Sholan Alliance Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers

"I can't guarantee that Vangie but will do my best." He didn't say his best at not giving them headaches. He was still a bit annoyed with the backwater treatment they had given him at the beginning. Eventually they made it to the tutor's office and he waved at them as he and Satasha walked in. "Good morning Sir. I think I am here to learn how to shield."

The Sholan waved the two of them over to some comfortable chairs. "Turn off the damper and we will get started."

Billy did that and by the time they were done he had the basics down. He had been taking notes on a VR screen which got him a strange look.

Satasha sort of grinned. "Don't ask unless you want a headache. Yilly thinks and occasionally speaks in math so far above me I just sort of nod and let him talk." She shook her head since once in a blue moon she almost felt like an idiot next to him.

He raised his eyebrows. "Well when you have your shielding down I would like to see what you did with the notes."

Billy nodded as he made a few more notations and saved them. "Thank you for the start on the training and your help but I need to get going since I have an appointment. I am probably going to give your Design Engineers more headaches today."

The rest of the day went much like the day before with the exception that they didn't treat him as an idiot. There was a definite sense of they were going to be careful with him and not give him any more information than needed. By the end of the day he had covered several more screens and all four were frowning. "Sorry if I gave you another headache but I am not sure how not to do that. This is simply how my brain works."

Once he was back in the suite he flopped in a chair and sort of stretched and yawned. "Vangie I am sorry but I gave most of them another headache. I have a feeling that they reviewed my work last night and came to the conclusion that I actually know what I am talking about."

Satasha came out of the bedroom. "Don't forget you are having dinner with Z'Marl this evening and you should dress up a bit." She had purchased a few things for him to wear though he was going to feel a bit silly since they were Sholan cloths.

He grumbled at her and walked into their room and stared at the clothing. "What the heck is that? Why are you putting me into a tabard and an over robe? I am going to look utterly silly meeting her dressed like that."

Satasha laughed at him. "I am sure you will look very nice in them. You really don't have any dressy clothing so I figured you could wear some of ours." He was still grumbling as he stripped down though he left his under wear on. She helped him with the tabard which hung down to about his knees. The over robe was a bit longer and covered the open sides of the tabard. She worked his hair into a tidy braid and finished it off with a silver looking ponytail holder. "You look wonderful Yilly."

He looked in the mirror and shook his head. "I feel really silly with my legs showing. The colors are nice and the purple trimming sort of stands out." He moved around and decided that he wasn't going to show too much skin as long as he was careful. Billy walked into the living area and both Vangie and Sally smiled.

"You look good Pappa. Different but good, the colors look good on you and I hope you have an enjoyable evening." Her smile widened and he grumbled at her and she simply leaned against Vangie. "See you later this evening or tomorrow morning."

Vangie spoke. "Oh, Satasha you can escort him around as well. This evening if he does choose to go to her quarters he will have to call for a warrior since only the two of us are allowed to escort him. Either that or you stay sort of close to them and escort them around as needed."

Satasha nodded. "I think I can handle that. It does make it more flexible for all of us if I can escort them around." She led Billy out of the rooms and tucked her arm around his and they slowly walked down to the rec level. By the time they arrived Z'Marl was already seated and there were three seats at the table.

"Good evening to both of you. Vangie contacted me and let me know that Satasha needs to stay close so you have your escort to keep all of your admirers away from you." She grinned at him when she said that and he almost choked.

"God you Sholans might be the death of me." He rolled his eyes as he settled down in the chair next to Z'Marl as Satasha took the seat across from them. Billy was feeling really odd at the moment. His companion was sitting with them. There was a sort of expectation of sex later in the evening and heaven only knew what else. Since she looked like she had dressed up he gave her a warm smile. "You look very nice this evening."

She lowered her ears a bit and gave him a shy smile. "Thank you and you look really nice as well." She tilted her head as she looked at him. "You have purple on. Does that mean you are a telepath?" They hadn't met any other telepathic species in their travels.

"I guess I could be a telepath but I am just starting to learn about my abilities. Satasha thinks I have an affinity for engines and electronics which might be possible." He grinned at her. "Just don't ask to see my work. It seems to give everyone headaches."

Z'Marl raised an eyebrow at him and then glanced at Satasha who nodded. "So why would it give others a headache?" That seemed rather odd to hear about. As she was talking drinks were delivered. "I hope you don't mind but I already placed the order and I hope you like the choices."

Billy shrugged. "Not really sure but every time I start explaining my theories and equations half the time they tell me to stop talking. The Design Board I have been talking to have been getting headaches as well." He casually shrugged again. "That is fine and since you are buying me dinner I can't complain. Is there somewhere to dance around here? I don't know how you dance but I used to be pretty good."

He took a sip of the wine and had to lift the glass and look at the color and then sniffed it and smiled. "Not sure what this is made of but it has a nice bouquet and a very interesting taste." He took another sip and then put the glass down. Since their chairs were close he leaned over and lightly rubbed his cheek with hers. "I really don't know what might happen tonight but thank you for offering me dinner. I am pleased and honored that you would even consider it."

When he did that he smiled and could feel a sense of amusement from Satasha and he mentally growled at her. "Satasha how old is she? If she is younger than Sally I am not going to be pleased." That was asked in English. "Sorry Z'Marl but some concepts I still have a problem phrasing in Sholan. So how long have you been working aboard the ship?"

Satasha simply smiled at him. "She is an adult and that is all that matters and I am not going to tell you her age. Simply relax and enjoy the meal and maybe some time with her." She replied in English as well. Satasha even went as far as to take a sip of her drink and pulled out what looked like an e-reader and ignored the two of them. *Kitty skin rug for my Captains quarters.* He sent to her.

She leaned close to him, or as close as the chairs would allow, and smiled. "Satasha told me not to answer certain question though I am not sure why." Z'Marl gave Satasha a questioning look and Billy had to roll his eyes. "I have been working as a server for several years. First on Shola and then aboard this ship and I enjoy it. I get to meet a number of fascinating people while I am serving them." She smiled a happy smile. "I even got to serve the Legien and Legiena of one of the sixteen telepathic clans. That was very enjoyable and they were very polite to me."

Billy had to smile at her enthusiasm and he could feel the enjoyment of the job she did. "I am glad you enjoy your work. I enjoy being the Captain of a small ship. Satasha described me as having travelling feet and a different Sholan asked me why I wasn't still designing ships and engines." He shrugged and grinned. "I enjoy both but thanks to that furry kitty across from us managed to kick start my brain and all sort of interesting things fell out."

Satasha snorted at him. "Yes and now you are having a great deal of fun giving us normal folks headaches." She looked up at Z'Marl and shook her head. "Don't bother as you will probably end up with a headache as well."

Billy snickered at her. "I haven't given everyone a headache. The tutor this morning seemed content with how I was doing with the basic shielding." He took another sip of the wine and had to appreciate it again. "This is an excellent vintage. I don't know if you have actually tried it but would you like a sip?"

She lowered her ears and gently took the glass from him and took a small sip. "It is very good. I think this is from the Valsgarth estate since they grow a variety of fruits for wines." Z'Marl returned it and tilted her head. "Even if it is way above my head I wouldn't mind seeing some of what you have designed." As she was talking she handed her glass to him and after taking a sip he handed it back.

"Fascinating taste, most of the wines we have are from a variety of a fruit we call grapes. There are some specialty wines that are made with different fruits but they tend to be more expensive." The salads were delivered and the server winked at them and he had to roll his eyes. "I can show you but if you end up with a headache it is on your shoulders."

Satasha growled at him. "I am going to put my earbuds in and ignore you two. Remember I don't want to hear any complaints from you Z'Marl." She stuck them in as Billy was pulling out his glasses.

Z'Marl pulled hers out and linked them together. "This is the equation I started with to re-crystallize the hyper tubes and..." He went on to describe how the equation worked and was startled when she started running her finger along the lines. She was also nodding as she was going along.

"Wow that is fascinating. You said you created this by yourself?" Z'Marl ran her fingers over the equations again and gave him an excited smile. "That is a very elegant equation you created. I would love to see more of your work later. Right now the salad is calling my name."

Satasha looked up at Z'Marl and gave her a hard look. "How much of that did you really understand? Were you just nodding at all the right times like I tend to do?" She had a feeling the answer was going to upset her.

Z'Marl twitched her ears at Satasha and grinned. "Some of it was above me but Yilly did an excellent job of explaining it. It was simply fascinating and I would love to see more of it." She leaned over and rubbed Billy's cheek with hers. "Smart people are so attractive and fun to talk to."

Satasha glared at the two of them and then covered her face. "Vartra's bones I am not sure I can handle a meal of geek speak flirting. As Vangie said my poor widdle brain might just melt down." She was peaking between her fingers and both were snickering at her.

Billy snickered at her. "I seem to remember your brain having a meltdown this morning and it didn't have anything to do with geek speak." He sent her a few images from that morning before turning to the salad and started munching. It was a different type than last night and one bite managed to make his mouth pucker. "Okay, something in here has serious pucker power."

Satasha growled at him as he teased her and then sent her the imagines. "Yilly you are going to so get it later..." She sent him an image of a human skin rug in her living quarters in revenge.

"But I am not furry Tasha so it just wouldn't be the same." He said to her and grinned at Z'Marl. "Just trading jokes with Tasha. I am still getting used to talk to her with my mind and send images. I will try not to do that again since it is impolite." He lightly licked her muzzle and went back to eating.

As the meal progressed Billy was becoming fairly impressed with Z'Marl since she was very smart and it showed in little ways. It might be a simple turn of words, a nod if he slipped and mentioned and equations, and what seemed to be a vast knowledge of her world. He loved Satasha and was going to bond with her when possible but Z'Marl fascinated him since she was obviously far more intelligent than she came across as when she was serving last night. Satasha joined in occasionally as well and all told it was an enjoyable evening.

Once they had finished eating all three stood up and Z'Marl smiled. "The dancing club I normally prefer is this way." She started down the concourse.

Billy took Satasha's hand and gave it a squeeze before giving her a good kiss. He also offered his arm to Z'Marl and they started walking. Eventually he ended up with his arm around Satasha since he wanted to ensure that she knew he loved her and didn't get jealous of him and Z'Marl talking shop. When they did reach the dance area he had to smile at the looks they were getting. "I might be able to get used to having a lovely lady on each side of me. We are getting some serious stares aren't we?"

Satasha appreciated his gesture though he didn't really need to. They were companions and both wanted a bonding contract. She could feel his love for her and it was a small warm glow in her mind and made her want to melt. Satasha could also feel his curiosity about Z'Marl and how smart she actually was. There was a faint concern that she was a plant to see if he was really telling them about his equations.

"We are Yilly and you are such a flirt. I might have to set up appointments to share you with the other women who find you interesting." She grinned when he blushed. "Believe me Yilly I have had a number of questions about you and what you are like. The majority is females but there were one or two males that were interested as well." She knew he didn't swing that way but had to tease him.

His face froze for a moment and then he growled at her. "I don't think so unless you get a good return on my evenings and I want half of what you make." Billy listened to Z'Marl almost choke as she was trying not to laugh and he grinned at her. "Well if she is going to pimp me out I want a portion of what she is making."

Z'Marl started laughing at the two of them. "God both of you are made for each other. I knew Satasha had a semi-warped sense of humor but I didn't know it was that bad." She was giggling as they walked into the club and just for good measure ran her tail up his leg and just under his tabard.

Billy almost glowered at her. "Excuse me that is my leg for the moment and no tickling it with your tail." The music was reasonably mellow but it had a nice beat to it. What the band or group who made it was really singing about he had no clue but it didn't matter. Billy turned towards Z'Marl and rested his hands on her waist and started dancing with her. Behind him he could feel Satasha dancing close and he started blushing.

They danced for a while and by the time they were done he was feeling relaxed though a bit sweaty. "Man I need to sit down and have a long tall cool drink." Satasha was panting a bit as well and Z'Marl was looking quite pleased.

"Well if you would like to come to my cabin and relax and talk for a while I would enjoy that. I understand what you were saying about cultural differences and will respect that." She nuzzled his cheek and leaned against him. "I have to admit I am a bit tired as well."

Billy contemplated that as they slowly walked down the concourse and finally nodded. "That sounds very enjoyable. I have gotten to know my companion and some about her family. The male who is sort of seeing my daughter I have talked to as well and he seems like a good male. I would love to spend some time getting to know you." He smiled at Satasha and gave her a kiss. "A very pretty lady told me I have wandering feet and getting to know people on our colony worlds is something I greatly enjoy."

Satasha returned the kiss and then snickered. "I can see where Sally got her urges for her degree though in her case the traveling would be to learn about the planets. She would settle in one place for a year or two before moving on. I have to wonder if your youngest girl got your curiosity as well."

He shook his head. "No, she got my brains but is seeing a nice young man at her college. Both are looking to go into medicine and then assuming they still feel the same settle down and produce a number of grandchildren for me."

Z'Marl gave him an evaluating look. "How old are your children?" From the sounds of it they were mostly grown. He might be older than he looked not that it bothered her.

Billy frowned slightly. "Sholans and human's age and mature differently so trying to give their ages in the Sholan equivalent is difficult. Sally would be about 20 or 21 in Sholan estimates and Danielle would be a bit over 15. Mind you she doesn't want kids till after she has her degree so she would be 23 or so at that point."

Z'Marl contemplated that and shook her head. "I can understand the trouble matching age equivalencies but your youngest sounds simply too young to be contemplating having a baby." It sounded so odd based on what he said.

Satasha sort of shrugged. "We just mature differently and I doubt Yilly wants to get into any psycho-sexual differences right now. He is probably itching to pull his equations out and see if you get a headache." She lightly poked him in the ribs. "No getting out of fun that way. You can just say no if you want."

He laughed at her and changed the subject as they slowly walked towards Z'Marl's quarters. Eventually they reached them and he gave Satasha a good kiss and just for good measure gave one ear a good lick. When she said 'Gah' and then 'human germs' he snickered and walked into the room with Z'Marl. It wasn't nearly as large as the rooms they were staying in but they were nicely decorated and he had to appreciate some of the paintings on the wall.

She took her over robe off and got two drinks from the dispenser and settled down on the couch. "That is a painting done by one of my relatives and shows the Vegan mountain range after a rain storm. I love looking at it as well since it reminds me of home."

Billy finally moved over to the couch and curled up next to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. He let out a contented sigh as they both looked at the painting. "Makes me think of the Smokey Mountains near where I live. The fog will come down and you can barely see the mountain tops. It is almost like they are in a fantasy land and only show at certain times."

When he wrapped an arm around her she leaned into him and rested her head on his shoulder. "Ours look like that at times as well. I will sit in back of the house with a jacket on and a hot cup of c'shar. I will stare at the mountains and imagine what that other world looks like." She relaxed even further against him and closed her eyes and relaxed.

Billy had to smile since she seemed content to just sit there and relax. It actually felt nice to get away from everyone and sort of in his own way have some him time. Looking back from the moment Satasha had crashed they seemed to have been thrown together. Add Sandi, Jenna, and Sally he really hadn't had much alone time. That was one thing he loved about owning his own ship. Between worlds he had time to think and relax.

"Thank you for inviting me out for dinner. I greatly enjoyed it and the dancing. Since Tasha crash landed I haven't had much time to just get out and relax. I had been working on my ship for a good month and a half before that and another two months or so after she landed." He rested his head on the top of hers and closed his eyes and enjoyed the warmth and the soft fur. "I hate to sound bad but did you really understand the equations?"

Z'Marl lightly rubbed her head against his shoulder as he spoke. "That sounds like a grueling few months and I don't blame you for needing to blow off some steam." When he asked her if she had really understood him she nodded. "I don't like to show how smart I am. It tended to get me stared at in school so I sort of hid it."

maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers