Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 05 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She smiled, "They are working on that already. What they need to rebuild is in those books. You have to teach them so they can build what is needed to track it. Most of it was destroyed upon the return. Some pieces left behind were removed to force the chromatics to rebuild it if they were inclined.

Knowing you have the means to unlock that vault gives them hope that they can get the relic. They believe it can be of significant value in the upcoming fight. When and if they can get it working. As to us building one of those systems, something we will consider in the future if needed."

He thought, "Anyway I could help with that?"

She looked at him, "You are already doing that by teaching them mythic magic. That is what they will need to find it."

He looked at her, "Unless I find it first. I need to review those books. That will take some serious time."

She smiled at him, "Yes it will along with everything else you have to do. Like find wives and build a family and home. Get to work finding your students. You will find the other two in your travels today.

One will seem like an unlikely choice until you think about it. I made you that promise. I will do my best to see that your children get a full measure of life, but I cannot guarantee it. There are too many variables."

He woke, showered, prepared spells, and got dressed. He came out to find he was the only one up. He ate and then walked around and started checking rooms. He found the two of them cuddled together naked.

He smiled, "Good morning you two. I am headed to the Academy. Feel free to join me or continue playing. Your choice."

They both turned red from being caught together. "The goddess told me the two of you had a hell of a night. The Lady of Dreams explained why you were shocked by seeing me naked. Also, why you were both so horny now."

They turned redder. He went to close the door and he heard Brima groan out, "I am so hungover and horny. We debated taking you last night. The only thing that stopped us was your age."

He chuckled as he closed the door and walked away. He got to the portal when a very naked cleric ran up to him and kissed me full on the mouth with hunger which he returned. Now he wanted to throw her down and fuck her. She tasted sweet, like peaches. He had a feeling it was from Bria's cunt. She smiled wickedly as she ran away.

Silver Hair with violet eyes. She has no pubic hair but she was dripping as she ran away. He grabbed his tack and walked out.

He groaned as he walked out of the inn, "Two weeks with these 2, mere feet away and sex-starved."

He got to the stable and saddled up and took his horse down to the Academy. He dismounted and walked into the room and an elven male sat there waiting to greet visitors.

Jarronus looked at him, "I need to talk to your Magister. I mentioned to a couple of mages at the inn that I would be coming in to evaluate Blade Singer candidates today."

He looked at Jarronus, "Name?"

Jarronus looked at him, "Master Trainer Blade Singer Jarronus Silvertree, Knight Champion of the elven people."

He looked back up at Jarronus, "Let me take you to the Magister."

He followed him to a circle and they appeared in her office. She had several centuries on her but she still was a beautiful gold-elf woman.

She looked over, "I thought I told you all visitors should be announced first?"

He nodded, "The Master Trainer Blade Singer is here to evaluate students."

She dropped her quill and sighed. She waved him forward. She looked at Jarronus, "You are not local. Why would you want to evaluate students here?"

He smiled, "You are behind that desk because of my family. The parts he left off is I am Jarronus Silvertree, Knight Champion of the elven people. Like Eldar, I am the champion for Corellon Larethian."

He handed her the tube, "My ancestors built this town and tower. I do not have to be local to care about what happens to this place."

She backed up from her desk as she looked over the tube. She handed it back to him, "I am Magister Golden Bow. You have any specific requirements?"

He looked at her, "Elf-blooded no older than 15. Elves age 50-55. I am looking for three students.

She sighed, "We do not have many elf-blooded these days. We tend to focus on those who have a future longer than a century of productive use."

Jarronus looked at her, "I want to see the evaluations for all those attending or in the towns that have been rejected here because of that shortsightedness. You know Eldar's first two wives were locally born elf-blooded moon-elves and his first two students were an elf-blooded and a mix-blooded elf. Both whose families are local and have Moon Blade Wielders. Strong Oak, in fact, was named the Duke over this area yesterday."

She looked shocked, "A wood-elf Duke?"

He smiled, "You are a city Academy graduate who wanted to be a Magister like one of your ancestors before he was forced out for antiquated training methods. The last selection process did not pick you up so you came here to do it. Remember the name of this town and live it. I visit regularly with the Queen and could work to have you replaced. Now get me the records I asked for."

She went over to her drawers and sighed under her breath, "Ficka Blade Singers."

He looked at her, "I am also a tier 9 battle Sorcerer. Storm Born who also has excellent hearing. While I am here, I also want to visit with all enchanters capable of casting a full complement of tier 9 spells."

She looked at Jarronus, "You can get enchanting done in the city."

He looked at her, "Comply or contact the Palace and they will tell you the same."

She walked away from the file cabinet slamming the door on it and contacted the Queen on a crystal, "Your Majesty, this is Magister Golden Bow in Quatarsia. I have the Master Trainer here making outlandish requests for enchanters."

The Queen chuckled, "Considering he is heading up a few projects for me that involve enchantment I do not find that a bit unusual or outlandish. Comply with his requests or I can find someone to fill that role who will."

The crystal went dark and her face lost all color. Jarronus looked at her, "Tend to my requests, please. I do mean all of them that can meet those requirements. I have already conscripted Moon Ray for this project."

She looked over records and gave him 12 files then went to another and gave him 6 more. "Those six are not in the Academy. One was especially talented but his aunt was scared he would run out and get himself killed as his mother did."

Jarronus looked at her, "I want all 18 on the proving grounds by mid-day. Please have the Aunt come along. I will see the enchanters now. If she gives you any issues let her know you are following the Queen's directive."

She took him back downstairs. She looked at the wood-elf at the desk, "I will be out for a couple of hours. Take him to the enchanters' tower and have him meet with the Head Enchanter. She is to comply with his request. This comes for the Queen and me."

He nodded to her and he took Jarronus to a different circle. There was a lecture in progress. He stood there and listened to her talk about the shields and how they 'failed.' He looked at her, "They did not fail. They stopped working after a period of time because the casters who built them had died. Their creation was a cross of elven and draconic mythic magic."

She looked over at Jarronus, "What do you know of the shields?"

He smiled, "I hold the books with the draconic mythic spells in them. As well as the elven research that was conducted to rework the ancient magic from the island of the Eternal Forge. I also have the personal Journal of Jazzia Silvertree who worked on those projects.

Along with Dame Staria and Sir Golden Moon. I am here to talk with the head of the enchanters by the direction of the Queen."

She looked at the man who nodded to her. She looked at her students, "Take a break. I will go and speak with our 'guest.'"

She noted with a bit of disdain at being corrected. She came back to him, "Prove it."

He smiled, "I am looking for every enchanter who can cast full complement of tier 9 spells. I will speak with all of you. If you want proof you can go and see the permanent secure shelter I have on the fourth floor. Put in place by Jazzia during that time. I had the ability to unlock access to it. Now those enchanters please."

She sighed, "There are only 2of us who meet that requirement. Myself Master Enchanter Instructor Golden Harp and instructor Trisna Golden Bow."

He looked at her, "You have any sorcerers in your family line?"

She shook her head, "No all enchanters, a couple of Blade Singers, and an alchemist or two. I have achieved the highest degree of success, thus far."

Jarronus looked at her, "Both sides of the family?"

She shrugged, "I do not know much about my mother's side of the family. She died when I was young and my father did not speak of her. My own children are students here and one is set to be our first battle mage."

He nodded, "I need the two of you to meet me on the fourth floor of the inn in an hour. I am going to make a trip to the old Keep to find the control room that was used for the shield."

She sighed, "It is here. It was pulled out 400 years ago but we could never get it to work."

He smiled, "It is a multi-step process and it would likely not work in here because of the nature of this extra-dimensional room. It has to work with the diamond attached to the sky above the area that is still floating there now."

Jarronus turned to walk away. She asked, "Who are you?"

He looked at her, "Jarronus Silvertree Master Trainer Blade Singer and Storm Born Battle Sorcerer. An arcane gestalt that is capable of a full spread of tier nine spells in both disciplines. Also mythic magic in both."

She looked shocked as the elf next to him sighed, "Direction of the Queen and the Magister. I am guessing the Queen more so given the foul mood she was in when she left."

Jarronus smiled at him, "You are perceptive."

They went downstairs and he chuckled, "You have her jumping through hoops?"

Jarronus nodded, "Yes. Because she was being a major bitch and then bad-mouthed Blade Singers. When the Queen threatened to replace her, she saw compliance was best."

He chuckled, "I grew up here, it would have been a good start."

Jarronus smiled, "Could still happen. I will have to talk with the new Duke about her."

He looked at Jarronus, "There is a new Duke?!"

Jarronus nodded, "Strong Oak."

He shook his head, "You had me for a minute."

Jarronus stepped out and got onto his horse. "He is a relative, distant, of Eldar Silvertree. It was no joke."

He rode back toward the inn and saw the two of them coming out of the inn. He smiled, "Hello ladies."

They stopped. Jarronus looked at the cleric, "You have yet to give me your full name."

She smiled, "Mirama Silver Sword but hopefully not for much longer."

He smiled, "Who is the lucky guy?"

She smiled, "I kissed him this morning. Trying to remember the name..."

He chuckled at her as he got down, "I thought with everything I enlightened the 2of you about, you would be running for the Capital today."

Brima looked at him, "You did kind of lay a lot out for us. We came to talk to you. Then we saw you and we froze."

He smiled, "Not for long you too seemed pretty heated up this morning."

She slapped his arm playfully.

He chuckled at her, "Trust me I am looking forward to being an adult officially. I have had control of my family fortune for five years. Been Knighted and became a Master Trainer. Now, I just have to wait for a date and find the other 2."

Jarronus saw the Magister as she rode into the intersection. She had a woman screaming at her with a 10-year-old boy in the saddle. With her. The Magister pointed at Jarronus. The angry woman came riding toward him.

She huffed, "The Magister told me I had no choice but to let you test him! Because it came from the Queen."

Jarronus looked at her, "The two of you join us for lunch and I will explain."

He walked into the inn. He heard her fuming as she got off the horse with the boy. She caught sight of them going upstairs and followed. She looked around at the fourth floor, "You are going to have lunch in this wreck of a floor?"

He smiled and waved her down the hall toward him. He extended his hand and opened the portal. He walked inside while she stared at it. As they walked inside. She followed and looked around, "I never knew this was here. Did you cast it this morning?"

He shook his head and looked at her, "Created over 1,000 years ago by the previous champion Jazzia Silvertree. Made permanent with the use of draconic mythic magic by her and the dragon enchantress Dame Staria. There were others but she only created this one here in this town.

I do not know how to unlock the others here. They were created by Staria. I am authorized to test every qualified candidate. It does not mean he will be chosen. The Magister was... Well, she was a bitch to me. Elf-blooded children deserve the same opportunities. I had relatives that were elf-blooded and elf-blooded and dragon-blooded from Jazzia. I am a descendent of hers and the last Silvertree. I have a house to try and regrow, students to train, and a family to raise.

In 30 years give or take a couple of years, I have to leave here. IF the dragons get their act together. Hoping I have built a strong enough foundation that if I do not return the house will survive and the elven people will survive. We will be at war in 30 years."

He walked out and pulled the sword from his bag that he took from Golden Claw's corpse. He placed it on the table. "I took that off of a rogue Grand Master Blade Singer I had to kill. He poisoned and killed the last Master Trainer. I would like you to cut the hands off of the boy with it."

She looked shocked, "WHAT?! Why in the nine hells would I do that?!"

He looked at her, "Because your refusal to let him get training based upon the records I saw, is tantamount to cutting his hands off when war strikes. He could get conscripted into service without the skills he needs. You want to keep him away from protecting the people and himself, then that is the way to do it.

Of course, they could just regenerate them and take him, but he would still be missing the skills. I select him, I will look to train him if he is willing. If not, he needs to be in the Academy being trained so he has the skills he will need to survive. When I go in 30+ years my students could possibly come with me. Where is his mother?"

She looked at Jarronus, "Dead. I love him to death but she went and ran off on some fool adventure and got herself killed leaving him alone. My father is not happy about it. He wants me married and he thinks if I had put him in the Academy I would be married now."

He looked at her, "Would you be married now?" He walked over to the table. "Mid-day meals for five grilled deer, salads, fruit, water, and wine."

She watched the food appear on the table.

She shook her head. "I have a dilemma in that area. No man in the village that is available is worth having, I marry a wood-elf my father would likely fall over dead. The real problem is I want children but am attracted to women."

He looked at her, "Why is that a problem? You can have both in a marriage in this land."

She sighed, "Because my father would shit himself if he knew I was sharing a bed with a woman."

He nodded, "Use the floor instead then."

She finally broke into a laugh. She looked at the two ladies, "Your wives?"

He shook his head, "Not of age for another two weeks; myself not them. They are counting the days for that to happen. You have any combat skills?"

She shook her head, "I did not want them growing up. I can handle a bow but not well enough for the militia let alone adventuring. Fool's errand."

He nodded, "I am about protecting the people. When the Gods tell me, I need to be away from the Elven Kingdom when war strikes then that is where I will be if things are ready."

She sighed, "You have said that twice now. Why do you keep saying that?"

Jarronus looked at Bria, "Would you look for two lost enchanters. One has a few centuries on her. I have not met the other but she is known as instructor Golden Bow. Portal, stay open." Jarronus went and pulled off the top of his armor and then his shirt. She stared at his holy symbol.

She looked at him, "You're a God's champion as well?"

He nodded, "One of 2 elven Champions on the field."

Jarronus handed her the tube as she sat down and read the whole thing. Her eyes went wide as she finished. "Dragon in the throne room!?"

One of the new arrivals asked, "There was a dragon in the throne room. We have a treaty with them."

Jarronus shook his head, "Not red dragons. It was a chromatic dragon. I stopped it before it got to the Queen. Then fourteen Moon Blade holders in attendance slew the beast."

The enchantress looked at him, "How did you stop a dragon?"

He walked out and pulled out the books. He brought them back and sat one down, "That spell."

She looked at the spell. Then she sat down, "This is a draconic spell!"

He nodded, "Yes, then there are also mythic spells that I can cast. Just like the ones used to make this home permanent a thousand plus years ago."

She looked up at the holy symbol with no cord, "You are a champion?!"

He nodded, "Who has the ability to teach those enchanters who have draconic blood in their veins. Teach them the very spells needed to reactivate the shields over this area and the Capital. Now you know what the Magister does not know. Why the Magister is one false step from being removed by the Queen if she keeps pissing me off."

The young enchanter started saying, "Please, please, please." Under her breath.

He looked at her, "You share the same family name."

She nodded, "She is my great, great, great, grandmother, and the holder of my meager trust fund. She pulled me out here to teach. She won't let me marry unless I keep my family name and it has to be with a prominent gold elf family. There are no prominent gold elf families out here. She has brought two potential matches for me. I could not stand either of them.

Pretentious pricks both of them. She got pissed at them. She found out the two of them were caught fucking each other here at the inn. They made enough noise that the guards broke in on them. I want to do real enchanting work, not teach. Teaching is fine, it is more being forced to teach that I have an issue with."

He nodded. "She hates Blade Singers and has no love for elf-blooded citizens."

She nodded, "I know. She says the only reason elven women run off with male humans is that they have large cocks."

Brima and Marma both spit wine across the table at her statement. Jarronus smiled, "She speaking from experience?"

The ladies laughed. Golden Bow caught her breath from laughing so hard, "I would ask her but she would disown me for being insolent."

He looked at her, "How much is this trust fund?"

She sighed, "I have managed a few withdrawals from it over the years. It was 500,000. Probably 400,000 now. She keeps a tight leash on it along with all the house money. Golden Bow is no longer a large house in terms of money. A lot of bad investments."

He nodded, "The Knight Paladin Champion had nothing but praise for his student named Golden Bow. Killed by a drow assassin."

She looked at Jarronus, "I was told the Knight Paladin killed him."

He looked at her, "His body was killed the second time by the Knight Paladin. The spirit was trapped in a necromantic ring by a drow assassin. The body was mindless and being controlled by the drow who wore him like a robe. The Knight Paladin could see what dragon true seeing could not. He purified the rings and got the spirit of his student and friend released.

1...7891011...15