All Comments on 'Sliding Into Home'

by demon160

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensover 2 years ago

Great story! 5*

Baseball and romance. What’s not to like? Thanks for sharing this.

ag2507ag2507over 2 years ago

Lovely story. You are a bit aggressive with the eclipses which should really only be three dots... Any more than 4 interrupts the flow. Even word converts three consecutive stops into a single character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A wonderful, well crafted story. Excellent baseball knowledge. The story line was perfect. The characters well developed. The flashback of Adam and Fiona's relationship from the past was perfect. I really liked the fact that you did not describe how Jess came into being. Tastefully done. Thank you for this story. K

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

“I instantly thought about Fiona and I.” Well, maybe I thought about Fiona, but I’m not sure I thought about I.

The little plot hiccup of Fiona being put off by his house and toys seemed lame and contrived, almost like the author had to think of something for dramatic tension.

And what is it with LE writers who seem to think women in the throes of orgasm have to cry out ‘I’m cumming’?

4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Every now and then really good stories sneak in here.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yep, 5 stars from me. The level of love Fi had for Adam rings true in her desire to see him fulfill his dream of playing in the majors. Even Fiona's dead husband demonstrated highly commendable levels of love and commitment both to Fi and the innocent child she was carrying when they came into his life. Oh yeah, this us the good stuff. Please continue to grace us with excellent, believable, heartfelt material like this that's simply a joy to read.

1 complaint; why have Jessica call Adam dad only once and then revert to calling him Adam for the rest of the story?

DCCoffeemanDCCoffeemanover 2 years ago

Fun story. This brought back memories of my own ball playing days. Thanks…

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 2 years ago

Great story, loved every paragraph of it.

jaykaythreejaykaythreeover 2 years ago

You earned those five stars I gave you ... it was a hell of a ride, and thanks for having us along for it.

Tonyusmc3051Tonyusmc3051over 2 years ago

I was surprised at how this story grabbed me from the beginning and kept me until the end. Well written and made me smile in many of the chapters. I am glad I was able to experience this story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Fantastic

This was a very well paced, well researched and completely enjoyable story. One of the best ones I’ve read on here in a while. Kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You write amazing stories. Loved this one too. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was great human story. Thanks for the telling of it. all the parts were appropriate and for some reason, not erotic but all part of the love story.... awesome!

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedover 2 years ago

Great story and always nice to have a fresh angle on a romance.

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
Great writing

I do not know if it is because you are Australian or not but you write without the standard LW Clichés and I really appreciate that. Other authors take note.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Do NOT read the end at work...you may cry. Great story with a wondetful ending.

AZTT2AZTT2over 2 years ago

Great story. The baseball theme was fun.

ThefirefliesThefirefliesover 2 years ago

Nice one. Had me looking up things about baseball in Aus.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Excellent story. Never knew Aussies went to USA playing baseball. Loved the way he picked back up with Fiona and they rekindled the love that had been dormant for 17 years or so. Not a lot of drama and the bit there was re Fiona getting upset at his lifestyle seemed a little contrived and petty seeing what she had already gone through for him. That's quite minor and does not affect my rating. 5 ⛤

arrowglassarrowglassover 2 years ago
A really good read!

Very well done!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very well done. Greet entertainment. More please. Thank you for your work.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

I’m a sucker for a good romance, this had nearly everything I could want as well, the only thing missing was the “evil” Ex getting his/her come-uppance, well written and properly punctuated, this was a delight to read, if only certain other authors did the same, they’d see an immediate response in stars! Thank you for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

It's a lovely story but it would have been better if you got rid of the Wooster and kept the Worcester and kept Pawtucket where they belong. I an never going to get over losing my home team.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

4 stars, just find it hard to believe the main character wasn't even a little bit upset that his "best friend" hid his daughter from him for 19 years. Or that Fiona wasn't even a tiny bit mad at Jessica for telling him. Or that Jessica wasn't even a smidgen upset that she'd never met her dad before then... Just felt like everyone was too "fine" with how it all played out. Liked the rest of the story though.

pythagoreanpythagoreanover 1 year ago

Terrific ending. The pacing of the story was very good.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago
??

It would make zero sense for Paul to be jessica's dad if after 3 years in the USA Adam comes home to see his parents and Fiona and Paul is only Fiona's fiance. When did they meet 6 months ago?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous