All Comments on 'She's Gone'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 252 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very interesting.

francemanfrancemanabout 1 year ago

Really very good.

Very realistic feelings. Infidelity does not only include sex: it includes respect, lies, betrayal, trust, questioning, priority, doubts,.............and above all don't come to me say that cheaters didn't want to hurt their partners.

This is absolutely bullshit.

You learn the difference between right/wrong, truth/lie, loyalty/betrayal....... when you're a kid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Let me clue you in, you did fail. You failed as a husband, as a father, and as a friend. The main character was conceited and selfish. No one every has 100% of anyone's love or affection. She should have been more honest, but the truth is he is the asshole. I know I would have been VERY happy to be shed of him in her place. Good riddence to him.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Look 3/5, you seem stuck in a mindset of telling your perception of reality stories with no sex.

I gave you 3/5 because as usual you wrote so well but took two points away because the story lacked colour and genuine interest. You know this is is a sex story site, so please start telling stories with a bit of interest in them.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 1 year ago

I think we need to stop putting the expression "I love you more than life itself' into the mouths of cheaters. It's just patently absurd, even to the cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another great story from JustWords. No over the top bullshit, just a very believable husband with a delusional wife. My only beef with this and so many other authors is use of

‘ I love you more than life itself’ as they cheat, lie whatever, but they never top themselves to prove it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Who got the townhouse in the will? Just curious......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One cold hard slap to the face, but two people felt it. -- 5☆

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story. On one hand, he got the ultimate revenge - his wife's lover is dead and he doesn't have any guilt attached to his death. He doesn't even know the man's name. On the other hand, he has or had a cheating wife that looked him in the face and lied to him for years. It would be a tossup between the lessor of two evils to chose between an unfaithful wife or one that just told you what she was doing. I assume that since the kids were in school, albeit college, that they were living at home when she started her affair and betrayal of ALL the family. Would he have divorced her while the kids were at home? So many questions, so few good answers. Well played. Thanks for the effort.

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 1 year ago

Very good. The only thing that you missed was checking phone records, since she received a call. He also should have taken pictures with his cell phone of the closet in the townhouse, and I would have recorded the conversations with her. Maybe the recordings wouldn't be usable in court, but I would need them for family and the kids. Maybe she had a 2nd phone that he didn't know about. Also, I disagree with the statement that he is saddened because his ex is suffering after the divorce. Hell - she caused it! He should be mad as hell about her having an affair for over 6 years! He should go to counseling - that and time will heal him, and finding a good woman. As far as Marie goes I hope she lives a very long and miserable life. Hopefully at family events - Marie sees him with another woman and sees he is happy without her, and knows that he wants NOTHING to do with her ever again - no communication at all unless it is absolutely required. Also, I wonder what would happen in the future with their kids when they decide to get married. That can lead to some interesting conversations - "So Mom, you want to give me advice on being married? What makes you an expert on how to maintain a healthy and happy marriage - considering you cheated on Dad for at least 6 years? If you're an "expert" on how to be a good wife, I'd rather start from scratch and make my own mistakes because you are a horrible role model." I'm surprised he didn't ask the kids to keep his and Marie's lives separate - i.e. don't share information, unless they want to be left out and only get "I'm fine. The weather is fine. Have a nice day."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

An honest tale 5 stars

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 1 year ago

There are some serious problems with the story at the beginning of it. The actions of the husband are so pathetically stupid It is no wonder that his wife cheated on him for 6 years.

.

The note says that she got a call and she had to go.

The 1st question is where did she get this call and what time? If her cell phone is left there on the counter then clearly he could check the cell phone.

If she got the call at work he could check with Her employer and they could check the phone records.

.

Then the husband says that he gets around to checking herself from media after 2 weeks of her missing. Is the husband mentally retarded? That's the 1st thing you should Be checking.

.

Early in the story he decides not to tell his grown children who are now adults the full details of what their mother has done. WHY?

114FSO114FSOabout 1 year ago

Good story line. Fairly close to real live. The unsuspecting spouse is the last to know. From experience, the wife finds it easier to cheat, and compartmentalize relationships. I honestly believe most men are not built that way, where women do find it easier to put things into boxes, and open them as needed.

He did the right thing, kick her to the curb, shut her out as she did for seven years, and let her suffer the consequences of her own actions and lies. Serves her right for lying with a smile.

Burn her to a crisp.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeffabout 1 year ago

It's a shame you abused the title of one of my favorite Hall & Oates songs for this real downer of a story.

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 year ago

One life ended and two lives ruined. Well defined characters, no suspension of disbelief required. Not a happy story, but sounds like a real one. Another stellar job, JW.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What can one say?

Never trust a smiling cat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Some people never forget and then learn to regret what they did.

HmmtwodogsHmmtwodogsabout 1 year ago

Good story, not too extreme and believable. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

If she accepted the call, was it really impossible to trace where it was made from? And if her husband didn't believe her that she was dating her lover more than a few nights a year, then how did she manage to hide from her husband three or four-hour round trips? This is at least six hours just for the road, not counting time for spending time together (restaurants, dancing) and carnal pleasures. It can be assumed that the lover came to her city, but then it does not make sense to have duplicates of evening dresses in the lover's apartment, which indicate the frequent and stormy nightlife of the sweet couple in the lover's city. So how did she manage to slip away from her husband quite often for at least 9-10 hours for six years? If she went to her lover only when her husband was leaving town, then she could well take clothes from home and return dresses and shoes back to the closet by his arrival. There are a lot of incomprehensible things...

skruff101skruff101about 1 year ago

Painful but honest description of betrayal and it’s aftermath. We’d all like revenge but it rarely happens in real life you end up feeling as the last line of the authors note says…like you failed.

jazzharpjazzharpabout 1 year ago

Ouch! Very good, well written.

remb95remb95about 1 year ago

A lot of answers not available a tale that is captivating just the saame

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

My wife set up home with her lover, sneaking clothes out but leaving plenty so I didn’t notice. She later bragged about that fact.

servant111servant111about 1 year ago

Very well done.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This does not feel at all like a story written by Just_Words. It is well constructed and interesting, but has a dark and pessimistic tenor I have never before known him to adopt. I know I should be pleased to see him exploring new perspectives and increasing his range as an author. Unfortunately, I am not that selfless. Just_Words, please listen to Billy Joel sing "Just the Way You Are" as though it's the first time you've ever heard it. Familiarity is a pleasant and reassuring attribute of many things in life we treasure, including favorite authors. Thanks for being you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

How can a woman do this to a man and then expect her to be taken back as if nothing had happened ???? I hate her and she deserves all the bad things that happened to her for the rest of her life For FKS sake ladies use your BRAIN Not you Twat to think with

IcarusascendingIcarusascendingabout 1 year ago

I liked it a lot but it felt somewhat rushed in spots. Too much exposition in some spots, and not enough in others. Overall, good story with a balanced theme.

gemeistergemeisterabout 1 year ago

A good alternative ending would be for her to inherit the lover's estate and then have to split it with the husband in the divorce. Ah ha!

012Say012Sayabout 1 year ago

Excellent! I’ll have to check back to see comments. For I suspect obvious reasons so many understand the hurt and need to see revenge. As you say, not what happens. A 5 as always.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 1 year ago

It was a good idea for a story, but the ending was weak and left too many unanswered questions.

Instead of narrating everything after dropping Marie off at the hospital, you could have fleshed this out with several interesting scenes. The husband telling the kids in person, and him discussing a divorce with them. Marie coming home and begging him to forgive her. The wife's shock when he serves her divorce papers. Marie trying to excuse the affair and convince him to drop the divorce.

-

Then there was the divorce itself, and the aftermath. The best way to end this would've been Marie living like a nun trying to win him back, while the husband dates a bunch of women to get over her. Eventually he finds someone at least a decade younger than Marie, leaving the ex-wife bitter and lonely, having lost both men in her life.

RanDog025RanDog025about 1 year ago

Good story! I wouldn't have taken her back either. 5 BIG ONES!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story, though I would have liked to hear that he got half the AP’s shit in the divorce as a means of feeling some closure for him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

thanks for sharing!

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 1 year ago

What a tragic failure of a marriage.

I can feel for the guy, or it happened to the wife -- I could feel the pain of betrayal.

It would take years to forgive such kind of betrayal.

Nice job, really well-written.

Thanks Just_Words.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thought about this for a bit and can see where this story might be completely realistic. I feel like a lot of people, maybe even the majority - male or female, could react in much the same way. I have to admit, even though I do like some carnage, I won’t let the lack of it be a detractor.

Great story!

mattenwmattenwabout 1 year ago

That may be how you feel when your spouse is cheating on you. But that only applies to you and nobody else. Everyone feels differently and, above all, reacts differently. And the statement "you can no longer take revenge on a dead person" is completely wrong. Of course you can destroy his memory. He doesn't feel it himself anymore, but those he loved can also suffer a lot!

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 1 year ago

A sobering tragedy. Well penned. Thank you.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

Well written heart breaking story.

demanderdemanderabout 1 year ago

This guy should at least have been curious about what happened. I am. D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well, that was different. Thanks for the emotional roller coaster. You brought the MC’s thoughts and feelings to life. The wife remained a mystery, but I think that was the point. Very well written, with a couple of minor errors. I’m not sure where “plutonic” came from, but the word you intended is “platonic.” And it should have been “owe” in “Okay, I think at least you own me a look at his place. I want you to take me to where you've been staying.” Thanks for sharing your talents here. You’re one of the authors whose work never fails to entertain.

jflindersjflindersabout 1 year ago

My problem with this story is that the way the note is written, the police wouldn't be opening a missing person investigation and the husband and anyone he read the note to should have figured that what was really happening was the most likely scenario, which makes all this thoughts and police dealings illogical.

His inability to work for two weeks after finding that note with the assurances that came with it but refusal to give any details strained belief as well.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownabout 1 year ago

Two years after the divorce and he can't go out a lay some pipe? Excluding RAAC this guy is about as wimpy as they come. And why even forgive the betrayal? Forgiveness (in these circumstances) is futile and counter productive to ones own psyche.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitabout 1 year ago

You make a very interesting point...there was no easy way to heal from that kind of betrayal and the years of deception would cement the end of trusting her. Feeling pity for her feels off...that kind of betrayal leads to hatred and eventually imdifference but never pity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Let us just hope the death was extremely painful. I’d like to think that he had suffered for a long time before death. Sadly the bitch didn’t suffer any real consequences! Preferably a slow terminal illness herself!

I guess I’m not the forgiving type.

miket0422miket0422about 1 year ago

Understandable that the MC doesn't need to know anymore in order to file for divorce.

One glaring hole fore as a reader. Her love lives 200 miles away. When driving at normal speeds it's roughly a 4 hour drive each way. So, 8 hours of drive time plus how ever many days she spent with him each time they were together. With the 7 years the affair has been going on the kids were likely still living at home when it began. They might have been able to look after themselves while she was gone if MC wasn't around for some reason. Still, how were her absences explained to where neither kids, MC or anyone else got suspicious for that length of time?

Even though he was still going to divorce her if MC had a conversation to allow her to say what she wanted to say and answer his questions maybe he gets enough closure that two years later he's not still a hermit who can't move on with his life.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 1 year ago

Thank you. I enjoyed the story. My pedantic brain says that, if she had received a call from her lover, it would have been on her phone and that call could have been traced. But anyway... what would I have done, is probably what many men will be asking. Probably not much different to what he did. Definitely have divorced her. No coming back from 6 years of betrayal. Oh, how was she able to stay in the family home? It would have been sold and value split, not kept for kids to stay in if they visited.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Once he realizes that he never failed her, he'll move on. It may take months or years. A lot of mumbo jumbo psychology tries very hard to evenly distribute blame. But that's a fantasy. The real world is messier than that. He loved and trusted someone. She relied on that love and trust to deceive and manipulate. She's not evil incarnate, but she is a greedy coward. A nobody. A toxic ex. It'll take a while for him to realize that cheating and lying to a spouse is just abuse. He may feel like a victim for a while. Hopefully those that are used like him will realize they are not victims. They are precious people that love and trust in a cynical world. A lot of men and women would sell a kidney to date someone like that. Some people, like the ex wife, take advantage of that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Goodbye my love goodbye.

KaeyoKaeyoabout 1 year ago

You make it sound like what Marie did was the worst type of betrayal ever. You may be right, it was. She was completely selfish and delusional in thinking it had nothing to do with her marriage.

Once again another good and thought provoking story from you. 5*

jmmj5jmmj5about 1 year ago

That was excellent.

Painful, but excellent.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Honest and to the point. If it's true I'm sorry you had to go through it.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

Honest, raw, and painful. It was perfect. Others will want to know what the stupid bitch was thinking but it's not necessary. A person like that believes the bullshit. She compartmentalizes her two lives to avoid the guilt and shame. It's how all people who successfully maintain two lives or families manage to never appear any different. Charles Karault was a famous example of this. Mister America On The Road had two wives.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 1 year ago

Something new, thanks. He needs to move on soon. She should be alone having lost both lives at the same time, she doesn’t deserve a happy ending. James deserves to find a better woman. They are out there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wife is weak. Wife betrays. Husband is angry. Divorce. Mild regret.

My god, how many times am I going to read this story? Why do I keep fooling myself and think one of you story-mill guys is going to be original. Ever??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

How did she manage to sneak off 200 miles away without her husband catching on? This is where the story falls apart. Otherwise a good idea and well written

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
Well done.

I was expecting a superbly written story from Just_Words and it was delivered. Just a thought, in these type of circumstances it is quite difficult to be objective, not to have "the feeling that somehow you have failed", but in most cases we can't be held responsible nor accountable for someone else's actions. When the time comes and we accept that fact, a huge part of the "healing" is done.

As I said another great work from this talented writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He just married the wrong woman

CDRLawCDRLawabout 1 year ago

Not bad. But it’s “platonic,” not “plutonic.”

Slick742Slick742about 1 year ago

Seemed so real. Felt great sorrow for him. But she had to believe that he would divorce her when the truth came out. The blue dress thing was too weird. Wish we knew what the kids, her workers and family said and did to her. But I know endings are tough. Thanks Sk742

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63about 1 year ago

Screw her. She carried on a 7 year affair and did not want a divorce? She was a class A bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. Well written and ended without leaving anthing unsaid. 5*****++

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

It was everything you prepared us for. I was really able to empathize with the MC, despite the short story. Well done! 5*

leofric35leofric35about 1 year ago

I liked it for its realism, especially your comment at the end. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

In a sense, it was a good story, but I've had enough of the cheating-wife stories. I don't know why you label them loving wives. We have enough trouble and sadness in the world without this kind of crqap. I like stories about REAL loving wives. Sure, maybe they are tempted. Who isn't? But, I like stories where the couple cares enough about each other to work through the problems.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 1 year ago

Husband made the wrong choice

ibuguseribuguserabout 1 year ago

Good work. 5* from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story.

PatricksonPatricksonabout 1 year ago

I liked this story enormously. Very well written, not a word wasted. Great premise, there are men all over the world (and more than a few women as well) who have encountered this in their lives. Thanks for taking the time to write this and share it with us.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 1 year ago

A different and powerful story. Great job. 5 stars

luverlybubblyluverlybubblyabout 1 year ago

sad story about a stupid selfish woman

CriosCriosabout 1 year ago

Great story!

One nit: Literotica authors seem to have a problem knowing the difference between “plutonic” and “platonic.”

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

I know it's common in fiction in general, as well in LW, but IRL, there is NO waiting period to report a missing person.

\

"plutonic" - PLATONIC! A simple spell-check should catch that.

\

"I suppose I could ask, but what would be the point?" - Correct, she'd just come up with more Cheaters' Handbook rationalizations.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You are wrong! Retribution of ANY type will help the pain. The MC did ALL the suffering in this story. She was just a slut who loved her lover more than ner husband and deserves twice the pain he suffered. Whether he makes it emotional or physical pain, drives her insane, or does sell her to a Mexican whore house, she DESERVES pain like no other. Yes, his pain will be too fresh for a long time, then turn to numbness. When that happens, then he can serve up his revenge, as cold as the ice that has formed in his soul.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year agoAuthor

I rewrite, I proof, I edit, and still I find a typo!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A well written journey down a path which leads nowhere. Hearts ache, minds cover the hurts with scabs, but the wounds stay festering beneath the scars. All the writers' workshop checkpoint are covered quite well, the story develops at a steady pace in stages to be expected, and the personalities are fleshed out enough to render the characters' behavior believable.

Well done. More please.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good read. I like how the MC didn't wallow in the misery for weeks. Extra points for writing a realistic story.

RandallQRandallQabout 1 year ago

Perfect! As you say, no fancy gadgets or other contrived plot devices. Just real human tragedy that connects with reality. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So right. Just pain and doubt.

Please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

bit wimpy, but I suppose it is possible to care for someone enuff to make to make oneself a miserable wreck.

The tale is not my cup of tea, just skimed over the hi lites

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Tragic but very real! Well written and moving.

SkubabillSkubabillabout 1 year ago

Great, but sad. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That's rough. I think I would have gone home and burned or donated all of her clothes and everything she felt close to. I would have also dragged her name through the mud. The fucking whore had cheated for years and why wouldn't you tell your grown up kids what a slut their mother was?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

excellent story. well crafted and suspenseful.

Regguy69Regguy69about 1 year ago

Well done. You did a great job of capturing his bewilderment and then his heartbreak. To do what she did to a person she'd been with for at least two decades and then profess to still love him is completely delusional.

imhaplessimhaplessabout 1 year ago

Original -- I like original. 5* (P S I trust that the MC checked her phone records on her cell and land line, if any, and office to see who made the call that sent her off).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It's a shame he couldn't have done something to the whore's master, then slowly and very painfully give her what she should get...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent. Well written and realistic. No winners, only losers.

pepepilotpepepilotabout 1 year ago

The sad lonely reality of a broken marriage. You can BTB or RAC, but in the end, this is all there is. Don't ask me how I know.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 1 year ago

I hated this because your MC, your hapless husband was a mass of anger, fury and self pity.

No wonder she had an affair, he’s a man child. A baby and who figured the world owed him a living.

All was right in his world because everything was going his way. It’s easy to be happy when you’re the MC, when everyone exists to serve you.

But the true measure of a man isn’t in his actions while life is good, it’s how he behaves when times are tough.

And in this, he revealed his true nature: selfish, antagonizing, intransigent, obtuse, a whiny little bitch. And honestly, she is well rid of him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Outstanding.

gentle_touch4ugentle_touch4uabout 1 year ago

Great story. Thank you for sharing.

PierremanvisPierremanvisabout 1 year ago

Powerful read. Well written and clever plot

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I liked that he didn’t lie to his kids, in-laws, or friends about the reason for the divorce. I also liked that he totally understood that he couldn’t reconcile with the woman. Not only had she cheated for several years, but she had no remorse — and she stayed with the guy another 2 weeks until he died. THAT was confirmation about who was first in her heart and life — QED.

.

Would have liked a bit more on how his kids and her parents dealt with the mess — but that’s a nit. Loved the bit about him never bothering to learn who her lover was…although I suspect her parents knew full well who he was. I guess, if I were him, I would be curious to know if his kids knew anything.

.

Thanks for a powerful short story.

.

5 *****

Karn9Karn9about 1 year ago

Great sad story! To the point and no extra unreal items to include in the process. One would say this is a true story. Such heartbreaking and raw emotions in the telling of the story. 💔 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Exactly the way to handle the bitch. He owes her nothing.

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 year ago
It

Feels unfinshed I do like your work and hope you continue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Don't think for a moment she's not out fucking somebody else. That's what delusional sluts do and she clearly falls into that category. Sad it took him so many years to find out about her betrayal but getting away from her was his best option.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...