Slave Unbound Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Quite elegant, Cornelius." Sabrina said, actually rather impressed. "Though you did miss one point. You have still admitted to actively trying to hurt my House."

He waved that away. "And when isn't that always the case with all Houses here? We don't normally advertise it, but aren't we always taking such our little shots at one another? Can you really say that you haven't played such little games yourself?" He gave a little laugh. "In the end, what is one gladiator? When isn't there a chance that a skilled fighter won't be killed by little more than a lucky throw of a knife?"

"I suppose you have me there, Cornelius." Sabrina conceded. She'd have been lying to say the insult for which this was meant as payback for had not been something she'd taken great amusement in. "In that case, since we seem to be on the same page, Cornelius, are you sure you don't wish to stay and watch the rest of the day together?" Sabrina asked, signaling for the servant to bring her a fresh glass of wine. "There is no need to hurry away or let such sour dealings ruin the chance to socialize. As you say, there is no reason to hold grudges over this between us."

"Alas, I fear I now have a few loose ends to seal up." Cornelius said with another nonchalant shrug. "Perhaps another time, though." He turned and began making his way out.

"Cornelius, darling, I believe you are forgetting something." Sabrina called to him before he could get to the exit of the box.

He turned and looked at her curiously. "Am I? And just what would that be?"

Sabrina took a sip of her wine before turning her gaze to look at Cookie. "Why, your accomplice, dear. I mean, my concubine here has been feeding you information, has she not?"

The look of shock and surprise on Cookie's face said all she needed to confirm her theory. It was not the look of someone confused by what she'd said, but having been unexpectedly caught up to no good. "I...Mistress...I..." She stammered, trying to find some words of defense.

Sabrina merely smiled malevolently at her as she sputtered. "Oh, don't bother, my dear. You did a very poor job of hiding your part in this. You were the one who told me about Verdant's likely visit and its purpose. You were also the one who suggested we set Leita against the lot in an attempt to break her defiant spirit." She took a sip of the fresh wine. "It also explains why your attempts at breaking her had seemed so lackluster and ineffectual."

She looked back at Cornelius. "Had she been a little better at manipulation, I might have actually believed that you caught Leita in your little trap only by accident. However, this was obviously meant to target her as well as me."

Cornelius gave a bemused sigh, playfully raising his hands as if caught trying to play a prank. "Always sharp, Sabrina. Yes, she has, I'm afraid. And, yes, this was always more about her than it ever was about you, really." He looked to Cookie. "It would seem you have some loose ends to tie up yourself. I have no interest in someone so easily pushed to disloyalty, especially in light of all the years she's been under you." He smirked. "Besides, as I understand it, she's still listed as your property in the Municipal Record, or something like. I'd have to buy her from you and, obviously, I have no need of any new pleasure slaves at the moment." He looked to Maria with mock affection.

Cookie stared, terrified, at Sabrina. "Please, M-mistress, I did it only because of her! I swear it! I would never truly betray you. I love you!"

Sabrina reached up to caress her face. "Oh, you poor, deluded, creature. I know how you feel about me. However, I also know that I have only ever been a means to an end to you. It's not me you love. What you love is the idea of becoming me. Which you have no chance of."

Cornelius gave a nasty chuckle. "Well, I suppose I should take my leave then. Being that I have it on 'good authority' that Leita has managed to learn how to be properly pleasurable, I will make arrangements for rescheduling her soon."

Sabrina looked to him. "Oh? I would have assumed this little assassination attempt to mean that you no longer had plans to simply try and ravish her in one of my guest rooms."

"I never said that, Sabrina." Cornelius laughed. "One way or another, I will have my pound of flesh from the girl. She has already cost me far too much, both in riches and in pride, to let it go now."

Sabrina peered at him, her smile poisonous. "Well, then consider my rescinding any acceptance of your offer for time with her as my retaliation for your latest move in 'the games we play'. Since Miss Stedmark appears to still be in your books, I'm sure you can always play out any frustrations you may have on her." Her eyes darkened. "I would offer you Cookie as a replacement, but I doubt she'll be all that pleasing soon."

Cornelius bowed to her politely. "I suppose that is fair. Shall we then declare things even between us for now, then?"

Sabrina nodded agreement. "Yes, we'll call this round a draw and move on to future moves, darling." She lifted her glass to him. "Let the game continue."

"Excellent." Cornelius said jovially. "I look forward to our next clash then. Perhaps the next time, we can make it more interesting."

"Accepted, Cornelius." Sabrina said with a nod. "Just know that I will take any further moles in my House very personal."

"Noted." Cornelius turned to look at Maria. "Wave goodbye to Mistress Marlowe and the dead woman, dear."

12