Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 01 Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Now before you say this cannot be done let me give you another observation. The Gold Elf Lieutenant that was banging you from behind last night and shot his seed into you while shoving his thumb into your nether-hole left you a little something. Infertility items are failing and some are causing an increase in the fertility of the population. His cock ring failed last night and you are with child.

I know you won't trust my cleric to confirm this so please check with your own. Once you have and you come to understand the danger you are now in, you will want to get the wagon and get my team moved. You will get a guard detail at that point. Not the dredge of snapping turtles you have in place right now to try and make my life miserable.

Once you have done those things, I will hand you the key to saving your life, your marriage, and your child. I cannot do much for your career as a Royal Guard Captain as you will be placed inactive as soon as you reach one year into your pregnancy.

Then the string of children you will have over the next century will likely keep you from returning. So, instruct your turtles to behave, go check on your upcoming children, then get the wagon here for my wife and get her moved to the market. You will want my help to resolve your problem."

She backed away from him and went to talk with her men and then rode off. Annette looked at Eldar, "I thought that stopped?"

Eldar shook his head, "No it is just slower and more focused. There are things I see that I cannot change. Somethings I need Charlemagne with you to talk about. Because it is very cryptic and it is weighing heavily on me right now. Later when I can talk to you both."

They moved over to the new Guard snapping turtles. They seemed less hostile, "Are your troops ready to go? I do not wish to be accused of leaving you behind."

He smirked, "Yes we are ready to go and we heard about your trip through the gate the other day. I still find it hard to believe."

Eldar looked at him, "There are a lot of things you will find hard to believe, and as word spreads you will learn it is better to be on my good side than my bad side. Your Captain is getting that lesson today. She changed your orders, not to hinder us in our efforts until she returns."

He mocked Eldar, "How would you know what our orders are?"

Annette sighed, "Oh shit, you had to ask him that."

Eldar looked at the guard, "The same way I know you spent last night behind your barracks with a male prostitute. You managed to get most of his seed out of your nether-hole this morning. Your wash-up job on your cock is a different matter. You wiped your cock down well. But you still have shit on your sack and inner thighs from when you fucked him in his nether-hole.

He had not used a chamber pot recently. It would be a waste, except having more of you running around is not a good idea. It is a good thing you are infertile in the grand scheme of things you do not matter. T'suras Biana."

He rode forward and his comrade's stared at him in horror. They soon caught up and the snapping turtle was in the back of the procession. Annette asked, "Can you do that to anyone?"

Eldar shrugged his shoulders, "Only when I am forced to focus on them for a long period or they get my emotions to rise. Which is why it is a good thing our escorts up here are remaining quiet on our ride to the market and not drawing my focus."

He heard a sigh from either side of them as they moved forward. They got to the market and he looked at the guard, "We will likely be here all day. We have another who will be coming in before midday. You will stay with me as I will be in and out of the city gates this morning working on evaluating casters outside of the city walls."

The first group of people seemed to be about 80. Eldar pulled up, "T'suras Vita. I will make the assumption you might be waiting to see me."

He got a few laughs. Eldar smiled, "Good, a sense of humor is important because you got to find some good times to draw upon when the day is not so good. Before we get started. Everyone here who is interested must be aware.

You could be reporting to an Elf, an Elf-blooded, a Human, a Dwarf, or several other countless races. If you have an issue with that then you are in the wrong place. Second, if you are a tradesman of any kind please head up to the first wagon. If you are an Arcane of any kind please head up to the first wagon. The rest remain here as our martial and ranged experts will be working with you.

Annette is one of my wives, the other is sick today. We are running a man down as Annette is the town administrator working business aspects. The other Arcane officer I have will not be here until the afternoon. One last thing, if you are here because of a special invitation from me? Meet me at the first wagon. T'suras Biana."

He headed up front and Annette followed.

He looked at the group, "T'suras Vita." As he got down. "Arcanes to the left, business people to my right, special invitations in the middle. I would like to start with those that have a special invitation. I put forward a couple of positions that I do not have faces for yet."

He pulled out a book quill and ink and handed them to Annette.

"Annette is our town administrator. She will be the one to coordinate protection for laborers, work with the surveyors, craftsmen, and initial supplies to get this town up and running. We got a little surprise yesterday from the Queen, our charter has been modified from 200 to 600 troops.

This town will be growing fast. A lot faster than I had planned for. Let us get started, Special invitations. The people I know you can wait over there. On the other side of the Arcane at the moment, Sir you are?"

He looked at Eldar, "Master Craftsman Greentree, I was told about you and intrigued about being your Town Planner. Like yourself, I am of mixed blood."

Eldar nodded to him, "Welcome, I take it your interview of us went well then. Any relation to the stable owner?"

He nodded, "Distant relative. First time I have been asked to interview a client. Yes, I am looking forward to this."

Eldar nodded, "You will be working directly with Annette and she can outline the map and projects we will be starting with as well as what limited resources we have been allowed to bring to the front. A pleasure to have you with us. I am glad to be putting the face, to the name, and the position. What were your thoughts on our little discussion yesterday?"

Greentree shrugged, "You are a little long-winded but you had a lot to tell and a few to recognize. I like that you do public recognition."

Eldar smiled, "More of that will come just not at the Academy."

He got a few chuckles. "Alright, this is for those that are here at the moment. I do my best not to publicly criticize anyone. Unless the message that must be sent needs to be sent to all. You, sir, weren't on my special list but had I known you would be here, I would have had you on it.

Everyone, this is a veteran of the last war and a merchant now. He may have a thing or two to say about what we will face so consider him sagely in advice. Your business is?"

He grinned at Eldar, "I am a blacksmith, I own my own business in the city for the last 40 years."

Eldar smiled, "You are in luck because we are looking for a blacksmith or 5. We hold a couple of those in reserve for our dwarven allies as we have yet to talk with them directly. Are you able to finance your move? Do you have all of your equipment?"

He nodded, "I have 4 apprentices the problem I see is getting wood."

Eldar shook his head, "That has already been worked out. Our Wood Elf neighbors are going to collect firewood for the campsites that will be easily addressed. The reason behind this is everyone is lazy when it comes to firewood. We look for stuff close by. Wood Elves work to protect the balance.

They will bring in stuff from deeper in the woods to the town and no firewood will be collected independently. Does that help?"

He nodded, "Building materials?"

Eldar smiled, "I am glad you asked. The Wood Elves will be collecting saplings for sale. For every tree we take down we will be planting 5 on the human side of the border to rebuild the forest that has been lost over the last 200 years. The Elven side of the town is 40 square miles. Only half of that will be built on. The rest will be a town green space for safety to visit without getting shot.

Speaking of which if you see an arrow land at your feet pick it up and hold it in your weapon hand. For most that would be the right hand; I am ambidextrous which makes me especially complicated. I am known to both Wood Elf villages in the area. I was born in one and my wives grew up in the other. Please see Annette in the back and she will try and address your concerns.

Fair warning! The only ones allowed to hunt on caravan patrols are Gray Blades. Poaching is a year of hard labor; unless you kill or try to kill someone then it would be a death sentence on the spot before we would even know about it.

Best bet, unless you have a legitimate reason and have been given permission, stay out of the woods. The same rules apply. Taking down a tree that has not been approved will earn you jail time."

He pointed to another man he replied, "I am an alchemist."

Eldar nodded, "You know that infertility potions will be outlawed shortly. They are prohibited items in the City. The goddess has been very particular. Every female officer we have is expecting; twins! One is expecting triplets. Our Doc came across an Elf-blooded lady who had the misfortune of getting a lover with one of those potions.

She is expecting quadruplets; two sets of twins. Several of those have happened in the city since we arrived. I expect that will continue. The only safe sex is to already be pregnant or infertile. Go see Annette at the back of the wagon, do you have the money to start your business?"

He shook his head, "Then tell Annette we have our first Gray Blade staff Alchemist. Until you have the lion's share of the money and then I will back you until you can pay me back. You will be part of our support staff so healing potions are going to be a big item and I think the others will come up with some ideas for you."

That got a couple of laughs. The next man stepped forward, "I work lumber and sawmills."

Eldar nodded, "All trees will be selected by the Wood Elves except where buildings have to go and have to be cleared to allow for it. However, a sawmill with double blades is one of the first things being built by Captain Tranosa. There will be a cost for his services for those needing the mill to work a tree into boards or beams. Speak to him. He can fill you in on the details as he will be looking for staff."

New Moon stepped forward, "Any Blade Singers beside myself?" Silence. "Alright then, you ready to spare with me, New Moon?"

He nodded and pulled out his sword and Eldar drew his sword left-handed. "Do you practice against left-handed fighters much?" He shook his head. "We will have to test you both ways...not many do. Whenever you're ready to start."

They stood there sparring for a good 10 minutes. He was not used to left-handed fighters; Eldar switched it up and went right-handed on the offensive and he did much better at blocking and he had good technique. Eldar held up a hand. He yelled out, "Tranosa, please come here. Tranosa You remember New Moon. Spare with him for a bit and let me know what you think. His fighting against left-handed opponents needs work, but that is true for just about everyone."

Eldar headed to the back to see if any more casters had shown up and to send them forward along with more tradesmen. He looked at the group of casters, "We are going outside of the city to see what you have. How many arcane archers?" He mounted up.

He saw 3 hands go up. Some faces he had seen before at the tournaments or in classes. He nodded, "This year's class?" They all nodded. "Good, let me check on where things are at."

He swung by to see Annette. "How are things going?"

She looked at him, "The blacksmith likes the location next to the barn and stables when I told him how big it was, he just smiled."

Eldar looked at her, "Good. I hope he is good at making other things. Like hinges and stuff as well. How is our planner doing?"

She nodded. "He makes all kinds of things. Greentree looked things over, you are going to need a lot more laborers to start, another 200."

Eldar groaned, "See how soon can we get them? If we have to send a team back to get them, we will. We have 100 a day after tomorrow. First things are corrals and fenced-in areas for horses to graze until we get the farmers in. I want 24 20-acre lots cleared of rock and ready for plowing; with access roads between the farms. I want these farmers to be drooling to come here because they are running off of 2 usable acres.

I want the carpenters to start to fix that barn RIGHT away. I want to get a grain mill here. Not a first-line item. The massive inn will be a big priority. I want it done right but quickly as it can hold a lot of people while we get other housing built. Once the inn is up, the next would be the general store. We split the inn crew with housing and then the general store.

We can run most supplies from a wagon for now. We can store some in the barn once it is ready. Greentree will need to work with Annette to visit our neighboring Wood Elves and to find out if their craftsmen want in on the projects; they should get the first shot. They are local and have a place to live. I have to grab more casters, I will send more business people your way if I see them, no trappers, anyone wanting to work lumber needs to talk with Tranosa."

Eldar headed to the back of the wagon train, "Any merchants go to the end of the first wagon, any arcane casters, of any type come up to the front of the first wagon. He looked at Keyno, "I have three arcane archers here. Check them out on horseback and pull a few of our riding horses from the stables if you would. Speak with Annette and the city planner. They can help with finding apprentice leather workers."

She smiled, "Thank you for letting me know. Extra hands would be useful if we have to make many."

Eldar nodded, "While those are the highest priority, they are not the only equipment we will need; regular saddles, tack, and harnesses, special orders...who knows."

Keyno nodded and headed off. Eldar headed back up front, "All the casters please follow me."

He looked at the guards, "We are taking casters just outside the city for evaluation."

His Royal Guard escort signaled them to open the gate. He rode out and looked for a downed tree nearby. He found one and he started slicing targets with his sword. Some watched from the side of the road, "These targets are a good 30-40 pounds. Can I get 2 volunteers to join me to pull these wheels of wood out of the way?"

He set the targets out at different distances and placed them upright. "Alright! Show of hands, wizard to the right. Sorcerers to the left. The arcane archers will be back in a while. Sorcerers first. You have more spell power but are less useful in utility spells. Knowing your strengths and weaknesses helps to figure out the best position for you.

As well as a good mix of people to start you off with. No patrol will have 2 arcane casters unless a lieutenant, captain, or myself is on the patrol. That is correct, I do not sit behind a desk. My wife Charlemagne will be overseeing training and the town garrison. While still catching the occasional patrol.

I will be working on patrols and special assignments. I will stay with a patrol long enough to try and get a feel if the mix is working. I will switch when patrols cross paths unless I need more time to look at something or I have another destination. I will start each day with a different patrol and I will not be alone as I will have two apprentices Blade Singers with me in the field.

They are my responsibility but security is everyone's responsibility. Sorcerers, hands up if you are primarily fire. Step forward, most powerful fire-based spell and range you can cast it." He got 4 fireballs, range unknown.

Eldar got on my horse, "I will move down the road and get my horse out of the line of fire. You are A, B, C, and D. I am looking for accuracy and distance one spell only. Your target will be me."

He rode out a good 600 feet away and could just see the waists of the recruits. The road was wide enough. He pulled the horse out of the way. He held up his sword, 'A' hit the dirt at 400 feet and exploded. He waved the sword. 'B' was off slightly to the right but got out 450 feet. Signaled 'C'. He shot in a straight line but it went 700 feet but a good 50 feet in the air. Signaled D.

That one landed fifty feet in front of him, 550 feet. He rode back up to the group. "A and B range is around 400-feet fairly straight. 'D' your range is around 550 feet. 'C' you had the greatest range but was the least accurate. Is there a reason?"

The Gold Elf smiled, "I did not want to hurt you."

Eldar asked him, "What other fire spells do you know, scorcher?"

He nodded. He moved out about 30 feet down the road, "Hit me with it."

He did and Eldar walked straight up to him as it went off. Eldar smiled, "You got another one of those fireballs left?"

He nodded. "I will head out to 700 feet and see if you can hit me." He rode out to 800 feet to leave T'suras. He came back to 700 feet.

He waved and his spell stopped about 6 inches in front of him and exploded. He went back to the group, "Are you a graduate or getting ready to graduate?"

He looks at Eldar, "Graduate but not the Academy, last year."

Eldar looked at him, "Where have you been practicing?"

He smiled, "Caravan patrols."

Eldar nodded, "You know something about mixed group dynamics, you were not all casters."

He nodded, "We were mixed."

Eldar smiled, "Now mister 699 feet and 6 inches..." That got a laugh. "I want you over here 'C' is at a 1, 'D' is at a 2. 'A and B from the first round are at 4. I am lining you up for evaluation by my battle mage after the mid-day meal. Please remember your number. Stop back down here at the first wagon, except you, 'C'. I want you to stick around for a bit. Something I neglected to mention, I do not knowingly put anyone in danger for training, especially myself."

That got a chuckle. "I asked you to cast a spell at me, I can either take it or am prepared to counter it in some fashion. I did not like him throwing over my head, but I did like him thinking of my safety. Both of those things are good. Because if I am in a group with him and not mounted, he knows he can lay a fireball right on me. Anything around me will be ash. My being there does not impede his ability; strengths and weaknesses. I would like your name 'C'"

He smiled, "They call me Blaze."

He looked at the Gold Elf, "No family name?"

Blaze shook his head, "Not one I would care to use."

Eldar nodded. "We will talk later. Be back for the second round. I want you back tomorrow morning as well."

He nodded. "Now the 2 sorcerers that are left. What is your specialization, cold, electric? Cold caster cold spell?"

One nodded, "Ice storm." Eldar nodded, "Alright. This will have to be a very precise casting then. You can see the scorch mark for the 699 feet; that is your target, the center of it you have one giant throwing boulders at you. Now cast your spell."

He casts his spell. Eldar got up on his horse and rode out to check the damage, "Let me see how you did here." He got the line right, his range would put it on the giant's ammo pile.

He waved him forward; he got to Eldar. "That is a 30-foot circle, and you can see where the water is now; you missed the giant, but his ammo is frozen."

He chuckled. "Right now, I want you in as a 2, subject to change. Because you are an ice specialist, I want you to hang around for a bit while I work with the wizards, so how many wizards planned to dazzle me with a fireball today? All four of them; Alright, let us start there, you can see the markers on the ground if you can hit 700 feet and raise your hand." No hands. "Six-hundred?" No hands. "Five hundred?" He got four hands. He had them cast at the existing scorch mark.