Sins of Our Fathers Ch. 04

Story Info
Riley escapes. And pays dearly.
10.9k words
4.6
12.8k
7

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 02/17/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Despite some advice from a friend -- I am resubmitting this chapter. I think it will flow significantly better with what I have planned. I have left it LARGELY the same, but have made minor updates to bring in more of that intense emotional realism you all seem to be enjoying -- and I really LOVE writing. Thank you to those that have stuck this out. Chapter 5 is in the works.

*

Julie and Megan have left by the time that Matt knocks on the door. It's the middle of the night now, and he's half asleep. But Ben called him in a panic and he felt like he had to come over.

Abby lets him in. Ben is in the living room, confused and unsure what to do. Matt approaches him. "Ben, what's going on?"

Ben looks at Abby. "Maybe you should get to bed? There isn't anything you can do right now."

Abby nods. She knows she won't sleep -- but she senses Ben's cue that he wants to be alone. She gives him a kiss on the cheek and disappears down the hall. Ben looks at Matt, not sure what to say.

Matt repeats himself. "What's going on, Ben?"

"I need your help."

"Okay. Do you want to sit down?" Ben nods and the two sit on the couch. Matt can sense something terrible has terrible has happened. "Whatever you need, Ben. I'm here to help."

"Gavin and Chase took Riley." He chokes the words out.

Matt stares stunned for a minute. "Are you sure?"

He nods. "Chase called me. About two hours ago. He had her."

Matt is still shocked. "Is she okay? Did they hurt her?"

"She's scared, but no, I don't think so. Not yet."

Matt pauses to ponder his partner for a moment. "Why'd you call me? We need to call John. We need to get a team together."

Ben looks at him. "We can't."

"Ben, this is our job. They always say not to involve the police, but this is our job. This is what we do. We can find her. We can get her back before they hurt her."

Ben shakes his head. "You don't understand. We can't," he tells him. "There are some things that I have to tell you about my father. And Robert Sharpe." He pauses. "It's bad."

Matt nods. "Okay, let's talk," he says.

* * * * *

Logan enters Riley's room with a glass of water and some pain meds. He doesn't know why he's there -- maybe to check to see that his uncle didn't kill her. Her back is to him. She's lying on top of the blankets, in clothes that are not hers -- a loose t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants. Based on the sheer size of them, he's guessing they're Gavin's. She holds in her breath when she hears footsteps in the room, not wanting to know who it is. Thinking the worst -- that Gavin has come back for her. She notices, however, that she doesn't hear the sound of a lock on the door. He's left it open.

"I know you're awake," Logan says.

Riley contemplates ignoring him, but at this point, it feels like a wasted battle. She turns over on the bed, and faces him. Her hands are tied together in front of her, and one of her ankles is tied to the bed frame. She has a welt on her face, and a bit of a swollen lip. Logan winces when he sees her.

"He hit you?"

She nods. "It feels worse than it looks," she says smugly.

"I brought you some water, and some pain meds. It will help." He moves towards the bed, grabbing her shoulders and pulling her into a seated position.

She winces and shakes his hands off of her. "I don't want it. Just leave me alone."

He sits down on the bed next to her. "You don't trust me, now?" He smiles, trying to be charming.

She scoffs. "I mean, I can't imagine why I wouldn't. What with all the lying, pretending you were someone else and luring me into a trap thing."

He rolls his eyes. "I didn't drug the water. And these are just aspirin. You can see. I brought the bottle." She shakes her head. He can tell how weary she is. "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face, Riley. I know I put you in this mess, but I'm trying to help you now."

He's right. She doesn't want to admit it. But he's right. She nods. "Okay," she says. He uses a knife to cut through the cable ties on her wrists and her ankle so she can sit up more comfortably. She takes the water, and the aspirin, taking two from the bottle. She drinks the entire thing quickly. She hands him back the glass.

He looks her over. Looking closer, he can see bruises all over her. "You should sleep. You look exhausted."

She has to get out of here. She watches him look at her -- still longing, and yet angry. "Logan?" she asks. He pauses. She shifts her eyes down and softens her voice. "Should I be calling you that... I... It feels weird to call you Austin."

"Yeah," he says, kindly. "It's fine. You can call me Logan. What is it Riley?"

"Will you stay with me?"

He pauses. "Riley, I don't think that's such a good idea." He looks at her. She looks so sad and helpless. "You should get to sleep. I'll bring you something to eat in the morning." He turns to leave and Riley thinks of the only thing she can to make him stay.

"He raped me." Logan stops as she confirms what he expected the moment he saw she wasn't wearing her own clothes. He doesn't turn around. He doesn't want to face her. "Three times." She is manipulating him, yes, but the truth of the words on her tongue causes her to lose it. She starts to cry. As she sobs and sniffles, Logan watches her. His heart aches for her. He remembers how scared she seemed earlier that night, when she was telling him that she didn't feel ready. To have that, only hours later, taken from her without her choice -- he sympathizes with her for the first time. He stares at her for a moment, contemplating what to do. "I don't want to be alone," she tells him.

He walks over towards the bed. He puts a hand on her back, comforting her. "I'm sorry, Riley. I'm sorry he did that to you." Now she has him where she wants him. She rests her head on his shoulder, the sound of her slow crying in his ear. "And I'm sorry for my part in it."

"Can you just stay, please?" she asks. "I don't want to be alone." He nods and lays down next to her on the bed. Riley leans over, resting her head on his chest, and wrapping her arm around him. "Just hold me, okay?" she says.

Awkwardly, he puts his hand on her back, rubbing it gently, and running his fingers through her hair. She knows she has him right where she wants him. She nuzzles her face against his chest, her hand lightly brushing against his body. He sighs, enjoying this protector role. He closes his eyes. He is asleep within minutes.

Riley waits him out, making sure he is sound asleep, before she crawls out from underneath his arm. She stands up, making sure to silently tiptoe across the room. Whether its early or late, she can't be sure. It's still dark out and she is banking on everyone being asleep.

It's pouring outside, and Riley knows how cold it is, but it doesn't matter. She will get out of here. She reaches the door and looks back, Logan is still sleeping. She turns the handle slowly. She was right -- he did leave it unlocked. She moves slowly out the door, leaving it open.

She makes it down two flights of stairs to the first floor, before she hears Logan behind her.

"Riley! God damn it!" He is chasing after her. Riley opens the front door and takes off running. She is immediately pelted with cold freezing rain. She runs as fast as she can, sprinting down the driveway.

* * * * * *

Logan sprints down to the second floor and into his uncle's room. He doesn't want Gavin's help -- but based on what happened earlier he's more convinced Chase will kill her if he catches her. Gavin is taking too much pleasure out of torturing her to kill her now.

Gavin is asleep and bolts upright as his door opens.

"Austin, what is it?"

"It's Riley. She ran."

Gavin rolls his eyes. "How did that happen?" Gavin hops out of bed.

"I... I forgot to lock the door and we fell asleep. I..."

Gavin puts his shoes on. "You were in there with her?" Gavin is clearly angry. "You untied her? What were you thinking?"

Logan shakes his head. "She was upset and scared." Gavin shrugs. "You raped her."

"There's a lot of judgment in that tone. Are you just jealous that I fucked her and you didn't? When we get her back, maybe I can hold her down for you and you can take a turn."

"I didn't have sex with her because she didn't want to. There are lines that don't need to be crossed."

Gavin throws a coat on. "Remind me to tell you about the lines her brother crossed, Austin."

"What he did, what her father did -- it's not her fault. And even it was -- there is no excuse for rape."

"Tell you what. You catch her, and I'll leave her alone for the rest of the time she's here. I catch her, and she's mine. There is one hole I haven't used yet..."

Logan moves to punch his uncle and he feels hands pulling him back. "What the fuck is going on here?" Chase asks.

"Your nephew let Riley escape."

"Do you want to know what he did to her?" Logan screams in his defense.

"One of you going to get that little bitch? Maybe with a little more sense of urgency?"

Gavin shrugs. "She's running on a gated property, at 4 AM, without shoes. I'm not concerned." Chase's eyes widen at his brother. "We're going."

Gavin and Logan both head out down the stairs quickly, heading out the front door and chasing after Riley. Logan is determined to get to her first -- but Gavin knows the property better, and knows exactly where she'd hide.

* * * * *

Riley runs as if her life depended on it -- because she believes it does. She realizes how secluded the house is as soon as she gets outside. They are surrounded by woods on one side, and marsh on the other. The long driveway that they drove in on she is sure leads to a locked gate. She decides instead of sprinting towards the road and potentially getting stuck by the gate, she will go back out of the house and down to what she can only assume is a beach. She can hear the waves crashing. If she can make it to the water -- she can run up the beach towards another home -- towards a boat -- anything. She runs -- as fast she can without shoes, through the muddy and wet brush towards the sounds of the waves crashing.

It's still practically pitch black outside and while she knows there is no way they don't know she's gone by now, she is hopeful that the darkness will keep her out of site. Every part of her feels frozen, but she runs on pure adrenaline. Until she can't run anymore. Standing still in the pouring rain, she runs her hands through her wet hair as she stares down a cliff. There is no beach, only ocean, and its down a ravine with what she can only assume is a 20 foot drop. Okay, she thinks. Jump. It's probably deep enough and if it's not and you die at least Gavin won't have the satisfaction of killing you. Riley works up the nerve and moves to take a running leap backwards when strong arms grab her around the waist and throw her to the ground.

Gavin tumbles to the ground on top of her. Riley screams for help, hoping that someone in the vicinity will hear her, but knowing its useless with the waves crashing. Still, Gavin clamps a hand down over her mouth, pulling her into his lap, and wrapping his legs around hers to keep them on the ground. "Shh, shh, don't fight me." Riley screams into his hand, scratching at his arm to try to get him to let go. She draws blood with her fingernails, and he grimaces but doesn't seem to care. "Calm down. You're all worked up from your little sprint. Relax." Riley continues to thrust backwards, digging her heels into the ground, yelling into his hand and trying to get up. "ENOUGH!" he bellows in her ear. Riley trembles -- whether from the cold, him, or both she isn't sure. She has no idea what he plans to do to her now. She forces herself to relax against him. "You calm now?" he asks her. She nods her head, her mouth still muffled by his strong hand over it. "If I let you go, are you going to behave?" She nods. He lets go of her.

She throws her head back, hitting him square in the chin. He groans and she tries to stand up, but he grabs her by the shirt, throwing her back down into the mud face down. He presses his foot into her back, keeping her on the ground, making it impossible for her to get up. "Liar, liar," he says. "What to do with you now?" She just whimpers from the ground, feeling defeated. "If we stay out here long enough, you'll probably freeze to death. Should we try it?"

He lifts his foot and she slowly gets up, facing him. "Please, Gavin..."

He grabs her shirt pulling her up so they are at eye level with each other. "What were you thinking?" It takes her a moment to realize her feet are not on the ground. "You think you'd get away? And go where? Huh?" He shakes her and she just stares at him. "There is no one around here for miles. There is no way out."

"Please. Don't hurt me. I'm sorry." He puts her down. She groans in pain and her knees buckle. Her feet are killing her -- they feel frozen and hurt from her barefoot sprint.

"No, you're not sorry. But you will be.." He shoves her forward. "Let's go." Riley takes a step forward and fumbles. The adrenaline has left her body now and she is both freezing, soaking wet, and hurting everywhere. She can barely stand. Gavin groans, annoyed, and scoops her up, carrying her back to the house. She is too exhausted to fight him.

* * * * *

When Gavin enters the house, carrying Riley, Chase is standing in the front hallway with his arms folded. Logan has met them back at the house. Riley feels utterly frozen and she is slightly comforted by having Gavin hold her and the warmth of his body heat. Gavin approaches his brother, Logan standing them next to him.

Riley looks at Logan. She wants to apologize for manipulating him, but she isn't sure why. He stares at her angrily and moves to walk towards her.

"Austin, go get changed," Chase tells his nephew. "You're dripping all over my expensive hardwood floors."

He stops and turns back towards his uncle. "Uncle Chase I'm sorry about this... I..."

Chase can't be bothered with him right now. "I said go get changed and get some sleep. We'll talk in the morning."

"Uncle Chase -- do you know what your brother did to..."

"NOW!"

Logan turns and walks up the stairs. Gavin is still holding a dripping wet Riley, who has no strength in her to fight. She is also filthy from being tackled in the mud. Chase stares at his brother, contemplating what to do.

"Downstairs," Chase says. He starts walking towards the back of the house, Gavin following.

They take a trip down a long staircase, Gavin holding Riley in his arms. As they reach the bottom, she realizes how much colder it is down here than it was upstairs. She squirms in Gavin's arm, starting to get scared. They stop walking as they hit the center of a room with stone walls and a concrete floor. There is a large post in the center of the room. It's strong and thick, like it's holding up the house.

Chase motions with his hand and Gavin puts Riley down. Aware she's unable to hold herself up, he keeps his hands on her shoulders, preventing her from slumping on the floor. Her teeth are chattering and her lips are a slight shade of blue. Chase walks close to her.

"I'm sorry," she mumbles, before he can even say anything. She sees the anger in his eyes and wonders what he has planned for her. He takes a step closer to her. He shakes his head and slaps her -- not as hard as Gavin had hit her, but hard enough to sting, and hard enough to make a point. The pain lingers on her frozen skin. She whimpers, a tear running down her cheek. "You stupid little girl," he tells her. "What did I tell you would happen to you if you didn't behave?"

Riley starts crying. Even her tears feel frozen. "Please. Please don't kill me." He sighs, rubbing her cheek where he had hit her. "I'll be good. I promise. Just please..."

He looks at her like a disappointed father. He leans in and cups her cheeks. "No. I'm not going to kill you. You're too valuable." Riley heaves a sigh of relief. He takes her from Gavin, walking her towards the center post. He reaches behind him and grabs a cable tie from his back pocket. Taking her arms in his, he lifts them above her head. She struggles a little when she realizes what he's doing, but can't find him off. Chase ties her hands above her head to the post.

"You know, my father was a bit of a wine enthusiast," he tells her. Great, she thinks. Another weird story about your father that means I get tortured. "This was his wine cellar." Riley stares straight ahead. "A perfect wine cellar needs to be kept at exactly the right temperature. 45 degrees. Maybe some time down here will help you cool off."

"Chase, please..." she begs.

He grabs her hair in his hand. "I warned you. I told you not to mistake my kindness for weakness. I told you I didn't take well to insolence and disobedience. You're going to learn, Riley." He yanks her head back. "Hopefully you won't die of hypothermia before you do."

He throws her head forward. The two men turn and walk back up the stairs. Riley can't even scream, she just hangs, sobbing, hoping this lesson is short.

* * * * *

Ben looks out the window as the sun as is rising. He hadn't slept. He slams the laptop closed as Matt sits across from him.

"This is hopeless, Matt. They're going to kill her before..."

"I don't know how we're going to find out where he took her without our resources, Ben."

Abby walks in with coffee. She places a cup down for each of the men. "You guys should eat something." Ben shakes his head.

"We're okay, thank you." He kisses her forearm and rests his head against her.

"Ben -- I don't mean to pry but..." she pauses. "Shouldn't you call John?"

Matt stares at Ben, a little flabbergasted. "She doesn't know?" Matt questions.

"No one knows. No one but me. And them. And now you."

"Do I know what?" Abby is puzzled and she sits down at the table with them. Ben sighs. Rip the band aid off, he thinks.

"My father and Robert Sharpe... my father and Robert Sharpe were friends. So were Gavin and I. Our families -- for years, we were friends."

Abby nods. "I know that."

"My father had to cut ties when they started investigating him."

Abby nods. "I know that too."

"But they were friends, Abby. And my father he... outwardly he made it seem that they had cut ties, but in reality, they were in bed together. My father was dirty."

Abby laughs. "Your father? But he... he won medals and he... No. Your father wasn't dirty, Ben. Your father was with the FBI for decades -- he was a good man. He... there's no way."

Ben shakes his head. "He took money from Robert Sharpe to keep him out of trouble. Robert... he... he threatened my mother and my sister. He said if my father didn't keep him out of trouble, he would kill them. And he gave him money to keep it quiet. And when my father didn't want to do it anymore, it got heated and he killed Robert."

Abby doesn't know what to say. She stares at him. "This has to be a joke. That doesn't even make sense. If he threatened them why the money? Your father wouldn't have... "

"That's what I said," Matt mumbled.

"That's why Gavin killed him. Because he was disloyal." He pauses. "I found the accounts after he died. I had no idea until he was dead. But then, Chase came to me. He came down to DC and he told me that as long as we left them alone he wouldn't ask for the money back. But it had to end. They had to be free to do what they wanted."

"Oh my God, Ben. This is insane."

Ben keeps going. "But John called this summer, and what was I supposed to say? No! I can't help you with the case because my father was a criminal too?"

Abby is upset. She wants to kill him. "Is that why they took Riley?" She is yelling. Ben stands up and steps towards her but she backs away, holding up her hands. Ben pauses, listening to her.