Skylar and Melie

Story Info
A 750 word experiment.
750 words
4.46
3.8k
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,525 Followers

Looking out over the valley filled my heart with emotions so twisted, I couldn't untangle them. The sun setting slowly over the distant crest of the tree lined ridge looked enticing. This was my spot, where I came to contemplate the universe. Unfurl the tight knots of tension.

Today... The worst day of my life. The shame, the embarrassment, burnt deep.

"Why god damn it, why?" I screamed at the gods hiding somewhere above.

"You're a bloody fool. Why couldn't you keep your stupid mouth shut?" Picking up a small pebble, I tossed it listlessly over the edge. The steep cliff falling away from view. I counted, waiting to hear it hit bottom. Three seconds... About 45 metres, my estimation.

I couldn't shake the despondency. How the hell was I going to face her now? They'd all be laughing at me. Silly little, Skylar.

The tears came without warning, and there was no stopping them. I wiped my nose ferociously. The polypropylene soaking up the snotty tears. "Fuck!" I screamed loudly, enjoying the echoes.

Maybe I should just jump, get it over and done with. My life was over now anyway. I kicked forlornly at a loose rock. The sun sank below the tree line. The trees filtering the last rays of the sun. I stood up, moved closer to the edge. Leaning out I swallowed, it was a long way down, closer. The loose gravelly sand grinding beneath my feet.

Who was I kidding, I didn't have the guts for it. I wanted to, but, that's the wishy washy spineless person I was. Sitting back down on the large rock, I drew my feet up underneath me.

I felt, rather than saw the presence. "Can I sit down Skylar?"

I didn't have to look up. "What do you want Melie?"

"I wanted to check you were okay."

"How did you know I would be up here?"

"Where else were you going to be."

"Yeah, guess."

She grabbed my hand in both of hers squeezing tight. "Skylar, I'm so sorry. You caught me by surprise. I wasn't expecting that."

"Forget it, I don't care."

"Rubbish," she sighed. "That's clearly a lie. Your top, is sodden."

"Dust." I mumbled.

"No, don't lie. I hurt you. Like I said you caught me off guard."

"What a joke, you made it pretty clear Melie. You're not interested. I get it."

I heard her sniffle, turned in time to see the sunlight refracting through her falling tear. "No, Skylar. You ran away before I could answer."

"Liar!" I screamed. "Your laughter said it all. What else was there to say. I get it okay. You don't feel that way about me. You can have a laugh with all your friends. Make fun of silly Skylar."

Dropping my hands, she clutched my face tightly. My cheeks puffing out as she crushed them tight. Her eyes fixed unblinkingly on mine. Time vanished, clouds in the sky stopped. Slowly, ever so slowly, her head moved towards me. Her lips crushing mine. Her sweet cherry lip gloss smearing mine.

It felt like years passed, my heart stopped, my body sizzled tingling with electric shocks. When she leaned away, I gasped in stunned disbelief. She smiled, and my heart kicked back into life.

"Why did you do that?"

"Because I love you, I always have. God, we've been friends like forever. I love you dummy."

"But the snide laughter, that smirk."

"For gods sake Skylar. What did you expect. You just blurted out too the whole school you loved me. I didn't know what to say. I panicked okay."

"You love me?"

"Yes, of course I do. You've always been there for me. If I ran through a list of my worst and best experiences. The one constant in them would be you. My first kiss, you were there. When Nan died you were there to hold my hand, you made everything better."

"You love me?"

"Yes, duffus, more than anything."

"Why didn't you say?"

"For the same reason as you. I was scared. Afraid you didn't feel the same. Then today, all my dreams came true. I'm sorry I blew it."

"Everybody's going to be laughing at me." I sighed glumly.

"Not when we walk in together, hand in hand. Okay, there might be some laughs, but we'll deal with that."

"Melie..."

"Shut up and kiss me."

The kiss, my brain flooded with thoughts, images. She loved me... It was real.

"Hah, fuck you Cupid you little bitch."

Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,525 Followers