Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 05 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He laughed, "That can be arranged. I usually go for a swim after dinner."

He laughed and mounted up. He pulled Jack up with him.

He looked at the other three, "We are headed off to the village. Trisa you should let the other enchanter know we are departing first thing in the morning. Stop by for dinner, I will set the portal to open for you."

She smiled. "You two I need to keep an eye on. Grab your horses and we will wait." They chuckled and ran to the stables. He rode slowly with Olivana, "One of the reasons I want you so badly is you are the foundation I need for my children.

All of them. In a champion's marriage, one wife is known as the first wife. She is the caretaker of the children. Followed by the second wife who would take over if something happened to you. The third and four wives are known as the ones who take care of me and have my back in the field. It is a division. You watch their children. My children. They watch over me to try and ensure we make it back.

You would be spending most of your private time with Trisna when I am traveling."

She smiled, "We will see how you do then. Getting to watch over Jack would be a blessing as well. I can do both."

He nodded, "When he marries his wife or wives would have a home with me on my estate. When he graduates then he will be able to set up his own home. I will ensure they all have the funds to do that."

She smiled, "That would be nice."

They rode into the village with the four of us and Moon Ray was playing with his children and he waved him forward. Moon Ray walked up, "How goes your search?"

Jarronus smiled, "I picked up a Moon Ray as an apprentice."

He looked shocked and then nodded, "He knows his own mind if he agreed to it. It is a noble calling."

Jarronus nodded, "Well suited to be an heir to that sword you carry too."

He nodded, "True. More so than his older brother."

Jarronus smiled, "I will be going to Silent Falls from here you should join us for that."

He nodded, "Where is my son?"

He smiled, "Packing and going to the inn to wait with Apprentice Silver Moon."

He chuckled, "His father might be less pleased. I will go talk to him. I will be right back."

He stopped in front of Stormcloud's home and they went inside. He saw the older elf sitting there. He looked at him, "I am taking Jack on as an apprentice. I am Master Trainer Silvertree, Knight champion."

He huffed, "He does not believe in the Gods. I think worship is lost to our people."

Jarronus smiled, "What if I could convince you otherwise?"

He looked at Jarronus, "How?"

Jarronus smiled, "Come to Silent Falls with us. Stop and Pray to the Lady of Dreams for a sign if this is right. If she gives you one you will know it. If not, do not believe me. I know Sharlo was a brilliant and talented Cleric of the Lady.

She held him in high regard. That was how he was named to lead the church here. He watched over generations of Silvertree ancestors of mine from Eldar to Jazzia. The three champions and the Hero Brannar all respected the man."

He hmphed, "Nothing in it for me."

Jarronus smiled, "Is that all it would take? I will put 100,000 gold pieces into your hands right now if I am right. A million if I am wrong. Now you have nothing to lose and something to gain."

He chuckled, "You got that kind of money?"

Jarronus walked over and carefully set 100,000 gold pieces on the table, "I have that kind of money. Also, that much faith."

He sighed and got up, "Let me get my horse."

She looked at Jarronus, "What are you going to do?"

He smiled, "Get me a bowl, silver wood would be preferred but a large empty bowl."

She sighed and grabbed a bowl. They walked out and got mounted up. Moon Ray came riding up with another elf who glared at him, "You are taking my son?"

Jarronus looked at him, "If you are Silver Moon then I am taking a boy with that name as an apprentice."

He looked at Jarronus, "What if I object?"

Jarronus smiled, "Follow me to the Silent Falls. I have something to do. If you still object let me know."

Jarronus started riding and he sighed and followed them to the falls. Jarronus thought, "Dear Lady I was given the task to purify these rings. I need to take it a step further and restore these people's faith that the Gods have not abandoned them. You want these wives then you will want to help with this."

He heard her chuckle, "Very well. You are right. It has been a long time since we have made our presence known there. It is time to open some closed hearts and lock in this fourth wife you want as a first."

They got to the falls and he dismounted. He scooped up the water and dumped the 31 rings into the bowl. He looked at all of them, "Please take a knee. IF only to humor me."

Moon Ray chuckled and got Silver Moon to take a knee. Stormcloud followed suit as did the others without hesitation.

"Dear Lady of Dreams. I bring forth these vile rings that hold the souls and spirits of good people, good elves who have had their spirits trapped in these rings. I humbly pray to you to cleanse these rings so I may take them to be destroyed. Then I can complete this task."

The light appeared behind the falls and she walked out above the water and stopped in the middle, "Bring them forth."

He took the bowl to her walking on the surface of the water. She held her hand over the water and touched the surface. Streams of white spirits went flowing from the rings. Some more than others.

She looked at Jarronus, "Your returned 83 elven spirits from those rings and several hundred human souls. I know this task is not an easy one champion. This will fall to another in the days ahead after you marry. You may step back. This will be something repeated periodically by your first wife."

Jarronus walked back as The Lady of Dreams looked over the group, "Sharlo Stormcloud was one of my greatest and extremely loyal servants to the elven people. What the champion told you was true. He helped to oversee the construction of the church and oversaw its tending for centuries. All while being a devoted father, friend, ally, and brother to the Silvertree family.

One of the greatest heroes and in many ways unsung among the Elven people was Sharlo. Also, Countess Silver Moon, Grand Master Blade Singer, and Commodore. You are a direct descendant of her by seven generations.

It is only fitting that the family who recovered your family blade, the one who purified those blades, and the one who will teach your son were all of House Silvertree. Also, the one who put the Blade into Moon Ray's hand. A young elf-blood that Eldar trained. He helped to give a purpose to her life in the wake of the tragic death of her father.

The Silvertree family is and shall continue to be a beacon of hope in the troubled times ahead. He is the last Silvertree and is destined to marry four women here in a couple of weeks. Two have agreed. Brima and Mirama. One is more salacious in her proof of things. The last and yet the one he wants for his first kneels before me now.

Knowing just how he can deal with the challenges ahead. She has a strong faith in us. I am starting to see it return to the others. You have done well Champion. I will be here to preside over your wedding and any other wedding that the two villages and the town might wish to have performed by me. Until then. Be safe Champion. Be well, everyone."

She shot up into the sky as a ball of light. He bagged the rings and dumped the water away from Silent Falls. He went back to his horse. "You have any more questions, fathers? Do you have an answer for me, Olivana, about being my first wife?"

She looked at Jarronus and smiled, "I agree to be your first wife."

Her father sighed and simply nodded, "You proved your point. I don't need your gold."

Jarronus smiled, "Keep it. I gave my word. I hope you use it to improve your life and the life of those around you."

He looked at Silver Moon's father. He nodded to Jarronus and got back up on his horse. Moon Ray sighed and nodded to Jarronus, "I will let the elders of the area know. When will this be?

Jarronus looked at him, "13 days on the night of the double crescent."

Moon Ray nodded, "When do we return to the city?"

He smiled, "Tomorrow morning. I have many to outfit in gear."

Jarronus looked at Olivana, "You are welcome to stay at my home inside the inn this evening. There are around a hundred rooms to choose from. We will be departing very early as we have a long day. Moon Ray if these 3 do not have a War Horse contact the herd and request one for each of them. They will be in the saddle quite often."

He nodded, "They will be waiting at the inn." Jarronus turned and rode back toward the inn with the boy. He stopped at his home, "Pack, I will wait. You will be getting new clothes and gear so focus on just personal items." He nodded and ran into the home. He looked at her, "Same goes for you, my bride."

She smiled and went into the home behind her nephew. The other two came up to Jarronus, Brima asked, "What is the significance of the first wife?"

Jarronus sighed, "She is the caretaker and nurturer who will oversee the care of all my children when and if my wives are in the field with me. Then it falls to the second who would be Trisna if she agrees. The Enchantress who can work from home and work with the children.

While you two are the ones who have my back and my bed when I travel. When you are able and willing to travel. Else it will be a lesbian love feast at home. You are there to help keep me from wandering into another's bed."

She nodded her understanding. "The first also becomes the ring bearer. She is the holder of the wedding rings and places them on each wives' hand. She also deals with the necromantic rings in getting them purified at Silent Falls so they can be destroyed in the Eternal Forge. Some rewards and some burdens."

She nodded, "Alright that makes sense."

The two of them came out all smiles. Jarronus pulled Jack up into his lap, "You will be an adult sooner and the opportunity for more children before we leave than the other two. Take the opportunity."

He nodded, "Yes, Master Trainer."

They rode back to the inn, "Run inside, get the others and have them walk their horse down to the tack shop. We will meet you there."

He jumped down and went and got the other two. Trisna came out. He looked at her, "You got a horse?" She nodded, "I will go and get him."

Jarronus nodded, "I have a stall here at the stable for all the horses. Make sure the other enchanter knows we are leaving first thing in the morning."

She smiled, "Anything new?"

Jarronus smiled, "You only missed the Lady of Dreams, Olivana has agreed to take the role of the first wife. It has the most burden and a few perks associated with."

She smiled, "That makes me the last one on the fence?"

He nodded, "It makes you the last one who wants proof."

She smiled and ran off. Jarronus rode down to the tack shop and bought them the tack they needed for the horses. Brima showed them how to get the tack on and situated. They rode back to the inn and stabled all their horses. Even Instructor Golden Harp came down. He nodded to her, "We have room for you and we will be leaving early."

She nodded, "I was told. That is why I am here."

Jarronus nodded, "Your Magister is in the Palace dungeon after going crazy in front of the Queen. She was removed from her position before she arrived."

She looked wide-eyed at Jarronus. He nodded, "I thought you should know just how important my activities are to the Queen." She nodded. Jarronus showed her the crystal to the Queen in his pouch and her eyes went wider. "She told me to keep this one on me."

Jarronus went to the home and set access to everyone except Instructor Golden Harp. He even left it open to any Moon Blade wielder. That way Moon Ray could get in.

He looked at his students, "Here are two copies of most of the major first level spells. I have a list of five I want you to have in your spellbooks. If you have them already, great. If not add them. Memorize only those that are defensive for tomorrow."

They all nodded as he set the two books down. "Jack you use this by yourself as your book needs the most work."

He nodded. He set them up with ink and quills. He went down to the dinner table, "Roasted pheasant for dinner with the standard sides with a salad, fruit, wine, and water for 9." Everyone ate well.

He looked over, "Brima please watch over them for the moment. I am going for a swim."

Olivana smiled at that news. He went into the falls area and stripped down. He jumped into the water and swam 40 laps and went into one of the caves behind the falls. He stepped to the edge and let the water run down his body and faced the doorway.

He had four women staring at him from the doorway. He jumped in and swam back across and got out of the water. Jarronus got dressed but not before he started going erect. The ladies were all slack-jawed as they watched it grow and expand. He got his pants on as it hit full mast and he had to tuck it down uncomfortable into his pants. He grabbed the rest of his gear.

He walked over and Olivanra whispered, barely audible, "Thank the Gods. Oh yes, I am marrying you."

He kissed her on the check. He dropped all his gear off in his room and checked spellbooks. He nodded and set the gear to be stored in the morning. "I know it is early but we will be leaving early. Find an empty room on the second floor. This place is self-cleaning down to your clothes. Carry the cantrip anyway in case you are a mess in the field."

They nodded, "Yes, Master Trainer."

He looked at the ladies, "I will activate my crystal to lock out the room including teleportation. I will hear if you knock. Just to keep you honest."

They laughed. He went into the room and went to sleep. He found himself at the falls, he was not alone. Every Moon Blade wielder and Brima were present. He walked in. "Remain standing. Follow the champion. Prepare for dragons. Leave your students behind." He nodded as did everyone. He awoke and got dressed and yelled out, "EVERYONE WAKE UP NOW! ENCHANTERS PREPARE AS MANY OF THE FORCE WEBS AS YOU CAN!"

He studied up his spells and managed to squeeze in an extra Force Web. He then added quickened versions of it as well. He unlocked his door armed for battle, "Olivana I need you to watch over my charges. The Gods spoke to many of us last night. We will be back."

He went out of the inn and saw them. 12 dragons headed for the Capital. He opened a crystal as they ran to the barn, "Your Majesty! Get your army moving and get to your secure shelter. We have 12 inbound dragons!"

She gasped, "I will contact the metallics on the way to my shelter!"

He got them into the barn and saddled up. Moon Ray arrived. "They will likely head for the Palace. I am bringing us in at 5,000 feet, Wall of force, and force web if you have it. You get into trouble teleport home! Mirama get into the Palace and offer what aid you can! I will cover your approach."

She nodded. He cast the spell from the sword. The dragons had just arrived. They appeared to be aiming for one part of the castle and Jarronus threw a force wall in front of it as their breath weapons hit the wall. He had five coming at him. He cast a force web.

They all flew into it at this point. Three fell and two were slowed. The two could not gain on him. "Break for the door Mirama!" She headed for the door and one tried to pursue her and he put a force wall in his way. The dragon had to pull up to avoid it. They had 10 silver dragons teleport in.

He told Hina, "Repeat this. Three on the ground get there rings off."

With the knowledge, they could all hear the communication. He saw a group of reds heading at a silver who was going to ground. Jarronus threw another force web and caught two, slowed one but he got pelted by the other two falling dragons. All 3 of them ended up on the ground. He saw another force web go off on one approaching him and that one fell. He thought, "Get to safety."

He teleported down next to the 3 crashed webs and removed the rings of the two held ones before the third one could get to his feet. He threw an energy absorption acid on himself. He flew up and away from the dragon. When he moved to breathe on him, he flew into the stomach with a sword in one hand and chain lightning going off from the other. He got inside his throat and tried to hold the position. He cast out another chain lightning into his brain.

He fell and it hurt Jarronus when it did. Even though they were on the ground. He stuck his blade into the side of his neck and waited for him to move. He roared out from the sword. He cut his spinal column from the inside and brought him down a second time. Jarronus cut an opening. He saw three pursuing one silver overhead and he threw up a force wall sending them crashing into each other and toward the ground. Right on top of the dragon, he was still inside.

He gasped out a groan, "That fucking hurt. I need to work on those angles."

He teleported to the entrance of the Palace and hobbled inside. The guards at the door were dead. Mirama was in a back corner tended to a wounded guard and she saw him headed toward her pretty banged up. She cast a heal on him, "Go kill those fucking dragons!"

He nodded and went back outside. Two were still in the air chasing two silvers who teleported out. No silver bodies on the ground. He assumed they were badly wounded or recalled.

He had a black and a blue dragon. He cast another energy absolution acid. He appeared to be the only one on the field. He fried anything laying on the field with chain lightning. He hoped it would have died once already or had the rings removed. After the second spell, they started to fly toward him. He threw another force web and snagged them both. Falling straight toward him. He dimension door back through the doorway as they slammed into the Palace entryway.

He went and pulled rings. He pulled a fireball wand. He started setting off charge after charge over the two until the wand disintegrated. Jarronus looked around and sighed as he counted 9 on the field. He went back to my Mirama, "9 down and 3 missing."

She nodded, "I saw Trisna, she lost her horse but she went looking for help."

He went running after her. He saw her and wanted to cry, "Trisna my love. Come to me and we will get to the Queen."

She came running to him. He ran his sword up into her heart.

Holding her hand, "You bastards!"

He laid her down. He sighed and thought, "Tell me this was not a part of your plan for her safety?!"

He heard nothing for several minutes as he simply held her. Finally, the Lady of Dreams responded back, "She was not supposed to die this way. We did not predict this battle. Something has changed."

He sighed and thought, "They are getting more desperate or they are trying to divide our attention."

He carried her body back to Mirama. She looked at Jarronus, "WHAT HAPPENED?!

He held her hand out and pulled the ring. "They took her body. I had to put it down."

She cried on his shoulder for a couple of minutes.

Jarronus looked at her, "I need to find the others."

Jarronus went outside and found Moon Ray. His sword looked to have sucked the life out of him. He had a necromancy ring in place. He put the necromancy ring on and changed into a black dragon and took it off. He checked the other and it was a blue dragon. He put the two of them in a separate pouch on his belt. He pulled the other rings, his weapon belt, and secured the Moon Blade carefully getting it back into the sheath without touching the blade. He carried the sheathed sword and him inside.

Jarronus set his body down as he looked at her, "A black dragon put a ring on him and stripped his mind. The sword killed him when he picked it up. I confirmed it, a blue dragon did her. I put the rings in a separate pouch on my belt. That means we are missing one."

1...910111213...15