Slave Unbound Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She thought about Cookie's words out in the training yard regarding Sasinel. Steeling herself, she prepared herself for whatever reason she'd been summoned to her owner's chambers. She only hoped that she wouldn't have to perform such acts with a bunch of guards standing around them staring.

"I've been watching your progress with interest, Leita." Mistress Marlowe said, her voice as silky as her dress. "I am quite impressed."

Leita gave her Mistress a little bow. "Thank you, Mistress. I wish to please—" She paused, catching her phrasing and clearing her throat quickly. "I want to impress Mistress." She amended.

Mistress Marlowe gave a languid little gesture of her hand. "I admit, I had my fears, Leita, but I think you are going to prove worth single coin I paid for you. I am eager to find out, actually." She stood up, smoothing her gown a moment, injecting more formality into her demeanor. "Normally, new gladiators of the House start in basic matches, simple affairs meant to get their feet wet, as it were. Standard fights against trained animals, lots, or other new novice gladiators."

She moved across the room, graceful as a cat, to her desk. She picked up a sheet of parchment sitting next to the small covered birdcage and waved it at Leita. "You, however, I believe are capable of taking on a much more prestigious arrangement. I have brokered a fight between you and one of House Blackorchid's up and coming combatants. Tylone was quite keen to accept, still thinking your win as a lot was just luck. He wants to rub it in my face that I paid so much for you by having one of his stable better you."

Stepping back over to the couch, paper still in hand, she paused a moment to pour a finger of wine into a glass from a small table beside it. "He is not only wagering a tidy sum of money on it, but has also agreed to part with a particularly nice bottle of spirits from his home country that I've had my eye on. A rarity in these parts that most would kill for."

She languidly drained the glass of wine. "If you lose, however, I have to buy him a rather expensive pleasure slave that he has had his eye on. And, of course, I will be very displeased in my misplaced faith in you. Lose this match, my dear, and I will make you the prize for the next man in the stable who secures a triumph." She paused, considering her own threat, before shrugging. "Or just have you stripped naked in the training yard, whipped, and left for anyone that might wish to have their fun with you." She added casually, pouring herself more wine.

Leita glanced towards Cookie at the second threat, feeling a touch of amusement at having just heard almost those exact same words a few minutes ago, despite there dire implication. The consort watching the Housemistress intently, drinking her in with her eyes adoringly. Cookie obviously saw Sabrina Marlowe as more than just the woman she gave allegiance to. She worshipped her, though it wasn't clear if it came from a desire to be with her or simply to be like her.

Turning her attention back to her owner, Leita bowed her head. "I will do my best to make you proud, Mistress." She said, though she felt a heavy doubt in her stomach, considering how much trouble she'd been having.

Marlowe peered at her, a slight smile perking up the corner of her mouth. "I'm sure you will, Leita. You will be fighting tomorrow morning, so be sure not to wear yourself out today." She took a sip of the wine. "Now off with you. Cookie, please remain. I would like to be entertained."

Cookie dipped into a graceful curtsy. "Of course, Mistress. It is my pleasure."

As the guards began to usher her back outside, Leita caught a glimpse of the cover of the small cage on Sabrina's desk moving, as though something beneath it had disturbed it. For the first time, she found herself really wondering what sort of bird her owner had within it and why she always kept it covered. Her thoughts remained on it only a moment, however, before becoming completely consumed by the fact that tomorrow she would finally return to the arena.

And how odd it was that the thought excited her.

12