All Comments on 'Silver Pt. 08'

by CantC54

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
Captain_FapulusCaptain_Fapulusabout 8 years ago
I'm left speechless

To be completely honest I now feel very much like crying and I don't really know if it's from the ending the story got, or from the fact that the series ended, or that it's the second romance novella I've read in the past month that got a sad ending where everything pointed for the bright future, or for the feast that it's early morning here and I now have a full day ahead of me and I my concentration will suck...

Usually I hate ending like this one, even more so when loaded with ghastly aspects and views from the other side, but for some odd reason I have zero problems here. Sure I'm very sad that Michael is gone and that the story didn't get its fairy tail ending despite all the signs being there, who wouldn't want that in this case or ay other romance story, but I have to once more give you credit for the real artistic approach and giving it yet another breath of real-life doing so. As you said bad things happen to good people, and despite it being a real hollywood cliche by now it's a sad truth. Though I hope the trend doesn't spread too much or I'll be lonely with nothing interesting to read as I'm a major sucker for romance with happy endings.

Another thing that deserved the spotlight is how Marlene stayed close to Michaels family and how everyone kept her cozy and watched out for her, presentation of the ring downright melted my heart. In most real life cases in situations like this the victims are too often left to cope with it alone and forgotten when there wasn't any real bond (they didn't marry yet). Her keeping Misty was a really nice touch and thing to do, looking from Mistys point of view probably the only logical thing to do as she got familiarised with Marlene more than anyone else.

As a whole I definitely can't say I'm disappointed, aside from wanting a happy end, on the contrary to my personal ideals I'm happy the story got a conclusion that I can relate to, that can stand its own ground no matter the point of view and that above all else makes sense for both the author and the reader. Romance doesn't always mean nice things and it often carries painful residues, be it a break-up or falling-out of love, finding someone else who stirs you heart, or simply letting go of the ones you love so they can be happy on their own, so coming to terms with this realisation is vital to enjoying this segment of literature. It was an exceptional ride from start to finish and all the while in between, really didn't expect all of this when I read the 1st chapter about a blind guy that got lucky.

And then there's the personal dedication in the end that totally floored me. I'm exceptionally humbled by it but I have to say that all I did was read the story and post my observations and thoughts on it. It means a lot to me for an author to respond in any way as it shows he has appreciation for his readers, but this is something special I did not see coming. We did have some little messages here and there, Ch. 06 most notably, yet this one brinks on playing with my heart. Though for this part I must confess I didn't particularly pay attention to any grammatical errors as I have barely woken up, so please do not press me on them. I might read it again in the future and report then, just not soon or I'll cry all over again.

In the end I don't have much to add aside from the usual 5* rating, placing it in my favourites list and to anxiously await your future submissions.

Thanks for the exceptional experience and sharing with us your dreams and artistic ideas.

P.S. Is there a chance I could convince you to maybe at one point in the future post a re-visited version where they get that fairy tail ending together? I'm prepared to offer lifetime supply of home made cookies!

ender2k2kender2k2kabout 8 years ago
Love the whole story until....

I respect how you decided to end the story but it did really ruin it for me. You have real talent as an author and I hope you share more stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Damn, that hurt. But 5 stars all the way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Sickly

Barf bag needed.

ringill98ringill98about 8 years ago
Congratulations

I was delighted when I saw that Chapter 8 had arrived then I read it.

Well done, you've fucked over this story completely.

Love2ReadLitLove2ReadLitabout 8 years ago

While I don't like the ending for the obvious reason, you handled it well and this was how it was meant to happen.

ncpetencpeteabout 8 years ago
Very Dramatic ending

There was no way to see that one coming, and you are right, life isn't all about happy endings. I enjoyed the story. The character development, backstories, the buildup of the relationship were well done and their love and lust were thick and heartfelt throughout. The ending was pretty amazing as well. A lot of emotion written into it. Well done. Thanks for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Real Life

I loved the whole story but in my opinion it was ruined in the end. I read these stories because in my line of work I have enough "reality" and I like happy ever after in what I read. Great writing! Poor ending! My opinion only.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Excellent

As tear jerking as this ending is, it's wonderful because life never ends, it simply takes on another form. We simply have to feel it. Thank you for being true to yourself and respecting your dream. By being who you are, with your special way of seeing, you teach some of us to cherish the gift we have of seeing through our eyes to learn how to see through our hearts.

luv_romanceluv_romanceabout 8 years ago
Amazing!!!

Thank you for your story and you are very brave and talented.

Keep on writing as you are gifted.

Loved your amazing story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank You

So very good that in each part I almost wanted to skip the sexy bits to find out where the story was going. Thank you for this wonderful story and please think about treating us to more of your talent. 5 stars all the way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Powerful ending, had me in tears.

pawsnizzypawsnizzy10 months ago

Great work, thank you

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous