All Comments on 'Slave Unbound Ch. 30'

by MemoryofSnow

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
GortmundyGortmundy4 months ago

What dire schemes are this that appear before us, chewed,swallowed and digested?

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnow4 months agoAuthor

Hehe. Lots going on in the ol' arena these days, it seems. Needed to catch up a few details that have been lagging. :) Poor Verdant has been waiting for ages!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wow. This is getting more complex with each chapter. I can't help it but I find myself rooting for Trinka now. Who would have thought? Also, I like Oscar's character. Not because he is likable but for him being the ultimate pawn shoved around on a chessboard until it's time to get sacrificed for a larger gain.

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnow3 months agoAuthor

Trinka will factor in a lot more over time. This book may not get much back to her, but her story and character is going to grow and evolve a lot as the books go on. She is not meant to be a truly good person, but even I can sort of see some antihero vibes from her. She'll definitely have some growing to do, but I have a lot of plans for her.

Oscar is someone else that will factor in a lot more in later books, but his influence will certainly be felt before this book reaches its close. He (and Zendrich) were very significant characters in the original campaign that this books is inspired by. I've been looking forward to properly introducing them for a while.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow, the introduction of Oscar and lord Zendrich has my head spinning, I’m not sure what to think of it. You just recently reintroduced Donovan Solivar’s character, who is ready to stir up some drama, now you throw in Zendrich and his new reluctant henchman/puppet, it’s seems that you decided to turn up the heat in the kitchen. Oh yeah you’ve also got Orchidbryar, and his little vendetta going on.

I’m a little worried for Verdant, he seems like he may be one of the few good guys in the story, and it looks like he may lose his integrity or at the very least end up a patsy. I hope he can get out of this mess he let himself be conned into with his soul intact.

Off to read the next chapter, I usually wait for a couple at a time, the story flows better for me that way.

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnow3 months agoAuthor

You forgot Cornelius's little game. Haha

Yeah, trying to get the stew a stirring, for sure. One of my intentions is for this to be a series of books and for it to reach beyond just what is going on with Leita. I consider chapter 1-29 to be sort of 'Act 1' and this is the bridge to 'Act 2', which is going to definitely heat up a lot of things and be me greatly expanding beyond just her story and into the world she inhabits.

I hope it all goes well, but I think the setting and world is fertile enough to make a much deeper and more complex story. Leita will always be the forefront character, but I definitely have a lot of plans for the future.

I'm off to see what you thought of Chapter 31. :)

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Thanks for the response, it’s always such a wonderful thing to have dialog with the writer.

You know it’s funny that you mention this story being more of a series of books, before reading that, I was thinking about how the way this story was developing it was starting to have a Game of Thrones feel to it, many characters with many story lines all heading for a Giant dramatic convergence.

Thanks again KS (Sorry I forgot to sign my last post, even though I’m anonymous I like to leave a name in case you want to call me out on anything)

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnow3 months agoAuthor

You are honestly not the first person to evoke the Song of Ice and Fire to me on this story and I always take it as a compliment. While I doubt I will ever reach that same scope or quality, I would love to think that this series will manage to become a very good example of that sort of epic storytelling. There are many characters I intend to one day introduce in later books, based on characters from the same sorts of source that this one came from (I'm a role-player and this is based on campaigns I've run, though VERY loosely).

In time, there will be a lot of different stories that will slowly weave together and I intend to far beyond the limits of the city of Solace and into the world at large. I'm only getting started and I hope everyone keeps coming along for the ride.

Fibroidkey794Fibroidkey7943 months ago

Wow they couldn't even let trinka die, that's rough. Gonna be interesting to see what comes of Oscar and his house.

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnow3 months agoAuthor

Many things a coming with all three of these poor, unfortunate, souls. Hehe

Also, I just submitted Chapter 32 on here, so it should be a only a few days before the next chapter posts. :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMemoryofSnow@MemoryofSnow
Characters, Story, and Text for all my writing are protected by Copyright Law. Thank you for all the love and support I have received her over the last couple of years. I am grateful that my work here is still getting attention and comments and I received new Followers from ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES