All Comments on 'Skepticism'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 191 Comments
HighpikeHighpikeover 5 years ago
I love the fact

that you have irritated the hell out of the BTB brigade

OPrimeOPrimeover 5 years ago
Liked it

I liked it the first time you published it and it is still great. A nice response to all the Cuck stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story

Some of the best dialogue I've ever read. I think she's going to ask him to marry her again, and he's going to say yes. They belong together. She's paid the price. Happy ending.

stev2244stev2244over 5 years ago
Yeah!

I love that story. Glad that it's back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Silly

As a woman, how much do you need to hate yourself to write a story about such a stupid woman? Or is it merely pandering to the Loving Wives audience of women-haters?

chaoddicchaoddicover 5 years ago
Love it

As always...a great story from the best writer here. Thank you blackrandi.

RdyckRdyckover 5 years ago
Thank you

I've made myself a New Years resolution to tell the Authors the I enjoy reading how must I enjoy there story's. I have no idea of who much work you put into them or your prove readers put in. But you need to know that I myself get pleasure from your work

Thank You Again

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

Enjoyable read as usual. I'm glad it worked out for them and Simone stayed faithful to him.

prinnaveaprinnaveaover 5 years ago
Now, That is Different

That is all I can say, :)

Yes I liked the story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Thoughts

"Why not use a non-human dildo?" - GREAT line! We all know that in a similar situation the guy would be expected to "take himself in hand," as it were, despite what she says.

"I had hoped you loved me enough to understand, to forgive me" - The cheater's mantra: He's supposed to love her enough to forgive, when she didn't love enough not to cheat.

She knew when they got married that she would eventually cheat?! She hoped that she would have burrowed under his skin enough by the time it happened that he coildn't let her go?

"you're supposed to love me so much you would NOT do nearly anything." - Yep!

dwoelfledwoelfleover 5 years ago
Nice twist

Different ending than your usual but I really enjoyed it. Love filling in my own finale in my head.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
How

is it that for some reason, sex with someone else is nothing? The "It just happened" and "meant nothing" stuff I never did get. When I caught my own wife, in a hospital parking lot, in a car, for God's sake, that was what she said. Then, she pursued me, for 15 years. I tried to avoid her, not easy to do. Still would be except one day she picked the wrong guy, they found her 3 days later in a pasture, Cows calmly grazing.

37 years old, gone. Never figured out who did it, it wasn't me.

Guess she found someone for which it meant nothing, and just happened.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Epic stupidity

On the one hand, a funny story. Simone gets her way. She keeps him, gets her kids and lives a good, if unusual, life. On the other hand, he gets a divorce and stays with his lying, cheating, self centered ex-wife/girlfriend. I can't imagine that the kids aren't in therapy. I'm sure you understand how hard it would be on kids growing up to have all their friends question their family's living style. I can understand Seneca punishing her for 6 months or maybe a year if he was a complete jerk. But throwing children into the mix just makes him a complete asshole. I don't care how much Simone loves him. Move on. Recognize your shortcomings, learn from your mistakes and move on with your life. Since he doesn't trust her or like her, why would do anything but leave her? He was angry enough to divorce her. Be smart enough to NOT follow the little head and move on with his life - without her. You make him look like he's incapable of living his own life without her fucking him senseless. Not exactly Einstein was he? Oh well. You obviously envision them married again. And that works for this story. Another well written snippet. I think he should have divorced her and left the area without her. But that's the cranky, btb ending. CHEERS!

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
Great Story

A wonderful little story about the ramifications of cheating. Fun ending.

ju8streadingju8streadingover 5 years ago

no.

if it is not broke and still works, don't fix it.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldover 5 years ago
Still laughing

The best repartee since William Powell and Myrna Loy. In the sequel, they set up the kids as subsidiary LLC’s. Hilarious. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Just Say Forget It.

So after seven years of marriage Simone suddenly can’t go without sex for two or three days. She is away from her husband for two weeks and screws someone she picks up in a bar or the lobby and warns him that she plans to keep screwing other men if he isn’t there to satisfy her desires Then in order to stay faithful she forms a corporation that ensures she looses everything they build together if she, or he, hops in bed with someone else. Sounds like a legalese prenuptial after the fact so she won’t cheat on her husband; isn’t that kinda like the wedding vow she made to her husband in front of friends, family and God. The story was interesting but the concept leaves me shaking my head in disbelief. But then, that’s life isn’t it.

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 5 years ago
What an odd take

I had a bit of trouble at first with the writing style, almost like by someone whom English in not their first language. A great concept though. 4 stars.

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 5 years ago
Original

Quite original. I liked it and enjoyed it. Thanks

InsigniaInsigniaover 5 years ago
I really like this story

Solutions. Its all about finding a way to get along. Having two households is a drain but hey it works for them. My guess is they finally re-marry?

naxos65naxos65over 5 years ago
No!

Your a far better writer than this .

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Cute.

Weird but kind of cute and I liked her act of redemption.

Merry Christmas!

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 5 years ago
Cute Story

This story would work just as well with the genders flipped - maybe better. Clever way of resolving the trust question. I like the story, even though I don't usually like reconciliation stories ... this one works.

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonover 5 years ago
Perfect.

That was great. Thank you for sharing!

justbobkcjustbobkcover 5 years ago
Interesting in many ways -

Perhaps the most interesting way to me is the inherent Catch-22: guys want a gal that matches them almost perfectly in sexual needs and desires.

You know the ole "whore in the bedroom, lady in public" cliche which also entails "only MY whore!."

My first wife and I were pretty well matched in this sexual libido department - basically having sex everyday when we were married and throughout our 9 year marriage. She NEVER said "no" to me. And I mean never - but then she also didn't say "no" to some other guys too. When we were apart I read Penthouse and masturbated.

She liked/needed a man's attention as well as "sex." That was an important part of the sex for her - a feeling of connection and even social status "power". The feeling that "I count! I am important and I am not just taken for granted!" Sure, my young wife was too immature to realize MOST men will pursue women to have sex with them - but even mature women fall into this, they are just more selective (mostly) in whom they will sleep with.

Sex is different between men and women in many ways. Some women consider their man watching porn and masturbating as cheating on them. This is their emotional response. Of course guys would MUCH rather "their" women merely masturbate like they do, instead of actually cheating with another man. Men get the orgasmic brain sex chemicals effect EVERY time they orgasm - whether by self-manipulation or with others. Women (most women) really don't orgasm every single time they have sex, and the "orgasm chemical" effect is more tied in with other psyche benefits to the woman. Psyche benefits they can get even sans an orgasm.

These kinds of differences explain a lot of the angst and conflict in the ages old "war between the sexes." Modern sexual liberal idealism more than anything else just muddies these already far from clear waters. Especially this weird idea men and women SHOULD both orgasm every time they have sex - because that's just fair!

You actually admit this in your story by having the woman see a psychologist so that SHE understands what is really going on in her own mind. And some mythical "physical" need for sex with another man vs. self-pleasure (otherwise why the difference???) is the only thing a psych-whatever professional could help her with. She actually needs to overcome her unhappiness/fear when "alone" that sex with a man allays.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 5 years ago
Fun read

Interesting original take on the cheating spouse scenario.

This was a delightful change from the norm.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
It's a sad story

yet also very hopeful in many ways.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 5 years ago
Hardass

Probably for the thousandth time Mom will ask that question.

Lovely story.

5*

tizwickytizwickyover 5 years ago
Refreshing Approach

Great writing I really enjoyed the refreshing approach to healing a broken marriage. If only real life were so simple.

jneric2691jneric2691over 5 years ago
Very well wrtten!

Skeptical of his choice, especially bringing two kids into that mess, but, if it works for them.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
Weird

The sad part is there are probably some people in the world exactly like these two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
well

it was weird, but i didn't hate it. i rather enjoyed it.

i think a lot of men and women justify cheating this way. 'they will love me enough to forgive me'

but the lesson here is that forgiveness is not a commodity, you don't trade it in without losing love and trust. and more importantly....if you love someone....you learn about their wishes and try to uphold them, rather than believe their love entitles you to step on those wishes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fun read

But that upcoming, "No Way" is going to hurt them all.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 5 years ago
Too much work!

As always, I liked the writing. The sex scenes are vivid. Both characters are highly flawed. Both? you ask. Yes both. She is a selfish narcissist and he is a stubborn idiot. They are obviously deeply in love, but he cannot get past one indiscretion? And, she cannot see what she did wrong. Why not just have a fuckfest and get on with life? If she does it again then end it with vigor rather than this bullshit they finally arrived at. The final convoluted solution sounds like something that two over educated yuppies would devise. That's why I can only give it a 3* rating.

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 5 years ago
Just another stupid idiot.

Cutting his nose off to spite his face.

Forgiveness is the essential act of love. He had no love because he had no forgiveness.

He lost more than he gained which showed his stupidity. When men can’t get over their egos and realize they would lose nothing and gain a lot. Insecure wimpy men who can’t handle their wife haveing sex with others, not love but sex. Not strong enough to love their wife and give them what they need.

I am sick of wimpy men.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Sounds like Simone's getting faxed good and hard before coming home.

Just kidding. Or am I?

Read this one on the site before, but it was interesting then, and it's interesting now. Certainly unique. Randi's always worth a read.

Thanks for sharing.

Cog

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Another gem

Another great story from BR1958, at a time we need a few good stories. I loved Seneca's exposition on why he won't be a cuckold. In fact the entire set of dialogue between Seneca and Simone is as good as any that I have ever read. Your sex scenes are written better than anyone in the LW genre. Almost like you are writing something you have lived. Loved the entire story, and I think she asks him to remarry her, or tells

him she finally slipped. Who cares? It was fun getting here..

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Weird and Confused.

Where did 'Madrey' and 'Katrina' come from? There's too much explanation on the simple subject of a cruel and selfish woman who is not suited to, or mature enough for, marriage It is a cute premise but wholly incomplete, non-contiguous and frustrating to the reader. This story is not worthy of such a good author and is not only short of an ending but a middle and a few important details.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fucked up thing to do to kids

Young enough to buy the like, deceptive enough up make them hate both parents for making them look like fools when they're older. Cutesy, but n real life people are adults and will tell them exactly what a separation is, that their parents are lliars, and why it happened

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I'm a huge BR fan, and love her stories....but I just couldn't invest in this one.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
Anon 12/23

"As a woman, how much do you need to hate yourself to write a story about such a stupid woman? Or is it merely pandering to the Loving Wives audience of women-haters?"

Just a recommendation, but you may want to put some actual thought into your comments before submitting them.

If writers kept writing about the same characters in different forms ad nauseam both the reader and the writer would be bored out of their minds. If the character in this story is pandering by the author, how would you describe the female lead in the story recently published by the same author who was intelligent, fierce and refused to tolerate cheating, regardless of how it was dressed up?

To assume that self-loathing is involved is pure idiocy and demands that the reciprocal would be true for every story by the author where a lead female character exemplifies the opposite behavior. So, is the author a non-pandering, well-adjusted individual who is happy with herself after those stories are published?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Original!

You've come up with a novel way of dealing with a common theme. Refreshing! Can someone imagine such a thing? Yes, once you read it, it becomes believable -- at least for some!

Nice work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent as always.

Especially good work with the husband's PoV. None of this cliche rubish about the "fragile" male ego, just about a guy having enough self respect to live with himself.

Great job, Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Cute, but implausible

Someone like Simone can't be trusted. Any sentient man would know that tying himself to her through children and business just makes the hole deeper. She's been narcissistic her whole life, and yet she's going to turn on a dime and become completely different? Yes, there's the magic agreement, but family law courts aren't known for honoring agreements, moral standards, or anything else. In the real world, Seneca would move on. There are plenty of decent women out there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Dreaming

No way its unbelievable. Husband finds out his wife if screwing other guy/guys while out of town. He had the right idea with the divorce papers and moving on and should have. Staying put the deal she put together all crap, she is not married to him anymore and could be screwing around on him with no problem. Regardless of the risk of losing everything, she already had that when married and screwed it up. He is not to smart should not have anything to do with her. And the kids are messed up because of the current situation. They are all nuts.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
We don't know the question, but we know the answer!

Great job telling the story of a slightly delusional woman that comes to her senses, apparently before it was too late. Nice job!

GrimmerGrimmerover 5 years ago
Unreal Expectations

In this day and age of STD, that aspect never entered the conversation.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 5 years ago
I cannot believe it

I wasn't going to comment, but someone thinks your writing style is awkward!! I'd be fascinated to know what he/she thinks good writing looks like.

I should say, also, that I love the relentless way you destroy the sophistry which passes for reasoning amongst the swinging brigade. Wish I could do it as well as you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A cute romantic plot idea.

Wife becomes a slut one time one night, confesses, totally owns her guilt and betrayal, then with help, over years, rehabilitates herself and becomes, finally, a mature responsible adult. And a loving loyal wife, and intelligent responsible mother.

So the husband wants a mature responsible adult for a wife. Simone apparently has become one, while risking the loss of everything if she fails again. She was a great wife once to Seneca, and supposedly has the potential to be a great wife again. Seneca's choice is does he want Simone to be a great wife again for him, or a great wife for some other man? So who is less likely to cheat on Seneca in the future, a woman he knows, understands, and who has placed herself under the Sword of Damocles as part of her commitment to their relationship? Or some new woman, who will make the same vows Simone made, then broke.

This story leaves out the untold reality of the bargain Simone made. At any time Seneca might meet a woman he prefers to Simone. At any time Seneca might decide this just isn't working and call it quits. Simone is risking everything, and has almost no leverage over Seneca. She has prostrated her life, her wealth, and her future before Seneca, and lives under his mercy. I think Seneca's choice is a valid one, even if its not one other men might make.

A good plot very well executed. Thank you for your time, talent, and insight into human nature.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years agoAuthor
@Mbgdallas

I think you have more dick in your personality than you do in your pants.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
Wait, hold on...

... is Mbgdallas actually Timriv?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Fairly sure I have read this before, have you posted it before?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Dreamland

Fantasy beyond real life. Woman cheats and then fall over herself to get back to the guy. That is so utterly stupid and it is always a delusional feature of BTB writers. But the reality is that a cheater is not very likely to become a servile underling. Most likely a cheater is ready to move on without much fuss.

Impo_64Impo_64over 5 years ago
A very good story...

A very good story...@Harddaysknight said it all about it...4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
😉

Entertaining little flash.

Gave it......Oh!

Rather not say, it could offend, lol.

Thanks for the work Blackrandl1958.

AMerryman

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Mbgdalllas Re: "Just another stupid idiot."

"Forgiveness is the essential act of love. He had no love because he had no forgiveness." - Yet, you are so casual about faithfulness! I think that most people would consider fidelity as AT LEAST as essential to love as forgiveness, yet you always gloss over it.

You obviously agree with those wives who say, "If you REALLY loved me, you'd forgive me," while the rest of us say, "If YOU really loved ME, you wouldn't have done it!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wait, hold on

...Is BeBop3 actually Kimi1990?

(Don’t answer that. We all know it already.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wait, hold on...

...is BeBop3 really kimi1990?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
No People Worth Caring About

Silly premise, boring story, sex scene felt added on just to be considered a sex story, horrendous dialog and characters worth forgetting.

Way to go "team". Another sub-standard story guaranteed to be lauded and receive high Mark's whether or not it deserves them.

VickieTernVickieTernover 5 years ago
I'm with MBGDallas

He's a stiff prig, and their mutual resolution is absurd. She was willing to accommodate to his needs despite her own, and never make her one mistake again despite her body's desires. But he's only willing to turn his marriage into an absurd parody of a union (on "principle" or maybe grieved ego), rather than understand, forgive, receive and create credible assurances from her, and move on as one flesh as before. What she sees in him I can't see, but apparently in their case love is blind as well as steadfast to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

Always a pleasure to read your works. This was very short & sweet...nevertheless I think it’s one of your best...thanks again:)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thank you randi

...for another excellent story. Please ignore the detractors who always seem to have the same problem, ignore the lovely intelligent writing and completely forget it's a work of fiction. Bless you and have a lovely peaceful Christmas!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Mbg12/23

I’m sure you’re right. What’s your wife’s cell number?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Rep. To Mgdallas.

Guess you never found out the difference between forsaking all others and fornicating with all others. You sound waaaaayyy to much like timriv.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
27

Yeah BR has written some great dialogue. Much better than this time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
“Is Mbgdallas actually Timriv?” ....

bebop3 .... maybe the same person .... maybe not .... but one thing is certain he / she / they / it is an asshole!

xtchrxtchrover 5 years ago
Don't Buy It...Myself!

First, You are one hell of a writer. I enjoy reading your stories for that fact alone.

This story just did not make sense to me. She can't go several days without sex? She apparently didn't know her husband of several years and how he would feel about her cheating? He made all good points and she made terrible points in their discussions. (The old 'human dildo' argument.)

How could this guy ever trust her again?

Thank You for an entertaining and somewhat different story...even if I disagree with it

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Wait!

Is mgbdallas really swingerjoe? Timriv has actually made a few reasonable comments recently.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
SKEPTICS?????

non commital,,,,,,yes....no.....maybe.....counseling,,,,,babys,,,,,,family,,,,,JOLLY GOOD LUCK TO THEM,,,,,,tk u mlj lv nv

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
I read these stories...

...about someone who can't go a few days or a few weeks without sex and I think they must be mentally ill. They need therapy to discover why they need sexual validation so badly. Good story, but a very bad wife.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 5 years ago
Well!

Well, indeed! This is certainly not like the usual stories that you write. I suppose a writer has to stretch their boundaries now and then. As for the conclusion. I have seen a lot of couples and there does not seem to be one mold for everyone. Whatever works for one is their choice. Thanks for sharing.

K.K.K.K.over 5 years ago
Interesting Story

Randi, enjoyed your story as I have most of the rest of your posts. You posed an interesting solution to the couple's problem.

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
Fascinating piece

I have to admit that Simone snowed me. She was wonderful, if you forget that she

mistook a human being for a dildo. Obviously all she had to do was take off her clothes to bring about temporary suspension of the divorce on the part of Seneca.

Nothing like a well-written explicit contract.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Walk doesn't meet the talk

Thank you for your stories. They are quite polished and enjoyable.

I am a personal btb fan with a garnish of RAAC. I must admit, it does stick in the craw a bit when a character talks as tough as the male lead does from the outset (in a btb-esque manner) and gets conflated into a RAAC within two pages. A bit of a dissonance due to two separate markers on the slider, with the change quite abrupt.

I think my biggest issue with the story is the character of the man. Action and word must meet, and ideally to at least have some sort of moral superiority, especially over analogous issues. A pointed interpretation was tough talk intro, and then literally proving her aborted attempt of sophism point of a human dildo, by acting in the exact same manner. The character immediately lost verifiability and rapport as he literally grabbed some ass for his hungry gonads, with a core contentious issue being of self control. Very jarring and disconnects one from the "protagonist".

I think one should verify the consistency of the story for a specific vein, or, if doing a cross over, delve more into the shift from one stance to another. The shorter the read is, it starts straying into flash story whereby any discrepancies are quite noticeable and jarring, and leaves a bit of a bad taste unless one is looking to devalue a character for social and moral ranking and acceptance for being negatively viewed and interpreted for wishi-washiness of character. A sudden change or hypocrisy indicates weak decision making/willpower which doesn't on average sit well with people in this genre (I assume) as to not mince words about it, no one can or wants to relate to a weak and/or contemptible person.

Please excuse any typos and/or grammatical errors - it's after 3am, tired and burnt as hell, and bloody brain doesn't switch off (hence me throwing some thoughts around) :)

Otherwise, keep up the good work! Hope this feedback is useful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
meh

Too much psycho-babble. Oh, can someone draw a picture to explain to another anon how babby is formed? Thanks.

Mustang88LXMustang88LXover 5 years ago
Wow! that was fucked up. But interesting

a little odd and very much crazy but I liked it. I am more of a btb person. However, this strangely works. thanks for the interesting read.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 5 years ago
Interesting story.

This story deals with a relationship

excluding marriage and living together.

Something that is increasing

in modern society.

At least in my country.

The morals in that and this story

are questionable.

But certainly interesting.

Doesn't help me rate this story though.

So I won't.

But thanks blackrandl1958 for the idea.

OnethirdOnethirdover 5 years ago
Hard standards

Well, usually the morally superior husband scorches and burns his happiness away, but the wife wouldn’t allow it. Interesting take on a reconciliation story (of sorts).

kimi1990kimi1990over 5 years ago
@Mr. Fantastic

Quite the sophist, aren't we? If you can't see the difference between sex before marriage, and sex after marriage, you aren't worth noticing.

@Anon, "Wait..." Hysterical. Am I Bebop3? I'll never tell. I'm just creative, sane, honest and courageous enough to have so many alts I can't keep track of them. Thankfully, anonymous isn't one. Haven't we played this game before? "Kimi is secretly...", fill in the blank. That's always funny. I can only laugh as I picture the dismay of those poor people at learning that they're me. Keep up the good work, dude. You keep the place lively.

Great story, by the way, Kiddo. Your usual.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Kimi1990

Damn! I thought I was you, or you were I. I , too, have been accused of being so many other people that I was hoping that I was at least someone intelligent. Another bubble burst.

cpetecpeteover 5 years ago
Nice twist

At the end with the "Question" -that was nice finale to a fine tale

kimi1990kimi1990over 5 years ago
@26thNC

Yes, I've seen that you are guilty of having many IDs, as I am. The secret is to remain mysterious. Neither confirm, nor deny, and it drives the conspiracy nuts into a frenzy. I may well be you, or vice versa. The truth is, I am really Lewd Luke, and I've been so busy handing out hall passes I've hardly had time to be you. I promise to devote more time to our identity.

@Mr. Fantastic: I'm sorry, I have trouble taking anyone who makes the statement, "The only thing he lost was between his ears" as a serious person with whom to discuss anything. It is hard for someone who makes such a statement to retain the same reputation for good sense they had before they made it, as after making it. I'll have to pass.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago
@reedrichards

"That there may be a difference between pre marital sex and post marital adultery exists only in the mind."

I can't believe you're trying to compare the two!

What a woman did before she met her future spouse has little bearing on their marriage. If she was regularly doing gangbangs and had racked up a hefty number of sex partners, that might well call into question her judgement or ability to stay faithful in a monogamous relationship, but prior to meeting her husband it's in her past.

After meeting the future husband and entering an exclusive relationship with him is an entirely different story! Getting married nearly always requires pledges of fidelity in the wedding vows, so when that wife fucks another guy after getting married, she is breaking her promises to her husband (which is exactly what happened here). It's not a trivial act, it's a huge breach of trust and a massive betrayal. 99% of men would be outraged, disgusted, and hurt by being cheated on in such a casual fashion... you can't just casually dismiss an instinctive emotional reaction to infidelity.

"In this particular story, the husband missed nothing"

Just because the slut got her lover to use a condom doesn't eliminate all risks of catching STDs. Casual sex with random fuckbuddies is exposing herself and subsequently her husband to the chance of being infected by very unpleasant diseases. It was a reckless and very stupid thing to do, let alone being repugnant.

Condoms can break and the pill is not 100% effective. Would you say his reaction to her infidelity was all in his mind, if Simone came back home with a nasty case of genital herpes (or HIV!) and her lover's bastard growing in her belly? At the very least, they'd both have to get treated for the STD and she'd have to get an abortion. What if the abortion affected her future fertility? Would preventing him from having children all be "in the mind" as well?

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsover 5 years ago
Great story

I wish I had written that!

MFH

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 5 years ago
He'd have to decide how much effort she'd put into tricking him now...

She spent seven years figuring she'd gotten him to the point he'd accept it...

How long would she go figuring she'd tricked him again...?

Or does he believe his comment about how she SHOULD have been thinking if she *really* loved made a difference...?

If her question was going to be "Marry me?" and the former is true, an obvious "no".

If same question but the latter is true, he didn't need to make her wait if he ever figured he'd be saying "yes".

No other question would matter unless it were "Now can I fuck someone else...?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fine Job

I think that this is both insightful and clever...BlackRandi's best work. Reed Richards' comment is bizarre. He can write very well, but the comment is poorly written, and, if he intends what he appears to say about marriage, he doesn't understand marriage at all.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
Let Me Be Very Clear

I completely disagree with what I said when I posted as my Kimi alt. Sometimes he/she struggles against the constraints of being a voice in my head and gains a modicum of independence.

I'll try to keep that in check.

Actually, that's a lie, I don't completely disagree. I totally agree with Kimi's comment about Reed's assertion. It's ludicrous. Clearly a delusion on his part stemming from a nefarious plot by Dr. Doom.

jesemmojesemmoover 5 years ago
Good, but not a favorite.

I understand his reasoning for wanting a divorce, but somehow he knew that her love for him was deep and abiding. Selfishness and ignorance creates situation such as this. She obviously was extremely intelligent, but even intelligence has its stupidities.

The story was very good, as usual, but it lacked an something.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 5 years ago
Can I get an AMen for Reed Richards

Nothing to add.

l_bentonl_bentonover 5 years ago
like your ending better

your story started much like another story on literotia. But I loved your ending much, much better.

it was over the top and original thank you for that...….

texxmantexxmanabout 5 years ago
Well written, but

Simone has lied for their entire relationship. I understand she’s hot but how can the guy get past her being the village bicycle every time he’s not right there? What about self respect?

Oh well good story and decent ending.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 5 years ago

Well thought out story. Just needed a proper conclusion instead of being left open ended

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
SORRY

I have read several of your stories and you write very well . Your stories are always interesting. I am just sorry that you have such a low opinion of males. You seem to believe that men will forgive any trespass if you just flash a little skin and take them to bed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I don't like some of this

Its a good story and easy read but I don't like the stories like this where the guy is all pissed off and set for the divorce papers (arriving next day) and he just jumps right to sex, no condom, with the cheating slut wife at the first flash of a tit. He also doesn't trust and she is not 100% certain she won't cheat agin if she gets horny while separated yet he never checks up on her. He is back to acting like he trusts but states he doesn't trust. All they have is a contract. She broke the marriage contract so why would this paper be any different? At least they did divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Forgive Vs forget

Liked story overall

As others I find fault with the sex overruling all

Forgive easy forget and trust almost impossible

But not. There is that almost

Password forgetful johntwheels@aol

LoejtcLoejtcabout 5 years ago
Novelty Makes for Interesting Reading

I'm sure readers can punch holes in this storyline. However it is a unique approach to reconciliation and therefore a refreshing contribution to the LW genre. It is fiction after all and a little out-of-the-box thinking should be welcomed.

The author is an accomplished writer. The story flows easily, the dialog realistic, the characters reasonable well developed. What's not to like?

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 5 years ago
Bizarre

Yet somehow It kept me captivated. You are gifted with writing ability, a vivid imagination, and the intelligence to form a great editing and proofreading group. Even the most remote possibilities sound plausible when you write them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Filmic Space vs Literary Space

This is the new snappy digital editing television banter of the mentally ill gen-xers.

And the waffly, swooning, catty, feminized protagonist husband. Jhfc, just shoot the lot of 'em and it's Miller time (that's a triple entendre).

This writer is quite creative, so there's that. But above all, this embracing the mental whiplash of the age - it's extremely annoying.

linnearlinnearalmost 5 years ago
Very Different

Different but I really like it a lot.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
7428 Followers
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

story TAGS