All Comments on 'Shrinking Violet'

by Spencerfiction

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
1 star

Wow you need an editor bad. The story totaly sucked.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Total waste

Predictable, boring, over the top.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
my

what a waste of ink.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Really...

Well written, but no emotions, a story with people do bad things and feel no guilt...

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 9 years ago
What!!?

"Well written, but no emotions, a story with people do bad things and feel no guilt." That is almost the definition of poorly written!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
How could I write this story to long term revenge story?

Interesting story. Jim MUST NOT remarry her! I think the true story remained in the Author's brain. How does he think the future life of this family. This man is a very good Dad candidate for single woman who hunt for good father-husband candidates.

If they did not remarry and August became older he could find such younger wife candidate..........The true romantic revenge.

Duna

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 9 years ago
I liked it

Readers should have seen what was going to happen to this stupid woman. An example of the 'look-at-me' celebrity culture for people who cannot think for themselves.

A couple of comments on Vi's speech. Again ought to be aggin. Meself is mesel' or mesenn and A Hairdresser is, of course, an 'airdresser.

Concritic123Concritic123over 9 years ago
Good, different but good.....

Interesting to say the least.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What a piece of garbage!!

1. Please learn to write.

2. Get rid of the numbers.

3. Learn punctuation!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very difficult challenge . . .

Trying to write spoken slang. Since there is no accepted spellin' for slang, the reader has to be familiar with the slang to 'stand what your characters are sayn'. Appreciate your effort, but trying to decipher the slang makes reading and enjoying the story very difficult. Also, you could write the sequel where Rosie and Jim finally hookup and start their own family, but I think that's understood. Several options what to do with Vi, but does anyone really care about that stupid selfish cow? Probably not a slut, since she slept with Darren just once, and probably had plenty of offers while touring. I would choose Vi becoming housekeeper/nanny with Rosie becoming wife, but I'm a softie. Thanks for the effort.

sinsational83sinsational83over 9 years ago
Oh well

All I can say is that this story, wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be when I started reading it. but all-in-all it really wasn't a bad story. A bit hard to try and figure out some of what I'm sure was suppose to be an attempt at using some sort of slang words. but as I said not to bad of a story.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WHEN ONE STEPS OUT OF HIS SKIN

they better have xtra training and mind control. TK U MLJ LV NV

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 9 years ago
I is confused...

If her folks are sending her money so she can live in a small flat which would leave "her on her own"... why would Jim let her move back in...?

I'd like to say why would he let her move in AT ALL but am guessing he did it for his daughter.

And if Rosie really likes Jim and August why would she not come round all the time like she used to just because her skank of a sister lived there too...? Like Rosie should give a rat's ass what does or does not make Vi happy...?

Incidentally, I assume a "decree nisi" is the "OK, you're no longer married" paperwork...?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
You're right

It was boring. Found myself skipping through it. But you warned us, so my bad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
GREAT STORY, SUBTLE ENDING

Am I the only one who got the end? Rosie doesn't come around right now and Darren guy got drugs planted on him in Thailand by: "blond tart @rosiegee with nice arse, she planted drugs in my bag."

aptonthe503aptonthe503about 9 years ago
Huge Language Barrier

For me. Don't do the ebonics well. Liked the style of the story, but it ended rather softly, without any real resolution.

Thanks for the read.

Eroticafan8000Eroticafan8000about 9 years ago
Sucked.

Yeah, it sucked big time. Well, I mean most of was okay but the REVENGE... you know, the category this story is in, just sucked. To hell with her and her bastard child. Where'd you get your ideas from, Matt Moreau??? Because that fucker knows nothing of revenge. He always screws over the men and makes the women and their lovers the winners in his stories. And then, just when it can't get worse, he makes the victimized men reconcile in the most lamest and wimpiest ways with their ex-spouses to that of a fucked up friendship. No man in real does that crap. We'd rather die than be a part of something that brought us so much pain. Write better next time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

unreadable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
nice try

Interesting twist on storytelling. Characters speaking in the vernacular was a nice touch. It's wurkin' class, innit?

Nice exercise, though wouldn't say it worked 100%, but as a first try, it was pretty good.

Keep at it, expand your conceptual continuity! (borrowed from the late great Frank Zappa)

Cheers,

Robert

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

another faggoty brit cuck.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 6 years ago
Different

Good different. Really good dialect, nobody's a superman. As to taking her back? As I read it he was helping her, not necessarily taking her back. This is consistent with his generosity.

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nuffink to see here

The author’s initial impression was right. This story format is boring.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Speak English

Silly atory, made even sillier by dialog. No resolution at end.

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
Speaking english

British dialogue is a little difficult but can follow. Premise of the story is an interesting one. Story just didn't sell it well. Really seems to make humorous story but does not follow through that way. A redo committing to serious or humorous could make a really good story.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Cuck???

Since hubby actually divorced the cheating slut; does this make him a cuck for allowing her to return home??!! I personally wouldn't want her anywhere near me; especially with a bastard child!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
46. Anon to all

Who the fuck gives one about this crap

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Crap

Absolutely dreadful, hard to read and drivel. You normally write very well but this was shite.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The dialect

is interesting, and the format is a different way to tell a story, but allowing the adulterous, pregnant sow to move back in? I can't ever see that happening, even as a roommate.

racfguyracfguyalmost 4 years ago

One of the worst stories I've ever read.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

I think some of the comments are from people who did not appreciate what you were trying to do. It was an interesting experiment. However, a more traditional story telling might flow more easily.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not a fan. This is in the revenge section and there was none. Basically it’s a break up and he takes her back. Also feels unfinished.

Ridiculous69Ridiculous696 months ago

A swing and a miss. Too lame and weak to even get any traction. Your wife character is just a selfish shrew and slut. You make hubby weak, stupid and just spineless. Awful and ridiculous

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSpencerfiction@Spencerfiction
979 Followers
An old printer, typesetter, proofreader, local politician and activist. I write for pleasure only, an untrained writer too set in his ways to change or learn. I have courted and been wedded to the same impossible angel for over four decades, so I am an unremitted romantic. If ...