Silver Pt. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CantC54
CantC54
84 Followers

**********

We stood together as one, listening to the minister's greeting, explaining how two souls, filled with unabashed love, will soon be bound together as one.

"And so we stand here together, Michael and Marlene, ready to present bands of white gold to one another, representing the never ending love they promise each other. They will profess their love to the other with their own written words as they place the ring on the other's finger, forever binding them together as one."

The clicking cameras dwindled to silence as the giant, orange moon continued to ever so slowly rise before us.

"Hmm, now, who should we start with?" the minister questioned, receiving a hearty laugh from the anxious crowd.

My hands began to sweat as I pleaded with my brain to remember the vows I had practiced for the past three months, wanting my Marlene to feel my words in her very soul. The Super Harvest Moon continued to rise, and with time lapsed video, began to move behind the alignment of the earth and the sun, soon to form a "Super Harvest Blood Moon," where rays of the sun, partially blocked by the surface of the earth, creates a red ring around the moon, giving it a blood red color. The sound in the room turned to "Oohs and Aahs" as the full eclipse of the moon was complete.

"How about we begin with Michael," she announced with a smile to her voice.

I believe my heart actually stopped beating for a second as I felt my eyes begin to roll to the back of my head.

"OK, Michael," she carefully whispered, breaking me out of my temporary light headedness, "Here is Marlene's ring. Place it on her finger as you recite your vows, OK?"

I think I may have shook my head, but to be honest with you, I wouldn't be able to state that as fact. I accepted the ring from the minister, placed it between my thumb and forefinger, thanking any god who would listen to me for not dropping it, and began to cry as my words started.

"My sweet, beautiful Marlene,from... From the first seconds, when you virtually walked into my life, I knew that one day... That one day, I would make you my wife. You accepted me, with all of my flaws, and never once questioned the weaknesses I possess."

I held her delicate finger, slipping the band over her polished nail.

"Marlene, I never thought I could possibly love a person as much as I do you. You have given me nothing but your tender love, kindness, compassion, and laughter from the first moment of our relationship. You held me in your arms in the toughest of times, when tears... when tears poured from... from my eyes, comforting me without uttering a single word. You and I... We...have shared moments of joy, sorrow, times filled with more happiness than I could have ever imagined, times of sadness than I ever wish to remember, and most importantly, times of love so pure, I swear, it touched my very soul. You shared yourself with me, trusting in me not to hurt you, trusting me enough to share your body with me in our most intimate of moments."

I felt the ring slow against her skin as it approached the halfway point of her finger, but with an even, steady pressure, continued on.

"My sweet, sweet baby, I promise with my entire heart never to hurt you. I promise before every witness gathered here this evening, I will protect you, and protect you to the death. Mar...lene, with this...this ring, I beg... I beg...you to...to be...my wife. I...I beg...you to accept the love...the love I give... I give you, 'til the day... 'Til the day...I draw...my last...breath. Marlene, I...I absolutely...adore...you, and...and promise...promise to...to love and...adore...you for...for the...the rest of...my...life."

Tears streamed down my face as I felt the white gold press against her engagement ring. My body quivered as I stared into the face I would never see. Lifting her hand to my lips, I gently kissed it and told her how much I loved her. The minister laid her hand on my shoulder and offered a tissue which I politely declined. I was proud of my tears, I was proud to show everyone before me the depth of my love for my beautiful Marlene.

"Michael," Marlene tearfully whispered as her delicate hand cupped my face.

She didn't need to say anything more. She knew it, as did I; the simple whisper of my name along with her tender touch said it all. I recalled hearing several quick, repetitive clicks of a camera, sniffles, and choking cries from the room as I stood with my Marlene's soft hand cradling my face.

"Marlene, are you ready, dear?" whispered the minister.

I didn't hear Marlene reply, but remember the emptiness I felt as her hand parted from my face. I gave Marlene a reassuring smile as she took my left hand. Her hand felt so small, much smaller, more delicate than I could remember. Of all things, I felt my beautiful Marlene give me a gentle squeeze before she began...

"My... My perfect Michael, my...my sweet, adorable, hand...some, Mic...hael; I love... I love...you...with my... With...my very...very heart... and...and soul. My dear... My dear, sweet...man, you saved...me... You...you saved...my life, and...and more importantly, saved me from...from myself. I go to bed every...every night with...with the picture of...of you and Misty... You and...Misty walking down...down my street on...on that frigid February morning. My...my last thought of...of my days are that...that morning. I can still...still see the steam... the steam com...ing from the two of you as...as your...your broad smile lit...lit your...your face as...as you spoke to Misty. I...I saw... No, I witnessed your strength as...as I sat... I sat in...my chair, bruises from...from my surgery surrounding my...my eyes. I knew...I knew at that very moment, I..I was go...ing to...to...marry you. I knew...I knew I loved...you the moment...the moment you...you rounded the corner, and...and disappeared from my...from my sight. The complete emptiness...and aching... I felt...I felt in my...heart, no, my...my soul,is...is something I never...I never wish...to...feel...again. My sweet, sweet, Michael, my love...my love for...you has...has a beginning, but...but will...have...no...end."

Marlene's hand shook violently as she maneuvered the white gold band over my finger. Her voice quivered un relentlessly, almost inaudible at times as she continued to profess her love to me with her own words...

"Handsome," she said with the faintest hint of a smile to her voice.

She used her nickname for me, and my head jerked with disbelief at her one simple word. I smiled as my tears continued to trickle over my cheeks while she continued on...

"Your strength is like none...like none I have ever witnessed. Your compassion...your compassion has no boundaries, and...and your love...your love has...no...end. You...you my beautiful Michael, accepted me with...with my...my scars, both...both physical, and...and mental, never once...never...once giving any less...less of yourself, and...and making sure I was...was loved...loved and protected. I promise... I promise to love and...and adore you my sweet, sweet man for...for as..long...as I breathe in the...the very air which...which surrounds you. I promise... I promise to hold you, to...to protect you, and care...care for you until...until I breathe my last breath and there after. Mich..ael, I...I promise...to love...to love...you, and...and never let...let you go..."

Marlene collapsed into my arms, her body shaking uncontrollably as her audible cries filled the otherwise silent room. She was done. While she wasn't finished her words, her mind and heart told her she had no more to give. Burying her face into my chest, Marlene's tears spilled onto me as I held her tight, reassuring her everything was alright, and how her words solidified our love forever.

"Please...don't...don't let...me...go," she cried, "Please, Mic...hael, please...hold...me."

I held my Marlene, and I held her for a long time as our guests joined in her tears.

"Michael Francis Dalton," our minister began in a quivering voice of her own, "Do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do," I answered in a strong, booming voice.

"Marlene Ann Cassidy, do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

Marlene nodded her head while pressed into my chest, and in the slightest of whispers answered, "I do."

"By the power vested in me by the state of Pennsylvania, and the city of Philadelphia, I formally pronounce you as husband and wife!"

Marlene shriveled into me, placing most of her weight into my arms as every emotion of love she possessed flowed out in a wailing cry.

"It's OK, Beautiful, it's OK, everything is going to be alright," I whispered while holding her fragile frame in my arms. "Do you know what?"

Marlene shook her face into my chest as her body continued to tremble.

"I'm your husband, and you're my wife," I answered while running my hand over her back; "You're an old married woman!"

Dianne and Marjie were soon by our side, their tears apparent as they asked Marlene if she needed water.

Marlene suddenly looked up toward me, "I'm your wife? You're my husband? We're married?"

Hearing Marlene's questioning voice, our minister pronounced us husband and wife to our guests.

"Yep," I simply said as I leaned down to kiss the love of my life.

"I would like to present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Michael Dalton," the minister exclaimed.

The room filled with a roar as I turned my tear filled wife toward our guests and raised our hands over our heads. The cheers grew louder as we stood as husband and wife before our family and friends. Dianne and Marjie were the first to smother Marlene with kisses, while Matt and Jim shook my hand.

"That was absolutely amazing," Matt exclaimed as he rested his hand on my shoulder, "It was absolutely stunningt, absolutely perfect!"

Jessica and another woman were quickly on the scene, wiping Marlene's tear filled face, and reapplying new makeup., moving to Marjie and Dianne next. We formed our line together and waited to receive our congratulatory guests. Marlene turned to me and planted a mind numbing kiss on me, laughing hysterically as she wiped her newly applied lipstick from my lips with a tissue. Our moms were the very first to greet us, tears still seeping from their eyes as they hugged and kissed us, telling us how absolutely beautiful the ceremony was. My daughter Monica was next, basically jumping into my arms for a hug I will never forget.

"Oh Daddy, oh Daddy, it was absolutely beautiful," she cried as I held her against me, "It was so, so perfect."

She jumped into Marlene's waiting arms next as they cried together, professing the love and respect they had for each other. My life was complete. Family and friends gravitated to us with their congratulatory well wishes and heart filled gratitude for being able to partake in the most heart wrenching ceremony they had ever witnessed. As the line finally dwindled, Jessica scooped us off to the bridal room in order for me and Marlene to catch our breath and recoup some much needed energy. We stood, molded in each others arms as Jessica scurried about, presenting us with bottles of water and snacks to munch on. Marlene basically received a new make over, since as explained to me later, most of her previous makeup had run down her face. Meanwhile, in the planetarium, our guests laughed and talked as the music played and the alcohol flowed freely. Johnny, our friendly DJ played to the mood of the crowd, mixing songs to fit all ages. In another fifteen minutes, the music would cease, and he would direct everyone back to their tables.

**********

Marlene ran into my arms as soon as the women were finished reapplying makeup to her face and touching up her hair. She kissed me, giggling in delight as she again wiped the remnants of her lipstick from my lips!

"OK, you two lovers, ready to get this party started?" Jessica asked in an overly excited voice.

We lined up in the hallway, Jim and Marjie, Matt and Dianne, also joined by Ed O'Neil and Janet Hartgrove, and our moms.

"OK gang, here we go," Jessica stated as the music filled the planetarium and Johnny began the introduction of the wedding party.

"Ladies and gentlemen," he proudly pronounced over the booming music, "It's time to introduce the people who brought all of us here tonight!"

The music thumped energetically as he continued, "First, let's meet the guardians and law partners of the bride, Mr. Ed O'Neil and Mrs. Janet Hartgrove!"

A loud applause filled the grand hall as they walked arm in arm into the planetarium.

"Next, it is my great pleasure to introduce to you, two very special women, whom without, we wouldn't be here tonight, Mrs. Rose Dalton, and Mrs. Joan Cassidy!"

A thunderous applause echoed throughout the hall.

"Now, let's meet the wedding party... First, it gives me great pleasure to introduce to you, Mr. Jim Danielson and Ms. Marjie O'Hara!"

Once again, the crowd filled the room with loud applause and wild whistles.

"Next, also with the greatest of pleasure, let's bring out Mr. Matthew Townsend and Ms. Dianne Christensen!"

The room once again echoed the wild applause and whistles as Dianne and Matt entered., beaming smiles across their faces.

The noise settled to a whisper, highly anticipating our entrance. The music lowered and the mood in the room was electric.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Johnny announced in a low, firm voice, "I have witnessed myself, the absolute love these next two people have shown to each other and to everyone who has had the pleasure of being in their presence; it is my great, great pleasure to introduce to you..."

The room was at it's breaking point, and the inhale of breath of the guests was audible.

"For the second time tonight, Mr. and Mrs. Michael Dalton!"

The planetarium exploded and felt as if the floor was shaking beneath us as me and Marlene, my wife, entered the vast hall. The thunderous roar which greeted us as our guest first laid their eyes on us as we walked side by side, arm in arm, as husband and wife into the insanity of the room. It would never be forgotten by any of us. Applause, whistles, and tears greeted us as we stood together on the dance floor, occasionally waving as people called out our names. The raucous crowd continued their wild applause until Johnny finally intervened and calmed the room, letting everyone know it was time for me and Marlene's first dance as husband and wife. I began to shake, and my hands grew clammy as Johnny made his announcement. It was my moment of truth, the moment when I would put my neck on the line to give my beautiful Marlene all I had left in my soul.

"Are you alright, Handsome? You're shaking terribly. Do you feel sick again?" she asked with some concern, most likely remembering the time I passed out on her in the supermarket parking lot.

"I love you, Marlene, I hope you like it," I answered in a quivering voice.

"Michael, what are you..." she began to say.

The soft piano interrupted her, clearly holding a long note before my voice filled the planetarium, "There are places I remember."

As previously planned, a full, bright orange moon appeared over the horizon of the planetarium dome, accompanied by the vast stars of the universe as it's backdrop

"Though some have changed."

Our guests gasped and smiled as a picture of me filled the moon. I must have been four years old at the time, my hands tucked into the pockets of my dungarees, adorned by a tan jacket. My face tilted to the side, but my eyes looked toward the camera with a sheepish grin. Marlene soon joined me by my side, a little girl with a high pony tail tied with a blue bow, wearing a matching blue dress and white shoes. The room couldn't get enough of the two little ones standing side by side within the moon.

"Michael?" Marlene gasped in shock, "That's you singing.? And playing, isn't it?"

She instantly stopped our dance and I felt her stare into my eyes. I simply grinned, most likely the same sheepish one I had on my face as a four year old.

"Oh my God!" Marlene exclaimed as she looked up to where the guests were transfixed, "Look at you; you're so cute! How? Oh my God, how is it possible? You and...oh my God, me... together?"

"Some forever, not for better; some have gone, and some remain."

The picture changed to our fathers standing side by side, smiling down upon us, soon joined by our moms at their sides.

"Oh Michael, oh my God, Daddy... Daddy," she cried as she held me, not moving an inch.

The picture faded, reappearing with Marlene's brother Johnny wearing his little league uniform.

"Johnny, my poor Johnny, how I miss you," she cried out as she held me tight against her.

The piano continued playing. I chose a slower rhythm of the song to a more romantic, danceable masterpiece. This was our song; the very first song I played and sang to my beautiful Marlene. I could hear sniffles coming from the closest tables as my special gift to my new wife continued.

"All these places have their moments, with lovers and friends, I still can recall;

Some are dead and some are living, in my life, I loved them all."

A steady stream of pictures flashed within the circumference of the large moon while the stars twinkled and danced in the background. Various clips from family events, holiday parties, and days down the shore; all which included the two of us. I could feel the mood of the room changing and sensed the wide smiles, at various times turning to laughter and embarrassed screams when people saw themselves in the picture.

Jessica had given me the rundown as we planned, changed, and rearranged the sequence of photos to match the words of the song. We had spent the past two months working along side the graphics department at the Franklin Institute, creating the performance the video currently displayed on the planetarium dome. I had played, sang, recorded, and re recorded, each time more horrified with my voice . Finally accepting I would never be adequately pleased with it, I presented the two best versions to Jessica for the video team to work with. Jessica had given me the final version and description of the pictures over the phone a few days before the wedding.

"Oh my God!" Marlene giggled, "Oh my God, look at us; oh no, oh Michael, no," she laughed.

We swayed together; not dancing, just swaying while my beautiful Marlene gazed upward. I could picture her beautiful green eyes sparkling in amazement as the pictures continued streaming high above.

"But of all these friends and lovers, there is no one, compares with you. And these memories lose their meaning when I think of love as something new."

A picture of Misty's sad face filled the entire moon next, instantly followed by a loud, pleasurable, "Aa." Laughter broke out in the planetarium, and Marlene's reaction was no different.

"Oh, look at my baby!" she laughed, "She is so precious!"

"She's nothing but a traitor, a con artist, and a cock blocker," I replied to Marlene as I joined her in laughter.

"Michael, stop... Oh, oh my goodness, I want that picture," she giggled as she gazed up at the newest photo in the moon showing Misty sitting with Marlene's arms lovingly wrapped around her neck while they both looked directly into the camera. It was a gorgeous picture from what I had been told; the brilliant green eyes of Marlene in contrast with the golden eyes of my Misty.

The next one drew more laughter as the screen changed to Misty sitting, wearing a Santa hat and holding a toy candy cane between her beautiful white teeth. Me and Marlene knelt to her either side with Santa hats of our own and brilliant smiles on our faces.

"Oh I'll never lose affection for people and things that went before,

I know I'll always stop and think about them, in my life, I love you more."

CantC54
CantC54
84 Followers