All Comments on 'Slave Unbound Ch. 32'

by MemoryofSnow

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
Ravey19Ravey193 months ago

Great. When will she see Crusher again?

Fibroidkey794Fibroidkey7943 months ago

Yay another chapter! Wonderful as always, makes me wonder if Leita will ever have to fight Crusher.

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnow3 months agoAuthor

@Ravey - I'm pretty sure that the next time she sees Crusher will be way too soon for her. Hahaha However, the next time you, the reader, sees him, will be much sooner. I've taken my time working up to him, but Crusher is going to be a very significant character as the story goes along. He is my wife's favorite character from the original campaign this story is based on, possibly of all time.

I have to admit, I've always loved his brand of diabolical menace myself.

@Fib - Crusher is definitely out of her league, especially right now, so let's hope that's not something that happens for a very long time. ;)

Crusher has a very big part to play in the future and is not someone I have introduced lightly. In time, I hope he will become someone that my readers get utterly excited to see make appearances.

GortmundyGortmundy3 months ago

Crusher is formidable, and he knows it. But as Merlin says in "Excalibur:" "Remember, there's always something cleverer than yourself." Yes, she's no match for him... yet. But she's already not scared of him. She's seen him train, seen him move, seen him think. And her little brain will be processing all that. If she's ever forced to face him she'll have a plan. Of course, no plan survives contact with the enemy. Im curious to see how she fares in this next fight. I'd not put it past her to cut her enemy to bits.

GortmundyGortmundy3 months ago

Its just we've seen her be lucky, merciful, and even skilled. I wonder if just maybe we're going to see her be ruthless.

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnow3 months agoAuthor

Hehe. Oh, there will be a time, my good man, there will be a time.

Bear in mind, she's actually never seen Crusher before this moment. She guessed his identity based on how the guards acted towards him and what she knew of his reputation, however, she has never seen him actually fight and has definitely never seen him in training. You will find that Crusher's remark about how no one can fight like he does to be a very significant one. Crusher is a legend for a reason.

Leita is able to learn forms and styles as she sees them play out, which is how she's been able to easily fight those she has already (the lots have no skills, so she's already way beyond them and all the gladiators she's fought so far leaned heavily on combat styles and pattern-based training). This is why she is worried about Hulvoc, because she recognizes that he has no pattern to learn, no style to exploit. He is just savage brutality and chaos.

Now give that brutal chaos a sharp brain. That's where Crusher lives. :)

GortmundyGortmundy3 months ago

Argh! My bad. I got her mixed up with Trinka for a sec. Duh! Still, she learned something even in the short time she met him. And that's one thing that will be filed away for future use. She needs more for the jigsaw to be complete. And the Hulvoc does have a pattern, and a style. Crusher told her what it was, and you just said the same: savage brutality and chaos. She just needs to figure out how to beat that, or how to turn it to her advantage... without getting killed in the process. Simples! (lol)

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow, what an ending to a chapter that was calm, sedate, and intellectual for the first 95% of the submission, then all hell broke loose. The reveal in the last paragraph that Leita put her self in that position as a gut instinct, last second, motivational tool was mind blowing.

I’m sure that wasn’t the easiest thing to do to your character, with what she put herself through, but it kind of fit, and to me it showed another step in the growth/transformation of Leita.

Now on another note, Ive been checking here almost daily, and was expecting a grand battle in this episode, but some writer of scrupulous ethics decided to pull a bate and switch on us pour unsuspecting readers. I don’t think you can go to that well two chapters in a row, so the pressure is on now for an epic Leita vs Hulvoc battle to the death chapter. 😀

Thanks for the effort KS.

PS don’t even think of any cliff hanger thingy where we don’t know if Leita lives or dies at the end of this next chapter, we peasants will lead a palace revolt if you do.😂

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

One of the best chapters so far. Really liked the interaction of Leita and Crusher. That last scene with the asked for outburst of life threatening violence that ended with a soft kiss is amazing. That's a new storyline I'll be surely looking for. Overall it's impressive how you keep adding plotlines. This story is getting more complex with each chapter. Keep it coming!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago
I love this story

Not a criticism, but I think you meant "revel" ( to take delight in ) not revealed in the fourth to last line. Very complicated and so many twists and turns! cowboy100

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnow2 months agoAuthor

@gortmundy - You have a point, brutality is a sort of 'style', I suppose. And she does take that in mind when she steps up to face the brute. I'm pretty sure the fight is going to be very startling and unexpected in all the best and most wonderfully horrible ways. :)

@KS - I am glad you enjoyed it and that you are ready for the epic fight. And, I can assure you that you will be getting it in the next chapter (I'm already part-way into writing it, so no bait and switch this time). It will be a pretty heated and savage fight, allowing you to really see just how fierce out little blonde slave can be when she has to be. And since I would hate to have my fans revolt, I give my word that both the start and end of the fight will be in this next chapter. :)

@Anonymous reader - I'm glad you are enjoying it and liked the little touch of Crusher giving her a playful little kiss before he let go (because, come on, we all know those guards didn't manage to get her loose on their own ability). Before this first book is done, there will be a great many threads for the weaving, just you wait and see. ;)

@cowboy100 - Thank you for the keenly spotted typo! I'm always grateful when someone let's me know when they find one. I often catch them months later when I'm going back to reread to ensure continuity with certain things. I'll make the correction this weekend and get the fixed version submitted. :)

Really glad you are loving the story!

GortmundyGortmundy2 months ago

The Hulvoc will be massively overconfident (maybe justly so), He'll not take her seriously, and if he fucks about and lets her close enough she's going to cut his nadgers off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Now she was ready.

What a line, those four words had the impact of hundred’s, are you that good, or did you just get lucky? 😀

I reread this chapter now that it had settled a little, it was even better this go around. With the second read I was able to slow down and evaluate and enjoy it even more. I think this may have been your best writing in the series. Thanks again. KS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I’m not sure if you’re finished with the next chapter or not yet, but Gortmundy brought up a good point, after all of the savagery, and rapping Hulvac has committed, it might be poetic justice if he did lose his “nadgers” (you English come up with some funny slang sometimes) during the fight. The look on his face knowing he’d just lost all of his equipment, and he’ll probably bleed to death, would be priceless.

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnowabout 2 months agoAuthor

I am submitting Chapter 33 right now, actually. I would like to say, for the record, that I had a majority of it written before this chapter and the predictions in the comments went live, so we'll see how many of you had good predictions. ;)

@KS - Thank you for your praise and while I'm too humble to answer 'I'm just that good', the last line was not an accident. It was very intentionally done. Honestly, I was sweating bullets that people would find that offensive or silly-sounding. I was introduced to the term 'Garm' after I had initially submitted this chapter and I immediately worried it would prove to be a sign that I had committed the very troupe, Hahaha

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMemoryofSnow@MemoryofSnow
Characters, Story, and Text for all my writing are protected by Copyright Law. Thank you for all the love and support I have received her over the last couple of years. I am grateful that my work here is still getting attention and comments and I received new Followers from ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES