All Comments on 'Somebody That I Used to Know'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 221 Comments (Page 2)
timrivtimrivover 1 year ago

Same old same old, always the same. Gets boring. Hubby always get the hot new younger chick wif ends up alone regretting what she did. You would think authors on this thread could be more inventive.

game2dongame2donover 1 year ago

You are awesome! Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good. Four stars.

The revenge taken was somewhat vague, but acceptably so. Talk of crushing balls damn funny.

Lost points with the decision to access the client network to carry out the revenge. That is not something a smart, ethical, independent businessman like Julian would do. Easier and probably more effective revenge to use technology in the personal lives of the target men.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You're a darn good writer. Nice story line. All those who deserved to get their lives crippled apparently did and the ex-lost her soulmate which was adequate considering her only fault was her inability to resist sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a fun read. Thanks.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Flawless. 5*

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 1 year ago

Thanks for another of your wonderful erotic tales. As always, they are uplifting and fun to read. If you keep writing, we will keep reading for sure.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

The Queen of LW throws down another great one! Love your simple style, everything right up front for the readers to absorb. Nice even flow, even when interlacing different plot lines; well done! 5*

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

WHAT? Is that THE ohio reappearing? Get him writing again Randi! LOL

ZoomdoggieZoomdoggieover 1 year ago

I love Tana, too. Can I have her address?

BrentJWBrentJWover 1 year ago

Hard to believe that Julian could be married to Argent that long and have no clue that she is a slut pulling trains at work. IT experts are intelligent and inquisitive people, no way he misses that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful, like all of your stories

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerover 1 year ago

Another superb 5 star story from the master.

Thanks

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69over 1 year ago

I kinda wish they all three got together and has a sort of Polyamory,

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

First time reading one of your stories. Boy-oh-boy, have I got some catching up to do!

Five stars deserved!

taco1085taco1085over 1 year ago

I really liked this story, flow was good and the plot was good, I wish he would have gotten the boss that she was grinding on in huge trouble. Maybe expanded more on what he did and could do to them. but very well written.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

Another 5* Loving Wives Romance from Randi. Tana sounds like a good person.

Opinionated1Opinionated1over 1 year ago

nice story ..but ending a bit underdeveloped..revenge and encounter with Argent..

RRC2RRC2over 1 year ago

A lot of fun. Great read.

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

End was kind of abrupt. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 1 year ago

Pretty good. The outline of wife cheats, man is lost, finds younger, hotter girl, wife pines after hubby, etc etc but it's damn well done, great dialogue. You like cars too, that's extra credit.

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I don’t know how you do it. Your stories are always better than just good. I have trouble with stories over a couple of pages (2-3) keeping me interested. With that being said, you are one of the authors I almost always enjoy reading. This was just another ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ read.

It was an interesting ending with the to be ex and the current live-in meeting. The way you wrote the trip and the journey through Julian’s coping with finding out was pretty cool. But my favorite was how he found out. Having been in IT from the middle 70’s, I have seen many people being caught red handed by a network scan. They usually forgot this or that was stored somewhere it should not have been.

I laughed inside when Julian was taking his car and driving across Florida from St Augustine to Mobile/New Orleans. I've made that I-10 route a few times.

Traveling to from El Centro to San Diego then LA and camping were all great additions. The best part of the journey for me was the picking almonds. It was an awesome move in the story. Anyone who has ever been around or worked with migrant workers loves the family feelings and dinners together after a long hard day. You captured all of it.

Those are the things that made the story great for me.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I had to go with 5 stars. You have a talent.

I realize we all build things in our heads and this is fiction, but I'd love to see a pic of Tana. She sounds.... borderline perfect.

Thanks.

yhgtbkyhgtbkover 1 year ago

Thank you for a great story.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

The Arduino allusion... Nice. You do enough research and place just the right content in juuuust the right places that it lifts the realism of your work above the norm. Same thing with brand names, marquis products and so forth. Goldilocks. Juuuuust right. Mixed together, it all flows so well.

.

Haha! A Chuukese going to Sea World is like a workin' cowboy off the King Ranch going to a petting zoo!

.

The ending felt like one of those car crashes in a hilly city with icy streets. Slow careening into parked cars. The conversation between Tana and Argent felt like they already knew each other. Argent's reference to things happening at work... so, did he post the other two videos and leave out the one with Argent and the Triumvirate? The balance of the story was damn near perfect. Love the plot and the way you made all the interaction take place in an interesting place-- the epitome of a interesting writing! 5+++/5.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Well, Argent was delusional til the end.

Entertaining story. Definitely feel like it belongs more in Romance than LW. Yes, there was a cheating wife but, that was really just the vehicle to set up meeting Tana.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

2 years and she had to ask him. But a uncontested divorce moves quickly. About 6 weeks. Then he can pop the question Tana. Left out was children and does she and he live happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another triumph my dear another triumph

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

Yes its always pretty much same ole same ole sometimes with a diferent twist. But thats what these stories r always about. So we read to see what kind of a different twist the authors come up with. As usual nice story enjoyed it n appreciated ur hard work. Thanks looking fwd to ur next 1.

dikupinyadikupinyaover 1 year ago
excellent!

great story keep up the good work.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyover 1 year ago

That was very Kerouac...very "on the road" and I loved it, fell in love with Tana just like he did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thought Julian and Tana were good together but after she met Argent, I’m not so sure. Her bi side came out of nowhere. Not feeling so good about his security now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A well-done story, well written and presented, also clearly creative. There were also holes, where did the wife run off to? What happened to the wife's lovers? Was the office involved? Just how long was Julian traveling? I did enjoy the story though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I come from Palau. Nice to see a shout out for the islands.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The comments are almost as fun to read as the story. Timriv apparently misses the irony of complaining about the lack of originality in Randi’s story with his typical comment. One day he’ll show us all how it’s done by writing a truly original LW story. Harry in VA (the resident curmudgeon) makes positive comments…what’s up with that? Whackdoodle’s insane diatribe disappears, depriving readers of some comic relief. And then there’s Ohio! Writing is difficult work, but surely someone with Ohio’s talent could bless us with the occasional story. Fortunately, as I age, my memory declines, so I can go back and re-read Ohio’s oeuvre. That said, a new story from Ohio would perk me up almost as much as a new story from Randi, LPN, Mattblack, Laptop Writer, etc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pretty dry. Very little Loving Wife anymore of the usual guy finding young hot woman to marry. Even his discovery was pretty dry and boring. Not much of a reaction as written other than the usual run away and call a family member.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"...so here I am, back on my bullshit."

And here I am, reading it and loving it, just like I do with everything else you write here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you for the entertaining story. It was tilted more to the travels, love story than to the cheating wife so as an inveterate BTBer I didn’t get all the feels I would have liked but that’s just me.

A few minor and major complaints:

You took them right from LA to SF. I get the why of that but you skipped my favorite part of California, Big Sur, Monterrey, Santa Cruz. I would have loved to have seen what you did with those places.

I was horrified that you had them use soap in a natural body of water. Things like soap, shampoo, toothpaste are horrendous ecologically in places like that.

You romanticized itinerant farm labor. That’s irresponsible; it’s backbreaking body destroying work. Also, there’s nfw newbies get anywhere near operating heavy equipment like tree shakers or tractors.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 1 year ago

Cool entertaining story as always from whoever writes as BR 😉, thank you.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

HDK

After all this time my friend how little you understand me and understand how I act and think. Not that I am worth spending that much time thinking about but after more than 10 years I would think you would have a clue at some point. There have been MANY great stories which I have given great reviews and some of them have been your stories as well. I guess I am a little disappointed because I have always thought you were sharper than most of the people here and if your perception is that the only thing I ever do is Bash stories and authors then I guess other people have that perception as well despite the fact that I have written some really great powerful reviews.

,

After all this time you should know by now that I don't troll. I don't intentionally throw bombs into the reader feedback just to cause chaos and angst. serious stories deserve series review and consideration and shity stories don't.

.

Case in point the latest BS from Cagivagurl.

.

She is s an exceptionally talented writer but let's face it She has a sexual deviancy that prevents her from understanding how normal hetro men operate when they are in love or when they were married or put under pressure.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

OMG you scared me so much on the last page that you would do the whole "oh we'll add the ex as a third" that seems way too popular on LW. Soooooo glad you didn't go there! Great "living well as revenge" story!

I'm a bit ambivalent on why he didn't do any revenge on her. I guess I can see the reason, but I don't think it's karmically good that she hurt him so bad but in return didn't get hurt too much (OK, she lost him, but it's not really a big deal to her, despite what she claims).

My biggest complaint about the story is, can those two really be a long term couple? He's a consummate planner, and her turn from "free child roaming anywhee with no plan" to "OK I'll marry you" seems so out of character. I get that she's in luuuurve, but will that love actually survive the drudgery of running a household, taking care of kids, chores and bills? I guess Rand didn't really sell me that she can handle it, fully - I guess since she managed to get a BS and graduate degree in nursing, she has a serious gritty side as well by implication, it just isn't seen in the scope of the story.

Regardless, 5 stars for a good read, nitpicking aside :)

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

@anonymous - there's nothing wrong with her having a bi side. It's only wrong if she acts on it behind his back or against his wishes. Otherwise, it's LITERALLY the same as her being straight - yes, she's attracted to people other than him (be they male or female). She just CHOOSES to not act on that attraction, which is what differentiates her from the ex. It's not like she's a 5 on kinsey scale and can't live without f/f sex.

davezqdavezqover 1 year ago

good characterizations, plot pretty believable, uncertain that a hottie like Tana would fall for Julian. But maybe things are different in Micronesia.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a delight story. In the end everyone wins. 5*.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 1 year ago

Harry, our decades long acquaintance should be enough for you to know I was just busting your balls. You are, beyond any doubt, the best known commenter on Lit, as well as second only to me in humility.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Great story, lovely romance. People cannot help who they are. But saying that, it’s easy to see that Argent will never have anyone special. As soon as her man finds out about her proclivities it will always be over.

Women are able to compartmentalise love and sex, but men almost never. Men don’t normally share their women. They just don’t.

So wherever Argent goes she will be on a loser. And, yes l know it’s unfair, but age pays a part here as well. As life catches up with Argent, she will find herself alone more often than not, and then alone for ever. She will never outrun her reputation.

Sad but true.

An excellent story, something l always get from this author.

Scores 5/5

sferguson53sferguson53over 1 year ago

One darling story!

Ricco52Ricco52over 1 year ago

Thanks you for taking the time to write your stories and having the courage to share them, considering how brutal some people can be in their comments.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 1 year ago

Great characters in a great story. Nice guys don't always finish last.

Hooked

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars and no comment

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedover 1 year ago

This was a terrific story. Please do a part 2, maybe with complications from a former boyfriend when they go on the trip to her home.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant

stev2244stev2244over 1 year ago

Great LW/romance hybrid story. That is a story type that can work very well, like in this case.

edwusaedwusaover 1 year ago

Fun and a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Clever and peculiar how life happens. LP

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 1 year ago

Excellent as usual. A good LW needs some amount of romance, or it’s just pain and nastiness.

Kudos on car choices. When I was in grade school, dad drove a 1970 Spitfire, his 2nd new car. Try putting 3 kids aged 8-10 in the space behind the seats. We used to zip down the rear window and sit on the rear deck ledge with the wind in our faces. Fun times!

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

A tough category to post this in. BTB adherents won't be happy but I liked it as it's really a sweet romance about a guy picking up the pieces after betrayal and with the help of a woman who becomes his new love. Perhaps the revenge on the men could gave come earlier and with more detail. Possibly more could have been made about Argent and how her "career" was progressing or not.

Overall, a good BR story 5⛤

TruthwithaTwistTruthwithaTwistover 1 year ago

Wow. I think a lot of comments are being overly harsh. I thought this was a fun, sexy story with some interesting characters. Also, you did a nice job of setting up future chapters. I gave 5 stars.

ibuguseribuguserover 1 year ago

I think it was well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent slice of life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think this was a fun read, it was kind of a nice middle ground, BTB can be nice, but too much fire and brimstone and heartless people can be.. draining, at the same time too much forgiveness can feel forced and flat.

This was a nice middle ground, some playful off screen fire and brimstone, no random advice out of nowhere to forgive, and the bulk of the story focused on a fun, sexy romance.

Well done.

UncleGrahamUncleGrahamover 1 year ago

Five and a Fave from me. Brilliant!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sweet. And thank you so much for shotting down the threesome.

bobareenobobareenoover 1 year ago

A sweet story well told. 5 stars.

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

God this author is so annoying. I keep reading her stories hoping to give one less than 5* and i can't find one. This is yet another one that gives you a lovely warm feeling. She makes Julian and Tana the two loveliest people on the planet. I am bi and sure as hell i would love to have a threesome with them. Argent may have been a sex mad fool, but she was a good judge wanting to form a relationship with them. I suppose i will have to look for another one of her stories to criticize, surely there must be one.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

Another wonderful story well written, it seems you could have added another couple of chapters with some intrigue and action with the wedding trip back to Micronesia. Just saying, I know “if you wanted to expand you would have” I do love your work.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Nice little love story. Some women can't seem to igure it out. I'm 80 and and still workin on it. I was married a short time (13 years and two kids) She up and moves out says she wants to 'look' around and see whats out there but canshe come back if it doesn't work out??? Duh! She tore my heart out and broke our family. I lucked out found a good woman she had 4 kids remarried last 40 years. Looks like our MC might do the same. Good writing. Would like to have hear/seen what happened to the assholes and can't believe his ex wanting a threesome..............

JohnSmith19E31JohnSmith19E31over 1 year ago

I just may be a convert from stricly BTB stories, this was was great. Thanks for writing this

John

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 1 year ago

This was fantastic! I loved the premise and the whole shebang. Well done.

I hope the others in the December 'event' are as good as this one! OMG.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 1 year ago

@Helen1899: That's funny ... "God this author is so annoying. I keep reading her stories hoping to give one less than 5* and i can't find one."

TeggeTeggeover 1 year ago

When a Man Loves a Woman...it fly's! :)

The_Winter_WitchThe_Winter_Witchover 1 year ago

Brilliant story, love the couple. Argent is an idiot, not evil just an idiot

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm a little pissed off, because my innocuous remarks about the recent Hooked didn't get posted. Hope you'll make sure these get posted, Randi. What can I say? The usual Randi 5 from QuickMagazine, and contrary to a few commentators, I think romantic LW works just fine and dandy. Who needs to burn Argent when you got Tana? Julian kept his eye on the ball, and rolled his six. That's a Stev2244 reference, and his comment below about LW/Romance hybrids sure is apt, since I find him to be the master of them. Also, was amused by the back and forth between HDK and HIVA. I myself would place LPN above HIVA as commentator, but then QuickMagazine errs on the side of generosity, too. Meanwhile, nice working in of the song title at the end. Not the way I expected she would. Sign of the master she is. And that December song theme could lead to some brutally intense stories, if they pivot off the classic song.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 1 year ago

Very nice, well written and I was entertained! All boxes checked- 5 stars!

I guess from glancing at comments before mine they might be entertaining to read. I mean 176 comments that is definitely quite a few and some back a forth! I assume it was about LW/Romance hybrid. I really don’t see issue. If any writer want to submit into the LW grinder go for it! Now I will have to favorite this story. For the story and for the comments. Win win for me! Likely read again - can’t give any higher marks then that for a story.

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 1 year ago

Very entertaining story. 5 stars. Writing flowed smoothly. Characters came alive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Argent looked at her for a long moment. "I still love him."

"Yes, I know. I can see it. You just love yourself more," Tana said.

====good summary analysis of serial cheaters

RubiconXRubiconXover 1 year ago

A great story, well-written. Adults behaving as adults. No juvenile histrionics or stupid, pointless games. Conversation the way people really speak. Even correct grammar and spelling! Randl is a master and this story is a smooth, brilliant illustration of his mature skill. Thanks for a great read!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

good story, thanks. different that the religious nut was Jewish instead of something else

GreWulfGreWulfover 1 year ago

One of my favorite songs.Love Kimbra's input on vocals.

juanviejojuanviejoover 1 year ago

Randi, I always love your stories...CINCO ESTRELLAS!

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
As

As he shagged the arse off Tana,how come she isn't pregnant?.

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69over 1 year ago

What a wonderful, erotic, fascinating story. I totally enjoyed it. Just kind of wished it would have worked with the three of them forming a polyamorous relationship. Ah, but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t have worked.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 1 year ago

Enjoyed it. There were a few lines in his phone call with Argent that were very well worded. The ending was not quite what I expected. Great writing as always. You are very good with dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hi Randi

I loved Tana; who would not? I especially liked the moment when Argent realized all of a sudden that there was a revenge for her "abductors". I suspect that it messed up her brains for a while and shook her soul.

5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I loved this one. One of the most delightful characters I've ever read. I know this is the end of the story, but I'm suffering withdrawal from both of them... I'll just have to read it again for the fourth time. Thank you Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If this story is any indication of your December event. I can't wait. Your works truly come to life. Thank you for sharing.

G

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Every now and the you really do write good shit (jaybee186)

Schlouis57Schlouis57over 1 year ago

5* mais, la réflexion de Tana:" Je suis attirée par Julian et personne d'autre, pour le moment..." me choque un peu.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Would have been simpler to just report the truth to the client immediately. Everyone involved would have been terminated, and then he could move on.

MasterKoteMasterKoteover 1 year ago

Good story, but this should've been under the Sci-fi/fantasy section instead for the simple fact that the Dodge Viper wouldn't of lasted that long on a cross country trek he made. That is so ridiculosity absurd....

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As usual, 27 stars! Keep the good stuff coming!

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

good story, more of romance than cheating but it did have both and still earns 5 stars

jesemmojesemmoabout 1 year ago

I'm sorry the story ended.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

“”How long will you be thinking, do you think?”.

Wow, what a profound question! I love it.

An absolutely great story, Randi, thanks so much for sharing, it certainly merits Five Stars.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Argent: "I still love him."

"Yes, I know. I can see it. You just love yourself more," Tana said.

====> pretty much summarizes Argent's character...

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Good story, great writing. I liked most of characters (ex-wife not so much). I enjoy a recovery story where a broken person can find happiness. Nicely done, Randi.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

GREAT story! 5+

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The end was a bit abrupt, and I was actually checking whether I had somehow missed a page, but otherwise very nicely done. Thanks, Randi!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

SIMILAR Stories