All Comments on 'Six Degrees Ch. 04'

by WifeWatchman

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
So many questions, will they be answered?

Man why did you have to do this? I mean you left us with so many questions, will they be answered next chapter?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Richard Nunn and Samuel Russell??

So your story is set in the State of Georgia?

[Richard Russell and Sam Nunn were US Senators from Georgia]

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Senators

No, the setting is not the State of Georgia, but you are right that the US Senator names were taken from those past Georgia Senators.. Good catch on that one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
IC not impartial? Whoa

Love these stories, and how, even though it is fictional, the "goings on" in this town reflect what's happening in the United States today. One thing I've liked about these stories, is the impartiality. While there is "party politics", the bickering between the Republicans and Democrats in this story is nowhere close to being as nasty as current national politics. So I'm dismayed, when the usually impartial Cmdr Troy states, "Some people do it at the National level, even create email servers to hide their private Foundation bribes and all." That is an unproven, unprovoked statement and can only serve to inflame partisan political flames. It's unnecessary, is "leading the readers" and takes away from the Crowbar's "heroic" nature. The Presidential election will be decided soon enough. Having that sentence takes away from the timelessness of this story, and will be seen as archaic within a year.

luv2read2

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

From the geography of the area described, Dallas is a *nearby* major city. The State the series is in has an *eastern* border with another state. It is a mostly farming area outside the East/Westphalia, The City, Midtown, and The Town megalopolis. East/Westphalia is not *in* Texas.

It's obviously fictional, but the geography tells me that the series is located in either Oklahoma or autonomous territory made from parts of Oklahoma, located in the southeast portion of the state, with a fictional river for East/Westphalia. Dallas is much larger than it is in the Real World, and people stopped calling it Ft. Worth/Dallas.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
So good - the sour note, though, you should edit out.

WW - I am really enjoying your adventure. I"m clearly only up to Six Degrees Chapter 4.

I see from the date on this episode and series that it was being posted in the middle of the 2016 US Presidential campaign, right around the time the Russian bots started amplifying the worst of the conspiracy theories, in a kind of malicious toying with all of us. As I write in 2018, it is more and more apparent they happily amplified the worst thoughts on both sides, and cared not at all whether there was evidence either way, as long as they could get people believing it - and hating anyone who was reluctant to believe it without, you know, evidence.

Back then you allowed some of that amplified crap to creep into Troy's thoughts as snarky asides.

Which to me is inconsistent with the character you are drawing, and is a wrenchingly sour note.

My recommendation to you as a writer is - let your character be himself. He hates the media and both parties. The only politicians he trusts are those he knows personally, and even then he's wary. That's a good place to be, for a character in fiction.

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

Interesting developments but don't think I can guess

WhitewaterbumWhitewaterbum11 months ago

Glad to see Melina back to the attack for sister. Who does Dr Walker think that Troy is imperiling that he must crush Troy. Covering for CofC? Larson is innocent, killer is a rogue fireman.

chytownchytown10 months ago

*****Very entertaining chapter. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWifeWatchman@WifeWatchman
In an exercise of pure censorship, Literotica published all 5 chapters of my story "Climate Injustice" and then removed them, saying the readers of their explicit sex site(!) want safe spaces from politics(!!) I have published "Climate Injustice" on my Patreon site where the ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES