All Comments on 'Slave Doctors Sold at Auction'

by Chevalier237

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
aznlookinguyaznlookinguyover 3 years ago
Good Grief

This clearly is the most inane story ever written. Throw every ounce of fantasy or realism or intelligence out the window.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just stop writing

I have read a couple of the stories and they have no erotic class at all. There are just slaves and things happen to them. A ho-hum set. 'She was very compliant. She was a very well trained doctor. She gave great blowjobs. She was happy in her new life', no emotion at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

There's a bunch of highly unrealistic sex slave alternate universes on this site, but at the very least, most of them have intense, graphic sex scenes. This "story" has neither. Scholarships in exchange for providing sexual relief on campus was fine. Some people already do stripping or prostitution to get themselves through college. But lifetime servitude? You'd need generations of social engineering and cultural shift for that to be palatable. And even if you wrote all that in, you'd be reducing the women to be nothing more than brainwashed sex dolls, with none of the complex emotions that would come from enslaving someone with notions of freedom and individuality similar to ours. Building on that, you could have easily written it as a female-only scholarship, with the men's only option being a sort of GI bill. I mean, you already talked about a war a bunch of times, so I don't know why on Earth you didn't think to just make a soldiers-only scholarship for the men.

1/5. Needs improvement.

thomas_deanthomas_deanover 1 year ago

Dystopia

Show don't tell is an axiom of story telling. Chevalier presents a dystopia like that portrayed in HANDMAIDEN's TALE. However Chevalier simply lays down the rules of the slave world. The preferred technique is use the eyes of the perspective character to tell the story of daily life in a living hell. This is how Orwell used Winston Smith in 1984 to describe the international system of perpetual war or Anthony Burgess presented social change and deterioration through the voice of Bev Jones in Anthony Burgess' 1985.

Still Chevalier presents an interesting concept. I hope to see more from Chevalier.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous