All Comments on 'Skinny Girl (fm)'

by AnonymousNin

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Outstanding! I could see this actually happening-- you have to continue the story...

HectorBidonHectorBidonover 2 years ago

"It's fucked up."

Outstanding, I agree. So many of the stories here are basically variations on familiar themes, at best described with sensitivity and emotion, at worst cut-and-paste boilerplate, Your characters lie on an off-the-beaten-path angle, and you not only render them with sensitivity and emotion but you forge the tropes as well. "I'll do anything for boys in short shorts, even starve. Just please give me attention." That paint such a vivid picture. "I almost feel the memory of feeling something." That deeply resonates. Every paragraph gives a rich new insight.

But underneath, your characters are not really that different from anyone else. What they want, more than anything, is to love and to be loved.

Your punchy, personal style is quite effective. You say what you need to say, and leave it at that. You pick just the right details. I loved the White Monsters. I loved Kiko's reaction to her piercings. You've created characters that I feel I know and that I care about. I hope you keep writing and sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnonymousNin@AnonymousNin
Young writer trying to get better. Future best selling fiction author lol. My stories formatted for Kindle and paperback can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09JSRQV5C