All Comments on 'Sincere Apology'

by RobertaBob

Sort by:
  • 144 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The point of constantly changing between so many characters made it too difficult to follow. I couldn’t finish the first page.

Cringo31Cringo31about 2 years ago

Wow what a powerful story. I really enjoyed that you told it through the eyes of each character. That gave a voice to each person and their individual struggles. As someone who has dealt with the pain of my wife having 2 miscarriages I know the struggles that a marriage goes through. Thus author shows that it is such an individual challenge to know what is best for each of you. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Amazing depth of feeling from all four main characters. One of the best things I have read on this site. I won’t say one of my favorite though. It visits too many dark places. Not a happy story but real…and very very well done.

lujon2019lujon2019about 2 years ago

so its ok to be a cuck if the slut is crazy?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderful. TC Ireland

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasabout 2 years ago

You are a master storyteller.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 years ago

Great life story with a lot of wishes.

secretsalsecretsalabout 2 years ago

Powerful parallel stories, really good characters, all of them. Some readers probably won't be able to get over the fact that Mia cheated. For me, the rest of the story was so heavy and troubling that the cheating part barely registered.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow. That was powerful. Good job

SunnyU2SunnyU2about 2 years ago

Really good. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Really good. 'Nuff said.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 2 years ago

Absolute cuck trash.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 2 years ago

I read this with tears in my eyes but it was worth it.

Cito22Cito22about 2 years ago

A good read. A little heart wrenching and disturbing, but a good well written story

Cito22Cito22about 2 years ago

I forgot to add my question. If John was a one time thing, how did he know Mia was in the hospital?????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ok story - too long - wish I hadn't wasted time on it. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I wish I could give this story 6 stars! Awesome

mattenwmattenwabout 2 years ago

Wow, that was really heavy stuff for a sex story site. But you conveyed them delicately. Good work!

CriosCriosabout 2 years ago

Wow! Terrifying. Gut-wrenching. Hopeful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

When we go to rate a story, the stars have words beneath them, from "Hate it" to "Love it." Of course, whether we hate a story, love it, like or dislike it isn't entirely a reflection of how well written a story is. Our emotional reaction to a story also depends on what we are looking for when reading a story.

Emotionally I don't like, dislike, love or hate it so didn't rate it, but this story is an exceptionally impressive piece of writing.

ThorlolThorlolabout 2 years ago

Great story wich adresses a subject that no one talks about but has a very real impact on the women who miscarry and their close ones around them. @lujon2019 You should be ashamed for even thinking what you wrote. If thats really your opinion then it would mean that everyone who experienced something traumatic and cant get past it without help is crazy. So we should put everyone who is a soldier, police, firefighter or victim of traumatic crime into the loony bin? Neither was Mia a slut nor was Noah a cuck and it wasnt even the point of the story but I guess you missed that completly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Very good

Hard to read. Painful. But well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

In sickness and health is one thing but honestly I couldn't do it. She is very sick, yes, but what kind of life is it to live when she doesn't want you, doesn't want the baby, and rather then TELL you she wants you gone she instead cheats to drive you away?

Sad dark story that to me should be in non erotic or some other category.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I would let her bleed in this kitchen ya, call 911 but that is as far as I would go. Divorce papers next as who can sleep in the same house?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That was really hard to read.

.

2 **

JH4FunJH4Funabout 2 years ago
NOT WHAT I WAS EXPECTING

This story was definitely not what I expected a story in LW to be discussing. I gave it 5 stars. However, it was a take on an issue that I think most people who read the stories on literotica.com don’t think about in this detail.

The rest of this is personal opinion and is long winded.

Your story was well written with thoughts that only people I know who have experienced a miscarriage or an unwanted abortion because of outside pressures. The tie in of PTS with real life of non-combatants or emergency workers was a great touch to bring to light what everyday people can have to deal with in their lives.

Up front I was not sure if I would even get through the story to make the ending. But your writing showed that the emotions of someone who loves another so deeply that they would do anything to help them achieve their life dreams. These dreams they defined together and that the person does not believe they can be a part of fulling. Their love pushes them to do whatever it takes to make the love of their life go out an make those dreams come true.

Your story by bringing in a friend who had been to war brought reality into this story for people who have been there done that. Now others as they read the story had a reference to base PTS symptoms in the discussion.

You either have had experience with PTS or you have done your research on what it is like for a person. Being able to tie the symptoms to the degree you have on both a returning veteran and how two women and their families react to PTS was a great piece of writing.

Frank66Frank66about 2 years ago

Totally, completely, utterly...... FASCINATING! Not sure if I've ever read anything so interesting in my life. A brutal and real look into a world that I (and most of the nimrods here) know absolutely nothing about, told in such a gripping fashion. Incredible story of 2 couples and their struggles with miscarriages and PTSD. Thank you for this one.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 2 years ago

Very well written and poignant.

I guess my only disappointment was good old John not being charged with a crime.

It's very serious business to have sex with a mentally ill patient of yours. The loss of licenses is the least of what can happen.

While some of your stories aren't that satisfying, you have creative ideas and interesting plots and an engaging writing style.

This was a cut above the rest however.

Thanks for the effort and I always know I'm going to enjoy reading your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story! Very well written and emotional.

I feel about it like I feel about the movie Saving Private Ryan. Great movie, everyone should see it, never need to watch it again.

Great story, everyone should read it, probably never going to reread it. It was very emotional and I liked it but it’s definitely not a feel good, easy read. Thank you.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 years ago

This was absolutely different.

Gave it a 4 star for being unique. I think I never read something like this in LW.

But this was really mentally stressful to read.

The story keeps jumping from one character to the other,

and all those mental problems skillfully described by the author were very good and effective in contributing to a morbid Edgar Allan Poe-sque story.

/

Though this was quite good in my opinion but all that quick jump from one character to the next made me dizzy.

SDN1955SDN1955about 2 years ago

Very dark story that did, finally, come into some light.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Damn. You win lit today.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was harrrd. Thank you for keeping your characters honest and real. I remember going through a miscarriage with my wife. I always had to be strong for her and never got a chance, or permission, to grieve myself. Your story has triggered so many emotions: I think I’m done functioning for today.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Don't think anybody wants to read about the agony of miscarriage on a porn site. Bad choice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Cluster fuck

Just get rid of the whores.

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulayabout 2 years ago

This is your best story yet. I honestly don't know what to say. It's so powerful, it's just incredible.

GarySmith69GarySmith69about 2 years ago

Well written but difficult. It is hard to understand if you have not gone through this experience. The mind is a strange thing and can be changed by traumatic experiences. Changing personality is one of them. And yes i get that Mia cheated but i think circumstances as they were sone slack should be given. Let's be honest crazy people do crazy things that's why they are called "Crazy"...thanks for story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Cito22, I don't think John was at the ER for Mia. We don't see why he came in, but we do see the new emergency he picked up while he was there. :D

Driven2ReadDriven2Readabout 2 years ago

5***** All the hallmarks of a great story. It drew me in, played with my emotions, made me think, delivered a great mental image ... out f'n standing!

dc6370dc6370about 2 years ago

Powerful! To Cito. Mia was in the ER, waiting transport. John was a hospital employee, and hospital employees have a tendency to walk into hospitals.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Exceptionally well done, except for the momentary, unnecessary virtue signaling about so-called "sexism". 555555555555

This is under-scored.

patilliepatillieabout 2 years ago

Oh my, that was a stupendous piece of writing! 5 stars all day long. Do you have some experience with PTSD and miscarriages? I mean that was spectacular. The first 3 pages were off the charts good. Really fine work double Bob. Written in a way that captivated me, spurred me forward, and wrapped me up in the emotions of the situations the characters found themselves in.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

This story really gripped me emotionally. Several family members and close friends in my life have faced exactly what this story is about. You did a crazy good job of the impact miscariages had on the mothers, and a decent job of representing the husbands. I never thought about the PTSD angle, but I see it now and get it. Your writing is so close, so raw, I have to think you're writing from first hand experience as well. God bless you and to anyone in your life that has been down this road. 5+*

Regguy69Regguy69about 2 years ago

Seriously heavy stuff. I am still ashamed of how I treated my wife when she miscarried 30 years ago. I was younger and stupid and my way of dealing with it was pretend it didn’t happen. My wife needed support and loving reassurances, I was oblivious. Thank God she is a strong person and had several really close girlfriends that helped her get by. I have apologized to her many times over the past few decades and she has graciously forgiven me, maybe one day I’ll forgive me too.

Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You must keep writing. One of the finest stories I've read on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I've never commented on any story on this site before, but the last sentence really moved me. Well done!

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 2 years ago

WOW! This story set me back on my heals. It was a little hard in the beginning because I had to learn who was married to who, but as soon as I could wrap my head around that it really started to come together. Thank you for writing it and thank you for all the thought you put into your story. 5+ stars. One of the best.

Cito22 - John didn't know he was just coming into work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This story is what this category is all about. The good. The bad. The ugly. All the messy things that have to do with marriage relationships in our modern day. Real.

It's hard. It does not always end well.

Not one willing cuckold in this story. And the one incident of cheating...mental illness was responsible...and revenge was served immediately.

Fuck off to the asshats here that have posted and will post "cuck shit". Listen mouth breathers...if you think this story was "cuck shit"? Just log off and run off to gym where you shoot up your roids, and give your muscle bound bros high fives. And please don't procreate.

Very good story. Thank you.

SlithyToveSlithyToveabout 2 years ago

Absolutely fabulous story about a subject rarely explored on this site. Complex characters, unexpected plot developments, and pieces tied up as nicely as one could reasonably expect. Bravo!

ohioohioabout 2 years ago

Absolutely fucking amazing story. One of the most powerful and moving things I have ever read on this site. Beautifully imagined (or at least I hope so--hope no one in your life actually had to live through this), and utterly compelling from beginning to end.

Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Powerful

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 2 years ago

Sweet story. 5-star effort.

Please write another.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Post-partum depression is a very bad illness. My mother miscarried 5 times before I was born- on her 24th birthday...

phill1cphill1cabout 2 years ago

started out hating it. Ended up loving it. The depth of character development was awesome!! NOT the same old "husband good, wife slut" fare.

Awesome job, thanks!

I gave it a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Damn good story. Damn damn damn good.

phill1cphill1cabout 2 years ago

"so its ok to be a cuck if the slut is crazy?..."

Well that was dumb.

First of all, he broke the guy's nose and forced him to leave town. So, the cuckolding, not so much. Then, yes, if you're drugged or otherwise mentally incapacitated you shouldn't be held responsible for a 5-pump 'tryst' with a serial rapist.

Ever been in a romantic relationship before? Or has just been sluts...poor you.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 2 years ago

One of the most interesting reads. I'm sure the source of this story was powerful. Thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Stunning. And heartbreaking. Best, most heart wrenching story I have read aim a very long time. Thank you.

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 2 years ago

I’m not sure that I love this story. But I gave it five stars anyway, because you earned them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow, just outstanding and very well done! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Fucking spectacular. 5 well earned stars

Rocket081960Rocket081960about 2 years ago

Wow! Great story! Well written and enjoyable, but still a tough read.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 2 years ago

Powerful.

The reconciliation of Noah and Mia

was understandable.

But the rationalization was not.

The writer could so easily have had Noah ask himself

if he was better with or without Mia.

And that would've worked.

'In sickness or health' didn't work.

Those wows also have 'Forsaking all others'.

Why would he respect his wows after she broke hers?

Did mental illness free her from her wows?

What is she fucked shithead ten times

or fucked ten men?

No, wows had no clout here.

Nor did he blaming himself making her pregnant.

It was their decision, not his.

And that's why this story only gets 4 out of 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Simply brilliant. Worth at least 10 stars. Great character development and portrayals of real life people. It's so sad to have to acknowledge that Mia's illness is common in women.

In answer to Cito22's question about John knowing Mia was on the hospital, he was there for the session he led that Betsy was there to attend. I must admit that a story so capable of drawing you in, Cito didn't pick up on that.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

yeah, it had some errors and some bad sentence structure. but damn the depth of emotion in this makes those harmless. u should have titled it a Portrait of Love bc thats what it was. tyvm for the read. whats up with that score kind of low for this story

Joeyiluv69Joeyiluv69about 2 years ago

Whooooaaa. Excellent read. The characters pulled me in. You did an excellent job conveying Mia's mental state. And the use of Betsy and Lawson's ordeal helped balance out the story.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

Not even close to what I was expecting. Well written story, and far deeper than anything I can recall reading.

The characters were well done, not just shallow copies from others stories.

And hey, you had the cheating wife so no one, except the diaper wearing ones, can complain.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilabout 2 years ago

Top Notch!

Not exactly pleasurable, but a hell of a story. Full marks.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 2 years ago

Holy shit, this was amazing. The way the story unfolds,how the loss affects both women is amazing, it shows what trauma does to everyone. Lawson and Noah are amazing men as well.

The DA if he prosecuted Noah would likely find himself the victim of a blanket party and unless he was fucking retarded would know no jury would convict him. John was a creep who seduced a woman under his care. And what planet did the DA grow up in? A therapist having sex w a patient who is mentally ill is statutory rape, besides being an ethics issue.Mia couldn't consent, period. He should have been charged w tape.

Again beautifully written. About the only thing I would have loved to have seen was an epilog about Bradley, he deserves and ending too,cried for him.

As far as those of you calling this a cuck story, now I can understand conspiracy theory believes, severely lacking reasoning skills.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is a fantastic story. Intelligent, different, real, gripping. Really well written. Thank you for it.

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 2 years ago

Holy smokes! Absolutely intense! Heart rending. Couldn’t stop reading. So emotional. And, by the way, very well written! Thanks very much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was an odd story with a very unorthodox infrastructure it should have turned out in the trash folder but you managed to craft it into a wonderfully entertaining story! I don’t know how you did it but you did and you did it well! The tragedies, the drama, the sex, the mystery, the dominance, the violence, the romance, and the humor, all combined into a powerfully evocative and romantic dark comedy! I can only think of one truly fitting word to sum you up with, (judging only by this particular story) , magnificent! 5 well earned stars and many more if I could

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Like a Stev2244 story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It reminds me of the time we went to NY and decided to see a show and picked The Book of Mormon. I thought it would be some jokes poking fun at the religion. What I didnt know and didnt like was the female genital mutilation topic that was brought up several times. I guess it was their way to bring awareness to the issue but The Message detracted from the funny. This story was like that.

robinhodrobinhodabout 2 years ago

Sorry, couldn't get past the first page.

WargamerWargamerabout 2 years ago

A powerful story. I enjoyed it

Well done, scores 5/5

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 2 years ago

Amazing writing. Thank you.

BentNotBrokenBentNotBrokenabout 2 years ago

Wow. Powerful stuff. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thank You. stars do not really count, five platinum - gold would be an insult.

PolyLvrPolyLvrabout 2 years ago

Great story. Very heavy and well written.

Re:Cito John worked at the hospital

TN_Country_BoyTN_Country_Boyabout 2 years ago

I almost hate that I took time to read the comments. There are real assholes who rate the story poorly for such pathetic reasons. Disregard all that shit! Ya done good, and don't let anyone tell you different. For Cito22, John was coming in to lead the group therapy, not because he was looking for Mia. Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

First, John would have lost his nursing license for having sex with a patient. Mia is a nut case, Noah should be running as fast away as he can!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

LE doesn’t deserve a story this compelling and well-written. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great writing! Good intertwined stories. Thank you!

waifwaifabout 2 years ago

I do not understand readers on this site. This is an amazingly well written story that covers some seriously deep issues. The subject matter fit into the LW genre. This was not anywhere close to being a RAAC, nor was it a BtB. I so often read comments from people about the difference between adultery that is planned and an accidental, intoxicated, coerced, or mentally-incompetent event.

Only the most Neanderthal of readers could find issue with how this story is resolved. This is how the real world looks. The low rating is an embarrassment to anyone who reads and comments on this site. LW is, by far, the most challenging genre on this site because of the polarity of those two camps (BtB v. RAAC) yet, if any story in this field should bridge the gap and draw accolades from both sides. this is it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Observations:

"I get out of bed and try to hold life together..." That's about all any of us can do.

No man will ever know the pain a woman goes through after a miscarriage or other unsuccessful pregnancy, and no woman will ever know the pain her husband goes through, even though it's not his body. Author(s?) seem to understand this. As has been said, powerful stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I had two aunts that each miscarried five times each, and both gave up. It was back in the day that there was no contraception methods, except pulling out before you blow, or become celebite. Post-partem blues is very serious, some men can't handle it, which is sad, for if done right with patience, the husband will help greatly bringing his wife back to her real self. It's called " love" lots of love. Telling this story from different perspectives must have been difficult. Well done. Keep writing.

XYZ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

snippets from different people....could never get rolling. Just as I started to develop an interest you jump to another person.

this works in a book if you give each person 8 to 10 pages......it does not in a short story.

CatMotherCatMotherabout 2 years ago

Really excellent work. Literate, well written and a compelling intertwined narrative that deals with serious, and real, issues. Brava!

SkubabillSkubabillabout 2 years ago

I started reading this yesterday and kept putting it down because miscarriage & mental instability are tough subjects for me. Finally finished it just now. It is well written but not a good subject for me. Four stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

marvelous and we[[-written

Omegaman56Omegaman56about 2 years ago

This is an absolutely great LW. The woman was mentally ill. Out of her mind.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A magnificently constructed story written about topics not often addressed in any public forum let alone on one such as this. Thank you for courage in submitting this thought story. I hope my five stars inspires you to continue to continue contributing to the site.

Fails_At_WritingFails_At_Writingabout 2 years ago

Wow. What a roller coaster. This one is going to seriously upset some of the more extreme parts of the LW readership.

Me? I just wandered through 4 and a bit pages of a bunch of lives of real seeming people dealing with really, really heavy stuff. Very well written. I won’t say it’s a fun read, but it is a very, very good one.

Well done.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 2 years ago

Been there, done that. You don't know about the vast number of people who lose a child until it happens to you. People pop out of the woodwork to comfort you and assure you that you will survive and that 'we won't talk about this again.' The next two worked, one will be 33 in a couple weeks and the other will be 31 in a couple months. We talk about 'Fred' every once in a while, but are comforted knowing he just wasn't ready to face this world. Sad to read a story about the dark side, but it is very, very real.

WilkerbeastWilkerbeastabout 2 years ago

It took a minute to get all the players organized in my mind, but I did. Good, smart writing. Well made. I like it. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A well written story. I am a big guy, but as I write this, tears are running down my cheeks, and my own problems have melted away. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Damn, That's hard.

But your writing is riveting, and the story is sound. Thank you.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRobertaBob@RobertaBob
I write long fiction. When I run into a block, I pound out short erotica to get the mojo flowing.

SIMILAR Stories