All Comments on 'Somebody That I Used to Know'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 218 Comments
CagivagurlCagivagurlover 1 year ago

Fabulous story... Beautifully crafted, amazing characters...

5 stars...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Impressive. Someone who knows how to write and tell a story. Five stars.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

Outstanding. Very interesting plot great dialog fantastic characters. Overall top notch writing and most enjoyable.

VickiT375VickiT375over 1 year ago

As usual so beautiful. You inspired me to write here and I love when I find new stories from you. Thank you.

servant111servant111over 1 year ago

Simply Outstanding… as usual.

5 stars

froggytreefroggytreeover 1 year ago

Good story. He did move pretty slowly on the divorce though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story well told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done, as usual. Don't stay away for so long.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

One of your best stories! I thought Tana was a great character.

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Full of adventure and the finding of a true understanding person.

Diecast1Diecast1over 1 year ago

Great story , loved it. AAAAAA++++++

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

another great! thank you for some amazing stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

great one of the best writers maybe the best ,keep going as you are xx

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love all your stories. I wish that I could write as well as you. Lol .

My stories are too terse and direct and not fleshed out enough to make a good read but I do admire a good story teller like you and your mentor. Thank you. rootforbama@yahoo.com

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 1 year ago

I enjoyed it. You are a treasure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
What a great story. I loved it.

Keep writing!!!

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

As usual another one hits the mark, your batting average is higher than most of the authors here, as an aside perhaps one day you could write a little companion piece detailing the meaning of some of your more enigmatic phrases (this oldie struggles with some of the modern vernacular) lol (finally worked out what that one means).

Thinking I might re-read some of your back catalog and try to work out some more strange words lol (see I’m getting the hang of this lingo now).

Looking forward to your next.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeftover 1 year ago

Excellent - 5 stars. Loved the characters, and would like to hear more about their further adventures — especially if they are set in Micronesia. I had the good fortune years ago to spend a total of one month on Chuuk, Pohnpei, Kosrae and Majuro during two work trips to the islands. Lovely people and dazzling snorkeling and diving. There is a very interesting arrangement between the governments of Micronesia and the Marshall Islands and the U.S. In exchange for using the islands for airfields for U.S. planes, their governments get financial reimbursement and U.S. zip codes. Strange to fly for 12 hours west of Honolulu, hopping island to island and then see a U.S. post office. :)

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Loved it! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 1 year ago

That was extremely well done. The best revenge is a life well lived and that happened in spades here.

Sunshineman2019Sunshineman2019over 1 year ago

Great story, I really enjoy a well written adventure in literature.

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

The sad thing is that there aren't too may Tana's in the world. The good thing is that there aren't all that many Argents either. Great story. D

tangledweedtangledweedover 1 year ago

It was nice to read a story of significant length (over 15K words) that didn't have me skimming ahead in a search for something interesting. Thank you blackRandl1958.

EasyReader44EasyReader44over 1 year ago

Never read a bad write from you. Amazing.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 1 year ago

Thank you Randy for another of your wonderful stories. You always put a smile on my face.

cordialddcordialddover 1 year ago

You always write well. Tuna is s fun character. Kind of a mindless mosey through the rest of the story, enjoyable but no real mountain to climb. Thank you for sharing.9

Meisterberger1Meisterberger1over 1 year ago

Truly enjoyable story. Not surprised, you never disappoint.

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasover 1 year ago

Your talent for dialogue is beyond good. Absolutely stunning. So well written.

RePhilRePhilover 1 year ago

Merci mil fois!! Great read as usual

PowersworderPowersworderover 1 year ago

That was a really engaging story.

I always like it when the betrayed husband picks himself up and moves on to a better life. Tana was very likeable and it was fun seeing their relationship develop.

-

My only criticism, is that Julian wasn't honest with Argent in their final meeting. A guy like that, who believes in being faithful and that a married couple belong to each other, would look at his wife very differently after finding out about her infidelity.

Argent was a whore. She freely admitted that she fucked her bosses to advance her career and for financial gain. Also, faithful guys view that kind of debauched promiscuity in their woman with absolute contempt and disgust. Nothing would destroy any residual love faster than finding out his wife was a gangbanging super slut, let alone the huge risk of STDs she exposed him to.

It's a shame that Julian didn't tell the vile skank what he really thought if her. After what Argent did to him, she deserved some emotional damage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good narrative writing, and a familiar, comfortable story arc for the genre.

The scene where she shoves a taser in his face, for no reason, was disappointing. Weapons aren't toys and I hate when they're being treated as such in these stories.

Cito22Cito22over 1 year ago

It was a 5 star story until the final unneeded conversation with the wife pawning to "get a piece" of her ex and his new girl. Now it's just a 4

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If Whackdoodle hates it, you know it’s a solid 5 star. Sometimes you do meet someone and fall in love straight away and sometimes, if you get the chance it’s good to duck things up for lying, treacherous pieces of shit.

Relationships are odd and if you want a open relationship or some sick cuck affair fine but it’s got to be a open discussion between both parties. If one’s lying and deceiving the other it’s no real relationship.

Solid story

bioman57bioman57over 1 year ago

Very well done. Thank you for sharing it..

Cringo31Cringo31over 1 year ago

A fantastic story with some very interesting characters. Loved that they were so free and willing to just make each day better. A fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I was going to give it a 5 but felt there was more story there - it ended rather aruptly. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Enjoyed the different route of the plot; yeah, it was similar as all trope paths are, but different. Except that the wronged guy had plenty of money--enough to take a whole lotta time off to recoup emotionally. Loved Tana--most men would feel incredibly lucky to have a woman like that, with that kind of vivacious and adventurous spirit...and unbridled sexuality.

Well done as usual. Kudos and more please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Argent is a self-absorbed narsisist who loves herself above all else. How she could delude herself into thinking she actually loved Julian is interesting. To the very end, her definition of love was her feeling safe and secure with Julian while she fucked anybody she wanted. Confused he wouldn't accept that showed the depth of her complete lack of connection with reality. Tana slipped in a little too easily, but liked her character. Julian's sister was a nice touch. Not sure why you wasted several paragraphs brining religion into your story. It didn't fit. Otherwise, nicely done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you for a wonderful story. Quality tomes are few and far between here now.

Looking forward to your next advent!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 1 year ago

In this LE category there's always the defense of "Love is love. Sex is sex. They're 2 separate things. " as an excuse for betrayal, dishonesty, cruelty, deception, rug sweeping, and outrageously selfish behavior. Then the inevitable shock and lack of understanding by the cheater when the betrayed shows their not going to tolerate it.

Anyway. I gave this 4 stars. Liked it but I world have like more from the point of view of Argent (did you make that name up? )

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteover 1 year ago

Nice romance story. It wasn’t focused on the cheating wife part of the plot at all, which was fine. I’m glad you didn’t use ridiculous BTB clichés.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 1 year ago

Great job. I really loved the two main characters. Thanks for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I want a Tana for myself!! Good story Blackrandi1958

nestorb30nestorb30over 1 year ago

Cute story

Thanks for writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. Clueless critics.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love Tana

JRandyJJRandyJover 1 year ago

Where have you been? this was a very good read. Thanks! Randy (with a Y)

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51over 1 year ago

I just love everything you write, Island goddess. 5 stars for me and Julian.

Smiffy69Smiffy69over 1 year ago

Great LW story. Thanks

Sloburn38Sloburn38over 1 year ago

You always have a good yarn to tell, and you tell it with great style.

Thanks 5*

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 1 year ago

I am still trying to determine who stole Harry's ID and made such a nice comment. I am concerned about his mental and physical health now. Get well soon, Harry.

I always enjoy Randi's stories. The good guys are very good and the bad guys are just rotten. This was a cheating wife/romance story and very well done. I enjoyed it a lot.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 1 year ago

Damn, there's something wrong with me. LOL. Great story BUT all I could think of at the beginning was "Why is Julian such an absolute moron? A complete idiot. His slut wife cheats and his equally idiotic sister, who is an attorney, does NOT prompt him to protect his financial situation by discussing it with professionals. He is MARRIED. She could drain their accounts and run up ten's of thousands in marital debt, unless he sorts out his financial position. Plus, he owns his own business. Or, I should say, THEY own his business! Marital property. He's meant to be intelligent but spends at least 3 years away from his wife and does nothing about getting a divorce. Grrrrr. Idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well developed story and characters. Loved traveling the occasional twists and turns your story took us. Thank you for sharing.

Doc_SportelloDoc_Sportelloover 1 year ago

Vividly realized characters, enjoyable story.

.

Intriguing links between the 3 females: Marcie, bisexual "slut" with no intention of becoming monogamous; Argent, bisexual "slut" trying to eat her cake and have it too by deceiving her husband, and Tana, bisexual "slut" committing herself to monogamy.

.

