All Comments on 'Silent Vigil'

by Snekguy

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
Viper27503Viper27503over 4 years ago
WOW

I don't usually go for horror stories but this is amazing. I had chills running down my back for the 1at half. Then you put your awesome touch to the 2nd half that any Snekguy fan will recognize. Thank you for all the stories you have published. Keep up the great work.

BruceWoBruceWoover 4 years ago
Wonderful work

I think there’s a chapter 2 waiting to be written. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Really good with a good ending.

I rarely read stories this long, but it was really worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
always top writing from Snekguy

Snekguy is so far my personal favorite on Literotica : character and world building is top-notch if maybe somewhat identical in direction and plot. I am however not complaining since I like build females myself. Also there is nothing wrong with big jugs. On the intellectual level , Snekguy´s ability to analyze the pseudoscience behind the Occult arts is not something that comes along without study and thought. Neither does technical matter about the interior systems in High-rises. He has done his homework on this story and the others more Sci-fi oriented ones.

In short : Highly recommended IMHO

The only other author I know of who´s writing seems so natural and seamless is the NZ resident , Greg Howell with his "Otherworld" series and other writing. If you do not know of it, I will envy the readers the first time experience. Look him up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great work

Amazing job as always! Will be eagerly waiting for the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great!

Now we just need a She-venom and her little Spideyboy

illwindillwindabout 4 years ago

I just couldn't stick with this one. I can suspend my belief for aliens, demons, ghosts, or goblins, but when characters start behaving the way no person actually would, I lose interest fast. Bad enough the MC doesn't fire the entire staff after discovering they haven't been doing their jobs for YEARS. Then he has a full on loss of time paired with auditory and visual hallucinations and doesn't even consider getting a checkup. He seems perfectly fine with the idea that he isn't being haunted but rather is being exposed to dangerous substances. "Oh, it's not ghosts. It's just lead poisoning. So nothing to worry about." What!? Then toss in his boss telling him to sleep there; as if that would ever happen. Not offering him an apartment in the building, mind you. Not asking him to be on call at all hours, but telling him specifically that he has to sleep there. Again I have to ask; what the hell?

I think what really did me in though was how determined you seemed to be to not advance the plot. The endless descriptions of every hallway, every room, every tile, every carpet, every bedspread...ugh. I was five pages in and I hadn't learned anything that the one line description of the story hadn't already told me. "The manager of a high-rise must contend with a haunting." Great, lets get to that! Preferably without me having to read about every single design choice that was made for this building.

I admittedly am not really a fan of the haunting genre, but I was hoping you could bring some of the charm of your other stories to it. Just didn't work out for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

You write extremely well, with both an interesting story as well as sexy parts. Please continue!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Beautifully written ❤

Love, love, love the suspense, plot and characters ❤

Your story is beautifully thought out and splendidly executed.

Amazing resolution ❤🧡❤

Keep up the fantastic work!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Please write a follow up! I want to know how the cleanup of the building goes, and what Alecto does out in the world!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Amazing work, as always!

I vividly remember the first time I saw the lobby of the Empire State Building. I felt like I had stepped out of a time machine, into the 1930's. I can feel the excitement your narrator would have felt at the chance to bring one of these architectural wonders back to life.

I thoroughly enjoyed his stubborn reluctance to be dragged into any superstitious nonsense about ghosts and hauntings. That non-belief made his eventual turnaround more convincing. Details count. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

And another thing....there are so many threads of story left to weave here. It would almost be a literary sin to leave them drifting in the breeze. I know your standards make these stories more difficult to write than the reader suspects, but they are so very good that I have to ask for a follow-up. It could be fun for you. And you could describe some more Art Deco stuff, maybe even shift to a Grecian theme with a statue of Athena in the mix. A sordid mind boggles at the possibilities.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I hope there's a sequel in the works. Ethan refurbishes, the building, grand reopening gala, Alecto returns, possibly in human form.

JohnSpanglerJohnSpanglerabout 2 years ago

That was one hell of a story! Thanks for writing!

kees10kees106 months ago

Wow,

What a tale! Extremely well build, from atart to finish.

Let's hope ethan,just as I, doesn't have too wait long for tg next chapter.

XericXenophileXericXenophile2 months ago

You have to let Ethan become a magician with the grimoires and Alecto's help. Book Two.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSnekguy@Snekguy
2795 Followers
Check out my new website over at Snekguy.com, where you can read the Pinwheel Wiki, see galleries for book covers and concept art, and more! I now have Ebooks available on Amazon and Smashwords! Buying a copy of your favorite story is a great way to support me. amazon.com/auth...