Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 05 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Lady of Dreams looked at Jarronus, "Those rings are extremely dark magic. They need to be put to the forge immediately. Move forward with your idea. Get it started, at least to destroy those rings. Let the Queen know of my direction.

Moon Ray, your father is happy to see the sword in your hand. He knows your instruction will go well. Champion, she does not blame you for killing her stolen body. It had to be done. She appreciated your efforts and did love you very much. They are at peace now."

He nodded to the Lady, "How close to death was I?"

She looked at Jarronus, "Too close. You killed or helped kill 7 of those dragons yourself. Some were very old. Not an easy task Dragon Slayer. You would have died if not for your regenerative ability."

He nodded, "Understood dear Lady. Be more cautious and buy a lot of healing potions."

She laughed, "Farewell Champion. I will see you at your wedding. As to the fourth you have another way of finding one if you are set on a high-end enchanter."

He looked at her, "I will need a wife who will love me and the other ladies, skilled enough to do other projects but not be a target because she is working the shields. We need to fix these shields but we also need to fix my home. Jazzia had a problem because the enchantress she had became a target."

She nodded, "They will be finished with your main house tomorrow. They have been working on the building day and night. The grounds have been cleared of all the debris. Your plans are in motion. You know who to talk to."

With that, she faded out. He looked at Moon Ray, "Now he is at peace and you have to come to terms with it. What did he add to the sword?"

He looked at Jarronus, "Telepathic danger sense, Master Trainer. The sword said it got it from you."

He smiled, "From my sword sending the alert. Never tried before. But it worked. From Karti'Ros is more accurate."

He nodded, "Thank you for doing this with me, Master Trainer."

He looked at young Moon Ray, "I could not do it without you. You needed to know he was at peace because the sword killed his body when his mind and spirit were stripped away. Just like I had to kill the body of Trisna that had been overtaken. We should head back."

Jarronus moved away and dumped the water after separating out the rings. He teleported straight to the fourth floor of the inn.

He looked at them, "Head inside I have something I have to do now."

They nodded. He teleported back to the Palace so grateful that it was an ability on his sword and appears to have no limit set.

Jarronus asked Karti'Ros, "Is there a point where that will not work on a given day?"

Karti'Ros answered, "Yes, once for every rune on the blade that is locked in Currently thirteen. It works as though you are casting it and the rod of expansion should work with it."

He sighed and thought, "Set my choice for Death Ward. I am tired of these shadow dragons the last two champions dealt with. I suspect it will be a different champion. I would bet it has that ability which is why I have the deathward item."

He walked back into the meeting and headed over toward the Queen, "I have been given divine direction to work that shelter in as soon as possible. I have already started drawing it out in my mind. I need the dwarven paragon to provide dimensions for the access and the thickness of the wall from the lava.

I will set the environmental controls for the lava; to go as high as 2,500 hundred degrees. Also, down to 1,000. We need to see if this works so I can destroy these rings. Two of which she said needed to be destroyed immediately. I cleansed the other to free Golden Bow and Moon Ray from them. She told me to pass this on to you directly, Your Majesty."

She pointed over, "The Paragon is sitting over there. Do what you must. I will get our mages to move it into here for now."

He bowed to her and walked over to the Paragon who showed him a slip of paper and the ideal temperature that should be on the surface of the rock as well as the best composition of the rock. Jarronus created up the design using the previous location. He went up to a blank wall on the left side of the main room.

He cast up the new shelter with some seriously enhanced security measures. He went inside with the Paragon and he checked the dimension out and the hole he put in for him. He used the lever to adjust the heat from the 'lava' on the other side until he said it was perfect.

They brought in the forge and slid it into place like a well-fitted glove. They nodded with a smile on their face at his handiwork. The master craftsmen were brought in. An hour later and Majisa went in with them to restart the forge. It lit up and the paragon smiled.

He looked at them, "I need everyone to clear out. I do not know what will happen when the two rings go into the forge."

He decided to do these overtly evil rings one at a time. He destroyed the first ring. A greater shade exploded out from the ring and attacked. Karti'Ros was already in hand and they traded shots. He finally hit it with enough magic to kill the damned thing.

He went to the portal. "I am in need of a healer." He dropped to his knees. The Queen brought in her personal healer who patched him up.

She looked at Jarronus, "What happened?"

Jarronus looked at her, "They planted a great shade into the ring. It was released when destroyed. I still have to do another. Could Strong Oak get a death ward cast on him and he can assist me with this last ring?"

Strong Oak nodded, "I have an item for that. After the two shadow dragons, one of the previous wielders added that to the sword."

Jarronus smiled, "I have mine set to add that to the sword. All of the runes are locked now so it will add new ones.

Strong Oak shook his head, "Must be the most powerful blade of the fourteen!"

Jarronus looked at him, "Moon Blade or Moon Bow has one with eighteen runes on it after the god ability. I do not know where it stands on locking in or changing runes. This one is probably in the top 3 or 4 with Silver Moon."

They went in together and he let him get the attention first then he unloaded spell after spell into it until it was destroyed. Jarronus looked at him and he looked at Jarronus. They nodded to each other. Jarronus tossed the newly purified rings into the forge. He stepped outside with him. He looked into the room, "Activate all Forge security measures."

Spikes and blades shot in and out from all angles for the first hundred feet. A solid transparent wall went up between the forge. The forge area filled with gas. With a wall of force up just around the forge.

The Queen looked at Jarronus, "Who can do that?!"

He looked at her, "It is four separate controls. One for the gas and wall of force with the wall. The second for spikes. The third is just the force wall at the forge. The last is just the wall in the middle. While it appears clear, it is a transparent diamond you are looking through. I activated them all to show you could trap from either direction and kill from either direction.

When the one is being filled with gas there will be nothing to breathe. Currently, I am the only one who can activate them. Until you agree on a small list of those whom you would trust with the controls, Your Majesty. For now, it is secured. You stated you did not want it operational in here but we know it works and is secured."

He cast the spells to make it permanent. Jarronus looked at her, "Now it is permanently locked in. Like the outer one, they would both disappear and the forge expelled into the room should I die."

She nodded, "We will leave it for the moment and discuss our options. You should return home and get some rest."

He nodded, "Tomorrow I hope to return to the new House Silvertree Estates. I will be setting up a couple of these a day for the next week inside the new house. I am building my own training ground and library. I have fourteen portable holes stashed away with the contents of the Silvertree magical library, Your Majesty. I want to get them secured for all time. A lot of assets were buried in a vault at Silvertree Estates years ago, some of my mothers work after the disownments. I helped with the wards over it."

She nodded, "Worthy goal, I figured it would have been bigger?"

He nodded, "Over the years they consolidated some books into single volumes. Those that had particularly dark magic in them were destroyed after making references to the spells in a series of tomes on dark magic and what the spells did. Ways to counteract the effects if possible. Not a spellbook but a reference book so when they see it, they will know it, your Majesty. There are three volumes to that section alone.

The original books that were no longer needed were destroyed if it contained any dark magic in them or restricted spells. If not then they were given to the Academy. A very condensed library. My namesake did most of that work for over 400 years. Clearing up the library. That included duplication of the Draconic magic tomes. Others continued the work here and there as a few new spells were added."

She nodded, "Very well but I want you in my throne room before mid-day meal tomorrow. Bring your brides to be and apprentices."

He bowed to her, "Of course, Your Majesty."

He left the room teleported to the fourth floor and saw Mirama walking Brima toward a room. He looked at them, "I am back. Secure portal."

Mirama looked at him, "You're hurt, again?!"

Jarronus nodded, "We fought two greater shades from those two rings. I destroyed them in the forge. A cleric healed me after the first one. Strong Oak helped with the second one."

She shook her head, "Room and bed. I will be in to see you in a moment."

He walked over, hugged, and kissed all three of them. He walked into his room stripped down and slid into bed. He was out before she arrived and found the Lady of Dreams sitting by the water and she waved him over. He sat next to her.

She looked at him, "I did not know what was in the rings. Just that they were horribly evil. Locked in mythic necromancy. Draconic based. I would take this up with Majisa when you return. You will get back to training over the next couple of weeks. Put your list together. You have done well on advising the Queen. She has not told you yet but your leads proved to be true.

You are helping to eliminate the major threats to her. Your attention will be divided for a while. Use Brima to help watch over your charges. Teach her new things as well. She knows Golden Harp could not cast them. That is why she fled, yet Brima could. You are starting over on this task which was not planned but can be recovered from. Time for you to wake up."

He awoke under the covers and a very naked cleric lying beside him over the covers. Jarronus kissed her forehead and she looked at him, "You are going nowhere today!"

He shook his head, "We are all going to the city. We have been ordered to the Palace before the mid-day meal. All of us."

She groaned and hugged him tightly. "Five more minutes?"

He nodded, "Five more minutes before the other two come walking in."

She smiled, "They know. They went to get food."

He laid his head back and noticed the indentations on the other side. He smiled, "Who slept on top? Olivana?"

She nodded and smiled. "It was tempting to take you but we restrained each other. It is only another 9 days. The other two walked in with plates of food and were both naked. He looked over and saw their clothes.

He smiled, "My students up?"

They shook their heads, "Not yet."

He looked at them, "Five minutes then I have to prepare spells today. You all need to get dressed and ready. We have to go to the Palace which means I need to take you all shopping for clothes this morning."

Brima looked at him, "I have outfits for Court but I could use another or two. What is with all the dwarves in town?"

He sighed, "The forge is out. The lava is flowing and they evacuated most of their lands."

She looked at him, "This before or after you destroyed the rings?"

He looked at her, "After. I got the forge running again in a shelter. Like this one but geared for holding a forge in order to destroy the rings. It is in a secure environment with four layers of protection that can only be brought down by me.

We tested the feasibility of running the forge from within one of these shelters and it worked well enough to destroy the rings. The Queen does not want them to use it in the Palace. We tested and secured it. That was all."

Brima smiled, "Very clever. Why does she want us all?"

He looked at Olivana, "I see Brima and Mirama possibly being made Dames for their work on the battlefield that was the Palace. They will probably throw another title on me. I am a hereditary Barron and a Knight already." They finished eating and they dressed and left. He went into the shower fully erect and pulsing which was not lost on them.

He started off hot and then took it to cold so he would be able to use the chamber pot. He went out and got dressed and put his armor on. He studied up his spells so he could put up the first two parts of his new home. He went out and everyone was ready to leave. They headed to the stable and he got them ready to ride. He then teleported them to the enchanters' district.

He looked at the door, "Later, we should go clothes shopping first."

They headed toward the Palace district and hit one of the more upscale shops. He outfitted his charges with two outfits each and his brides with three each. He picked up two for himself. They headed to the Palace sporting their new regalia. The front courtyard had the dragons removed since the attack.

The indentations from the impact remained as did some of the cracked trees and walls. Some elves worked the Palace repairs. They left their horses out front and walked inside to see a modest crowd. The Queen finished with the man she was talking with. She then waved him forward.

She looked at Jarronus, "Knight Champion Silvertree. When the attack occurred whom did you bring with you? What happened?"

He bowed to the Queen, "Your Majesty. I brought Moon Blade wielder Moon Ray, Instructor Golden Harp, Instructor Golden Bow, Master Blade Singer Brima Silverleaf, and cleric Mirama Silver Sword. I covered Mirama's descent with spells so she could get inside the Palace to aid the injured.

I was told last night that instructor Golden Harp is not capable of casting the new spells I tried to teach her. She left the field and returned to Quatarsia in order to try and find additional help. She eventually found Duke Strong Oak.

Brima Silverleaf lost a leg and her horse in the battle, she can cast them, but not the mythic spells yet. She teleported out of the battle to get aid for her injuries during the battle. Meanwhile, the battle raged a force of 10 silver dragons arrived.

I sent word to get rings off the ones who laid upon the ground through Hitan, my Elven Warhorse. We tried to avoid killing them twice. This changed the enemy's focus to the silver dragons and we got a few more to drop to the ground as well in the process. After the Silver dragons left, I found we still had two in the air. I got their attention. They dove toward me. I got those two to drop and got the rings off of them.

I then unloaded an entire wand of fireballs on the black and blue to ensure they did not get up again. I only had to kill them once. I do not know when they got a hold of Moon Ray or Trisna Golden Bow. Unfortunately, they got those rings on them. This most likely occurred while in the throat of a red dragon which I had to kill twice.

It is true, I was casting chain lighting from inside the dragon. While the Moon Blade killed the body of Moon Ray, I was forced to kill Trisna's mindless body. It was while I was searching for 'Trisna' that I found her looking for you. I told her to come with me and we would go to the Queen. I lured her in and killed her. The other blade holders arrived and we broke up into smaller groups.

Having been to your secure shelter before, I took two with me, Silver Moon and Silverbar. We squared off with the red dragon in your shelter. I dropped him like the others as he charged toward us. The other two dove off to the side for flanking positions. His momentum pinned me. They got the rings off of him killed him and they freed me as we carved him up. We checked to see if you had been consumed when your wizard opened the other shelter, he had cast.

All that time Mirama Silver Sword was tending to the wounded including myself. Especially after I escaped from inside the dragon. My time inside the dragon after dropping two onto the same dragon caused significant injuries. Then the red dragon slammed into me in your quarters. I purified and destroyed those rings yesterday, Your Majesty."

She smiled, "You kept saying you dropped them in what manner did you accomplish this feat?"

Jarronus looked at her, "Your Majesty, with the use of force walls and the draconic magic spell force web. I managed to get one of them to cast it during the battle, I suspect Golden Bow could have done it given her family history, I know Brima Silverleaf did before she got injured and had to withdraw with a missing leg.

She snared one that was pursuing me when she got injured. Moon Ray had not studied the spells yet. I am working to teach those with the ability, how to cast those spells. Those with draconic bloodlines in their makeup."

She sighed and shook her head, "I would like Cleric Silver Sword and Master Blade Singer Silverleaf to join you. All of you take a knee."

They did as she asked. She made the two ladies dames and awarded them medals for heroism.

She got back to Jarronus, "I am at a loss at how to describe what to do with you. You have rescued me from 3 separate attacks, two by chromatic dragons. I award you yet another medal for heroism and I am making you a count. This title is hereditary. I am also appointing you to be my special adviser on security matters. Meaning my Guard Captains will be hearing from him as well as special projects to bolster our security. You may stand."

The room clapped for them but it is subdued for some reason. The Queen continues. "You will have noticed that the court is not as full as it has been. I found the culprits behind those hiring these dragons and drow assassins. A coup was in the works. I have removed two house branches disowning the young and had the elders executed.

It did not stop there. Three other houses were also involved to a lesser extent for one. They have suffered a similar fate. House Golden Bow being one of them. One dying to protect me and one trying to have me killed. Gold Star was involved as well. They have already been dealt with. The other being House Silverbar.

In that case, I left the blade wielder and his children to try and salvage the family with what little remains of their assets. I have added language to the heirs to the throne that must pass an investigation of the Moon Blade holders. If they find I was assassinated or the future rulers are. All House assets would go into a fund and be distributed in a manner consistent with the Rules put forth for House Silvertree.

A measure he has taken to try and eliminate corruption. After his father's will identified 49 involved in illegal activity including embezzlement. I also want to announce that for only the fortieth time I am awarding the Jarron Silverleaf medal for a lifetime of heroic achievement to Battle sorcerer Moon Ray."

Jarronus sighed, "Your Majesty, his son, and the new wielder of the blade is here and one of my apprentices."

She looked over, "Please step forward."

He stepped up and Jarronus stopped him as he got beside him.

She looked at him, "Please pass this along to your mother. Let her know that a monetary award comes with this medal for all of the years of dedicated service he has done for us. He will be sorely missed. Learn what you can from the Master Trainer because sometimes I do not even know how he does what he does."