All Comments on 'She's Gone'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 252 Comments (Page 3)
SexecutionerSexecutionerover 1 year ago

6-7 years of betrayal, and two years after the divorce and he's saddened because she's suffering? That's not reality unless you're a simp-beta.

ker63469ker63469over 1 year ago

Very well done. An enjoyable read

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 1 year ago

How do you muster up trust after a screwed up relationship like this? A problem that always confused me may even perplex me is how can children with a shred of decency, ask a spouse to forgive the cheater? Especially in this case. i would be tempted to ignore the kids after a stern conversation about their sense of fair play and morals.

JayZipJayZipabout 1 year ago

Beautifully told.

I wish our narrator had been able to mention the other man's name to her parents. I imagine a sharp gasp when they hear the name, and know it's true.

rn2711rn2711about 1 year ago

Very good story. I'm sad for them both. He lost the love of his life and was scared for life. She lost both her lovera at the same time.

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 1 year ago

As in a lot of stories, I would like to know the POV of the wife. I understand the MC doesn't want to know but I as reader want to know. How can she justify her action. How did the rest of the family and friends react? What did she really mourn? Lover or marriage?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I feel so sorry for him. To have such a lying, cheating, delusional, whore for a wife. How he didn’t beat her to death shows such willpower.

Have absolutely zero sympathy for her and hope she dies a slow, painful, lonely death.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Damn good story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This story is trite and you are not living up to your true potentiall.

1. The MC behaves like an irrational 5 year old.

2. She got call that day summoning her. Look at the last number dialed and either call it or give it to the police.

3. Do not allow the police to question you without counsel; to them the MC is a suspect.

4. Be calm and rational with family. Do not accept their knee jerk to blame you.

5. Tell the ADULT kids the plain truth up front.

6. Once he know about of lengthy betrayal take her back to the hospital and leave immediately.

7. See an attorney. File, get restraining order and put the house on the market pending divorce.

AND, PLEASE, none of the, "I still love her nonsense.

Highcountryrider.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wife dearvea all the unhappiness life ever

shadrachtshadrachtabout 1 year ago

Sad and unenjoyable. If that's what you're going for, well done!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year agoAuthor

@ shadracht - actually, it was. Not every story gets a happy ending.

MasterKoteMasterKote12 months ago

No Revenge? I beg to differ.. Divorce and cutting her out of his life is the best form of revenge and prob more realistic than other stories on here.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Well written. Much appreciated. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

So she now lives a life of solitude and regrets. Ahe cheated and now regards her vows by wprking and going home. I would not have giving her two weeks and anet the papers to her lovers bedside and server him on his and let him know what scumbad he is and he is going to a very warm place in the afterlife. That is not revenge or even justice but it helps ease his anger

SeaChangerSeaChanger11 months ago

Excellent writing and creative story.

If I had been there, I would have told him to look at her cell phone or computer for hints.

WisquejacWisquejac10 months ago

Liked it. Thanks.

fredbrownfredbrown10 months ago

We sure be fucked up Bubba! She was your wife, not your soulmate and will forever be "HIS" widow! That would be just a tad hard to accept.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x10 months ago

@Anonymous, nowhere does it say that he doesn't believe that it as only a few nights a year.

\

@demander Re: Curious - She told him what happened: The re-connected, dated a bit before starting an affair.

\

@fritz51, good point that he obviously wasn't THAT close to death that she had to take off immediately.

\

Couldn't she have at least called her parents, let them know she was okay, something.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Singular nouns take singular pronouns. Stupidly using "they/them" makes you sound like a moronic woketard (redundant. I know). 4 for creativity

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

You can't take revenge on a dead man, but you can use his grave as a chamberpot on a regular basis.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Really sad tale of betrayal. She hurt her entire family with her disappearance. Her husband was unbelievably stressed getting no support from his family and then being scrutinized by the police. And it was all so she could be with her "second" husband. Who cares if she was sexually with the asshole only a few times a year (of course that is her statement, and she lies easily). Her lying is beyond reason, with no respect for her husband and utter destruction of her vows and any trust. But she also hurt her husband terribly with her running away. That is a really hideous betrayal. And as a result they both live lonely, sad, unfulfilled lives. She has serious mental issues.

AllNigherAllNigher8 months ago

Rn2711... you feel sorry for both, her because she lost both her lovers at the same time? Rich. She gave up her husband by cheating on him for 7 years. That's on her ... she didn't lose him she threw him away. Like feeling sorry for a murderer because he lost his freedom.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I’m with the other anon….serve the bitch in the hospital room and be done with her. It sounded like the guy was a vegetable anyway…eff ‘em both.

PondLife2023PondLife20237 months ago

I’d like to think whatever killed him was a long slow and very painful. In some ways it’s unfortunate it wasn’t contagious!

Schlouis57Schlouis577 months ago

Beurk...j'ai du mal à lire ce genre d'inepties

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

WELL, I DID GIVE IT A TWO. BUT TELL ME, why are all these MC's so brain dead? They are asked: When they asked if I could forgive her, I said, "Maybe someday, but I'll never trust her again."

A REAL MANS ANSWER: ABSODAMNLUTELY NOT; I WILL HATE HER GUTS UNTIL THE DAY I DIE. AND I WILL ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY HATING HER!!!!

Nowready4uNowready4u7 months ago

To the last comment, HATE only festers and rots the soul. Nothing is gained by hating only more misery to all the lives it touches.

Nowready4uNowready4u7 months ago

HATE only rots the soul and destroys the lives of all it touches.

Ocker53Ocker536 months ago

I x Ellen’s I could feel his pain in every word⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

PondLife2023PondLife20236 months ago

Sadly the author didn’t describe the agonising pain that meds could not affect, his screaming until his last breath. Glad the divorce went well and the cheater is suffering remorse, probably not enough to end it all though!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Just words is very stingy with words…The story felt very bland..no emotions..no closure ..nothing!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

5 stars as usual

Why would the MC say: "She isn't going out, or so they think. It saddens me that she's suffering so, but I can't help her."

Her suffering saddens him? She humiliated, betrayed, and disrespected him for 6-7 years straight. She shared her body and love with another man. I like that there's no ridiculous BTB ending, but I'm a bit surprised he'd be saddened by her suffering--which is a drop in the ocean compared to his.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I believe the lady was severely delusional if she thought her letter explaining her absence would pacify her husband and that he would welcome her home when her ‘mission of mercy’ was completed. In other words, I think she had a screw loose. And I have to believe that she eventually came to realize that. After the divorce,life, it was said, consisted of work and home. That’s probably when the depression set in. But she brought it all on herself.

Very nice story, J_W, thanks for sharing. 5 stars.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

3 sars, for 2 reasons. First one was the heavily disappointing "It saddens me that she's suffering so, but I can't help her". Why would it sadden him that a shitfaced lying cheater is suffering? She is suffering 100x less than she deserves to. And no the whole "I still love her" doesn't fly with me, that's bullshit invented by attention hungry females. A man can't love someone who betrayed him like that. Love DOES die when it's murdered.

/

Second was the hesitant "maybe eventually dipping my toe into dating pool". WTF? I get it it's "realistic" but you're the author, you could throw MC a bone and have him meet a decent woman to make him happy.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Liked the story a lot but just seemed that by letting the mist settle in fog,it was just missing a man's strength. 4

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

At least he should have stayed in the house and kept full custody of the kids. After all she did abandon the marriage and that would have been enough for the Courts to give him most everything. That's the part that ruined it for me.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

I thought that was great. The husband character was good. He did all he could, he wasn't weak, he wasn't vicious, he was normal.

sure I'd like more answers and trying to get the wife to realize that she did deny love from her husband, sentences of the wife talking. sentences of remorse, guilt and consequences. her getting help and realizing what she's done, discussions with parents, their children and friends questioning how she could be so cruel and evil to her husband... maybe with some of them that knew the man when they dated in school to give us a picture of why she chose him over her marriage.

should have been some pictures of the cheaters in the townhouse along with the clothes. should have been some questioning parentage, out of spite or to shock her into responding when she was near catatonic.

But it's fine the way it was.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x5 months ago

She hasn't taken anything from him? What about these last few weeks with no contact?

\

When did she find the time? It's a 3-4 hour drive, each way, plus the time they spent together, they'd need at least the better part of two days.

\

"He has no one. I can't let him die alone." - IF she hadn't been having a 6/7 year affair with him, and TOLD James about an old "friend" who was dying, he'd probably have been open to her spending some time by his bedside.

\

I don't really see trust as a big issue, unless she's got some other old lovers out there that might be dying. I could MAYBE forgive the affair that he apparently never suspected, but the abandonment to be by the lover's deathbed is TOTALLY unforgivable.

\

Didn't this guy have any other love life? It must have been hard for her to find the time to get away, with her husband not noticing that she's spending the night elsewhere! They's be lucky if she could do it more than 3/4 times a year unless James travels a lot on business.

\

I wonder if Lover Boy left her anything, since he had nobody else!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A very powerful, low-key description of the death of a marriage. Thank you

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter5 months ago

It sounded like truth. so many of the stories here are so very over the top, so extreme, with either wives who are indiscriminate sluts, or husbands who are navy Seals and exact violent vengeance, that they are ridiculous. This was a sad but believable tale, filled with sorrow and pain. That is what an unfaithful spouse so often results in. Been there, done that, and no I didn’t get a tee shirt either. Just disbelief, followed by pain, doubts, and sorrow.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I guess I'm a suckered for 'wife disappears' stories, but I enjoyed it. While there are many valid points brought out in comments, they are easily fixed in plot rewrite. She had a burner phone hidden in her car. He trusted her and she just had to go out of town for work, or to visit a friend. Young kids have a overnight sleepover at a friend's house while dads away on a business trip and mom is off playing house. Trusting husband and it happens at wide, random intervals. Etc. Any serious reader of LW stories can backfill it to plausibility easily. Unfortunately, probably too many readers have had similar, though less drastic and dramatic.

If I had a wish, I could wish that she found out that he had another woman on the side who didn't know about HER, to tide him through the times he couldn't play house with her, and she showed up at the hospital and in the cat fight that followed he died due to their smashing his life support accidently. Then she finds out the other woman gets everything. THEN she gets home and BEGS her husband to forgive her as she didn't know what kind of guy he REALLY was (as if any guy knowingly carrying on with a married woman could be anything other than Pure Evil.). And he divorces her.

Having the judge read her the riot act during the divorce hearing would be a worthwhile scene! He should eviscerate and exfoliate her!!!

Actually it is possible that she developed a dual personality disorder that made her believe in two separate lives (there are male and female bigamists that get away with this for years in the real world.). To a lesser extent there are many professions that cause such behavior because the behavior required by one is opposite the behavior required by the other... loving, kind, gentle family men who go off to fight evil or sit in a launch control center ready to fire missiles (or fight drug cartels or be in drug cartels).

Still a very well written and enjoyable story.

Thank you.

Just_WordsJust_Words5 months agoAuthor

@ Anonymous from minutes ago: I love the idea that the dying man had another GF on the side. Unfortunately, I was trying to focus on the pain and struggle of the husband. Retribution of just payback rarely figures into real life. Thanks for the ideas, though. I do believe that cheaters make their own justice and too often are blind to see it.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos4 months ago

I think 200+ miles away is too far for an affair without a cessna to shuttle you back and forth, especially for 7 years. I'd edit it down to a more believable 40 miles or so. Also it's a bit implausible that an inveterate liar (which I think a 7 year affair points to) would come up with a mysterious letter instead of a sanitized version of the truth - after all, the main character did not know this man at all. so merely saying like "my good friend and former boyfriend from high school" would have probably been fine. The only way the crazy letter makes sense is if the wife has a reason to conceal her lovers identity, which means that the main character needs to not only know who he is, but also what he represents (a prurient threat to the marriage, or a nemesis, or some other undesirable that he would be enraged at his wife visiting on their deathbed). Like, just make it something like - a former boss of hers that she had an affair with early on in their marriage (and he forgave her for) or the man that broke them up in college until he ran away for some reason. That gives the wife some reason to conceal what she's doing in such a mysterious way. I mean, it's a good story dude, but if you just change a few sentences you can spackle up plot holes a bit.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

She was a horrible person. Even if he could possibly forgive her he would never know if her crying was because her boyfriend died . She deserve to lose her sons and husband. Well written though, so convining I find myself thinking, what a bitch.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What a gut-wrenching story. Brilliantly told with emotion and so much pain. Marie really isn't a nice person and that must have hurt him to realise that. Stunningly good story. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well written, but incomplete. No explanation on how she hid that time, not like the husband was gone for periods of time and all that, apparently . No addressing the issue of the kids, probably not even his if she had that kind of relationship then, likely she had one before. And if she's that good a liar, she's probably been doing it for much longer than that - are coming a conscience would take much more practice than that, she must have been lying and probably having a reason to lie much before that. Takes a while to develop the twisted mind, comes from the selfishness of the heart and grows.

You let the so-called wife off way too easy. As a writer, take a stand against the adultery and the infidelity, take a stand for people who need supporting, don't promote the female dogs running around loose, encouraging them to cheat and assume they won't have any consequences. That's what you've done here. A divorce for a woman who is already so selfish and uncommitted and deceitful is not a significant penalty.

No retribution, no justice.

No justice, no peace.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow. Sad and harsh. Clearly she had mental issues with her living a double life. But -1 star as there is no explanation of how she was able to make the time. She said at one point it was only a few nights a year, but thr state of the townhouse suggests otherwise, mor did the MC believe her. So how did she get away so much playing wife to a second man? 4 stars.

Dennis26Dennis26about 1 month ago

I enjoyed this very much. A sad story that sucks you in. excellent writing 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

She must have a teleporter to commute between two households without arousing suspicion.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...