All Comments on 'Softball'

by demander

Sort by:
  • 145 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy9 months ago

This is different but a good story! Glad they worked out a suitable arrangement in the end.

5

WisquejacWisquejac9 months ago

Interesting story. Thanks.

johntcookseyjohntcooksey9 months ago

Multifaceted and subtly nuanced characters. No real antagonists here. Just a group of people navigating emotionally turbulent waters as their lives converge and diverge (and reconverge). I enjoyed this story. Well done. Thanks very much.

Bronco56Bronco569 months ago

I enjoyed your very interesting story. I liked the happy ending. 5stars

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger9 months ago

Yeah another good read, thanks.

rublicksrublicks9 months ago

A good read , thank you

lujon2019lujon20199 months ago

SIX MONTHS BEFORE

this is why Morty killed the light house keeper

.

also cucks get one star, next time use the tag so I dont get suckered into reading spineless cuck stories

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not that different from your other stories and not compelling characters. I’m done with you. Nothing here.

PowersworderPowersworder9 months ago

He was a fool for getting back together with her.

Maddie destroyed their marriage by relentlessly badgering him to let her try out new cocks. Why would he want to get back together with a self-centred slut like her?

Reconciliations never work. He will never be able to forget her getting fucked senseless by James and his big dick.

-

Maddie was also middle-aged now and long past her prime. She was also only a couple of years from menopause. The divorce gave him the perfect opportunity to trade her in for a younger model, and escape all the emotional baggage that the ex-wife had created.

sf_operative63sf_operative639 months ago

It was ok..3 stars

DOL

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Just no to sex with therapists. It's a bad story device.

c24jc24j9 months ago

Pretty good story . . . but sex with the therapist made it kinda' sick and left a bad taste.

ReedRichardsReedRichards9 months ago

A second good story this morning!

.

Mr Sworder wrote, "Reconciliations never work. He will never be able to forget her getting fucked senseless by James and his big dick." Obviously he did get over it, with Maddie as his girlfriend; he just couldn't handle it when she was his wife.

.

The interesting part came when he took Jane upstairs first. If he was reticent, he would have waited until James took Maddie first, but didn't. That changed the entire dynamic, because, despite Maddie's expressed desire to try something new, he was the one who took action first. Then, after he had already screwed Jane very well, he heard James and Maddie banging the headboard against the wall; somehow that was different from him knowing that they were fucking, but into a form of not eyewitnessing but earwitnessing it. That was a good part to add, which made the story work.

.

It was interesting that he knew that Maddie wanted to try some new stuff, but it puffed up his ego to know that Margaret had the hots for him, and that didn't bother him at all.

.

There was a lot good about this story, but it missed any real explanation, other than perhaps time, how Todd managed to get over Maddie having fucked James.

Slick742Slick7429 months ago

Interesting tale....thanks. SK742

miket0422miket04229 months ago

Thought provoking. Mostly well written although switching the wife's name back and forth from Maddie to Mattie several times was distracting, especially from an author who doesn't normally make those kinds of mistakes.

I have to disagree with Todd's assertion at the end that there was nothing else they could have done. The obvious is that Maddie could have kept her inner slut on a leash and never put their marriage in jeopardy. But, that would negate the whole reason for the story. However, when she felt her urge for other sexual partners waning she decided not to tell Todd about her change of heart. If she speaks up the swap with James and Jane never happens. So, yes there was something else that could have been done.

Sadly this story illustrates one of the issues in our society today. Todd seems to be a great husband, father, friend, provider and sexual partner. He has morals and integrity. Once he makes a promise he keeps it. Those are all things that should be celebrated. Instead his wife and their best friends see his many positive qualities as an impediment to them getting to have the fun they want. They plot behind his back to convince him to betray who he is as a person rather than trying to emulate him and become better people themselves. That's a lot of society today. Rather than striving to better themselves a lot of people would rather try to tear good people down and bring them down to a lower level.

It might have been a very interesting twist if after Todd gave in and fucked Jane that Maddie found she didn't like or respect Todd as much because he had lowered himself. If their divorce happened not because Todd couldn't perform with Maddie anymore but, because she found she was no longer attracted to the person she had persuaded him to become.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ9 months ago

All of them are weak. Todd gave up the high ground. He should have dumped Maddie when she first pushed for swinging. He could have gone and found a better woman. Margaret should have lost her license. None of them had any real impulse control. Most marriages do not survive swinging or opening the marriage. Why be friends with those scumbags since they interfered and started them on the path to destruction. Not one decent character in this story.

ibuguseribuguser9 months ago

Well written. 5* indeed. Although at times I wasn't sure.

Overall a good story.

numbnutz49numbnutz499 months ago

The story confused me, only not in the way you might expect. The author often throws a course change in the middle of stories and, after the initial 'shock', the story takes that new path to conclusion. I think this one changed courses a few too many times. I'll still read all of this author's stories as they are posted but this one still leaves me scratching my head. Oops, I'm 'balder' today than yesterday!

MormonJackMormonJack9 months ago

That was an odd "loving wives" story. Well done, just very different.

I see a comment below that they were all weak. Probably very true. Todd, in fact, gave up the high ground. Yet he was manipulated into it by his wife and Jane, and Margaret. Selecting Margaret was setting Todd up and Margaret committed malpractice by coming onto him (and ultimately having sex with him.)

I wonder, what would I have done in Todd's shoes? After the altercation with Jamaal I think I would have called it a marriage and moved on. Had Todd done that, he might have reconnected with Maddie sooner. Ah well, "if wishes were fishes ..."

Thank you for the interesting read!!!

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19699 months ago

Only thing missing was a follow up with Margaret... who may have orchestrated this resolution.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

Little bit too many plot lines going in different directions caused me to lose interest at times. Their families, specifically their sons, were only paid passing mention while they would have weighed heavily on their decision process about swapping. Actually fucking the therapist was an unnecessary distraction and added nothing to the main plot. The "trick" she used letting him get seduced by her in the office was a relevant point. 3.7*

nestorb30nestorb309 months ago

Todd's problems where of his own making

skruff101skruff1019 months ago

Turns out Todd was more of a slut than Maddie ever was.

Ultimately a story filled with characters that had no redeeming qualities at all, but their ugliness was evenly distributed so they deserved each other.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Demander creates his usual universe of moral ambiguity and contradictions. Todd suddenly morphs from a character with strong moral and ethical standards into lust driven middle aged male with nagging insecurity about being a cuck. Grey is the only color in the landscapes demander paints. The lack of black and white...or more accurately, his inevitable blending of the two into one...grows tiresome. Monotony (not to be confused with monogamy) always does.

JensensloverJensenslover9 months ago

Is it Maddie or Mattie? Make up your fucking mind! Therapists shouldn't be fucking their patients either. 1*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

An unlovable tale about a bunch of spoiled, entitled, middle class bores with far too much time on their hands and nothing productive to fill it with.

I got that familiar sinking feeling right at the start when I saw the name 'Jamal' and surmised, correctly as it transpired that one of the central characters in this story was going to be an utterly obnoxious black man with no redeeming character traits, a fixation with seducing married white women and a penis the size of the Empire State Building.

If the author has to resort to such worn out stereotypes can he at least give the character his own identity rather than choose one from the cliche catalogue?

I got bored with all the rampant libidos and trying to keep up with who was fucking whom and so I just gave up reading.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The latest Demander dud. How sad.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This is what I come here for. It bucks the cookie cutter BTB shit show, AND remembers the erotic in literotica. 5 stars man.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Note to self: none of the characters in this author's story is likeable.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

3 stars. The story had potential. But, it dragged on and on, with way too much fluff.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I can see how that would really play out. Regardless of the fact he was getting sex on the side he sees his wife now as used or damaged goods. Even if the y split, as they did, I don't see him getting back emotionally or sexually to where they were. His attachment to her would always leave him seeing her as damaged. So sex or no sex it is there for good.

I am glad they did not remarry. I also and not certain on t he living together thing or seeing so much of each other. Being friends, sure. Being a couple? No.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer9 months ago

Thank you. A great story, well written. In fact, a "realistic" story, except for the fucking the Therapist. That was just too contrived and a reputable Therapist would never have done that. It would destroy their years of study and career. Although there are certain "Sex Therapists" but that idea wasn't promoted. Anyway, thanks again. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Me thinks that you think much too highly of therapists, counselors, or whatever the fuck the charlatans are.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Just kept getting dumber and dumber.

.

Entertaining….but dumb. Worst plot device was the slut counselor.

.

3 ***

Harryin VAHarryin VA9 months ago

AUTHOR. this maybe your best story you have ever done. First, there's a level of realism about the story. eith these married couples. The words aren't over the top ...the actions and behaviors of the married couples are not over the top.

.

But this is also interesting psychological story. On one hand Todd appears to be a hypocrite but on the other hand he's dealing with the new reality that he never thought he had to deal with. The only real problem I see with the story is that Todd is so amazingly good in bed and fucking that his wife or any woman could want to have more. In the real world that doesn't happen.

But there's only so much realism a loving wife story can have here.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x9 months ago

"Then they could move on to the mail room from there." - Why does she think that IF her husband agrees to a swap, that she could then move on to cheating?

\

"What good is it that we come here, if you...if I have no hope in this?" - So her idea of the therapy is that it's to convince Todd, not to work on their marriage.

\

Sack races are individual, it's the three-legged race where you need to be in sync with your partner.

\

After all the shit, now Todd gives in, at least to the swap?

\

"Neither am I. But I'm not sulking." - Because it's something that she's always wanted.

\

"Maddie frowned, but what could she say?" - She could say plenty! He's now cheated with Jane, if he fucks Margaret, that will be two times cheating.

\

I was thinking that now that they weren't married he might be able to fuck her.

\

I could see a new marriage working, because it would be a NEW marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Whole thing is bullshit. particularly the counselor.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

We need to trust and stay true to our own convictions. She was coming over to his side. Even if she eventually strayed and they got divorced, would it have been any worse than what happened when he agreed to a swap? He deserved every moment of pain her suffered.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I think it was a good read. I also think the husband, trying to be accommodating was his mistake. Why did he try and change his wife’s mind? Why are they even married? The wife wasn’t much different than many of theL/W”s female M/C’s. She was selfish and not what a person would think intelligence wise. Again when a writer construct and tells a story, you do have to agree on the actions but really should judge the story on what is being portrayed. This story did just that 4/5.

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove9 months ago

Here we had a great guy who through the actions and schemes of the people he loved, lost a big part of himself. I saw this as a tragedy of sorts, well written with great flow from its beginning to the bittersweet ending. Sex and lust were the victors here with love and fidelity taking the beating as they often do.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Once your partner brings up sex with another person the relationship is over. Dont try to fix it. There is no coming back from it

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not worth even a single star.

backgar12backgar129 months ago

Excellent as always D.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Interesting and well written.

As a small note, someone stylishly dressed would be “very sheik. A “sheik” is a leader in Arab cultures. Perhaps you were betrayed by auto-correct.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Stingers, snappers have a Hugh divorce rate.

Good story

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I think the therapist, aside from keeping her dress shut, should have suggested separation, then the couple try to work back through dating, when they were ready. I wouldn't feel bad if he had dumped her, though. It was obvious she was going to cheat.

Todd should have lived or died by his feelings and morals. The swap was the worst thing he could've done.

Doesn't mean the story isn't any good or the author's parents are barnyard animals or there is incest involved. Lighten up, commenters.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Average. Three stars.

JPB

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol9 months ago

I appreciated the complexities, and how you played the uncertainties. This was not a straight-course story. The characters had shifting opinions, and feelings. Well done!

-

Be well!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Margaret pretty much summed it up in her description of her marriage. Her husband and she were just fwb. No real closeness or intimacy since they opened up the marriage. How could there be when you let all these other people get in the mix. I wonder what the true ratio of divorce in open marriages is.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The moral of the story? Divorce the bitch when she wants strange cock.

I cant figure out this writer's style. Its so inconsistent, like theres more than 1 writer this profile.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Tale rates negative stars. Unfortunately the aren't any available. So will have to settle to write that this tale stank to high heavens. Demander USE to be a good author..now not so much.

muskyboymuskyboy9 months ago

Add some tags. No likeable characters, just another sad story.

deependerdeepender9 months ago

It got tedious in the middle. Then it flopped around until it stopped moving.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

God, what a bunch of weak, shallow individuals. No wonder the world is going to hell with people like this bunch in it.

Schwanze1Schwanze19 months ago

Long and winding road

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not my cup of tea. Too much swapping ending a marriage. Drifting apart then back to each other. Wacky do.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Your best story yet! The role-playing was novel, although I think only Todd and perhaps Kris Kristofferson were ever attracted to Janis, whose tonsorial habits were atrocious (Disclaimer: I knew her in Austin in '65 before I was drafted, and she still had a decent voice). The best part of this story was your staying in the center of the road. What has ruined LW is that too many writers cater to the BTB crowd, so everything is in excess. All the male characters are perfect, and all the females are harridans, harpies, and broomless witches. Motivation is always mysterious, and there is no anger, only pure rage. This story was about people that were flawed, afraid, puzzled, and fighting against the unknown. Loved it!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It was just so anticlimatic. They screw around, Todd seems lost and undecided, they divorce and then they get back together as an unmarried couple. To what point? And was there a point to the story? It wasn't an emotional upheaval. Just too cut and dry for my tastes.

justbobkcjustbobkc9 months ago

Very good. 5 stars from me.

Human sexuality is a complex thing. We all have free will. The trick is always making wise use of it. Almost no one does, each and every time.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeff9 months ago

Loving Wives, or Group Sex? I'm not entirely sure. 4*, would have been 5* if Todd wasn't so damn unlikeable.

Pinto931Pinto9319 months ago

Well written story about a bunch of screwed up people, even the councillor.

SithLord6969SithLord69699 months ago

Sorry but your last 5 or so stories have been awful. Dropping you from my fave authors.

SithLord6969SithLord69699 months ago

1 star for this. Dropping you as a fave author.

TechumsahTechumsah9 months ago

Pretty realistic to a point I can't tell you the number of exes I know still being fwb because it was opposite of this tale as the sex was the only good thing they had. Well written and entertaining.

MattblackUKMattblackUK9 months ago

An interesting story about loving wives, their loving husbands, their swinging and that arsehole Jamal, too. 5*

ChopinesqueChopinesque9 months ago

Flawed characters, but not worse than many people. But none of them stands above the others. I don't find myself liking any of them, or see any of them as a stalwart friend. They might talk a good game, like Todd, but each just finally goes with the flow. A character who was human, but finally stood against the current would be memorable!

remb95remb959 months ago

Started off great but it just seemed yo coast to the ending that seemed luke warm at best.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat9 months ago

Todd should have left and not looked back when swapping was first brought up. At the very least he should have insisted on terminating any relationships with James and Jane. Just not my taste. 2*

jazzharpjazzharp9 months ago

One of your best. Well written. I don't need to like what they did; but it seemed like something that could happen in real life. Yes, reconciliation was a good realistic ending. I needed to send you a thank you to compensate for all the stupid comments I just read.

Busman19639Busman196399 months ago

A nice well written story. Can’t say as I agree with what direction they took but still a good story.

MasterKoteMasterKote9 months ago

Started good but went downhill after the swap and especially the ending where they got back together. He should've found someone else

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed9 months ago

This was hard to stay with after the incident at the softball game. Todd has his suspicions running high, he goads Jamal into a fight with 12 people from a law office involved, and somehow nothing else happens to Jamal. Granted he has Jane trying to cover for him, but Jamal doesn’t come across as the type male lawyers are going to cover for. Todd somehow manages to totally loose his value system in spite of (or because of) an unethical therapist who has no consequences for her actions (including telling his wife they should divorce). If that’s not enough, at the last law office outing, Todd shakes hands with Jamal ( whose wife is still smirking at Todd and his wife). Further, he acts like everything is normal when at divorced time he pretty much hates James. He reader has to stretch their credibility too much. Everyone has an opinion: mine is that this is at best a 3 or 4, mostly because of how convoluted the story becomes.

Nasty56Nasty569 months ago

Damn good story, there is a lot of truth in the kind of reaction the MC suffered. It’s not religious more prehistorical. I enjoyed the delivery, well done!

Just_WordsJust_Words9 months ago

Sometimes a spouse will betray their own values searching for a way forward, but it seldom ends well. You have to know yourself. That's what I take away from this story.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker9 months ago

THE ABSOLUTELY STUPIDEST STORY I HAVE EVER READ ON LITEROICA. Why did I waste my time? The Bear is sick. No more of this shit, pleas.

The BEAR

Gram1Gram19 months ago

I concur in part with both The Bear and Tx77Tumbleweed. There wasn't a sympathetic/likeable/not morally ambiguous character in the lot. I do admit that after he didn't leave or divorce her a** after the softball game, I just skimmed to the end.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion9 months ago

I liked it, never could understand swapping, swinging, hall passes. Recipe for disaster. I gave it 4-stars for a somewhat happy ending. I do admit I thought the problem with his inability to get hard was because he was depressed and mourning for the loss of his marriage. Once he came to terms with it then he could learn that that part of their lives was gone but FWB could be just as rewarding and satisfying. Sometimes when you are too close to the problem you can't see the solution.

Wavedave45Wavedave459 months ago

I read this imagining the main characters were Lucy and Ricky Ricardo.

Rocky62Rocky629 months ago

Todd is a bit of a dipstick, make up the mind fictitious man

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A meandering mess. How could you cram 2 pages of story into 4 pages?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

No means no. Maddie deserved a humiliating divorce; what Jane and James deserved cannot be published under Literotica's Comments Policy.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave..."

The writing was superb, the storyline plausible, the outcome? Well, I suppose "older and wiser" might apply.

Well done, and thanks. More please.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The things we do for love...sigh....

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I’m left feeling like a cop doing crowd control at the scene of a nasty accident, “Move along folks, nothing to see here.” Nothing to see and no characters to like. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It was well told, but it is close to what I envision would happen if my wife and I decided to try an open relationship.

I just can't imagine that I would ever be able to NOT see her having sex with another man in my mind, or that I wouldn't be eaten alive by guilt if I had sex with another woman !

Yes, I know the little head can overrule the big head, but that's only a temporary thing... once the blood flow gets corrected, I truly believe that I would have a tough time looking at myself in the mirror every day.

I also think it would be very difficult for either of us to just have a physical relationship with a other person.

Maybe I'm wrong and she would be able to do that, but after being together for over 25 years I just don't think so.

But I did give this story 5 out of 5 for being a good story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I enjoyed the story, but didn’t like it. Todd was taken advantage of by a wife and friends who decided they didn’t want to be his friends anymore. They decided to change his personality and marriage standards. Shame on them.

26thNC26thNC9 months ago

Another in a string of sub par efforts, and you just had to add LW’s ultimate stereotypical big black clown Jamal to the story. I’ve enjoyed some of your work, but this one is a no.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This doesn't make that much sense to people who don't have a good understanding of the mentally ill who have sexual disorders. Movie fans might be familiar with Blade Runner's baseline test, where Harrison Ford was meant to test whether someone was an android or not, based on their perceptible emotional response to an animal getting injured. In the same way you can tell when someone has this sort of a mental illness, when they don't really see any issue with someone wanting to have sex with someone they have really no particular interest in, who they dislike, when that person is responsible for much misery in their life. Why wouldn't they be up for sex, no matter what?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

There's nobody here who is remotely likeable. Peyton Place needs an asteroid in the worst way...

Pappy7Pappy79 months ago

Hard to read at times, not so much the writing as the indecision on Todd's part. When she absolutely wouldn't shut up about getting to fuck other men and then when she wanted role playing, another name for I can't stand your boring ass, he should have known that she was a lost cause. The first one she wanted was black? Really? Not doing much to hide the fact that the BBC was on her mind. Then after the out of this world experience with James it was just the BC, any color that did it for her. He can do a lot of things but he can't make himself black, or bigger or whatever it was she wanted that he didn't have.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon9 months ago

All I can say is you have a very boring, monotonous and mechanical style that bores me to tears.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

While I disliked the arch the story took I see most of it as very believable and relatable, it was well written as usual

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

1. You don't understand lawyers, let alone big firms. Lawyers tend to be insecure and very status conscious. Women lawyers rise in part because of DEI and that creates an extra element of insecurity. NO woman lawyer is going to bang some guy from the mail room. It would not only hurt her ego, but she also would know that if it were discovered she would be a laughingstock and would never be taken seriously. This isn't speculation. My csreer has been working for and with huge law firms. And, "Jamal"? Why is that hoary lw cliche worked into this?

2. The counselor bit is ridiculous. As written, she's doing things that would lose her license. While you acknowledge that, IRL, the chance of a woman counselor acting so blatantly is essentially nil. It's much too far over the top.

3. What's with the role playing? It makes the characters seem like they are both about 6 years old and kind of stupid. It's the kind of thing Mel Brooks would write as comedy.

4. The MCs loss of character was relatively abrupt and unmotivated, as was the reconciliation. It was as if you reached a point and wanted the characters to do something and wrote them as doing it without regard to plausibility...no more convincing than authors who resort to the slut ray.

This was below your usual standard.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"Todd never...figured out why he couldn't...get over his...inability to connect with his own wife. He decided...he had a deep-seated resentment of her for forcing the swap. Basically...making it...clear that she wanted other guys, no matter what Todd did." - Yeah this is a real deal killer for most guys. Who really wants a wife who feels she has a 'need' to be filled, but only by some other man's meat pole.

kirei8kirei89 months ago

Let's just do away with marraige, right, it gets in the way of fucking.

FordF150guyFordF150guy9 months ago

Todd’s standards fall by the wayside so does the story. 2**. Have some stones to stand up for what you believe.

WargamerWargamer9 months ago

Depressing tale, what a bunch of lacklustre losers, all of the characters. What soulless people!!

They all fucked up. The biggest villain is Jane, what a c**t!!!

She has fucked up her own marriage and her friends as well with her hyper sexual behaviour. She desperately needs a shrink.

Speaking of shrinks that Margaret needs to lose her licence asap. She is a danger to her patients.

She also needs a solid divorce where her partner takes her to the cleaners to wake her up.

Who needs enemies with friends like that bitch.

As to Maddie, she just needs to be taken out the back and put down. For a lawyer she was too stupid and dumb to be nothing else but a parody.

Story scores 3/5, just!!!!

vanyevanye9 months ago

Is it Maddie or Mattie?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

You are a good writer so this is a good read, but there are some problems particularly in the characters. Todd’s hypocrisy and self-righteous immaturity are never really challenged by Maddie. The therapist is totally off. Her ethical violations are too numerous to count. And Maddie is a self-indulgent twit, incapable of experiencing any guilt, which leaves her emotionally bankrupt.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous