Sigrid's Dilemma Pt. 04

Story Info
Sigrid falls deeper into her dilemma.
8k words
4.37
2.9k
7

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 04/04/2024
Created 02/22/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: This story is set in the fictional country of Nordland, a small island nation in the North Sea between the UK, Norway, and Denmark.

Please note that this story is a work of fiction. All characters, events, and places described in this narrative are products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

All comments and feedback are welcome.

HF

------

*BEEP...BEEP...BEEP...BEEEE...*

Sigrid's hand snaked out and slapped her phone, silencing the alarm. Wearily, she opened her eyes, looking at the bedside clock: 5.30am. It was the Thursday after she and Magnus had arrived home from their weekend getaway in London, and she had promised herself she would get up early for a run. As she slowly pulled back the sheets and blankets, careful not to wake the still slumbering Magnus who was snoring softly next to her, her mind drifted back to the couple of days they had spent away.

It had been an enjoyable experience, notwithstanding the altercation with the chavs on the Friday night. The pair had enjoyed the football on Sunday night and had reconnected in a way she hadn't thought possible after her time in New York with Marcus a week earlier. Making her way to the bathroom to freshen up, she reflected that it was perhaps the little getaway they needed, a reset to reconnect with each other. What this meant for her relationship with Marcus was still hanging over her mind like a dark cloud.

Pushing her pajama pants and briefs down around her ankles, she sat on the toilet, her thoughts still on Marcus. He was due to arrive in Nordland today, according to his messages they had secretly exchanged over the past several days. Should I go and see him, she thought nervously? What would his presence in Nordland, the first time since they had started their affair, mean for them?

Finishing on the toilet, she stood and pulled her pajama pants and briefs back into position. As she stood at the basin, washing her hands, her eyes drifted to the place on the shelf where she usually placed her packet of birth control pills. Now, however, this space was vacant as she had finished the last pill two days before, and the empty packet lay discarded in the rubbish bin. Having agreed not to refill her prescription before they left for London, Sigrid now struggled with the realization that, unless she used a condom, every time she had sex with either Magnus or Marcus there was a chance she could fall pregnant.

She had read a few books and visited several sites on the internet that advised some of the best ways to fall pregnant and she was now more aware of the likely chances to her cycle as the chemicals in her system dissipated and she returned to her natural hormonal balance. This was all in preparation for starting a family with Magnus, but the impact this would have on her affair with Marcus was far from clear at this stage.

The logical part of her told her that if they were to continue their affair they needed to use some form of protection, lest she fall pregnant with her black lover's baby. The emotional part of her reminded her of the pleasure that she and Marcus felt when he was inside her without a condom or any other form of barrier between her intimate pink folds and his black cock. The dichotomy of her thoughts continued to trouble her as she washed her face and tied her brown hair back into a ponytail.

Returning to the darkened bedroom, she silently slipped out of her pajamas and into her running gear that she had laid out the night before. Leaving Magnus to his dreams, she made her way to the kitchen, drinking a glass of water before leaving the house and heading off on her favorite running route. Usually, she wore her ear pods and listened to her favorite songs to distract her and occupy her mind, but this time there was no need. She had enough on her mind to keep her deeply occupied in thought.

She was no closer to a solution for her dilemma by the time she arrived back home an hour later. She hoped that something would present itself before she had to face the harsh reality of her situation, that she couldn't be with both men that she now loved.

Magnus was awake and in the kitchen when she arrived back, hot, and sweaty from her run, despite the cool morning air outside. "Hey, Sigi...good run?" he asked with a smile as he made some coffee.

"Yeah, bit cool out there though..." she panted as she pulled her ear pods out and placed them on the table. "Want some coffee?" he asked. She nodded gratefully as she poured herself some more water to rehydrate.

"Here you go," he said, handing her a steaming cup of coffee. She flashed him a smile in thanks as she took a sip. Hot and black, just the way she liked it, she thought to herself.

Making her way to the pantry to start preparing her breakfast, Magnus glanced over his shoulder. "How's your day looking?" he asked. She rocked her head from side to side. "So, so...I guess..." she replied, peering at the ingredients on the shelves. "Meeting with some of the new flight attendants today, got an orientation session for them. Part of my transition to a management role," she replied as she pulled out the ingredients she was looking for.

"Looking forward to it?" he asked, with a little smile. "Giving up the skies?"

"I guess so...the time away from home is pretty draining..." she replied as she made her way to the bench to start preparing her food. Magnus paused. "Look, Sigi...I just want you to know...despite what I've said in the past...I'm really proud of you and your career...you've gone where you want to go...done what you wanted to do...maybe I wasn't as supportive as I could have been and I'm sorry about that," he told her.

Sigrid paused and turned to look at him, a look of love and affection on her face. "Mags, thank you...it's ok...I know we've been through some rough patches...everyone does...but let's just focus on the future now, ok?"

Magnus nodded and they returned their attention to their food. "So, are we still going to dinner with your family on Saturday night?" he asked, their focus turning to more prosaic issues.

She let out a groan and rolled her eyes. "Yes...please don't remind me..." Sigrid's bother, Niels, was in town for several days and had wanted to catch up for dinner with his younger sister and parents. Niels was the one bright spark in Sigrid's family; despite being several years older that her they had always had a strong relationship. This had even survived the family dramas when she'd decided to leave a career in law and join Air Nordland as a flight attendant, much to her parents' disgust and chagrin.

Niels, a tall man with dark brown hair, had followed their parents into law, becoming a corporate lawyer for a major UK bank and had moved to London nearly a decade earlier, where he'd met his wife, Penelope. A tall, willowy blonde from an upper-class English family, she owned an art gallery in Mayfair and, when Sigrid had first met her, she'd made the mistake of referring to her as Penny in a conversation. "It's Penelope, dear..." Niels' wife had stated in her refined accent, thereby setting the tone of their relationship since then.

Even with her cool relationship with Niels' wife, Sigrid loved spending time with her brother. Despite his own career path into law, he'd always supported her with her decisions, even when this put him at odds with their parents. Sigrid often reflected on how someone as gregarious and affable as Niels had ended up with someone so cool and dismissive as Penelope.

She had hoped to catch up with Niels while they were in London, thus avoiding having to go to dinner with him and her parents when he was in Nordhaven. Unfortunately, he had been travelling and she had reluctantly acquiesced to his request to come to dinner when he visited on the weekend. She was expecting to get the typical battery of questions and criticisms about her career and life choices from her parents.

Magnus turned to face her. "I know you and your parents don't get along...maybe it'll be different this time..."

Sigrid sighed, somehow she doubted that.

*****

Sigrid strode confidently through the terminal, having finished the airside orientation for the group of new flight attendants she had been assigned to mentor. Their graduation was coming next week and as soon as they had filled out the roster she would be released; she was looking forward to her impending transfer to a crew management role in the Air Nordland head office, knowing it would mean more time at home for her.

She glanced up at the display boards in the terminal and swallowed nervously. Marcus's flight had just arrived from New York. She debated whether to go to the gate to see him and despite her best intentions, she found herself making her way there. I'll just go and say hi to him, Sigrid said to herself.

She greeted the other flight attendants the opened the doors from the walkway; they had all flown together many times before. The passengers started to file off the flight and she stood there, smiling, greeting them to Nordland. Then she saw him, striding down the walkway towards the door; he was dressed casually in jeans, t-shirt and jacket that complimented his dark skin perfectly. It took all of Sigrid's self-control not to dash towards him and wrap her arms around him when she saw him.

Marcus glanced towards the exit door from the walkway and was stunned to see Sigrid standing there, looking immaculate in her Air Nordland flight attendant uniform. Had she come to see him arrive, he thought? His face broke into a warm grin at the sight of the woman he had fallen in love with, and his heart felt a surge of affection as she smiled back at him.

Stopping in front of her, he said, "Hey there, Sigi...I wasn't expecting to see you here!"

"You know, I was just in the neighborhood, us flight attendants just love wandering around airport terminals..." she said with a little grin. "How was the flight?"

"Smooth, uneventful...boring, since you weren't on board," he replied.

"Sorry, I can't be on every one of your flights," she said, mock apologetically. He laughed. "Are you working?"

"Yeah, afraid so...but I can walk with you through to immigration if you like..." she told him. He nodded and the pair followed the other passengers disembarking the aircraft and making their way towards the exit gates.

"So...how are things going...at home?" Marcus asked, uncertain of what had happened since he'd last seen her in New York. They had agreed to keep their communications limited and had just shared a few messages since then.

Sigrid nodded her head. "Things are going, ok...Magnus is busy with work...but we did manage to get away to London last weekend." She gave him a little smile. "We went to see a football match."

"All that way for a game of football?" he asked, surprised. She gave a little laugh. "You don't know how important football is for Nordlanders! We'd go all the way to the Moon to watch a game..."

Marcus grinned. He loved how down to Earth and natural Sigrid was compared to many of the women he knew back in the United States. As they walked, she continued to tell him what happened while they were in London with Marcus being shocked by the altercation they had found themselves in.

"Are you both alright?" he asked with concern. Even though he was having an affair with Magnus's wife, Marcus was, at his heart, a good man and was concerned about the welfare of both Magnus and Sigrid. Sigrid nodded. "Magnus was able to fight them off," she told him.

"That's good to hear, I'm glad you're both safe," he told her. They walked along in silence for another moment or two. "So, are you able to catch up in the next couple of days?" he asked.

Sigrid was silent for a moment, aware of the implications of her decision. Whether to be faithful to her husband, Mangus, or continue to see her black lover, Marcus. "M...Marcus, I...I don't know...I'm working...Magnus is around..." She paused. "Let me see, ok?"

Marcus gave her a little smile. "Of course, no pressure. I know what it means for me to be here, I get it. Look, I'm in town for a week at this stage, maybe more depending on how my meetings and presentations go. If you're able to catch up...even just for a coffee...that would be great," he told her. Sigrid nodded and then debated whether to tell him about the issue of birth control.

"M...Marcus..."

"Yes?" he replied.

"If...if we continue to see each other...I...I need you to know. I've stopped taking my birth control pills...Magnus and I discussed it, as a step towards starting a family..."

"Are you worried about what this means for us?" he asked softly. She nodded. "If we were...to keep seeing each other...we should use protection..."

He nodded. "I understand...and yes, I agree...we should use protection."

They had arrived at the immigration gates by now and Sigrid turned to Marcus, aware of the other passengers walking past them. "Let me give you a call when I'm free, see if we can meet up, ok?" she said softly. He gave her a little grin. "Ok, talk soon."

Leaving Marcus to make his way through the immigration gates, Sigrid walked away to make her way back to the Air Nordland facilities. As she did, she felt even more confused and concerned about what she was doing with the two men in her life.

*****

"Sigi!" Niels called out from across the restaurant as Sigrid and Magnus entered. She smiled, a feeling of warmth coming over her at the sight of her older brother. He stood up and made his way towards her, wrapping his arms around her and giving her a big hug. "Hiya, Niels" Sigrid replied, hugging him back. "How is my little sis?" he asked as he released his grip on her.

"Good...busy with work...sounds like you're the same," she told him. He nodded, "Pretty much...was over in San Francisco for a deal last week, sorry we couldn't catch up in London...but at least I'm here now!" He turned his attention to Magnus. "Mags, how are you?" he said with a big grin, holding out his hand.

Magnus grinned back, shaking his older brother-in-law's hand. "Hi Niels, great to see you again." For the dinner, Magnus was dressed casually in a tailored charcoal gray suit from Tiger of Sweden that he had paired with a crisp white dress shirt from J.Lindeberg and a pair of black leather Oxford shoes from ECCO. Meanwhile Sigrid was clad in a classic yet chic black midi dress from Ganni, paired with a set of sleek black stiletto heels from Acne Studios. Her impeccably groomed chestnut-brown hair was styled in loose waves, with a hint of rosy blush and berry lipstick accentuating her features.

Niels ushered them over to the table where Penelope and his and Sigrid's parents were sitting. Harald and Maja Eriksen did their best to appear happy to see their daughter and she noted that they greeted Magnus more warmly than they did her. Penelope was her usual self, sitting in the corner seat, an ethereal presence that regarded the other family members with icy-blue eyes.

Despite Niels warm and friendly attitude, Sigrid settled herself in for another night of grilling and reproachment over her life choices at the hands of her parents. "So have you started your new job yet or are you still flying all over the world pouring drinks?" her mother asked in a condescending tone as Sigrid sat down. Well, that didn't take long, Sigrid thought to herself.

"Not yet, mother. Once the current class of flight attendants graduates next week, I should be released from the crew pool and be able to take up my new position," Sigrid replied through clenched teeth as she forced a smile.

The discussion continued as drinks and meals were ordered. As the first round of drinks arrived, Sigrid was secretly wishing she could escape, but she had made a promise to Niels that she'd stay and enjoy the evening. Magnus and Penelope were discussing what was happening in Nordland and in a break in the conversation, Penelope said across to table to Sigrid, "Sigi...I understand you're thinking of starting a family..."

This caught her parents' attention and Sigrid gritted her teeth to reply. "Yes, Penny...Mags and I are thinking about it."

"That's Penelope, dear," she replied to Sigrid's barb in an icy tone. "Thinking or trying...there is a difference, you know."

"Still thinking at this stage," Sigrid replied, looking over at Magnus, angry that he'd told her sister-in-law.

"Well, it's good that you're going to be home more often with your new job. You don't want to leave it too late, dear," her mother piped up. "Your father and I would love to have some grandchildren soon." Sigrid did her best to keep her expression neutral. "Of course, mother. Don't worry...I'll let you know if and when it happens."

Niels, sensing the tense atmosphere at the table, turned the conversation to safer territory and they started to discuss Penelope's gallery back in London. Sigrid immediately tuned out of the conversation, keeping a façade of calm interest on her face but inside she seethed. It was always the same with her parents, always a criticism of her.

The door to the restaurant opened and several people entered in animated conversation. Sigrid casually glanced their way and her eyes widened in shock and surprise. Not fifteen meters away was Marcus, along with several other people that she assumed were his business partners or clients. Oh my God, what's he doing here, she thought to herself?

Marcus was in the middle of a conversation with an older Nordic man in the group when his eyes fell on Sigrid sitting at the table. He stumbled in his conversation but immediately recovered and continued speaking to the older man. However, his eyes darted towards Sigrid and then flicked across to Magnus sitting next to her.

The group were led to a table on the other side of the restaurant where they sat down for dinner. Sigrid couldn't help but glance at Marcus, watching him speak to the other members of the group and seeing how effortlessly he was able to interact with them.

The next half an hour was excruciating for Sigrid; not just because her husband was sitting next to her and her black lover was just across the room, but because of the incessant snide comments her parents continued to make about her.

"Niels, that account you are working on sounds like it has some very challenging issues; I'm sure you're more than capable of handling them," Sigrid's mother, a corporate lawyer herself, said to Sigrid's brother. "At least someone has a challenging and rewarding job..." she continued as if talking to herself.

That's it, Sigrid thought to herself! Pushing her chair back, she stood up. Magnus looked up at her. "Sigi...what's wrong?"

"I'm just going to get some fresh air," she told him, not bothering to look at her parents. "Are you ok? Do you want me to come with you?" he asked, concern written on his face.

"No...stay...I'll be ok. I'll just get some fresh air out back...it's getting too stuffy in here for me," Sigrid said with a scowl at her parents.

A few moments later, Sigrid found herself standing in the deserted back alleyway behind the restaurant, desperately trying to hold back the tears. Why couldn't they respect her decisions in life, support her like they supported her brother?

She heard the back door to the restaurant open then close behind her and footsteps crunching on the gravel towards her. "Mags...I just want to be alone, ok?" she said as she had her arms wrapped around her body.

"If you want me to leave I will, I just wanted to see if you were ok?" She spun around at the sound of the voice and saw Marcus standing there. "Marcus!" she exclaimed.

He gave her a concerned look as he approached. "Sigi, are you ok?" he asked as he stood in front of her.

She gave a little nod. "It...it's just my parents...that's them inside there with my brother and his wife..."