Sins of Our Fathers Ch. 03

Story Info
Riley and Gavin are reunited.
8.6k words
4.83
12.1k
16

Part 3 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 02/17/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Warning: we are getting into it. The sexual scenes that take place in this chapter do contain non-consensual sex, humiliation, forced orgasms. If you don't like those types of stories, don't read this. The characters are villains -- bad guys -- doing things that villains do. I do not condone these actions in any way or believe that these actions in reality are ever acceptable. It is just a story.

Last chance to turn back if you're not into it. For those who do -- I hope you enjoy this next chapter! Please share your comments and feedback (good and bad!). Given the longer break between chapters 2-3, I'm hoping to have Chapter 4 out in a couple of days.

* * * * *

Chase keeps his hands off Riley as they walk silently down a hallway towards the back of the house. She follows him without argument, without even the thought of running. Between what she just saw with James, the growing pain in her side, and the complete understanding that Chase's quiet calm is just a cover for how truly brutal he can be -- she doesn't have it in her to fight in this moment. He stops her just outside of a door at the end of a long hallway. Riley looks around as Chase opens the door, wondering who else might be in this giant house.

Chase pulls Riley into the room and closes the door behind them. She quickly realizes it's an office. The room looks older and less modern than the rest of the house. There is a big wooden desk across from a large brown leather couch, and book cases lining the walls. He wouldn't kill me in here , Riley thinks to herself. It'd be too far to carry my body.

Riley takes the room in. A picture frame on one of the bookshelves catches her eye. She walks towards it. In the photo are two smiling, young teenage boys and their fathers. The boys are holding up trophies, dressed in basketball uniforms. She immediately recognizes both of them. She picks it up in her hands, utterly confused. She looks at Chase.

"This is my brother," she says. She swallows. "And yours... and... our..."

Chase walks towards her. He stares down at the frame. The boys couldn't have been older than maybe 14. "Yeah, it is. They were friends."

"But why would you... I don't understand why you would keep this."

Chase grabs it from her and places it back on the shelf. "As a reminder of who the enemy is. And how he became the enemy."

Riley makes a face. "Was it all that drug trafficking and murder your father was doing?"

Chase just laughs. "Sit, Riley," Chase tells her. He motions to the couch.

"I'm not a dog!" she yells at him. She realizes the error as soon as she bites back at him. He raises his eyebrows and crosses his arms across his chest. Riley silently complies and sits down. Chase walks over towards the desk and looks at a few things before sitting down on the edge of it, staring at her, just watching her. Riley pulls her knees to her chest, clearly uncomfortable.

"This was my father's office," he says. Riley swallows. The fact that he is so calm and casual after killing someone just a few moments before makes her even more afraid of him. She wonders how many people he's killed like that -- as if he were just doing something mundane like ordering coffee. "I didn't always agree with the way he did things, but I loved him. It's gut wrenching to lose a parent, isn't it?" Riley turns away from him, crossing her arms against her knees, and burying her face in her elbow, trying to hide her tears. "You know, I watched my father die. Was your father dead when you found him? Or was he quietly gasping for air, clinging to life?"

"Stop," Riley mumbles quietly. But he doesn't.

"That was harder than losing him. Seeing him lying there, lifeless, so close to death, not being able to help. You just feel so... lost. Broken." He pauses. He pushes off the desk and walks towards her. He sits down next to her, and reaches out a hand to gently turn her towards him. "Did you try to fix him? I remember, hearing during the trial that you had blood on your hands when they found you. They thought you had tried to fix him. That you didn't understand that he couldn't be fixed."

This is worse, she thinks. This is worse than anything physical he could do to her. He looks deep into her eyes, watching them overflowing with tears. She's trying so hard not to give him the satisfaction. "You must have been scared. Watching my father die was the most scared I've ever felt. We have that in common."

She wipes her nose, sniffling. She can barely get the words out. "We aren't the same! I didn't choose this life. You did. You had a whole life with your father. I barely remember mine. And my mother. Both of them. Your brother took them from me. And your father..."

"Our families are a lot more alike than you think, Riley. You and me, your brother and my brother, even our fathers."

She shakes her head, angry now. "No! That's not true!"

He laughs. "You are hopelessly clueless," he says, looking at her. "Aren't you?"

"No! Your family is a bunch of criminals who built their lives off of hurting other people. We are nothing like you! My father was a good man. My brother is a good man." She leans towards him. "Your father was a degenerate and your brother is a murderer!" she yells into his face.

Chase grabs her chin roughly and she gasps. Holding her face so he can stare deep into her eyes. He is so close to her she can feel his breath on her cheeks. "Careful Riley, so am I." They stare at each other for a few seconds, Riley's breath heavy, before he smiles at her and pulls back. "Maybe it's time we give your brother a call." He pauses, "what do you think? Face time?"

Chase takes his phone out of his pocket and starts dialing Ben's number.

Ben is standing in his living room, wondering what to do next when he hears the phone ring. He looks down at a number he doesn't recognize and picks up. "Hello?"

"Hi Ben. How are you? You having a nice night?"

He stares puzzled at the face looking back at him. "Chase?"

"You know, it is uncanny, Ben. How much Riley looks like your father." Ben feels like he's going to vomit. He's stunned into silence. "She's tough like him too."

"I want to talk to her."

Chase turns the phone, grabbing Riley by the hair, and pulling her across his lap. He holds the phone up so Ben can see her. She groans in pain, his hand tight against her scalp. Ben stares back at his sister. She looks relatively okay -- just scared. Her eyes are bloodshot and he can tell she's been crying. She can't help it; the minute she sees her brother's face she starts sobbing.

"Ben! Ben, I'm really sorry. I..."

"Riley, are you all right? Has he hurt you?"

"I'm okay." She looks at Chase. "Ben, we're in the..."

Chase quickly covers her mouth with his hand, pulling her against him, and continuing to talk to Ben. "You didn't hold up your end of the deal, Ben. So you owe my brother and me something, don't you?"

"You don't need to involve her in this. We had a deal. You and me. It doesn't involve her and it sure as hell doesn't have to involve your brother.."

"You scared, Ben?"

"Chase, come on. You know what he's capable of. She's 18 years old. Let's settle this you and me. No one else."

Chase looks down at Riley. "Good. Fear is a great motivator." Riley struggles to rip Chase's hand off her mouth. "You call me when you have what's mine, and keep your FBI friends away in the meantime. I'll do what I can to avoid taking her apart piece by piece."

"I don't have it, Chase. You know that."

Chase takes a deep breath, looking down at Riley, and then back to Ben. "That's unfortunate. Maybe she could work it off. I'm not usually in the human trafficking game, but I have some connections. Pretty young girls like her always fetch a good price." Riley struggles against him and looks pleadingly at her brother.

"Don't even..."

"You have three days Ben. Bring me what you owe me, or she'll earn it for me."

Ben shakes his head -- a mix of fear and anger overwhelms him. "If you hurt her, I swear to God, I'll kill you with my bare hands."

"You have a good night, Ben." He ends the call and drops his hand from her mouth. She moves away from him but turns to face him.

"What was that about?" she asks. "What deal? What does he owe you?" Chase just shakes his head. "What does he owe you? Chase!" He is annoyed with her little teenage temper tantrum.

"Get up." Riley folds her arms across her chest.

"What does he owe you? What the hell are you talking about?"

"I said, get up." He repeats it slower. Riley is livid. She feels like there is a secret that involves her, and yet he won't tell her. She takes another swing at him, and he catches her fist in his hand, squeezing it. He pulls her up by that arm, keeping his hand on her. "Don't. Ever. Do That. Again."

Riley is trembling as she stares at him. He pulls her closer to him. "Listen to me. I'm a bad guy, who's generally a good guy. I don't make a habit of hurting women, especially ones so young. I don't want to hurt you. But in the last four hours, you've broken someone's nose, tried to run away, gotten a man killed, punched me in the face, and pulled a gun on me. That means you're out of chances. If you try something stupid again, you will regret it, do you understand me?"

Riley nods, partially too afraid to speak, partially too afraid to give him the satisfaction of a verbal answer. He grabs her around the throat and squeezes, slightly cutting off her air. She grabs at his hand.

"I need you to hear you say, 'yes.'" He squeezes her throat and releases, but keeps his hand on her neck.

"Yes."

"Yes what?" He squeezes again, harder this time, cutting off her air and making her face red, before releasing her again.

"Yes, I understand you. I'll be good."

He drops his hands to her shoulders, gently massaging them, staring deep into her eyes. "Good. Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, Riley. Test me again you will learn my limits for rebellion." Riley blinks a tear out of her eye.

He lets go of her and shoves her towards the door. He opens it. Logan is standing there, leaning against the wall, and looking like he's not sure where he is. Chase pushes Riley towards him.

"Take her to the guest room on the third floor. Lock her in. Make sure she doesn't go anywhere." He looks at her. He can tell what she's thinking. "I should tell my brother we have a guest."

* * * * *

Logan and Riley reach the third floor having said nothing to each other. He unlocks the door to the room and motions for her to walk inside. Riley enters and looks around her. The room is fairly large with a good amount of open space. There is a tall wardrobe in the corner, and a modern looking four poster king sized bed with a grey comforter. The bed is nicely made, as if it's usually a guest room and not a place to stash prisoners. There is also a small round table with two chairs, and a black chaise opposite the bed. There are no windows, but a large sliding door leading out onto a balcony. Riley looks at it. She wonders how far down it is.

"It's locked," Logan says to her, almost reading her mind. "And the glass is shatter proof." Riley stares at him. "They um... they keep people in here sometimes. You're lucky. There are other places here that aren't so..." he trails off. She doesn't feel lucky. She feels sick.

"How many times have you done this, Logan?" she quietly asks.

He ignores her question. "I'm sorry it had to be this way. If you weren't who you are and I wasn't... I mean... maybe in a different world we could have..."

Riley stares at him for a second and slaps him across the face as hard as she can. His faces barely moves with the blow, but he adjusts his jaw to the light sting of her hand. "Don't! Don't you do that! Don't make yourself feel better about what you did to me."

"It's true, Riley."

She starts screaming now. "Liar! You fucking liar! I liked you! I trusted you." She slaps him again. Again, he barely flinches. She is sure her hand stings more than his face.

He pauses for a moment and looks at her. "I know you did."

The anger starts to overpower any amount of fear she has. "You, you... you did things to me, you made me think you care about me." Her eyes widen. "You... you tried to have sex with me!"

"Yeah, I did." She can't believe how casual he is being about all of this.

The emotions overwhelm her, and she starts to cry. "Was any of it true? Is your name Logan?"

He shakes his head. "It's Austin. Shaw. My name is Austin Shaw. Logan was my grandfather's... He was an associate of my grandfather's. Gavin thought it might be funny if... it was stupid."

"You work for your uncle?"

"Yes."

Logan vacillates between an immense sense of guilt for how she feels in this moment -- for his part in that, and a sheer duty to his family that makes him not care that she is clearly gutted by what he has done to her.

Riley, just feels lost. And now that they are alone, she wants answers. "How old are you? Are you even in college?" she asked.

"No. Not anymore. I was a Lit major at Brown. I graduated a couple of years ago. I'm 24." Her face drops.

"I'm 18."

"I know." He pauses. The guilt fading, and the anger returning with the accusatory tone he hears in her voice. "You're not a child, Riley. You're old enough."

Riley shakes her head. "Old enough? For what? Old enough to be lied to? Manipulated? Was this fun for you?" She pauses. "Old enough? You're sick, you know that?"

He steps in close to her. He toys with a loose strand of her hair that has fallen out of her braid and looks into her eyes seductively. "No. You're old enough to fuck, Riley. And yes. Every part of it was fun -- except for the part where you didn't want to."

Riley stares at him stunned. Logan realizes he probably went too far. He takes a deep breath. "You have no idea what they aren't telling you. You're clueless Riley, about your entire family."

Riley folds her arms across her chest. "Does it change anything? Do you think anything you know about my family changes anything? Your uncle murdered my parents, while I was asleep upstairs. He left me alive to torture me."

"Your father murdered my grandfather," he yells.

"My father was doing his job! If your grandfather wasn't a criminal, maybe he wouldn't be dead."

"And maybe if your father was better at his job, he wouldn't be dead either," he tells her.

She moves to slap him and he grabs both of her hands and pushes her against the wall, holding both of her wrists in his hands. Riley is as shocked as he is that he put his hands on her. A tear runs down her face.

.

"Go ahead. Hit me."

"No. I told you, I'm not going to hurt you."

She bites her lip. "You did hurt me. So much."

His face drops and he lets go of her. "I'm sorry."

She shoves him. "Stay the hell away from me."

Logan reaches into his pocket. He pulls out a cable tie. "Fine. I'm just going to tie you to the bed, then I'll leave."

She tries to pull away from him. But he is stronger than her. She never once looked at him and thought the masculine strength he had, the one that had turned her on so much, would now be used against her. She has no chance as she struggles against him. "No! Stop it! You don't have to..." She tries to fight him off. He doesn't want to hurt her, but she's fighting so hard. She screams as he throws her down on the bed. "Logan! Austin! Please!" She scrambles backwards off it, trying to get away from him. He grabs her wrist, trying to pull her back.

Gavin enters the room. They both freeze. Logan lets go of her. Riley looks up and her eyes glaze over in horror.

"Lot of noise in here."

"Hey, Uncle Gavin."

Riley tries to back away from him. She hasn't seen him in ten years, and yet, he looks exactly the same -- his chiseled good looks hiding the darkness inside of him.. All she can see is his face as he so casually stood over her parents' bodies that night.

Riley had wandered into the living room, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She hadn't seen Gavin at first. He was standing in the corner, talking to Brian. Both of her parents were on the floor next to each other, face down. She knelt down next to them.

"Daddy," she asked, trying to shake him awake. "Daddy, wake up."

Gavin had walked over then, crouching down next to her and putting a hand on her back. She was too confused to even be scared.

"Are they sleeping?" she had asked him.

"No," he had replied, casually, and matter of fact. "They're dead. I killed them."

"Why?"

"Because I'm a very bad man. And I didn't like your father. He was a liar and a coward and a murderer."

"No he wasn't."

"Yes, sweetheart, he was. Your daddy killed my daddy. You think he was a good man. But he wasn't. He was a bad guy."

She had punched him then, her eyes filled with her tears. Her hand ached the moment it hit his face. He grabbed her, pulling her towards him. The tears ran down her cheeks. Gavin brought his thumb to her face, wiping them from her eyes. "Don't cry sweetheart. Crying over a dead father, won't bring him back. I should know."

Riley sniffled. "Are you going to hurt me now?"

He shook his head and kissed her forehead. "No, no sweetheart, not today."

She can feel her heart pounding in her chest, and she is confident they can hear it, or least feel how scared she is. Gavin looks at his nephew.

"Is there a problem here? It sounds like your girlfriend is having a hard time understanding who's in charge." He looks over at her.

"No. I get it. You're in charge and I'll do what you want."

Gavin laughs. "You can go, Austin. I'll take it from here."

She inches closer to Logan and looks at Gavin. Gavin sees her shaking and he smiles to himself. He figured she'd be scared of him, but there is nothing like seeing it in the flesh. Riley grabs onto Logan's shirt. "Please, please don't leave me here with him. Please!"

Logan feels her fear as she pleads with him. Part of him cares. Part of him is afraid of what his uncle is about to do to her. But he can't allow those parts to win. If he allows himself to be empathetic to her, she wins. Her family wins. "I'm sorry, Riley." He says, pulling her hands off of him. He backs away from her.

"Logan!" She remembers his name. "Austin, please!" she begs.

He just turns and leaves. Gavin follows him to the door, locking it behind him. Riley stares at him, sliding along the wall to get away from him. She had always seen him as a monster, but he looks... normal. Wearing slightly distressed jeans, and a worn brown belt and dark blue quarter zip sweater with a t-shirt underneath-- he doesn't even have shoes on. He looks completely at ease and at home. She is embarrassed that despite her fear and hatred of him, she can't help but find him disgustingly attractive.

Gavin moves over towards her, sizing her up. "God, it has been a long time. You are so grown up. You look just like your father, do you know that?" Why does everyone keep telling her that?

She backs up towards the center of the room, inching away from him the closer he gets to her. He stalks her like prey. "Stay away from me." He moves in close to her and reaches out to touch her face. She turns away. "No! Don't touch me!" She yells at him, wondering if she'll regret that. She tries to step back and he pulls her into him, holding onto her wrist.

"You're afraid of me..." He leans in close to her. "That's so hot." Why is he saying it like that, she wonders.

He's too close to punch, so she does the only thing she can think of. She reaches up for his face, clawing at him, leaving a diagonal scratch across his cheek that trickles lightly with blood. The moment she does it, she regrets it. He gives her a sinister smile, pausing long enough to let the fear of what is about to happen to her linger in the air. He drops her wrist and dabs at his cheek. He licks the blood off of his fingers, and without warning, he backhands her across the face, putting his weight behind it. She falls to the floor and collapses with a thud. Blood is dripping from her mouth and her nose. She lays dazed on the ground for a moment. James' punch to the stomach had knocked the wind out of her -- but having spent her life playing competitive sports, she was no stranger to a soccer ball in the gut, a hard hit that landed her on the ground and took her breath away. This was like nothing she had ever felt. She had never been hit before. Beyond just the sheer dominance and humiliation of the fact that a man could do this to her, she can't believe how much it hurts.