Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 05 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They killed at least 20 in this Duchy and so many more in the city. The drow killed all of the elders in House Silvertree and the children in the estate. He got the drow champion who sent the assassins. He never even saw her face but managed to kill her."

She looked at Jarronus, "How?"

Jarronus looked at her, "The Queen of the Silver Dragons that was living here at that time. She had the ability to teleport to the end of a crystal she could communicate through. She knew how to do this but she could also send a circle of stuff to the other end. He made a request of the dwarves which they granted him. 20 barrels of dwarven explosives, 10 on top of 10 barrels.

He could activate their communication crystals, he could break any encryption. Anyway, he opened the crystal with the Dragon Queen's hand on it and held her hand. She sent the barrels to the other end as he requested. A foot off the ground with impact timers.

That killed 80,000 drow and shut down the threat of a drow attack on that side of the kingdom. It collapsed several levels of tunnels. The Dwarven King was so happy he told his accountants not to charge him for the explosives."

She laughed, "How do you know all of this?"

He walked out and pulled the journal and held it up as he walked back in, "Goes all the way back to Eldar and his son. Every blade wielder was responsible for editing the previous wielders journal and adding it to this one. The historical stuff mostly. There is some colorful stuff in here as well."

She smiled, "Can I see it?"

He shook his head, "No. Only my wives and children. The section on sex at the end of the book was educational to several champions. This set of twenty pages is the entries in here since Jazzia. 1,000 years and it fits into twenty pages. A couple said they were born, they took up the sword, and they died. That was the extent of their historical achievement.

Brannar had more than double that and he lived less than a year with the blade. He was a Duke, Admiral, revealed the danger that was going on within the Dragon Kingdom, forged the alliance with the metallics, and recovered the Eternal Forge. He had one hell of a year."

She nodded, "So who do you admire the most?"

He smiled. "That question was asked of one of the champions once. The answer was Jarron Silverleaf. I am named after him. Jazzia was the one who asked if I remember correctly or the Knight Paladin. I do not remember which one said it but Jazzia named her choice for the next and eventual Blade wielder Jarrus in honor of the man.

My mother wanted that level of greatness again for my family and named me after him in the hopes it would save my house from extinction. She died a little every day after I picked up the sword. She said the Lady of Dreams put it in my hands but that is not true.

She might have been watching and helped me to locate its hiding place. I read the books as she left them out on her nightstand. The bag fell to the floor from behind her headboard as I sat there reading it all. I crawled under and opened the bag. I knew what it was, but I drew the sword knowing the risks. Even as a child of 14 years.

She could have influenced me but I knew I was the last and the sword belonged to me. If it killed me then it killed the house. That is why the Gods want me to have four wives. To rebuild my house."

Jarronus looked at Golden Bow. "I will give you 400,000 no strings attached to free you from the bitch."

She looked up at him, "Seriously?!"

He nodded, "I have more money than I would ever spend. One of the first things I did was get gear upgraded or added for this mission they will be sending me on. Even my students will be well protected and armed as will the elves I take with me.

I will also outfit my wives to be protected. Even if they are at home watching the children." He pulled out a small book and set it in front of the Aunt, "You have yet to tell me your name."

She looked at him, "Olivana Stormcloud. Yes, from that same line which is why I find my father's view of things so appalling. My nephew Jack Smith. His father's family was a group of human smiths. They both died and his family wanted nothing to do with him. My father has mellowed some, he has been teaching him some magic."

She read what he put in front of her, "House rules for House Silvertree?"

He nodded, "Approved by the Queen. That was what I proposed. She looked through it and her eyes went big, "You are giving that much money to each bride and child?"

He nodded, "Yes, the main trust will be solvent for 20,000+ heirs."

She read through it and smiled, "Someone like my sister who ran off to be an adventure would be cut-off for doing that."

He nodded, "But she would have a choice and anything she was already given would still be hers. What it affects after that is the children for all future generations and the ability to wield this sword on that branch. Give them enough to not have to make it a worry in life.

Yet stipulate they should lead a life of service not starting a business and focusing on making more money. Power and greed corrupt. I need to grow a house with as little corruption as possible."

He looked at the two enchanters, "You are not to discuss this with anyone. You will be traveling back to the city with me when I go. Moon Ray will be coming as well. I have to find at least one at the City Academy. I will be training a couple of dragons as well.

You will be working the shields and then training others some of the offensive spells from those books to deal with the dragons. They have to be maxed out tier nine casters to learn the mythic stuff. Mages with dragon blood in their veins."

He put the books away. He watched as the master Enchanter left. Golden Bow still sat there and looked at him, "Why would you do this?"

He looked at Jack, "Back through those doors are waterfalls. Go check it out."

He ran off to look. "Seal portal."

He looked at them, "Because I came here looking for students, enchanters, and 4 wives. I believe those ladies are in this room. I would do it for you regardless. Just because I could not live under that oppressive shrew. Family history lesson. An enchanter and a mother who would always be home.

Doing things back here in the elven kingdom. Two who travel with the champion. An arcane and a cleric to help watch their back and keep them from wandering into another bed. If the Gods did to me what they did to previous male champions, I will wear the four of you out with pleasure."

Brima sighed, "I sure hope so, yes I will marry you."

Mirama nodded rapidly, "I cannot wait to try out that monster."

Olivana looked at Jarronus, "I just met you, and what monster?"

He smiled, "I will go and talk to Jack and those two can tell you about their night. I still have 13 days to go."

He walked out while Brima got up and sat between the two of them. He looked at Jack, "What do you think?"

He smiled, "Reminds me of Silent Falls only smaller and with two falls."

He nodded, "Also has two caves off to the back with mats for quiet time or peaceful reflection."

He nodded, "It is nice. You like my Aunt?"

Jarronus smiled, "I am trying to find out if she likes me."

He nodded, "She stopped yelling at you as soon as she saw the holy symbol. She is a big believer in the Gods. I am not sure they exist."

Jarronus chuckled, "They exist. I have spoken to the Lady of Dreams and Corellon Larethian. This town, those villages, Silent Falls all exist because the Gods let Eldar save them and build this town. I do not care what she told you on the ride up. You do your best in there when I am evaluating you."

He nodded, "I think she will let me go to the Academy now after you asked her to cut off my hands. You made your point. I would like to be trained by you if I am good enough."

Jarronus smiled, "Watch your opponents and be honest with me, your instructors, and more importantly yourself. This is not about bragging, this is about skill. About survival."

Jack nodded, "I will do that."

Jarronus looked at him, "You have your spellbook?"

Jack shook his head, "She did not let me bring it."

He nodded and directed him back toward the door. He looked at Olivana, "I will take him to the Academy. You need to go and collect his spellbook for the evaluation."

She looked up red-faced and stared at his crotch. "Unseal portal." He got dressed as she ran for the portal.

Golden Bow looked at him, "I want to see what happens with this evaluation you do."

He nodded. They went outside and mounted up. He pulled Jack up in front of him. He rode them over to the Academy keeping pace with those walking. He got down and looked at the elf at the desk, "Proving ground. Olivana Stormcloud should be along in a moment. Please show her up as well."

He nodded. We went to the proving ground and he had 6 people here. All the ones rejected by the Academy or not allowed to attend.

He did his quick thing, "I am Master Trainer Silvertree. I am looking for three apprentices, Blade Singers. This is a 30-year-long program with a lifetime commitment. If this does not interest you then you are free to go."

Nobody moved, "The first part of testing is magical ability. If you do not have magical skills you can demonstrate then you are free to go. If you do bring me your spellbooks."

He was down to two students. The one brought him his spellbook which contained a poorly copied spell. Jarronus looked at the two of them. "Both of you hold your hands straight out in front of you."

As he suspected the one male had very shaky hands. He handed him his book, "You are free to go. Instructor Golden Bow please let the Magister know I am still waiting for the other 12 to arrive."

She left. A few minutes later she came back with Magister Golden Bow. She looked at him, "The others have strong talent in other disciplines of real magic."

He looked at her, "You wish to enter the field and test your real magic versus mine, or are you going to go and get the other 12 you gave me the records for now?"

She looked at Jarronus, "I do not like being threatened."

Jarronus nodded, "Let us continue this in your office."

They went up and he went to her desk. He grabbed the crystal to the Queen and activated it. She looked at him, "What are you doing?"

Jarronus looked at her, "Not threatening you. Your Majesty Knight, Champion Silvertree here. The Magister has failed to comply with my request to bring in the candidates. Instead, she is telling me all of the others already in the Academy have been tested and are pursuing 'real magic.'"

The Queen yelled, "She there?!"

He looked over, "Yes, Your Majesty?"

He heard the Queen about ready to spit fire, "My cousin with the previous Master Trainer and his trainer! His ancestors put a Moon Blade back into my family's hands! I am relieving you of your duties! Master Trainer get with whoever can help you. Hold onto that crystal. Magister I want to see you at the Palace in one minute!"

Jarronus looked at her, "I would not keep the Queen waiting."

She turned red and teleported out.

He took the circle back down to the man at the desk, "Get these 12 students to the proving ground in 15 minutes. The Magister was just relieved of her post!"

He looked wide-eyed at Jarronus. He then ran off with the files. Jarronus went back to the proving ground. He saw them waiting and Jarronus grabbed Jack's spellbook. He saw he had one tier three spell in his book. "Can you cast this tier-three yet?"

He shook his head, "Not yet but getting close."

Jarronus nodded. "Cast up your favorite defensive spell in memory." He cast up a blur.

He looked at him, "Why that one?"

He looked at Jarronus, "It is constant for the duration, and then I could cast up mirror image if need be."

He nodded, "Acceptable answer."

He looked at instructor Golden Bow, "The Magister is now at the Palace after having been removed from her position."

She looked at him wide-eyed, "She will want me to leave with her."

He shrugged, "Up to you."

He pulled open the crystal, "Your Majesty, has the Magister arrived?"

He heard the Queen respond, "Yes. She is just walking into my audience chamber now."

He looked at the crystal, "One of two enchanters I found here who have the potential ability for this enchantment project is instructor Golden Bow. She has expressed some concerns. If she tries and works for me and thereby you on this project, she will face repercussions.

The Magister would try to pry her away by denying her trust fund of 400,000 gold pieces. The Magister has held a tight leash over it in order to control her activities for many years. Even to the point of trying to force her into a loveless marriage to a 'proper gold elf' household.

I thought that the last part was illegal? I would also think a trust fund on an active instructor capable of tier 9 spells would seem odd. Trust funds are normally released when they become adults. I thought you might wish to inquire about those things for her."

The Queen chuckled, "The Magister will release her funds immediately. She is in serious jeopardy of losing her status as patron to her house."

Jarronus smiled, "Your Majesty, you might want to get a cleric in to check her mental competency while you are at it. She told me she based some of her admission choices on those who would live long lives. Long enough to make the training worthwhile. In some cases, denying access to the Academy to those who are elf-blooded."

He heard her laugh, "Her face has lost all color at this point. I can assume that it is factual if I checked the records during her tenure. I will take that into serious consideration. Anything else Knight Champion?"

Jarronus smiled, "Yes, One more thing. Please inform the Magister that I am actively pursuing the instructor for marriage as well."

He heard a shrilling scream and the crystal went dark. Jarronus sighed, "I am sure she showed her mental state in front of the Queen right there."

The crystal buzzed and he answered, "Yes, your Majesty."

She tried hard not to laugh, "The patron is in magic suppressing manacles and on her way to my dungeon to await mental evaluation after my guards subdued her. Thank you for bringing that aspect of her mental deterioration to light.

Good luck on your hunt for wives. Instructor Golden Bow I am sending a message to the bank to get that trust fund released to you now. I will be contacting your new house patron shortly."

She leaned over, "Thank you, Your Majesty."

He let the crystal go dark, "You said you wished to see that happen."

She chuckled, "I did not expect it today! Definitely not with the Queen!"

He looked at the other three ladies who all smiled or looked shocked.

He walked over to Olivana, "You want me to deal with your father in a similar manner?"

She finally broke a smile, "I could see you pulling it off."

The ladies finally broke out laughing and Jack just stood there smiling. Jarronus looked at him, "What did you learn from that Jack?"

He looked up at me, "Don't piss you off. Follow your direction. Fighting is not always the answer. Expect to be held accountable for your actions."

He nodded and looked at his Aunt, "We will see how his sword skills are but so far he is looking promising."

She sighed and nodded. Jarronus looked at him. "What is this on the outside of your spellbook?"

He sighed, "I sketched in a sword with a blade that was made of lightning."

He nodded, "You make it through the sword trials and I will take on apprentice Storm Blade. I will help you to establish your own house."

He looked at Jarronus, "You can do that?"

He smiled, "Yes. My ancestors helped to set up funds over a millennium ago for new houses to be established. Before you finish training, you will find a wife or two and start having children of your own. If you pass the sword trials. Remember what I said about observing."

He nodded. The other 12 came in and he had them pair off for sword trials. He switched who they sparred with four times. He cut the field in half.

He asked for the spell books and ran through the same questions. He got a similar answer from the three of them on the same spells. He dismissed all but those three and Jack. He looked at them, "One at a time. Winner takes on the next one. He finished with the four of them and Jack finished second on the sword testing. He looked at them, "This is a 30-year program. Those of you who are elves might be asking why you are here given your age.

Many of you know the name Eldar Silvertree. Many may not know he started his training as a Blade Singer at the age of 55. Some of you do not realize this country will be at war in 30 plus years. I will be tasked away from the kingdom on an extremely dangerous mission. When this occurs, my former students may go with me. I want them to all be adults and have families started. If this is not something you are willing to do for your Kingdom then you should leave now."

One of them, the student who was in third, left the room. Jarronus looked at them, "Names?"

The first one looked at me, "Clarim Moon Ray"

He smiled, "Related to the Moon Blade holder."

He nodded, "Father."

Jarronus nodded. "A potential heir for the blade."

He nodded, "Yes, but I have an older brother but he is an enchanter. Just graduated."

He looked at Jack, "I have your name. Next?"

He stood tall, "Eldum Silver Moon."

He nodded, "Strong family with a lot of historical significance."

He looked at Jarronus, "I had not heard that."

Jarronus smiled, "It is true. Countess Silver Moon was Commodore in the Elven Navy who worked on reclaiming the Eternal Forge when her ship was destroyed. She worked with the first champion as a military adviser. She helped to reactivate and purify the Moon Blades. Taking them from 4 to 14. One of those blades added is your family blade, Moon Ray.

Placed in the hands of an elf blooded girl who went to the Knights order with her husband. Strong legacies in both families. Jack, your family has no history with a Moon Blade but your ancestor Sharlo Stormcloud worked with three champions and the Hero Brannar Silvertree.

He was a cleric. He helped to keep them alive, performed their marriages, and saw over their funerals. He was an inspiration. So much so that one of the champions named one of her sons after him." Jack smiled at that bit of knowledge. "You are all wrong in your names though. You forgot the word apprentice Blade Singer at the beginning."

Olivana looked at Jarronus, "Is that true?"

He walked over and opened up his journal.

Jarronus showed her the page with the children's names and who they were named after. She smiled, "Thank you for showing me that. My father seemed to think Sharlo was a failure of a man for some reason."

Jarronus nodded, "I need to speak with him then."

She smiled and he looked at them, "Get packed up, go to the inn and wait for me. Your response should be 'Yes Master Trainer.' The answer, then a greeting of respect that lets me know you are done with your answer. Especially when I ask you a question. Understood?"

They said it in unison, "Yes, Master Trainer."

He pointed them to the portal. Jarronus followed them out with the ladies. He looked at Brima, "Fond memories?"

She chuckled, "Not as large of a field. Only 4 of us and 2 opted to not be Blade Singers. It was a one on one contest."

He nodded, "Understood."

He looked at Olivana, "Your thoughts?"

She sighed, "I am concerned but you made me realize I am holding him back. If the Master Trainer wants him, I should not stand in his way."

He smiled, "About the idea of marriage?"

She smiled, "I want to see how you handle my father first."

Jarronus smiled, "You Trisa?

She smiled, "You are definitely a man of action. If you are as viral in bed as you are in dealing with my Patron then I would have to say the idea is very appealing. I just want to confirm what the ladies said."

1...89101112...15