Snow Lily

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In the afternoon I took a break and called the hospital. Lily was doing well, but still sleeping. I told the nurse to let her know her dog was fine and with me and that I would try to see her the next day. The other person I called was Will.

"Dude!" Will answered the phone. "You're back already? Did the snow chase you out of your hole?"

"Hi Will," I said. "Listen, can you get a hold of the folks at Camp Safely that supplied the first aid kit? I did end up using it and I'll even give it a glowing personal review if you can get them to co-sponsor my vlog for a month. I have a lot of good footage and I think this will be big."

"Uh...sure...I guess," said Will. "You gonna let me in on what happened?"

"You'll see it when my vlog debuts," I said. "Gotta go. Later on dude!" I dove back into my editing.

It was obvious as I reviewed the footage that Nanook would be a star. The camera loved the dog. Yeah, I know I played a big part too, but I did what I could to highlight Nanook's achievement with my little bits of narration. Turned out that I had enough good footage for 4 or 5 episodes. I knew I couldn't really gauge how big this would be. It was such an experience for Lily and I, but you never really know what people will care about.

I was able to polish off 2 full episodes when I realized I needed a good title. Things like 'Nanook's adventure' or 'Nanook's rescue' just sounded a little too much like a Disney movie. I thought about the blizzard and then I thought about Lily. 'Snow Lily' jumped into my brain. The more I rattled it around, the more I liked it. 'Snow Lily' would be the title of this series.

After feeding the dog and myself, I settled into more editing. This was a real challenge for me since I usually use a set formula for my vlog. This was way more like a reality program than a polished vlog or equipment review. I endeavored to keep the real feelings of tension and anxiety evident throughout the program.

I ended up working late into the night. It was almost as if I was high on adrenaline again. Reliving the event sent me into overdrive. I was very happy with the results. If this didn't boost my vlog then nothing will, but then I wasn't really doing it for my vlog. It was for me, Lily and Nanook. It felt like no matter what happened, we would always be able to share this. I found that this thought really mattered to me. I wanted to have that link, that connection with Lily. I started to think more and more about her as the night wore on.

I had to get some sleep. After Nanook was cared for and the lights were out, I settled into my bed. The sheets felt stark and cold. I found myself wishing I was sharing my bed with Lily. She made me feel so warm with her smile. I tried to get a hold of my drifting thoughts, but clearing my head for sleep was a real struggle.

--

It was New Year's Eve day. I went for a long walk with Nanook through my neighborhood. People were friendly and asked about my new dog. I merely stated that I was watching her for a friend. There was no way to try to relate the real story. Nanook was a hit with the neighborhood kids. One had a sled and I asked if they wanted my dog to pull them. They all yelled in agreement.

I hooked up Nanook with three kids in tow. I pulled out my phone and hit the video record. "Hike!" I yelled and Nanook took off. The kid on the back of the sled immediately rolled off backwards while the other two hung on for dear life. "Gee!" I yelled and Nanook made the turn. The two other kids flew off the side from the force and landed in a snowbank. Everyone was laughing hysterically. This sure was a lot different than my normal walks through my neighborhood.

After Nanook and I got back from our walk, I decided I needed to make another video for Lily. I took my camera and started howling at Nanook. It's so easy to get these dogs howling. "Ow! Ow!" I'd yell. "Aaaaooooh" Nanook would howl. I started howling "I Miss You" to try to get Nanook to say the phrase. "IIII MOOOW YOOOU" was what I was able to record. It was close enough.

I called the hospital to make sure Lily was allowed visitors. The nurse who answered even recognized my voice.

"Oh...Yes...Hello Mr. Stone. Yes you can come visit," said the nurse. "Lily is doing well. She's been asking about you."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes she has," replied the nurse. "You have quite a following here now. It's been slow since we don't have many patients. Lily has been telling all the nurses about your rescue. I dare say that you're a local celebrity, at least here in the hospital."

"Oh my," I responded. "I hope she's given equal time to her dog Nanook. I never would have pulled any of this off if it wasn't for her. Listen, I wonder if I can ask a favor?"

"What do you need?" asked the nurse.

"I was wondering if I could come in later tonight and stay with Lily until the ball dropped," I asked. "I know it's past visiting hours, but seeing that it's New Year's Eve, I was hoping I could skirt the rules a bit."

"I think I can let that happen," said the floor nurse. "I'll just need you to be really quiet."

"I will, and thanks! Bye now," I said as I hung up the phone.

I decided to pick up a half-bottle of champagne and some plastic glasses for the countdown to midnight. I just hope the nurses wouldn't search me for contraband. I guess it was kind of cheesy, but what I was really looking forward to was the kiss from Lily to bring in the new year. Considering how things had gone for me last year, I was hoping to start next year off a lot better.

--

I walked through the automatic doors of the hospital at 7pm. It was just a half hour before visiting hours were over. I made my way to the 4th floor with my bag, laptop and a bouquet of flowers. I stopped at the nurses station to check in with the floor nurse I had talked to earlier.

"Well, hello there Mr. Stone!" the nurse said, batting her eyelashes. "He's here girls!" She yelled out.

The next thing I know I was surrounded by the floor's nursing staff. They were all asking questions and patting me on the back. A few leaned in and kissed my cheek. More than one shoved a piece of paper with a phone number on it into my hand as they kissed me. I was more than a bit uncomfortable to say the least. Lucky for me another familiar face broke through the crowd.

"Come with me," Officer Shaw announced. "We need to have a private talk."

We walked into an unused room. "Thanks," I muttered. "I needed my own rescue back there!"

Officer Shaw chuckled. "You're welcome. I just wanted to let you know we've talked to the doctors and to Lily. You'll be happy to know that her ex-boyfriend Jeff is in serious legal trouble for assaulting her and for lying to police. Your rescue video sealed the deal with the judge."

"Thanks," I said, happy that he'd get what was coming to him. "I still can't believe anyone would put a vulnerable girl in that position. It makes my blood boil to even think about it."

"Well, you won't have to worry about him. We'll take care of it. You just need to go and comfort Lily. She's starting to get agitated about being stuck in here," the officer said.

"I'll do that right now!" I said as I left the room.

Room 443 was just down the hall. I walked up and knocked on the door frame, there was just a curtain closed across the opening.

"Come in," was the call from Lily.

"I hope I'm not disturbing you," I said as I came into view.

"Oh, Bryan! Please! Come here and give me a hug! I'm so glad it's you," said Lily.

I walked to the side of her bed with my arms out. No way I'd let the chance for a hug go by. "I'm so glad you're feeling much better! You had me really worried there for a while," I said as I hugged her slim frame. "You're looking much better!"

"Ha. You Liar! I look like shit! This hospital gown does nothing for me!" she said. "At least I finally got a shower this morning. It had been all week!"

"I guess you're right. You looked better in my flannel sleepwear," I kidded her. "At least you smell better!" I spent a little extra time in the hug, smelling the enticing scent of her hair.

"How's Nanook?" she asked. "I miss her so much!"

"Nanook's doing very well. I think she really likes my place," I replied. "We took a walk this morning and she got to relive her Iditarod fantasy."

"What do you mean?" asked Lily.

I pulled out my phone and queued up the video of her pulling the neighborhood kids' sled.

"Oh my god!" Lily yelled. She started to laugh heartily when the kids went flying into the snow.

"I guess I should have told them to wear their seatbelts.," I joked.

Lily's laugh turned into a grimace. "Oh my foot!" she complained.

"So what are they telling you about your foot?" I asked, still sitting on the side of the bed.

"I had a piece of the rock stuck in my foot. They dug it out, but I'm going to be out of commission for about 4 weeks," Lilly explained. I'll need to use crutches and then a boot. I'll be fine after I get into physical therapy. They even gave me the stupid rock as a souvenir."

I hugged her again. "You're a brave lady. That must have been so painful."

'I'm sure I don't know the half of it," Lily continued. "I was out of it alot of the time we were at the cabin."

"Well, someone really misses you," I said as I queued up the video of Nanook's howling. I showed it to Lily.

She smiled, but then she just started to cry. "Oh Bryan, I owe you so much. You've done so much for me. I'll never be able to repay your kindness. I owe you my life, my dog's life, It's just too much!" Her crying started to turn into sobs.

I just held her close. "Lily," I said. "You were put in that position through no fault of your own. I was lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time. Sometimes fate just happens. If it wasn't for Nanook, I'd never have found my beautiful Snow Lily."

She looked up at me with tears in her eyes. "Snow Lily?"

"A Snow Lily is the first violet that pops up in the early spring," I explained. "Many times it can pop up through light snow late in the winter season. It has beautiful white and yellow flowers. It's the first sign of spring and better things ahead. I found you in the snow on that fateful day. You're my Snow Lily." I kissed her on the forehead.

Lily just blushed a deep red. "Bryan...I..." she couldn't finish her sentence.

"Lily, I know we've just met," I said. "I know it's too early to make any promises and I don't want to take advantage of your weakened state, but I'd really like to get to know you better. As it is, it looks like you'll need help with Nanook for the next few weeks as you heal. At least let me watch her for you until then."

Lily nodded in agreement. "I don't really have anyone to turn to for Nanook. That would be wonderful."

"Do you have anyone to help care for you?" I asked.

"My parents are coming in tomorrow. That's when I'm scheduled to get out of the hospital. They couldn't get any earlier flights due to the holidays. They were shocked when I talked to them, but they're happy that I'm getting better."

"I'm glad to hear you'll be getting some support from those that love you," I added. "I do have one favor I need to ask from you."

"Oh please," said Lily. "Anything I can do for you will help me feel better about all of this."

"Ok," I took a deep breath. I wasn't sure how she would react since it could sound like I was just capitalizing on her misfortune. "I need your permission to use the video I took of our adventure on the vlog. I have a couple of episodes finished if you'd like to see them first. But since you are in some of the scenes it wouldn't be right if I didn't ask your permission."

"I don't know...I'm embarrassed," Lily protested.

"Here, we have some time," I offered. "Let's watch what I've put together so far. Then you can see if you are OK with making it public.

I cued up the first of the videos. I explained that the first episode was mostly my initial hike to the cabin and that it would look like alot of my normal hiking videos. Lily smiled at the scenes that included the eagles and the little arctic fox.

"Oh...I wish I could have been with you on this hike!" she exclaimed. "The scenery is so gorgeous with the light snow and the wildlife is amazing. You really are good with that camera."

"Believe me, I would love to have been on this hike with you," I responded. "As for the scenery, any time you would be in the frame, I would term that as gorgeous."

Lily looked up at me disbelievingly, but she eventually smiled. The first episode ends when I alert on Nanook's first barks. My narration lets the audience know what I'm thinking.

"What do you think so far?" I asked.

"It's beautiful so far," she responded. "I guess the next part is when I ruin all your plans." She was frowning.

"Somehow I think that I really needed someone to shake up my plans," I confessed. "We'll see what you think about that after you see some more."

I cued up the next video. I explained how this video changes gears and shows a good portion of the rescue, including when I find her. I started the video, but I was watching her more than I was watching the screen. This would be the first time for her seeing what actually happened for herself. I was very interested in her reaction.

She smiled when she saw the scene where Nanook first came into my view. I could sense her anxiety build as the video showed me searching, trying to keep up with Nanook. My narration was sparse, but enough to reveal my thoughts as trudged through the snow. By the time I found her lying in the snow, she was in tears.

"Oh my God...," she tried to say, but her voice trailed off in shock. This part of the video was powerful. It was amazing to me that I was able to catch so much good footage, even though I wasn't actively trying to film. She watched, squeezing my arm as the video showed me wrapping her up and taking her in my arms.

She was holding me so tightly. It felt so warm and natural. I held her tight as well. My arm around her back. I know this was my Knight in Shining Armor moment, but I didn't want to brag. All I wanted was for Lily to see how much I cared for her.

I'll admit it. I ended the second episode when I fell to one knee in the snow. I couldn't resist the old cliché of a cliffhanger. It did have to have some entertainment value after all.

"Oh my God, Bryan!" Lily exclaimed. "I love it! I was there and I still want to know how it all works out in the end! Those videos are so compelling!"

"I just wanted to tell our story," I responded. "You, me and Nanook! I want you to know that I'll understand if you don't want to share this with the world. I know it's personal. When I started to look at the footage I just couldn't help it. This story tells itself!"

"Please Bryan! Please, you have my permission! I want you to finish the story. I don't even care if no one else likes them. I love them!" Lily pleaded.

"That makes me so happy! You won't regret it!" I responded. "I think by the time this is all done, Nanook will be a star!"

Lily laughed. "Nanook is already a star to me," she explained looking up in my eyes. "And now, so is someone else."

I blushed. A big burly rugged outdoorsman and here I was blushing because now I knew she cared about me too. Funny how little things can knock you on your ass. I fumbled with what to say. Lucky for me I noticed the clock on my laptop. It was already nearing midnight. "Here, I think we can watch the ball drop," I said as I tried to regain my composure.

I pulled up the New Year's Eve show on my laptop and placed it in front of Lily. While she was distracted watching the show, I pulled out the champagne and the glasses. There was one minute left to the year when she looked up at me startled by the 'Pop' of the cork. I poured the champagne into the glasses and handed her one.

"Wow, you've thought of everything!" Lily squealed. "How'd you get that past the nurses? They won't even let me go to the bathroom on my own!"

"Shhh," I responded. "I don't need to get thrown out on my ear by Nurse Rachet!"

Lily chuckled just as the announcer began to shout "10...9...8..."

I clinked her glass with mine. "Happy New Year to you Lily!" I said.

"4...3...2...1"

"Happy New Year Bryan!" We both took a sip from our glass. After the glass left her lips, I leaned down, took her chin in my hand, and placed my lips on hers. It was short and gentle, but it was passionate.

"Bryan...I..." Lily tried to speak.

I thought I sensed confliction, so I let her off easy.

"Sorry Lily," I said. "I just couldn't let a beautiful woman like you go without a New Year's kiss."

Lily set her glass down on the small table next to her, reached up toward me and put her arms around my neck. She pulled me down for another, much longer and much more passionate kiss.

So much for my senses. Confliction was not what she was feeling. We fell into each other's arms. We kissed deeply. I felt her tongue tickle my lips. I parted mine and we french kissed. It was only for half a minute, but it seemed like all my pent up frustration released through her wonderful lips and mouth. We broke the kiss. I was nearly panting.

I knew we had to stop there. Anything more and I'd be the one Officer Shaw would be leading out of the hospital in handcuffs.

"Lil...Lily," I stuttered. "Um...when is Nurse Rachet going to let you out of this place?"

"They are letting me go home tomorrow," she explained as she looked up at me with her dreamy eyes. "My parents will be here and then they'll take me home."

"Okay, Good," I responded. "Tell you what. I need to do some more editing and finish up this series of episodes. I'd like to have a personal showing for you, your parents and a couple of my good friends before these hit the internet. What do you say to having your family come over to my house for dinner on the 3rd?"

"That sounds wonderful!" Lily answered. "I guess that way I won't have to tell the story over and over."

"Great! It's a date!" I said. "I can keep Nanook for a while so you don't have to worry about her, at least until you can walk. She'll be so happy to see you!"

"I miss her too!" Lily said with a tear forming in her eyes. "I wish you didn't have to go."

"I'd better," I said, giving her another hug. "Or someone's going to have to save you from me."

She kissed me on the cheek with a smile. "Bye, Bye," she said.

"I'd better remove the evidence," I said, grabbing the bottle and glasses and shoving them into my bag. Goodnight Lily, sleep well." I kissed her forehead and slipped out of her room. I was able to make it out of the hospital without any more fanfare and jumped into the Rover. I made my way home. I was drunk on the feeling of blossoming new love.

--

"Will!" I shouted as he answered the phone.

"Dude," I could hear his drowsiness through the phone. "It's like way too early on New Year's morning to be so chipper. Some of us have a life you know. What time is it anyway?" Will looked at his alarm clock. "Jesus Bryan, it's only 8 in the morning."

"Oh...yeah...sorry...I guess I'm just excited," I responded sheepishly.

"What is it?" Will asked, trying to shake the cobwebs from his head. "Did you get laid last night or something?

"Better!....wait...Well, not better, but still exciting!" I was fumbling all over the place. I got myself together. "Will, you asked about what happened to me on my week away. It's way too long to explain, but it's all going to be documented in my vlog. I want to have a personal showing on Friday evening, the 3rd. I would really love it if you and your wife could join us!"

"Ok...I guess," sputtered Will. "But what do you mean by us? Wouldn't it just be you?"

"I met someone Will," I explained. "She's fantastic, Will! But how we met is all explained in the vlog."

"Well I guess that's nice for you," Will continued. "But I don't know if my wife is going to want to sit through 3 hours of nature video. It's hard enough to get her to go on a 30 minute hike with me."