All Comments on 'Sister Karen'

by Egmont Grigor

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
pullthestringpullthestringalmost 16 years ago
WTF

you need a road map to follow all the grammar mistakes

lesliejoneslesliejonesalmost 16 years ago
Great character and style

I liked this story a lot. Karen is a great character and your style is delightfully Hemingwayesque and appropriate to the character. None of the alleged grammatical lapses were of sufficient significance to draw my attention. Keep up the great work--I'd like to see Karen in action again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
The spelling mistakes

are not worthy of a good author.A few questions,the story says there was an undetected breakin at the house of John Drake--Why?Faith's fiancee Michael was killed by the thugs and she was badly beaten up,but a short while later Karen came home to be bridesmaid to Faith and Carl,she must have recovered from her broken heart quickly!Not up to your usual high standard and I am disappointed in you.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusalmost 16 years ago
Clever and imaginative

I only marked it down because of all the word choice errors and other grammer concerns. Good story. I do wonder why Karen made the last two killings so complicated? I liked it even so.

Egmont GrigorEgmont Grigoralmost 16 years agoAuthor
EG answers his Critics

Pullthestring. What? 00? Come on. People like you must have a mind like railway tracks.

Leslie: Thanks. Hopefully Karen doesn't blow herself up when tripping up over alleged bad grammar. Yo!

Anonymous in Somewhere: 00? Come on. Mark up for enterprise and a gripping yarn surely? No? Oh gee. How about telling everyone how long do you think it takes a broken heart to mend. I gave Faith two months, plus a month to set up marriage with the replacement guy. Karen would have waited three days, but she's tough. Why wait a year or 30 years before deciding her heart head mended? I'm disappointed in you.

EspressoBolus. Karen told me she made the killings complicated to exercise the minds of readers. Hmmmmm. She built up the expectation of the brothers to terrorise them knowing they were heading for their own deaths, to be gunned down by the police who had failed Karen and her family. She had to excite the police to make them shoot a hail of bullets (incidentally plus a rocket grenade) to ensure no prisoners were taken. Thanks for your complimentary heading.

Starscream_UKStarscream_UKalmost 14 years ago
Interesting...

There's a nice flow to the story - there are a couple of issues with some of the physics and the kinetic energy of the action; the characters almost seemed divorced from it in my opinion - but it was an enjoyable read. Thanks!

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
My kind of story.

Good for Sister Karen.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Excellent Revenge

Nobody fucks with family. Great tale.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous