

Ate sand rode steel beasts and lived that life to occasionally think about it fondly.

Thanks for the trip back.

If you ain't cav...

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensover 3 years ago
I enjoyed it — 5*

Tough enough to be separated from those you love. Even tougher when someone breaks faith.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Mr Shock:

You’ll note that I’m not the only one who said that the new wife wasn’t an upgrade.

Whether the author intended it or not, Lois’s affair was described as the very definition of “it’s just sex.” Most people wind up having an it’s just sex tryst or three before they get married, and that seems to be more common now than in the past.

Is a woman’s pussy somehow ruined if it gets used by someone else? That’s how this story was written! Bill had an honest description of Lois’ attitude through the discovered texts, as close an explanation as there could ever be for a forgivable affair, yet he immediately went nuclear. Then he goes nuclear on the next woman, without ever seeking any explanation or evidence. Military or civilian, this is the kind of man who will foul up something very big in his lifetime.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 3 years ago

Our hero didn’t seem very perturbed by all the cheating and ghosting. It was all a bit dry and detached. Wounded by an IED - Implicit Emotional Detachment - more that he ever was by bullets I’d say.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
She cheated before

She told billy she cheated before he left for korea. So donna or not she had to go.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Lois needed some straightening out and Donna deserved some form of spanking as well but decent story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@secretsal Re: @ReedRichards - Yes, it's funny how HE'S out of line getting pissed at his wife actually cheating on him, but it's okay that Donna gets pissed at him - NOT because he cheated on her, but because he ALLEGEDLY cheated on his ex-wife as told by the ex-wife, not exactly an unbiased source!

@Anonymous Re: "Open/Swing Marriages" - Excellent point that even they have rules.

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

Well Done. Enjoyable read. Thanks

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 3 years ago

Great, until you let the ex-wife off with zero retribution. Way to go, pussy.

pepepilotpepepilotover 3 years ago

Good story, but the ending cost a star. 4*

tralan69ertralan69erover 3 years ago

@sbrooks

what is wrong about formal introduction? And all the other pointless questions you asked?

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago
@ NotAnAnon

I don’t know about your self-concept. But, whenever I have stopped interacting with anyone I feel has slighted me, I firmly believe that the loss of him or her benefitting from my presence is SERIOUS retribution. Canceling credit cards, cell-phone access plus moving furniture to an inconvenient location, to say nothing about screwing up his or her extramarital hookup, are just gravy on the roast of losing me!

There was a big unlikelihood in The Ice Major’s USAF brother flying Our Hero back from Hawaii. That-coincidence is nicely mediated by that pilot’s having been seen earlier (mistakenly as a date) with her by Our Hero in the Ft. Knox Officers’ Club.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The story was ...

... kinda boring and the conversation he had with the pilot redundant. ***

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Could we please agree that there really are occasions when its just sex?

And they are easy to identify. Just Sex is what you get from a prostitute, or maybe a one night hookup; just sex. No dating, no dinners, no gifts, no planning, no weekend getaways, NO ROMANCE! You find a room, a bed, you get naked, or maybe not completely, and you fuck. You just fuck. You don't know the person you're fucking, you don't want to know the person you're fucking, you don't care about the person you're fucking, you just want intercourse. That's just sex.

Lois was dating a man, enjoying his company, his personality, his wit and humor, his character, his conversation, his sexuality, probably his money. Lois was conducting a romance while her husband was serving the United States of America and risking his life for our country if ordered to do so. Lois betrayed her marriage vows, with enthusiasm, without regret, and would do it again. And she didn't care if her husband found out as long as it didn't spoil her marriage. She was ready, eager, to describe the fun and the details of her betrayal. I sensed the only regret was in the consequences to her marriage. She demonstrated no guilt, no remorse, and no understanding of why adultery is wrong. Lois is a sociopath. The only question was why did he ever marry her to begin with? You don't become that empty of conscience and virtue because you miss cock. If she'd had gone out and really just gotten some anonymous stress relieving sex she'd probably still be married.

The question of whether or not he traded up is laughable. The worst he could possible do is discover he traded sideways. From his marriage to Lois he had no place to go but up.

And Reed, please send us your address, your wife's phone number, and the dates when you are going to be out of town for a few weeks, or days? What's your standard of expectation before she goes looking, just for sex of course. I promise to treat her just like a prostitute.

It was a decent story with a logical plot and an interesting mix of appealing and despicable characters.

Thanks for the effort.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Mr easel wrote:

"Anyone ever explained to Reed Richards that breaking ones marriage vows can and generally are, deal breakers, whether its "just sex" or not."

Actually, it's not. Men are far more likely to divorce a wife who has cheated than a woman is to divorce a husband who has cheated.

https://signalscv.com/2019/11/research-how-many-marriages-end-in-divorce-because-of-infidelity/

Women are simply more practical than men when it comes to sex. They get pissed off, but are far less likely to see a husband who has strayed as somehow sullied or broken than men are if their wives cheat.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
26thNC wrote:

"I realize that the great RR was just yanking chains with his comment about it being fine for military spouses to cheat just for sex. I strongly disagree with that statement. My wife did a six month deployment a few years ago and left me home. Although I worked in Mr Richard's often described sex supermarket a large hospital ED, not once did I cheat on my deployed wife. I'm just as certain that she reciprocated by not stepping out on me."

Not meaning to be personally insulting, but how do you know that she never stepped out on you? She told you so? You believe so? I don't know your wife, but I've known more than a few women who have gotten some on the side and their husbands never found out.

The fact is that, unless she got pregnant or picked up an STD, there's no physical 'damage' that occurs when a woman has sex. Plenty of women do this and just don't tell anyone, don't get caught.

We even celebrate the no physical damage part in LW! How many stories are there here where the husband was totally clueless about an affair that had gone on for months or even years, and only discovered it by some odd circumstance? No one here thinks that such is odd, but it demonstrates a great truth: the pussy isn't somehow ruined if someone else fucks it.

If the pussy isn't somehow damaged, if the woman isn't broken in some way, then the only injury that has occurred has occurred between the husband's ears.

I'm old enough to remember when women were damaged goods as far as marrying them if they were not virgins. Now that expectation is completely gone, and people pretty much assume that, unless you marry your junior high school sweetheart, she has fucked someone else before you. If a girl goes to college, unless she's deformed or obese, people will just assume that she's had her share of meaningless sex. That's not physical damage, but a cultural change; things which were just wholly unacceptable before are commonplace now.

In this story, if it weren't for the convoluted circumstances, Lois would never have been caught. If she hadn't been caught, what would have happened? Bill would have finished his deployment, Lois would have broken off the affair a week or so before Bill got home, and their lives together would have gone on happily ever after, Bill none the wiser, and Lois no longer getting any on the side.

Why does adultery exist? Because it's fun! Sex is fun -- or at least it's supposed to be! -- and sex with someone new is always exciting, and doing something 'forbidden' is a rush as well. If adultery wasn't fun, nobody would ever try it.

I can't be the only guy here who's ever fucked a married woman.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Should be marked higher imo...

Thought this was real good story and I liked it, thank you delayedaction. Us readers have been spoilt recently with some great quality writing so it is great to see newer and less well known writers coming up to the mark.

From other comments, I'm not surprised at ReedRichards coming out with...it's ok it's just sex.... fine for him apparently, not sure if he's baiting the author or just bonkers. We know HarryinVA is bonkers because reading his comments he hates every story in here, then sbrooks does his hyper silly criticism thing on every story not submitted by the Literhierarchy...as if he's some sort of expert...suggestion...read stories as a reader not as a writer looking for petty faults. Defies belief when so many writers give their time and effort to provide free entertainment, let us encourage new writers not denigrate them. Constructive criticism is good and useful, not disparaging someone's work just because it's not your bag or to promote your own self worth.

SystemShockSystemShockover 3 years ago

@ReedRichards

You'll note that I'm not the only one who said that she was. If you want to play that game, I'm pretty sure "my" side outnumbers "yours", so...

You should also note that the Judge called Lois out on her bullshit and spelled out exactly why it's NEVER "just sex". So no, it's not written that way at all. It's explicitly stated that cheating is a symptom of an underlying problem in the marriage, whether either party knows it or not. And let's not forget how Lois tried to explain herself after the divorce. If it was "just sex" as you keep parroting, there'd be nothing to explain since that's the same story she told to begin with. The way the story is ACTUALLY written, "just sex" is a weak relationalization by a weak character who doesn't want to accept that actions have consequences. And I like how you totally ignore my other points.

I don't know where you're getting this idea that Lois being damaged goods is the reason for the break-up. It's not even implied that that's the case. It's honestly amazing that out of all the reasons to divorce someone like Lois: no loyalty, no integrity, no respect, no self-control, no remorse, the assurance that she would do it again if/when the opportunity presented itself, etc, you go for "spoiled goods" as the answer. Hope you warmed up before making that leap in logic; might pull something otherwise.

BoytitsBoytitsover 3 years ago

I am a little old military, a lot old horny , a little understanding , and a lot liking this story *5* stars from me understand!

Introvert269Introvert269over 3 years ago
Well done

I feel this was well written, and I like the story itself, but in my opinion it could have been extended, there should have been a bit of retribution for the ex pulling her little stunt

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago
Loved the story but not abrupt ending

As former military, I loved this well written story. I was Air Force but can relate to much of the story's plot lines, especially the impact of deployments and remotes on a marriage. Only "flaw" in the story was when Donna was in the parking lot and Bill refused to help her by calling her "Lady". Even an Army captain (LOL) wouldn't say that to a superior officer. If you ever get a chance to do an edit, change it to Major. Thanks for the read and Merry Christmas! [Go Air Force, beat Army]

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 3 years ago
Very well done!

You got the military parts right! I'm not quite sure a Major would catch two bullets, especially as you're probably an Armor Officer, with all your time at Ft. Knox. Your story, your universe. Semper Gumby.

I was enlisted SF, got my degree and commission, rejoined as an Infantry Officer, then transitioned to MI. 27 years, then retired. I even did the unaccompanied tour in Korea.

Good to see someone else on here who gets it!

Oh, yeah, when I was in Af, my wife left me (Karma's Revenge). I feel for you, brother.

Well done!

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
How come

How come she never got redeployed?.

njlaurennjlaurenover 3 years ago
Ok story

With Lois you have to wonder with her convention trips if she had been cheating all along, from context it doesn't sound like this was the first time she cheated. When he confronts her she is amazingly calm, and it is almost like she wants to tell him why so she can blame him. She goes in believing she can get him to forgive her, yet she tells him the sex was great. She also makes sure she will cheat again so it sounds like she likely has cheated before. He doesn't own her, but her having sex behind his back is breaking trust with him and disloyal,to say the least. He has no choice where he is deployed and she knew that going into the marriage it would happen. In the end her bitchiness tells me while she loved Bill she also in some ways resented him. She dates other officers trying to get him jealous but then cheats to make him feel bad.

With Donna I agree with others he should tread lightly, the fact that an accomished woman could fall for the lie the ex wife told,freak out and not even talk to him says she has real issues, he shouldn't go near her unless she gets help.

baulloyder68baulloyder68over 3 years ago
I loved your story

Well done, keep writing those good stories that keep me entertained. FIVE*****

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Flawed

How come the hotel receptionist,called him Dr Nichols,his wife would have registered in her own name?.Also why go to the convention for the room number,the receptionist at the first hotel could have told him.As he canceled her phone ,how could she ring some one as soon as she saw the empty house.?.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 3 years ago

Nice.

That was an interesting story.

I knew a Donna once.

It was complicated.

I felt this story didn't deal enough

with Donna's issues.

The end was too abrupt.

4 out of 5 from me.

ohyessssssohyessssssover 3 years ago
My experience

You’ve all heard it.... if Uncle Sam wanted you to have a wife, he’d have issued you one. Beyond that, I only spent six years in uniform but, in my unofficial opinion, nine out of ten wives cheated. And, it wasn’t just on husbands who were deployed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Jesus why take her back

She didn't even SEEK CONFIRMATION of what an EX-wife had to say. How hateful and stupid it that ?

Was doing okay until them, when the MC showed he was an idiot. Just no.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 3 years ago
Excellent story

I truly enjoyed your story.....

ClockstopperClockstopperover 3 years ago

Good story. Very realistic.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Howcome

How come Donna never got sent for training or on manoeuvres like he did?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nitpic

Different MOS or job supply in some units stays where they are and have units that are based over seas when I was in the Marines that’s how it went grunts like me were shipped all over but when in a place Japan they had a supply office there for the regiment hope that helps

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
RR

I just noticed your last comment on my wife being on deployment. I showed her.. my comment, and had her read yours. She jus laughed, and wonders if you trust your wife and would believe her if she tells you that she had never cheated. I do trust and believe my wife, even knowing that assholes, like you admit to have been, run wild in situations like hers. Even after reading LW stories, I still trust her. If either of us ever doubts the other, we know we can leave the relationship. Her views on fidelity are probably stronger than mine even. I will never test her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Oh good story

I liked your story a little different than most of the cheating wife got caught.

The only thing that I found wrong in your story was the comment about the PX that prices are cheaper there. Prices in the PX at one time being cheaper used to be true but no more everything has changed. In a world where we depend on our military to keep us safe and ask them to risk there lives they have lost a lot of the privileges that they once had. The PX is no cheaper and in some cases higher than those in the civilian sector. I think it is a shame that we expect so much from. Our service men and women while at the same time slowly stripping away there privileges. So many come back with PTSD after serving in conflict zones and are left on there one broken back in civilian life. Shame on us our politicians and our country for notyt? taking better care of our soldiers and families.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
@tangoperu Re.: officer v. officer liaison.

Like in corporate America, if one is not directly in charge of the other, it is not a problem. There is some difficulty with officer v. enlisted, but not unheard of, but in special circumstances, like they were married before enlisted/commissioned.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
@powersworder re.: life is too short.

“Life is too short to be involved with someone suffering from irrational jealousy and paranoia...”

IMO By this point he was already I love with her, which was why he was so confused, then so hurt and pissed off at her. He wasn’t in “like” or “deep like”, but in love. That changed the equation of when, why, and how you drop someone.

penneydog55penneydog55over 3 years ago

Yeah!!..You've got My vote..

5 Stars..🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🐕😉

jazzharpjazzharpabout 3 years ago
Just reread your story.

I still think it's great! Marked it as a favorite when first posted. And I agree with someone's comment that you're one of the best new writers here (you're one of my favorite authors).

Rereading your story, I also read through the comments. I think ReedRichards made a lot of good points. So, I'd like to commend him and maybe read some of his stories.

ResmiHardinResmiHardinabout 3 years ago
4*

Can't believe his ex-wife changed from a seemingly happy and faithful wife to basically a whore that didn't give 2 shits about cheating on him, seems to me like she's always cheated on him if he gets sent without her lol seems funny as well to find out she really gave no shits, no apologies, no remorse, no care and even fucked up his relationship just for kicks.

Donna still has issues regarding men in general, as its shown where even someone she doesn't know can come in between her and her new love interest by mentioning something she hates or is disgusted by (being cheated on) that in turn throws out all logic and she ices up again, once again i see a story where the man who did nothing wrong has to force his way into her life, show her proof of what went down and demanded she see it before she continues her moral high ground (I'm assuming donna and lois both spoke after shit went down) and act like someone who only has 1 side.

Great story, just really wanted to get more revenge on Lois, wasn't really focused at all and she was not punished at all, it was a transaction where she got half his assets and basically carried on with her life like nothing happened, while he had to suffer both her actions in the marriage and out of it when she fucked up him and donna.

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

I can't believe that the author would let the ex off the hook for trying to fuck up his life yet again. The should have been payback on an epic scale! 1 star.

kamdev99008kamdev99008about 3 years ago

I can't believe that the author would let the ex off the hook for trying to fuck up his life yet again. The should have been payback on an epic scale! 1 star.

Agree... A payback to her, is a must

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 3 years ago

"Don't you want to know why I cheated?"

"No, I already figured out why."

"Really? So why do you think I cheated?"

"Well, obviously i was wrong about all of those good things i thought about you and the reality is you're just a slut."

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

4 from me. I am ex-military and thankfully, Air Force. I only got transferred twice in 16 years. Yes, being in a search and rescue squadron really played havoc with military marriages. To this day we are the last ones from the original group still together. Yes, I was responsible for the only real threat to our marriage, at about the 10 year mark. However, I chose to stay with my kids and sucked it up, begged my wife for a second chance and she grudgingly allowed it. We are still together after more than 50 years. However, I have paid for that affair for 40 years. Our marriage never regained what it was like before that 10 year point.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdelayedaction@delayedaction
Enjoy reading the stories here especially those of Blackrandl1958, harddaysknight, sbrooks 103x, ephesus14, and others.