All Comments on 'Snap Timing Ch. 03'

by HDDPDX

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
MarcLuciFerMarcLuciFer6 months ago

Glad to see you back and the intensity of chapter #3 made this totally worth the wait. There was a lot of emotions on display here, but once again Kendall/you seemed to be the much more mature of what now appears to be the former Jenks/Kendall duo. Most of those questions you asked at the end of this chapter also ran through my head as I read, particularly the one about whether Jordan is using Kendall to gain the starting position. He's saying the right things and showing concern about Kendall's wellbeing, but wouldn't someone with their own agenda and who's experienced in manipulation know to do that? Looking forward to having that and other questions answered and to seeing if Jenks ever matures enough to stand up to his father and admit who he is. Great chapter!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

These days the stories here are so stupid and ridiculous that they are not even worth the time to add a comment, but this is different. I love the complexity of the characters and the way in which you are telling their story. Raised in a super religious society that is filled with bigotry and intolerance I can see the dilemma these young men are facing and the struggle to do what they love while loving who they truly love. If this story is a reflection of some part of your personal experience, I hope you came out ok and I hope that these three young men will find their way too. I feel for Kendall because he is in the middle of these two who want to use him to advance their football career. Experience is the best teacher so hopefully he will find his way and wizen up. Cant wait to see what comes next. Great job!

PlayaJumperPlayaJumper6 months ago

I’m really liking the stories. I think you could go a bit more in depth with Jenks’ internal struggle, vice focusing on Kendall. But, ultimately, it’s your story to tell. I’d like to think Jenks isn’t that “stereotypical” repressed religious kid. He has to be struggling with his obvious love for K…. I guess wht I’m trying to say is that so far, K is much more three dimensional at this point, and Jenks is still more two dimensional. Love the story! Please don’t get me wrong! Cheers from PDX!

HDDPDXHDDPDX6 months agoAuthor

Thanks for the feedback. I have started the next chapter. I am trying to stay true to each person as the story unfolds. The next chapter will include some backstory to help readers understand recent events. In my life I try to have empathy for everyone because we never know what motivates them. We are individually responsible for how we let our past determine our future. I also know that the best predictor for future behaviour is found in our history. Kendall will remain the central character as we explore deeper into others.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHDDPDX@HDDPDX
Grew up on a farm in SC. Moved around a bit before I landed in PDX.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Snap Timing Series Info