Sigrid's Dilemma Pt. 03

Story Info
Sigrid's dilemma continues.
14.9k words
4.37
3.5k
12

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 04/04/2024
Created 02/22/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: Thank you for all the feedback I've received regarding Sigrid and the dilemma she is facing in her life. I'm looking forward to continuing her story here.

This story is set in the fictional country of Nordland, a small island nation in the North Sea between the UK, Norway, and Denmark.

Please note that this story is a work of fiction. All characters, events, and places described in this narrative are products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

All comments and feedback are welcome.

HF

------

The sun was setting over the New York skyline as Sigrid stepped out of the taxi and stood in front of the modest apartment building in Chelsea. The street was still filled with a mix of people coming home from work, young families with children and shoppers heading home for the evening with their purchases. The young Nordic woman glanced at her phone to confirm the address that Marcus had given her: 123 West 23rd Street, Apartment 4B. Steeling herself, she made her way towards the front door of the apartment building and the intercom system next to it.

She pressed 4B and waited a moment. Marcus's voice came through the small speaker. "Hello?"

"Hi, Marcus...it's Sigrid," she replied in English. "Sigi, come on up" she heard him say, she could almost hear his smile in his words. The door buzzed and she pushed it open. Making her way up the staircase she noted that it was an older, but still well-maintained building. Despite them having several long and in-depth conversations since they had first met, she idly wondered what Marcus's life was like in reality; she was now about to find out. I guess I should have asked him more questions instead of fucking him, she thought wryly to herself as she ascended the stairs.

Inside his apartment Marcus did one final sweep to ensure everything was tidy in preparation for his dinner with Sigrid. The handsome African-American man enjoyed entertaining guests and friends in his apartment, but it had been some time since he'd invited a date over for dinner. A date, was that what Sigrid was, he thought to himself?

Making his way back to the kitchen to check on the food for dinner, an arugula salad for starters with sea-bass fillets for main course, he reflected on what his relationship with Sigrid really was. Was it just casual friends, perhaps friends with benefits? Or was it more? Deep in his heart, he wanted it to be more; he'd sensed an undeniable connection with the attractive Nordic flight attendant. The two times that they had been together had been incredible. Not just from the sex part, although that had been mind-blowing, but also from the way that she had opened up to him about the challenges and dilemmas in her life.

The reality of the situation was not lost on Marcus; Sigrid was from another country, married to another man, with both wanting to start a family. All of this added up to problems for Marcus. While part of him told him to walk away from this whole situation, part of him wanted it to continue. He wanted to spend time with Sigrid, learn more about what made her laugh, what made her cry, what were her hopes, fears, and worries.

As he gazed at his choice of wines, looking for a suitable one for the evening, Marcus had to shake his head in amazement at how he'd met her. A chance discussion on a flight had led to a series of sexual encounters that had culminated in her now making her way to his apartment for dinner. Was this going to be it, he wondered? After their second encounter in her hotel room, he had wondered whether she would contact him again. There was always the thought in the back of his mind that she would ghost him, delete his name from her phone, erase his memory from her thoughts and move on with her life. He hoped that this wasn't going to be the case.

He selected a lovely Sauvignon Blanc from the Marlborough region of New Zealand to go with the dinner. As he held the bottle in his hand, he continued to ponder if tonight was going to be the end of their affair. It seemed that fate had been kind to him so far and he'd been pleasantly surprised when she'd reached out to tell him she'd been put on a New York run at short notice and asked if he wanted to catch up. He'd readily agreed and offered to make dinner for them. Marcus has cleared his diary for that afternoon to clean and tidy his apartment and prepare them a lovely meal. A last supper, perhaps, he mused?

Outside his front door, Sigrid paused and took a deep breath as she ran her fingers through her brown hair one last time and adjusted her dress. She'd opted for one of her favorite dresses, a knee-length blue wrap dress with matching fabric belt from Diane von Furstenberg. Under her dress, she'd donned a light blue balconette bra from La Perla with matching thong panties while on her feet were a pair of Sam Edelman nude patent leather pumps. She'd debated whether to wear something sexy on her legs, like a pair of thigh-high stockings, but had finally opted to go bare legged as it was a lovely summer's night in New York.

When she'd messaged Marcus a day earlier while at the beach with her husband, Magnus, she wondered if she was making the right decision. Things were improving with Magnus; she had visited her doctor to talk about going off the pill and starting to try for a family. She was only weeks away from changing her role from a flight attendant to a managerial position. And yet, here she was, about to meet up with Marcus again. During the flight from Nordhaven to New York earlier that day, she'd struggled to think of what to say to the African-American man. Did she want to break up, call it all off? Part of her did, but another part of her wanted to continue to experience the freedom, the joy, the fun she found when she was with him.

She knew she couldn't delay the inevitable any longer and she knocked on the door.

A moment later it opened to reveal Marcus standing there. The tall black African was dressed in a smart, but casual white button-down shirt with a pair of slim-fitting brown trousers that hugged his toned legs. On his feet were a pair of casual loafers and Sigrid could smell the inviting fragrance of his cologne. His face broke into a warm smile. "Sigi!"

She returned his smile. "Hi Marcus."

He reached out and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a cozy embrace. His kiss on her lips was perfect; not too long, not too short, just a gentle, friendly reminder that they had enjoyed each other's bodies several times before. He pulled back from the kiss and looked at her. "Wow, you look great!" he exclaimed taking in the sight before him from her long, brown hair, her sparkling blue eyes, creamy white skin, and soft curves. She was certainly someone who took pride in her appearance, but Marcus knew that there was a lot more to her than just her body; behind those caring, blue eyes, he knew lurked a prodigious intellect and vivacious personality.

Sigrid could feel the blush rising in her cheeks. "Thanks, Marcus. You're looking pretty good yourself," she replied with a little smile. He looks so good tonight, she said to herself. He opened the door wider and motioned for her to enter his apartment. Stepping inside, Sigrid made her way down the hall towards the living room as he closed the door behind her.

At first glance, Sigrid noted that the apartment was neat and tidy but clearly had the feeling of being a man's apartment with a big television, some vintage movie posters, and other sports items on the shelves. She felt an unexpected flutter in her stomach at the realization that there were no feminine touches in the apartment, confirming in her mind that no woman lived here with him.

She turned to face him. "Nice place you have here," she said with a smile as she took in the photos of a Marcus that adorned the walls. She saw one that caught her attention; it was of a much younger Marcus on his graduation day from university, his parents proudly standing next to him. Sigrid recalled him saying they were migrants from Nigeria. She thought about the similar picture she had in her house back in Nordland with her parents and wondered if Marcus's parents continued to chide him about his career choices in the way hers did.

Marcus noticed her attention. "Grad day," he said with a grin. "Your parents look happy and proud of you," Sigrid said, taking a step towards the picture to examine it more closely. "They were...still are. They've been a real source of inspiration for me in my life. Coming here to America with nothing, working hard, building a life...I guess I've been lucky to be a recipient of that."

Sigrid turned back towards Marcus, a more somber expression on her face. "I wish we could all have that sort of luck...my parents haven't always been...supportive...of my choices in life."

"I'm sorry about that, Sigi. Sometimes it's important that we make our own decisions, our own path in life."

She nodded, silent for a moment. Marcus waved his hand around the room, hoping to lightening the mood. "Well, this is my place. Welcome!" He gave her a dazzling smile and Sigrid couldn't help but smile in response. "Would you like the $100 tour?" he asked. "Sure" she replied, looking forward to learning more about him.

Placing her purse down on the side table, Sigrid followed Marcus around his small, but well-appointed apartment as he pointed out the issues he'd had in renovating it over the past couple of years. "Neighbors aren't too bad...the old lady next door always seems to leave her window open so her cat escapes...and the couple upstairs really need to get a new bed..." he told her with a grin as they returned to the living room.

"Grab a seat, would you like a drink?" he asked, moving towards the kitchen as she nodded. Sigrid settled onto the comfortable sofa. She felt a sense of calm and warmth in Marcus's apartment, a similar feeling to what she felt when she was around him. It wasn't as if she didn't feel the same thing with Magnus back in Nordland, she thought to herself but here she almost felt...at home?

A moment later, Marcus appeared with two glasses of wine. She stood up to accept the glass from him and they touched glasses. "To a wonderful evening," he said. "With wonderful company," she replied with a little smile. They both took a sip of the wine before Marcus led her to the dining table that he had laid out for dinner.

Sigrid took a seat while Marcus headed back to the kitchen. As he collected the salad for starters, he explained to her what he'd prepared for them. Sigrid's eyebrows rose in pleasant surprise, she didn't realize he could cook so well. The aroma coming from the kitchen smelt divine and she looked forward to enjoying his culinary wares.

"Ta-da!" Marcus said would a flourish as he laid the plate on the table in front of her. "I hope you enjoy this."

Sigrid looked at the plate of arugula salad topped with juicy cherry tomatoes, creamy avocado slices, and tangy balsamic vinaigrette with a smile. "Wow, you made this?" she asked jokingly with a little grin. The black man grinned back. "I actually ordered it in, but don't give away my secret," he joked. Marcus had spent most of the afternoon cooking for them, it was something he'd always enjoyed doing.

Joining her at the table, the pair started on their entrée with Sigrid enjoying the vibrant medley of flavors and textures of the salad. As she sipped her wine, she asked Marcus how his work was going.

"Pretty well actually...a couple of new contracts in the pipeline but I have some challenges at the moment too," he told her as he gave her a little shrug. "Oh, what sort?" she asked, a curious smile on her face.

"A couple of IP issues we're working through." He went on to explain that IP infringement was a real issue in his industry, especially given that he was dealing with multiple countries. "Including Nordland," he said with a grin. "I'm actually finalizing an IP agreement with a maritime firm over there at the moment for some work we won."

Sigrid's eyes brightened. "Well, I studied IP law at Nordland University...if you've got any issues, I'd be happy to have a look at anything you've got."

"Sure, that would be great. Thanks!" he replied with a warm smile. This was one of the things he liked so much about Sigrid, her openness and willingness to help. He reflected on his last girlfriend, Natasha. She'd been incredible in bed, but had been such a needy, demanding person, always wanting more and more from him without giving much in the way of return.

The pair continued to eat their food, finishing their salads before Marcus returned with the entrees, the pan-seared sea bass fillets seasoned with a blend of lemon zest, garlic, and fresh herbs. Sigrid's eyes widened further in surprise when she tasted the food, enjoying the way that the fish melted in her mouth.

Over dinner the conversation continued with them discussing their work, families, sports, and other topics. However, both studiously avoided the elephant in the room, their on-going affair. Marcus smiled as he gazed at the picture displayed on Sigrid's phone as she held it up for him to see. They had been discussing various locations that they had visited, and Sigrid had opened her social media to show Marcus various pictures of her travels.

She didn't notice the flash of envy in his eyes when she scrolled to a picture of her and her husband standing atop a mountain trail. She was standing there in a sports top, leggings, sunglasses, and a hat with Magnus standing behind her, big grins on their faces. For a moment Marcus imagined what it would be like for him to be in that picture. He imagined himself; his toned, black arms, wrapped around her pale, white body, instead of her husband's. His dark, smiling face next to hers, instead of the pale skinned Magnus.

It wasn't as though he held Magnus any ill-will. From what he understood of the situation, Magnus was a good man, just too focused on his work. With Sigrid trying to repair her marriage with her husband, it did leave Marcus wondering where he would stand in all of this. He decided to hope for the best and expect the worst. If this was to be their last night together, at least he could enjoy the meal with her before they parted ways forever.

He turned his attention back to what Sigrid was saying. "...and when we reached the bottom, we found that the tour bus had already left! We had to walk another two miles back to the closest shop..." she said with a little laugh, her blue eyes sparkling at the memory. She looked up from her phone and glanced at the black man sitting opposite her, realizing he was looking at the photo of her and her husband. Marcus quickly changed his expression, but she still caught it.

"Marcus...what is it? Is something wrong?" she asked, placing the phone down on the table. Marcus looked at her across the table as he took a deep breath, I guess I should get it out now, he thought to himself.

"Look...Sigi...I...I'm sorry...just...just seeing you with your husband, with Magnus, it...it's a bit uncomfortable...it sort of makes me wish it was me there with you..." he admitted. He looked down at the plate in front of him. "Sorry...I shouldn't have said that..." he told her, cursing himself on the inside. Why did I have to say that he thought to himself?

Sigrid reached across the table and took his dark hand in hers, her pale fingers wrapping around it and holding it tight. "Marcus...believe me...I understand...and...well, I feel like that too..." He looked up at her when she said this. "Sometimes...when I'm at home...with Magnus...I...I think what it would be like to be with you..."

He looked at her with his dark brown eyes. "What are we doing, Sigi?" he asked softly. She looked away, unable to meet his gaze. "I...I don't know...I...I feel so confused..."

She released his hand and took a long sip of wine, her meal half-finished in front of her. Marcus whispered, "Sorry...I guess I killed the mood..."

Sigrid shook her head, almost sadly. "No...you didn't...I have...I've been wanting this...you...and...and my life back home with Magnus..."

The pair were silent for a moment. "I'm falling for you, Sigi..." Marcus whispered softly, revealing his true feelings. "I know I shouldn't...you're married...you live in another country...you're..." he paused. She looked up at him, an inquisitive expression on her face. "I'm...?"

He paused, wondering about her reaction. "You're white...I'm black...I just wasn't sure how you'd feel about that...whether you'd see anything more that this between us..." He swallowed nervously. "Look, I'm really sorry about this...I thought we could have a nice dinner and enjoy the night..." he said quickly, almost apologetically.

"Marcus, Marcus...it's ok..." she replied, reaching out to take his hand again. "We need to have this conversation...and about you being black...well, there's nothing wrong with that, I like it...I like you..." She wondered how her parents would react if they saw her holding a black man's hand in his apartment, not to mention if they knew about all of the incredible sex they had experienced together. They would probably have heart attacks, Sigrid wryly thought to herself.

She paused. "I've thought about what it would be like if there was something more between us too...I really like you Marcus...that's why I'm so confused...I'm in such a dilemma over what to do."

The pair regarded each other for a few moments in silence, both thinking about the implications of the illicit relationship.

*****

Marcus finished putting the dishes in the dishwasher as he thought about what Sigrid had said at the table. He knew she was confused, so was he to be honest. He decided to lay it all on the table with her, find out her feelings and work out if this was going to be something or did she just want to walk away and return to her own life. He knew he shouldn't be forcing her to make a decision but, equally, he didn't want to string her along. He would tell her how he felt and then see where the chips fell. With a determined look in his eyes, he made his way back to the living room.

He was surprised to find that the living room was deserted. For a moment he thought that she might have left while he was in the kitchen, but he looked over at the side table and saw her purse still sitting there. Had she gone to the bathroom, he thought?

"Sigi?" he called out, knocking on the door of the bathroom. No response. Even more puzzled, he moved towards his room, wondering if she'd decided to use the bathroom adjoining his bedroom. Opening the door to his bedroom, the Black man saw that the room was dark and silent. Realizing she wasn't in his bathroom, he was about to turn to leave when he saw movement in the far corner of the room.

A pale figure moved towards him, illuminated only by the dim light from the window and the light behind him in the hallway. To his stunned surprise, he'd realized Sigrid had removed her clothing and was standing naked in his bedroom. The Nordic woman moved towards him, and he saw her expression in the dim light. "Sigi..." he whispered softly taking in the sight of her pale curves, her long brown hair that framed her face, the pale pink-capped mounds on her chest and the small dark patch of hair at the junction of her thighs that covered her temple of Nordic womanhood. She looked ethereal, pale, fragile, beautiful, perfect.

"Shhh..." she whispered as she stood in front of him. "Don't speak...please...let's just enjoy ourselves..."

The attractive brunette slowly sank to her knees on the soft carpet in front of him. Her pale hands traced the curves of his thighs through his trousers, feeling the hardness of his muscles beneath the fabric. She wanted this, she knew it was wrong, but she wanted this. Like him, she was falling too. Falling for him faster than she could admit even to herself. Things had been going well back home, Magnus was home more, they were planning a little upcoming getaway to London, but here she was, on her knees in front of her black African lover.