All Comments on 'Slings and Arrows'

by feelin_randy

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Loved it!

I hope you're planning to revisit these characters. By the way, he could have had a revelation that the same white female bartender who knew him as "Noah" only addressed George as "your friend" and "the black girl." He truly lacked an understanding of these subtle techniques that people use to devalue interracial relationships. Believe me, I know. I'm not saying that they have to react or respond to every ignorant idiot who addresses them, but they need to be firmly on one another's team. The ability to look across the table and roll your eyes together in recognition of a common irritation is one of the hallmarks of a successful relationship. It is especially important when you are dating someone of another race or culture, as you are often establishing norms as a couple that supersede outward differences and assumptions. Good luck, and I definitely hope to see more from you, soon.

feelin_randyfeelin_randyabout 13 years agoAuthor
Thanks anon!

Thanks for the feedback! Noah was actually supposed to have that revelation, but I think It got lost in the frantic final read through. I'll have a better edited version of the story up eventually.

divisionreddivisionredabout 13 years ago
This was a cute Valentines Day Story

Thanks for a great read.

theognistheognisabout 13 years ago
*****

Very, very nice. Easily five stars.

lucianloverlucianloverabout 13 years ago
No editing please!!!!

We love it just the way it is!!!!!!!

lucianloverlucianloverabout 13 years ago
No editing please!!!!!!

We love it just the way it is!!!!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous