Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 01 Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Narius nodded and the father started to hesitate. Eldar cut him off, "Do not even go there about the cost. You are a FICKA High Elf who owns the bank. You have this mansion which rivals the FICKA Palace."

He nodded in agreement. "Now after your apprenticeship, you will be brought into the Gray Blade mercenary company for 30 years, this is a paying job, you will see combat if you have not already and in the defense of the Elven Kingdom. As a Blade Singer is required to do in protecting the Elven people. Is this agreeable?"

They both nodded. "Now have your bodyguards get the Royal Guards horse brought up. Narius, time for bed, I will be working you 16 hours a day for the foreseeable future. One more thing for you! Every year on his birthday you will deposit 25,000 gold pieces until the day he dies into an account.

It will not buy a son's love, but it will give him more options for the future after the war. Set up the account so he can access it once he is 75 or older. You will put that in from the day he was born and set me as the second holder of his account. Agreed?"

He nodded. "Just so you know I do sword practice for 8 hours a day in 1-hour blocks. I was less pissed off than the day I did 4 hours at once! Be happy the sword broke or I would still be spanking your ass!"

He turned pale and nodded again. Eldar looked over to Guard New Moon, "We are done here, let us go over to the Silvertree Estate. See what kind of trouble I can start."

They headed out. He got on T'suras, "T'suras Biana'' and they rode off.

Eldar looked at Guard New Moon, "Have you ever wanted to do that to some rich entitled prick who treats people like shit?"

New Moon laughed out loud, "I thought I was going to lose it when you whipped the father's ass. His bodyguards did not know which way to turn! I just wished I could have done it. I just watched those bodyguards' faces as they went into shock when the sword broke."

Eldar sighed, "I was hoping that piece-of-shit sword would have lasted to 100."

Guard New Moon just smiled and shook his head. "I had a mother who instilled a thirst for knowledge and reading until she died when I was 37. I was adrift but learning and continuing to read on my own for 18 years.

That is when Master Trainer Yetto took me as his first apprentice. He would not allow my disadvantages in life to be a crutch."

Guard New Moon looked at him, "Where was your father?"

Eldar snickered, "I saw him once when I was 30 and he gave me a sword. The next time we spoke was at my graduation 55 years later. I have had several conversations with him since then. Damn, we need to head to the inn instead. I got to meet up with the wives for dinner and the 3 of us will be heading to the Palace."

Fortunately, they had barely got off of the huge Golden Bar Estate when he recalled this. "We have to meet Jarron after the evening meal. No chance of blowing through a gate, why don't we give these two a little exercise. I will give you a head start."

He started moving he gave him 3 minutes, "T'suras Biatus Evanill Aisiaon."

They were off like a flash even with the barding. They still caught and passed the guard on the way to the inn. He pulled back on the reins and slowed to see his ladies approaching with the others coming from the Academy. Guard New Moon caught up. He looked at Eldar, "What do you feed that thing?"

Eldar smiled, "Apples, oats, and some hay. Charlemagne and Annette, have you tried those voice commands yet? We have to go after the evening meal. Back to see Jarron at the palace just the 3 of us."

They sighed and Charlemagne looked at Eldar, "Not yet on the voice commands, I forgot about the meeting with Jarron."

Tranosa rode up, "I want to know who else was in on this sword?"

Eldar smiled, "The list of people who did not know about the sword was Hunter, Eagle-eye, Tiger, Keyno, and you. The people who knew what was going to happen and when. Just me. Although I have been saying for days, I was going to find a solution to our Captain problem, some might have put it together."

He grumbled a bit, "When did you get the sword?"

Eldar smiled, "That night at the palace I gave the King and Queen a heck of a deal on the other sword. We are wearing them. We could have easily gotten twice as much. I just wanted some protection for my officers and gave them the first opportunity to refuse on the long sword."

They pulled up at the inn. He pulled his horse off to the side. "T'suras Vita."

He headed inside as the ladies tried the commands on their horses. They sat down to a quiet dinner for once. They would have liked nothing more than head upstairs and fuck like rabbits but they had to get going. They headed outside and got mounted up, "T'suras Biana."

They made their way to the palace. He stopped his horse away from the groom and the ladies followed suit as they ended up saying, "vita" in unison.

The groom came out, Eldar stopped him, "Those are trained War Horses, you try and grab those reigns they may try to bite off an ear or see if your head will split open like a melon. They will stand right there until we get back."

The groom nodded and backed away. They entered the palace, the doors parted and there was Jarron who sighed, "Good! You're here. Guard, I have them."

They followed Jarron to the dungeon, "They arrived early."

Eldar looked at him, "They?"

He nodded, "Based upon the information we provided they sent 3 to verify. Please stay out of their heads." He stared directly at Annette. Annette giggled.

Eldar smiled, "You got one promotion, Tranosa is a Captain now."

He huffed, "Since when?"

Eldar smiled, "Since I gave him that bastard sword Moon Blade on stage at the Academy in front of the Queen and everyone. More could come."

He looked at Eldar and Eldar smirked, "The Queen gave us a modified charter allowing us to go to 600. 200 for each kingdom involved."

Jarron sighed, "Who do you think will be next?"

Eldar laughed, "If I were a gambling man, I would put my money on Guard New Moon."

Jarron shouted, "What?"

Eldar smiled, "One of those gut instincts that has been building since the bank visit and the emotional vision storm. I was doing some strange shit yesterday. We helped to catch a mass murderer. One Guard Captain got relieved of duty when he caught the neighbor impregnating his wife, with the other guy's wife eating her pussy first. I told him to ride fast.

He did not do so there are now two pregnant women without husbands. It helped Moon Blade get his mistress pregnant with twins by giving him directions. We also recovered another dead Moon Blade. That makes 3, had House Silver Moon send a message to the other side of the world to save their blade holder from being lost at sea.

Got the patron for the house to send her to a magical transport. She should catch up with us when we leave to head back to the crossroads. See what happens when you leave us alone? Like the new cloaks?"

He looks at the cloaks, "That sends a message."

Eldar shook his head, "Only Annette's sends a message that is what the quill and ink represents. As well as being the town administrator which will explode if we go to 600 quickly."

Jarron just shook his head as they pressed through the maze of corridors. They looked down the hallway as 2 'people' in gleaming armor stood there and looked toward them as they approached. They slowed to allow Jarron to make introductions, but that did not occur.

They walked up and looked inside and saw the third, a female with no armor and her hands on the prisoner's head and they waited. Another 20 minutes passed and she simply nodded to the other 2. They sighed and looked at Jarron and nodded, not a word had been exchanged thus far.

Finally, Jarron pointed to Eldar and his ladies, "These are the Knights who uncovered what you have seen today with these prisoners. This is Annette Silvertree, the one with psionic abilities, Eldar Silvertree, and Charlemagne Silvertree. The twins are married to Eldar who is also the Knight Champion of Corellon Larethian and a Grand Master Blade Singer."

Eldar smiled, "Jarron left out Charlemagne and I are the Commanders of the Gray Blades mercenary company setting a protection zone on the southern border of the elven Kingdom with cross-border protection. We have been busy lately."

Jarron chuckled, "Like you are not busy enough breaking up spies."

Eldar shrugged, "That was a side job."

If he had to guess the 3 of them conversed telepathically about what they had been told to them on top of what they learned. Finally, the female spoke her voice almost musical, "We thank you for the information you have found out. If it were widely known it would cause mistrust of the Dragon Council."

Eldar nodded, "I was aware of that. The question is how far are you willing to go to fix the issue?"

She looks at him, "As much as we like to look to level the playing field that is not something we can do, without exposing us as interfering."

Eldar nodded and pondered, "That means, the horde and spies in the other Kingdoms are out of bounds for you unless they attempt to stop you from your target. What of the Draco-lich itself?"

She nodded. "Correct, we have no way of getting to him without exposing ourselves. We are in a difficult position concerning him. We cannot even prove he exists at the moment. Regardless of what is in their minds, it is not enough."

Eldar sighed, "What if you could do something that helped to level the field without taking direct action?"

She cocked her head, "You have something in mind?"

He nodded and opened his bag of holding and pulled out the dead blade up just enough so they could see both weapons, "We are activating 3 dead Moon Blade in the next week. We will have the 4 active all in the area within the next few days. If your hordes hold any Moon Blades, regardless of the condition, we could affect repairs and get them back to their families.

Else get them assigned to new houses if dead. We know the status or location of 8 that leaves the status of 15 unknown. The possibility that one or two are in a Dragon's horde given how old the blades are is possible."

---

Corellon slammed his fist down on a table in his home in pure excitement, "Yes! He got no guidance from us! He is requesting them for performance for a great service to the Dragons!"

Bahamut appeared, "I provided no insight into that rule to him either."

The Lady of Dreams shook her head, "I provided nothing in regards to him to suggest that, even in the visions storm you caused him to have. This is all just from within him."

The Lady of Dreams was suddenly alone.

---

Corellon, Tiamat, Task, Null, Bahamut, and IO were summoned before The One.

The One looked at Task, Null, and Tiamat, "Bahamut has a standing agreement with Corellon in regards to Elven relics on all worlds. They can be requested in payment for a service. On Tildar these relics in question, only one of them is active but dormant and in a follower of Bahumt's hands.

The other 3 are effectively dead at the moment and in the Royal Vault and not part of your robbery efforts from you 3, but especially Null who inspired it. The request has come, you do not need to know the details of that provision, or who made the request. Other than the requestor did not know of this provision and asked of their own volition unaware of the agreement.

As such Bahamut will have his followers secure those objects and return them to the Elven people outside of the gaze of the Council as a whole. No, you do not need to know what they are, your spies and such will likely find out within their own time and you are not permitted to share this information with your followers or anyone else.

Just as the robbery and the perpetrators have to be discovered on their own and are not to be shared with anyone, Bahamut and Corellon. Please note, I did not say how much or what was stolen or by the list of actors involved.

Bahamut, you are free to inform your followers to the Metallic portion of the Council to grant the request in accordance with your agreement. I monitor everything and IO knows this will not sway the scale significantly to oppose any objection.

Task, Null and Tiamat. Do not test me on this else I will banish one of you from this world, and it may or may not be the offender. Now go!"

The One sent them away except for Bahamut and IO. He smiled as IO spoke, "The Chromatic Dragons have the scales tipped too far. I never planned for Sartior's heavy thumb on the scale during the Peace Accord to favor them given the Chromatic Dragons' low population numbers. You know I was not about to protest your move."

The One nodded, "I know, but for appearances, I addressed it here as Corellon is still furious with you for the state of this world caused by the reset you requested. As stated, I would not bring Sartior into these mediations again on this world.

The 2 Moon Blades this champion captured from a spy was given to that spy as payment by her Chromatic Dragon employers in this fiasco, from the same Royal vault heist. That will throw them off for a while, and I am monitoring them closely for what they will try to do.

This Spy hoped to get them repaired and then perverted through necromancy to challenge Loth after becoming a lich. Becoming a lich had been a strong possibility as she played multiple sides against each other. Instead, she got sloppy and captured. There is no future where she escapes death now.

This elven champion is not like Tallion, he does not see that far into the future. But he is the right champion on the field that Corellon needed. Corellon is not seeing Eldar as a compromise of his principles.

This Champion or a future descendant more likely may bring about the destruction of Tiamat's Champion for you. If that happens Bahamut, you will be free to reward them with Draconic Magic. Even if it occurs after the Accord is broken or you are in a weakened state for this world when it occurs.

It could be centuries away yet, but they may fix your problem for you in that loophole in the Peace Accord. Corellon listened to Tallion's final request to make it happen. Corellon's odds have just improved and if that gets your Draconic Magic, they would have the means to escape this world and find one without the usual challenges.

Especially with the Blades being recovered. Even taking others with them, the people, not necessarily all of the Gods. Sartior screwed you in the end with the Peace Treaty. He took it too far and violated my directions. Hence why he can no longer have a champion on Tildar in the 6th age and beyond.

I leveled a population limit on him and a minimum population to get a champion again. He did not care. He moved 90% of the remaining neutrals away through the planes when they became open again. After getting what he wanted from Dragon's Heart. The millenniums of being boxed in by his own decisions he resented.

On this one world anyway. Eldar's efforts to help the Elven people may give them the means to escape this world. This will give Corellon all of the remaining Moon Blades created in the 5th Era. The others were disintegrated, destroyed by the Gods themselves, consumed by magma, or sent to another plain. As a non-Greater Relic, they are lost to him in this world, because of Ancient Magic, for now anyway.

Only if he gets his hands on a trove of relics could he hope to negotiate for the restoral of 1-2 of the lost blades not on this world currently. A very remote possibility. It is still only a small chance of success but he just cleared a major obstacle. His champion just gave him a chance he has not had before. To be able to have his Elves move about as your Dragons can to different worlds."

---

The Lady of Dreams looked to Corellon who only smiled at her when he returned, "That chance for a Utopia, still exists now. Eldar got us our Elven Relics we needed without even knowing it. That just leaves keeping them and getting access to Draconic Magic. We have it in those bloodlines. Some more than others, but Eldar was the right call. This is just between us. As long as we exist with oversight of Elves in this world."

---

There was a long silence as they discussed this mentally. About how much this information was worth. Then the Silver Dragon Queen received a message, "The other 2 cannot hear me. There are 3 dead ones and you hold the 4th. Those exist in the Royal vault. Remove them yourself without the Council's permission. This is arranged between the Gods and this is my direction to you."

She thought to the other 2 who were younger brothers of hers, "I can make this work but we need to keep this request to just the 3 of us. I have one of them myself. An active Blade in my horde. I selected it when I won my coming of age year group tournament. It fell into Dragon's hands in the 5th age. That is all you need to know as it helps to appease this Champion."

---

They finally returned from their mental conversation. The lady spoke again, "This is an idea with some merit to it. As it simply returns something to their originating people. Especially legendary weapons such as Moon Blades. It is an idea we could see coming from the Knight Champion of Corellon Larethian. This attempt will take you to 7 blades?"

Eldar smiled, "No, if everything goes as planned, we will bring 3 of 4 dormant ones to new owners in the houses they belong to. Those Blades will be more powerful than the dead ones. We know one dormant is missing and 14 are either broken, dead, or destroyed. My sword provided me the information on counts.

Dead and destroyed are impossible to track except for one. The one destroyed 9,000 years ago was owned by a member of the royal family. The destruction occurred because of a retributive strike. It was an epic event the sword knows even though the exact war is lost to elven history."

They once again appeared to be chatting mentally. The elven Queen thought to them, "The strike that turned the tide in the Dragon Underdark War! This is even more doable now."

The lady spoke again, "We knew of one destroyed 9,000 years ago. The destruction of that sword helped turn the tide in the Dragon Wars. We will put your idea forward to the Council. It was also a noble deed. Is one of the dead ones being activated being done so by a member of the royal family?"

Eldar nodded, "I gave the King and Queen first right of refusal on a long sword."

She looked at Eldar, "Did you ask for something in return?"

Eldar smiled, "Sort of, the King had already agreed to give us the spoils from the spy's room. She held those swords. I had asked about getting armor for my group of 12. He was on the fence about that idea. That was when I brought up the dead Moon Blade long sword.

The fact the royal family had one which was destroyed in battle. We were going to try and reactivate them. We also wanted to ensure they ended up in the hands of Elves who would use them to defend the elven people, not hang them on a wall.

Between our activity that brought down the spy network here and identified the four other spies, 2 in each kingdom. We gave the blade over to a member of the royal house earlier today. They gave us the armor. We could have gotten twice as much from a collector, if not a lot more.

Once I learned of the destroyed blade, I was sure I could restore a little history to the royal family, and protect my people in the combat to come. To be honest, I also told the King this, if they had given us the armor upfront, I would have given them the sword outright instead of using it to bargain with them. I don't consider them bargaining chips. My leaders needed better armor for what you know and we know we will be facing."

She looked at Eldar, "Why Gray Blades?"

Eldar smiled, "Symbolic in many ways. We stand between the light and dark so long as we do not move darkness cannot advance. Second, the color of the moon with Corellon Larethian and Sehanine Moonbow symbols are of the moon.