Can't help but wonder, though, whether there was a dramatic opportunity missed by not complicating the MC's emotions regarding Marcie and Tana, giving their surface (at least) resemblances to the behavior that caused him such pain with Argent.

Slick742Slick742over 1 year ago

It makes my day to see your user name on a new story. This was a good believable story that pulled me in. I wished the MC was visibly more pissed but that's the way some people are. Thanks for making today an interesting day.....Slick742

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

I understand all three characters, their feelings, their desires, their regrets, their needs. And I sympathize with the wife

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

Extremely enjoyable story, I was very glad to see something new from you this morning, BR1958.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a talent! Your characters are so well developed that even though they’re foreign to me, I come to care for them. The pacing of the plot was so smooth that I was just pulled along happily. Thanks for sharing.

numbnutz49numbnutz49over 1 year ago

I will add my agreement to the list of admirers of your work and agree that this was one of the best. My only 'critique' was I wanted more! As others have said the Tana character was awesome and the MC was managing his separation from his wife with a sane calmness (OK, it did take some time) and a long road trip that helped him to become happy once again. Maybe a story about Tana and Julian living in Micronesia with their 10 children and 37 grandkids? Silly - I know that!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I continue to enjoy your writing. You have a gift that makes me and others want to read whatever you write. You present issues, your value system and what real love and commitment are. From what I've seen too, is that you are a great editor and supporter of other writers. Thank you!! K

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 1 year ago

Excellent and fun romance.

HikingThruHikingThruover 1 year ago

Great story, but I always question stories in which the betrayed husband immediately finds the perfect replacement. The ending scene where Argent pitches a MFF relationship of some sort threw it off course as well.

ejsathomeejsathomeover 1 year ago

Nice story. Good flow without of a lot of garbage. Very enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

No surprise here.

Well written, great characters, appropriate snark... and a 5.

EastCoaster

lukeshortlukeshortover 1 year ago

Another one that sets a standard that very few others can match. Of course, ✨.

tonyneatotonyneatoover 1 year ago

5 STARS ! Keep'em coming !

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good story, enjoyed reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

soooooo FINE. loved how you ended. giving Tana such a big part in the ending. THANK YOU

mattenwmattenwover 1 year ago

Perfect story, very entertainingly told. How fortunate that fate often opens a door when another one closes. If this is a warm-up for December, then you've gotten our teeth wet! 5*!!!

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

One sentence was repeated, page one I think. This is a observation and not nit picking cause I feel you are the best of the best and this one does not disappoint. Thank you again for the hours of reading pleasure

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

LOL! I thought, when they went to 'pick' almonds, that I was going to have to whisper to Randi about how they use mechanical shakers, but she was ahead of me and already knew about them!!

This was a wonderful romance/LW combo, but also a morality tale and a lot of philosophical reflections on love and sex. Plus a lot of hot sex, too. 5*

PostScriptor

amyyumamyyumover 1 year ago

Even more awsome than usual! Worth more than 5* but that's all that we can give.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Whackdoodle! What have I told you about using magic mushrooms? You need to stop it now. If you do, who knows; you might even post a sensible comment some day?

MigbirdMigbirdover 1 year ago

Uniquely interesting, 3-dimensional characters — even Argent. Yeah, some/many will crucify her given where you posted, but you painted her as real — flawed but owning who she is. Could easily gone Romance category as the piece was a nicely crafted romance. Tana is clearly the “star” of this tale; of course, you have a way of creating memorable women with real agency. Thanks for sharing.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

I liked it. But I didn't love it. Not one of your best.

I don't love the theme of "I love you and only you" and it was only sex as I acted as a super slut and a whore.

IMHO you don't love someone that you betray, lie to and hurt in one of the worst ways possible, and doing it all for selfish reasons. That is clearly love of self but most definitely not loving her husband.

And then when he claims he still loves her ... after all they betray and lies and pain? I don't think so. Maybe one loves the memory of what they had or who he thought she was, which she clearly wasn't.

And the idea of a three-way at the end. He clearly didn't know her, and she was desperate for some reason.

pepepilotpepepilotover 1 year ago

Another great story. As to the commentators, sometimes their nicknames are so appropriate. Enough said. LoL.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fantastic story!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good writing but not my cup of tea. I read LW to read about wives (usually cheating or wanting to) and their relationships with their husbands and the angst and issues that come up. I am not a BTB or Reconcile at All Costs only type reader. If reconciliation is warranted I am for that if not I am for the wife and her cheating friend to receive some form of justice, although over the top justice is a turn off and I skip those. That being said, since there was only one or two minor interactions between H and W it lost my interest very fast. In all honesty the author's intro should have been a warning.

anon.1

MCMaineNudistMCMaineNudistover 1 year ago

Yes nice story. I’d loved to hear more about the disruption he did to the network system.

shadowjack17shadowjack17over 1 year ago

As always, you're the best. Thank you for this one.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

Your characters live and breathe, and are genuinely interesting!

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars - I liked this fanciful little story.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars - I liked this fanciful little story.

DougsLairDougsLairover 1 year ago

Outstanding story. Not just one of your best, but one of THE BEST on Literotica. It begs for another chapter. Please?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great characters and, of course, very well written. I have the same problem (note I say it's my problem) that I have with some others by the author. There are people who believe sex is just sort of a sloppy hand shake and doesn't mean anything. Then there are people for whom surrendering one's dignity and just walking away is an acceptable solution to being abused and cheated. Since I am neither of those, I find it hard to care about characters who are. 5* for writing, plotting, and characters. Minus two because the characters are annoying twats.

mac1729mac1729over 1 year ago

Thoroughly loved it, thanks for writing

maxx308maxx308over 1 year ago

Enjoyed your story, thanks for sharing.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 1 year ago

Predictability is boring.

Yet you always knocking it out of the park is both predictable and so worth it!

5*

tizwickytizwickyover 1 year ago

Almost perfect 4 stars.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Helluva yarn.

Maybe if Argent was their submissive masochist and there was a chastity belt involved. 😁

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 1 year ago

Randi puts into words the ultimate in love. I fell in love with Tana and also fell under her spell. 5 big stars, I only wish I could give it more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think this story is a treatise on "Do you really know who you're involved with?"

Love makes people stupid and way too trusting too soon without solid evidence that someone can be trusted and that they're who they say they are. If people were more cautious with their romantic relationships like they are with their business investments then there might be less cases of waking up one day wondering "who" is this person you're involved with. Always be wary of a relationship that moves too fast. More than likely, you're involved with a narcissist. Narcissists only let you see the mask that they're wearing. That why they charming and charismatic,

When you first meet a narcissist, they will often make you feel like the most important person in the world. This is especially true if you are useful to them. If you have high social status and wealth, a narcissist will treat you well in order to piggyback off your success. If a woman enters your life and flatters you and gives you extra attention, be careful, you might be dealing with a narcissist. Be wary of people who want to get too close to you too soon, they usually have ulterior motives. If she makes you feel like a hero and she tries to rush the seduction, this is also a huge red flag.

Some men are more vulnerable to narcissistic women than others. The type of men who are most vulnerable to Narcissistic women are as follows:

• Lonely men who are desperate for love and affection

• Men who need ego validation and appreciation

• Men who are missing support and respect in their life

• Men who are sexually frustrated and want romance

• High status men with lots of money and power

• Men who crave drama, risk and entertainment

If you are one of these types of men, you must be extra vigilant around women who suddenly take a keen interest in your life and attempt to ingratiate themselves with you.

The character Julian checks a lot of these boxes. Julian also comes off as a man with "white knight syndrome". This syndrome refers to males who are drawn to helping females in need of assistance, regardless of the costs or the reward.

Argent definitely comes across as a narcissistic woman. Even Tana displays latent signs of narcissism. The rapid progression of Tana's and Julian's relationship with Julian coming off discovering Argent's cheating is a red flag for this relationship. Also, while Tana's initially is portrayed as this free independent women with little materialistic attachments she soon contradicts herself by suddenly being OK with Julian spending lots of money on her and investing in her education future while only knowing him for a short while. This is an obvious red flag about Tana that Julian naively ignores.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A husband will rarely have any idea how his wife feels and her true feelings towards him and why such women`s loyalty should never be taken for granted or trusted. Women like Argent are masters at the game of deception, deceit, bluff and lies.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 1 year ago
Entertaining And Interesting Story

Cross country in a Viper would be interesting (I have a C5 and it is noisy as all get out on concrete). Thank you BR for posting!

BriteaseBriteaseover 1 year ago

Tres bien et merci bien!

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 1 year ago

You truly are an amazing writer. Really enjoyed this. Looking forward to reading more.

ohioohioover 1 year ago

Another wonderful story from randi: sweet, intense, dramatic, with a mellow happy ending. Plus I just love the way you write dialogue! Keep 'em coming, please!

Thanks, ohio

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

SIMILAR Stories