Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 02 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She laughed at that. "Young enough to still have fun but old enough not to have to worry about having more children. Seven with Tiger was enough. I have 16 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren. My sword being passed on is in good hands. Thanks to your father. He saved my life and my family sword. Brought me back to Tiger, Keyno, and Moon Ray."

Brannar nodded, "He talked with me once about how all the swords returned to do the rituals. I know because of his journal how he got some of those swords. Some of his visions seemed off the wall until I had one of my own leading me to the sword. Then the Lady of Dreams came. She spoke with Doc and I. Only then did I claim the blade."

She smiled, "What about you and Silver Rose?"

Brannar shrugged, "She held me down so I would get some rest."

She laughed, "That was only partially true. She said you gave her the option. She still likes you. Girl talk. She is just afraid of how she hurt you."

Brannar smiled at her, "That makes two of us. When we go back, I want to take her along."

She smiled, "I think we should bring both lieutenants back with us."

Brannar sighed, "Four of us and all of the horses, or do we have a base here?"

She shrugged. "Good question. We should at least take our two back for now. Leave the other here until they decide."

Brannar pulled out his crystal to his sister, "Anything new on your end?"

She laughed, "Brother is still here but a little miffed by what is going on. At you and them so give him a couple of days."

Brannar smiled, "We are considering bringing back our two elven horses but I want to keep the saddles with us for the local horses we will be occasionally riding when on shore if we do."

She sighed, "All of them?"

Brannar smiled, "At least five out of the seven, the Four officers and our Cleric."

She laughed, "Hang onto them. My talk with the Queen, it sounds like you are building up to something out there."

Brannar smiled. "Yes, when you speak with her if she has not heard from us, we made contact with one of their warships. They made contact with the local Warlord and we are being escorted into the harbor in the next day or two."

She smirked, "So have you gotten laid yet?"

Brannar smiled, "You pregnant yet?"

She laughed, "Alright, I will not bother you about that but have you met someone interesting?"

Brannar smiled, "An elf-blooded Paladin, Silver Rose."

She groaned, "A paladin? You know how uptight they can be about sex?"

Brannar smiled, "You will have to ask her about that yourself when we bring the Elven War Horses back. You saw her at the Palace. I think Silver Moon mare is with foal again. Else the daily doses of seed Zea'Trans gave her have not taken."

Zaria laughed, "That pretty elf-blooded is a paladin? I would not have guessed that. Take some advice from your horse. Get LAID!"

Brannar disconnected the crystal. Silver Moon looked at him, "Some of the Warlords will want you to sleep with their daughters to try and get the magical genetics. They will be insulted if you do not. You will have plenty of opportunities to get laid."

Brannar looked at her, "Your kidding, right?"

She shook her head. Brannar headed below deck and told her flatly, "Let me know when we get closer."

Brannar saw Silver Rose coming up behind him and invited her inside. He went and sat on his bunk with his hands over his eyes.

Silver Rose walked over to him, "What is wrong."

Brannar looked at her, "I was just informed that the local Warlords will want me to sleep with their daughters. Trying to get the magical genetics. If I do that, I will have dozens of illegitimate children. So far all of the males in my family produce twins; EVERY time. A gift from my father. The females are more hit and miss. My father had 32 with another 12 on the way.

We know of 2 dead on this trip and my brother at birth and another 6 during the war. I am going to be treated like a breeding stud. I can only marry for love based on our religious beliefs. Multiple spouses are encouraged but not required."

She looked at Brannar, "You can turn them down."

Brannar nodded, "Silver Moon just informed me that would be an insult. Bad for diplomacy. Go talk with her about it. I am going to get some sleep before being put out to stud apparently."

She slid in behind him, "Not what you want?"

Brannar sighed, "Not my plan. Since when does what I want matter?"

She hugged him, "It matters."

Brannar turned toward her. "I did not want my mother and brother to die to become this. I did not want to be raised in relative isolation. I did not want to be a Knight in the order. I am alright with the court, I earned that in the field. I did not want to be at odds with the Dragons, or Jarron. I did not want to go chasing after 6 missing siblings that could be dead already.

Besides my magic, the one other thing I pursued ended up in another man's arms. What I want does not matter. I am to become part of the Silvertree stud service in this part of the world. Spreading seed everywhere appears to have been a part of Silver Moon's plan from the beginning."

She looked at Brannar, "I am sorry about hurting you."

He held up a hand, "The situation was bad. I do not blame you. I cannot afford to blame Sutter because we need each other. Silver Moon is in lust if not love with him. The two of us have to work to resolve this issue for the Queen. I have no idea where we stand.

With this news, I will not pursue you if I am going to be forced into other beds. I do not see a way forward where what I want matters. You figure out a way, let me know. The one person who knows the culture is Silver Moon. Let me get some rest and you talk to her. Girl talk."

She laughed, "She used that term?"

Brannar nodded. "That's what she said when she told me you still liked me. It was 'girl talk.' She was trying to help me right up until she blasted me with the 'Oh I am going to stud you out' news."

She looked upset, "Get some rest, I am going to talk with her."

---

Silver Moon's sword kept going back and forth. "Danger, now it's gone. Danger, no it's gone again."

She Saw Silver Rose approaching and she looked pissed. "You are planning on breeding Brannar out like a prized stallion?"

Silver Moon sighed, "The culture out here is very different in that regard. I told him it would be bad for diplomacy and make it harder to get things done if not impossible."

She glared, "Did you tell him about this before he agreed to come on this mission? After he did and your 'plan' for him? Does Jarron and the Elven Queen know of this fact?"

She sighed, "No to all of the above. I did not think he would have an issue with it. He is unattached and he was in a rage when the mission started and I was not about to add to that fire at that point. I figured I'd address it when we got closer and he had time to calm down."

Silver Rose looked at her, "If he were married?"

She sighed, "The warlords would not care, they would still want his services."

She looked at Silver Moon, "If this were asked of you, would you do it? With a warlord or his son?"

Silver Moon stepped back and sat on the deck of the ship, "I did once. I had an elf-blooded child with a warlord. He was displeased it was a girl and blamed me for that. The day after I gave birth she was gone. I found out he sold her to a slaver as a 'female abomination.'

I killed him, his guards, and anyone that attempted to get in my way. I never found the slaver. The son of his who was the general of his army was engaged in a war. He became the new warlord and I joined up with the warlord he was fighting against. I killed hundreds of his men before getting him in front of me on the battlefield.

I wasted no time and disintegrated his ass on the battlefield. The other men in his command surrendered. Most officers were killed. The one thing I insisted on, no slavery. I ended that warlord's line. I was knighted in the other warlord's court. He never knew my reasons for joining him. Just that I was highly skilled.

I tried to scrying for her over the years. First in the days that followed. She was likely already dead and fed to an exotic animal or something. Tiger and Keyno were some of the ones I saved along the way and I fell in love with Tiger. I sent him to the elven lands. Eldar, Brannar's father, helped me get back to them. I was about 20 years older than Brannar is now. I have never told that story to anyone. Consider it girl talk."

Silver Rose looked at her, "Like the girl talk we shared and you shared with Brannar?"

She groaned out, "I was trying to let him know you still cared for him. I was not trying to violate your trust."

Silver Moon looked over, "I still think this breeding him without talking to him about it was underhanded. I hope he refuses; diplomacy be damned."

Silver Moon sighed, "I understand why you are saying that. You love him. Even if you do not realize it, you do. If he refuses it will make it that much harder to complete this mission. I don't have a good answer for a way around it.

Even if he left now, they would request he return to conduct diplomacy as he has already started by going to that ship and contacting the local warlord. His battle prowess is known and will only drive up that demand."

Silver Rose looked at her, "It is still wrong. I will keep your story to myself. But it is still wrong of you to make that assumption."

Silver Rose walked off and Silver Moon sighed, "Fucking up as a leader yet again."

---

A few hours later Silver Moon shook Brannar awake, "You had to tell her I told you about our girl talk?"

He looked at her, "You did not tell me it was some big secret! What would I know about 'Girl talk!?'"

She grunted. "We are approaching the harbor. She was not happy with my answers because she asked the 'what if you were married' question. I told her the local culture would not care."

Brannar smirked, "Which is why I told her I could not pursue her. I could not put her through that. I do not want to go through that. Did childbirth make you infertile or is this just an age thing?"

She looked at him, "Age why?"

Brannar smiled, "Stay away from my father's Silvertree males they are still kicking out twins. If you are not infertile from delivery then you could still get filled. I thought about returning to the elven Kingdom and staying. That would not solve the lich problem."

She laughed, "Thank you for the warning. I need you out here, remember. I brought that up as well. As soon as you gave them your papers, they would want you back for that purpose or it would still ruin our diplomatic chances of getting things done out here in any timely manner."

He then added in as he was pissed at her for her games, "Not the way Sutter fills you regardless."

He caught an elbow in the ribs for that comment. "Speaking of him, His group will need a name. We know the Paladins and Cleric are Order of the Rose. We get two ships, I think you should take them all with you."

She looked at Brannar, "Why?"

Brannar looked at her, "It is painful enough. Her religious convictions, my moral compass, and this culture will not work for me having a relationship with her or anyone. I will be forced BY YOU to stud half-elves throughout this region in the name of diplomacy."

She sighed, "We will talk about that later. Our guys have already dropped sails."

Brannar looked at her, "We need to be on the other ship to get our two horses."

She nodded. He studied spells quickly and joined her on deck. Silver Moon thought to herself, 'I am not winning any favor with him right now. If I knew of another way, I would consider it. Right now, for the mission and timeline, this is the only solution I can see. His comment will create issues with his sword and potentially the gods. Fuck I am no good at this.'

They flew over to the other ship as it pulled in and went below deck and saddled up the horses. He opened the stall. They rode out onto the deck and jumped out onto the dock. They waited for the ships to get docked and the Captain came down, "Could not wait to get on your horses?"

Brannar smiled, "I did not want your people getting hurt by trying to take them out of the cargo hold. These two are War Horses. They will fight and kill. We got inspected in transit."

He laughed, "I saw you bring them over. I can imagine the shock that must have been on their faces when you showed up like that."

Brannar looked at him, "They knew we were coming. What should we expect? They were contacting the local Warlord and they were working on locating my brother."

He sighed, "This is a Royal dock. I would expect some high-ranking people."

They moved forward on the dock as the rest of the horses were brought out.

They rode down in a column of two. He saw his brother standing next to someone who looked important. He looked back, Wait here a moment."

Silver Moon looked at Brannar, "Why have them wait?"

Brannar smiled, "Because these two can bow."

She looked at him, "Good call just remember to bow your head as well. Those are the markings of a Warlord."

Brannar winked at her and they got to the end of the dock.

They call out "Kata (bow)," after they stop their horses and they bow their heads. Then they called out "Ota (up)." Brannar's brother Valita looked suitably impressed. They both dismount and handed their papers to a little man who came forward. He then translated them to the man behind him. Then he read their diplomatic status to them. He came back over and gave the documents back.

Valita stepped forward and hugged Brannar as he asked, "You heard from home in the last few months?"

Valita whispered, "No. I have been under a comms blackout. Crystal stored in a bag awaiting your arrival it appears. Silver Moon was mentioned but you are a surprise."

Brannar pulled back his cloak and showed the sword, "You need to come back with us to show your respects. Then help us here. We hope to travel back soon. LOTS to discuss."

Brannar silently fumed that information was still not being passed. At least in this case.

He stepped over and hugged Silver Moon and then stood beside Brannar. The Warlord introduces himself, "I am the ruler of this province. Warlord Sun Bytro."

Brannar nodded and spoke in the local dialect, "Good to meet you Warlord Sun."

He smiled that Brannar at least knew the family name came first with his people and knew their language.

Warlord Sun asked, "So, how many to capture this vessel?"

Brannar smiled, "Two went over, Silver Moon and myself."

He looked at Brannar, "How?"

Brannar looked to his brother, "Have you not told him stories of Blade Singer and Battle Mages brother?"

Valita smiled, "Yes I have, they just seem outlandish to them."

Branar looked at the Warlord, "Would you care for a demonstration?"

He seemed amused. Brannar looked at his guards, "I will not attack you even when you see weapons in my hand." He shook his left hand and called forth his Staff.

"Karti'Ros Moon Fire Right hand."

He stepped to the other side of his brother. "You might want to move next to Silver Moon for this."

Valita moved over. Brannar focused on his energy until he had electricity sparking around him. He flew straight up in the air. Brannar cast chain lightning, fireball, and then repeated them. He floated back down and sheathed and stored his weapons.

"My papers call out the incident with the dwarves. I only threw those 4 spells, it destroyed 800 feet of forest along with the 182 of our enemy."

Brannar pointed to the ship, "I used lightning on the undead to not damage the ship as badly. While Silver Moon kept the 'Ship Captain' occupied. Then we incinerated him. I found evidence he was involved in the disappearance of my 6-sibling coming this way. I know 2 are dead. I do not know the status of the other 4 but may have an idea where they were taken. Is there a place where we can talk in private? We have much to discuss. I hope."

Brannar said that last part with a bit of amusement that was not lost on the Warlord.

He got into his carriage device and Valita looked at Brannar, "Nice display. You impressed with that. You are sure to get laid by the Warlord's daughters. We will follow him to his keep and they will stable your horses."

Brannar smiled, "We will stable these two or have you forgotten. I am not out to get laid by the warlord's daughters."

He nodded, "Elven War Horses. Why not?"

Brannar sighed, "Marriage is for love and I had no plans for bastard children."

Brannar got back up and waved the others forward, "Do we have a place to stay with everyone?"

Valita looked at the team, "I have a place the Warlord lets me use. It will work. It is not far. You and Silver Moon follow the Warlord. I will take them to my place, Meet you there brother."

Silver Moon and Brannar followed the entourage, "You handle the stable boys to keep them from getting hurt."

She smiled, "Not an issue." They arrived at his Palace-like estate and they found a stall for their horses. They got them brushed down and gear stored and headed inside. They were taken into a courtyard which had a big banquette setup. Brannar looked at Silver Moon and spoke in elven, "We did not just walk into a Royal gathering of some sort they did this for us?"

She nodded at him. He sighed. They were shown to a place of honor.

A man came over and bowed to Silver Moon. "Dame Silver Moon. I am from the Chan province where you received your Knighthood from my great-great-great-grandfather. Warlord Sun was kind enough to let me see you while I am here. We are glad you have returned Dancer of Blades and I heard you brought a Storm Born with you who is also a Knight. Captured a pirate ship. Very impressive for two to do. Do you have a name your troops call you?"

Brannar looked at him, "The dwarves started calling me Storm Wraith. The name was adopted by the Elven Royal Court and then the soldiers I worked with."

He smiled, "You must have been the one who lit up the harbor sky."

Brannar nodded, "A demonstration."

He smiled, "You will be very popular around here!"

Brannar smiled and glared at Silver Moon, "You knew this would happen before we even left."

She smiled, "I knew it was very likely." She paused as the glare continued. "Alright, I knew it would happen. Given the Silvertree prowess, I did not think you would mind."

He looked at her, "Yeah my father's views on illegitimate children were not a big enough clue for you. I think your age is affecting your mind."

She glared at him as he checked his food for poison.

She looked at Brannar, "It is rude to do that here."

Brannar looked at her, "My mother, my father had how many attempts? Rude or not, I have my reasons."

She leaned over to Warlord Sun and explained, "He is cautious. He has suffered the loss of family from being poisoned. He checks everything."

Their host nodded in understanding. Brannar heard the familiar strings of his brother playing and singing an elven battle hymn but so slow it would put you to sleep. The crowds seemed to enjoy it.

Brannar looked at his brother, "Can I make a request?" He nodded. "The same song as it would be done on the battlefield."

He laughed and played it again with much more vigor and flare. The audience was caught off guard but the Warlord seems to like it.

He looked at Brannar, "What is the song about?"

Brannar smiled, "It was about a battle in which my father had a vision. He led 80 men and women to attack an advancing horde. They killed hundreds on the field. It was after that battle he became a Duke and a Field Marshal with our allies reporting to him when war erupted 40 years later. Silver Moon worked for him then."

The Warlord looked at her, "You two look the same age?"

Brannar smiled but said nothing. Silver Moon looked at him, "I have lived a few centuries so far. While he has not yet completed his first. Our people are not considered adults until they are seventy-five."

1...1213141516...19