Somebody That I Used to Know Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This of course changed that a few months ago when Adam was told Alexandra had been saving up and was planning on taking her next summer holiday with him, she's be taking a train up and living at his house for a week. Adam practically jumped at the idea. As the days got closer he found it harder and harder to sleep, he was a kid at Christmas waiting for his presents to arrive, he missed his cousin dearly and wanted to see her again as soon as possible. His best friend and previous flat-mate Liam Nelson picked up on his anticipation.

"Will you sit down Adam, you're making me nauseous."

"Sorry."

Adam sat down on his desk chair, Liam offered him a joint but Adam turned it down. Liam lit his own and the two of them returned to their game of Street Fighter.

"I don't know why you're so nervous about this girl."

"You don't understand, Lexi's been through a lot, she was my best friend when I was a kid but we haven't seen each other in a long time. I've missed her."

"You girl."

"Oh sorry I have emotions unlike you fucking robot."

Liam only laughed, this was a usual occurrence for the two of them, Liam was a shell and Adam wore his heart on his sleeve. They played for a couple of hours more before Liam was called back to his girlfriend's house. For the rest of the day Adam was on edge waiting for Alexandra to arrive, every time he heard something outside his door he jumped up to open it.

It was around 8 in the evening when he finally got that knock he'd been waiting for all day, he nearly rushed to open the door but he managed to compose himself before doing so.

On the other side was Alexandra, Adam was not ready for how great she looked, she was dressed simple yet still so great, a simple white t-shirt that did very little to hide her impressive breasts, riding up just high enough to show her belly button, jeans that hugged every smooth curve of her ass and legs. Her long, curly, dirty blonde hair framed her soft, innocent face brilliantly. Looking at her Adam was finding it hard to believe she was 19, or that she was his cousin.

"Hello Adam."

"... Sorry, wow Lexi, is that really you. You look amazing."

"Thanks, can I come in."

"Sure, sure. Let me get your bags for you."

"Cheers."

Adam let Alexandra past then he picked up her suitcase and took it inside. Alexandra was looking around his apartment.

"I'm impressed Adam, how can you afford a place this big."

"The university helps with most of the cost but I was living with my mate Liam for a couple years before you came. He moved out a couple months ago to live with his girlfriend."

"Sounds serious."

"Should be, she's 4 months pregnant."

"Really? Wow that's a good first impression of this place."

Adam laughed. "You're room's right through there, if you find any of Liam's stuff just chuck it out he won't miss it."

Alexandra took her hand and gently stroked the scar covering Adam's left eye, remembering how he got it.

"Thank you."

She kissed the scar and smiled sweetly at her cousin. As Adam watched her, still dumbstruck, Alexandra took her bag through to her room, leaving her other two outside to deal with later. Exhausted from her long trip she fell back onto the bed, she would've fallen asleep but somehow she was too tired to sleep, instead she just lay there as the memories about her childhood came back to her, everything from the good with Adam to the bad with Craig. When she wiped away her tear she couldn't tell if it was happy or sad.

Adam opened himself a beer from the fridge and sat on the arm of his sofa, his mind still running with the thought that this gorgeous woman was his baby cousin. Four years is a long time but she had changed so much in that time. He found himself nursing his beer just as Alexandra walked out her room.

"So what do you think of the place?"

"I think it's brilliant. It's good to see you again Adam."

"It's great to see you Lexi."

The two of them hugged, the warmth between them not going unnoticed by either, Adam kissed the side of her head just as Liam opened the door.

"Hey Adam I just wanted to drop off..."

Liam stopped when he spotted Adam and this new girl breaking off a hug. "Not interrupting anything am I Adam?"

"No Adam, me and Lexi were just getting reacquainted."

"Yeah well remember to use protection if you decide to 'acquaint' yourselves further."

Alexandra quickly shot her cousin a puzzled look but was looking back at Liam before he noticed. "I'm just here to drop off my spare key I'll be out of your hair in a minute."

"Come on Liam, you were never a good liar."

"Alright you got me, I saw you outside and with the suitcases I guessed you were here for Adam so I followed you in and saw you go up to his room. I waited a few minutes hoping to catch the two of you at it."

Again Alexandra looked at her cousin confused. Liam stuck out his hand for her to shake. "Admiral Nelson my dear lady, Liam to my friends."

Alexandra giggled and took Liam's hand. "Alexandra Buchannan, Alex to my friends and Lexi to my best one."

Liam kissed Alexandra's hand. "My dear, I hope that you will use your wily charms on my celibate accomplice here and get him rightfully and royally laid."

"Ok that's it 'Admiral' time for you to return to the high seas and tend to your maiden and her cargo."

Adam pretended to push Liam away. "Aar matey, it's a cruel mistress's fate that forces me to return home but me house booty awaits my arrival. Avast ye scurvy dogs."

Liam left and Adam shut the door, making sure to lock it. He turned back to a laughing Alexandra.

"Sorry about that Lexi, Liam's a bit of a sea nut; loves boats and marine life and all that. Studying marine biology at the college."

"I liked him, he's funny. Why did he think you and I were a couple."

"Ah, I em, sorta forgot to mention that you were my cousin. I told people that my best friend Lexi was coming to visit."

"And why did that slip your mind?"

"I don't know. Most likely I was trying to get Liam off my back about the whole girlfriend thing and the lack of it I'm having."

"Is that why he called you celibate? Because you're a virgin?"

Adam sat down next to Alexandra. "Well I don't like to shout it out but yeah. Liam's been trying to get me laid for months but I haven't got round to it yet."

"Round to it yet? You make it sound like a chore."

"With what I've gone through with Liam it feels like it."

"Why haven't you popped your cherry yet?"

"I would say I'm looking for the right girl but even hearing that now it sounds stupid. It's my excuse anyway, hopefully with us being old friends people will think you're the right girl."

"So you're going to tell people we fucked just to get them off your back?"

"You make it sound so terrible but yeah. Is that ok with you?"

"Adam, you've done so much for me it's the least I can do. It's a little strange but if that's what you want."

"Thank you Lexi, I know this is a big ask. Do you want a drink?"

"Please."

Adam got another two beers out the fridge, opened them and gave one to Alexandra as he sat down next to her again.

"So what about you Lexi, you popped the Big V yet."

"I feel bad for saying this but yeah I did, a couple years ago."

"Who was the lucky guy?"

"Adam, I love you but can we please not talk about my sex life."

"Why not?"

"Because I always feel like such a slut when I'm reminded of who and how many people I've slept with. Take my first time for example. That ended up being a drunken fuck with some guy I barely knew."

"Damn."

"I know, just, just don't talk about ok."

Sensing his cousins' sadness, Adam put down his beer and cuddled her, letting her head rest on his chest.

"Damn you Adam, why do you have to always be so fuckin smart?"

"I'm not smart I'm just nice."

"Nice guy like you, you should have the girls clawing at you."

"The girls aren't into nice guys Lexi, they want the studded jocks with the foot long cocks and the muscles."

"Trust me Adam, I've been around enough to know that I want a nice guy more than anything."

"Shh your mouth Lexi, you're too young to have regrets. Listen, you finish that beer then we'll order something to eat, my treat."

**

That night as Adam lay in his bed, thinking about his cousin and trying desperately not to get an erection, he heard a strange noise coming from next door. Concerned he got up and slowly walked out his bedroom and round the corner to Alexandra's bedroom. He put his ear up to the door and sure enough there was a strange noise coming from within, short, quick breaths, loud sniffing. Was Alexandra crying?

He knocked on her door. "Lexi, you alright?"

Silence. He was about to knock again when he heard her. "Yeah Adam I'm good, I'll see you in the morning."

Even if he wasn't a lawyer in training he would've been suspecting of her voice, she wasn't fine but it was too late to talk to her now, tomorrow was another day.

In the morning, Adam was up long before Alexandra, wanting to spoil her he brought out some pans and a grill and cooked some a full English Breakfast, and this was truly full, bacon, sausages, eggs, black pudding, mushrooms, toast. He'd even found a couple tomatoes in his fridge.

The warm smell of meat and grease wafted through the hallway causing Alexandra to float out of bed and into the kitchen.

"Smells delicious Adam, I didn't know you could cook."

"Well Liam couldn't so I had to learn, after a few years I've gotten pretty good."

Adam placed to full plates on the table and fetched the condiments as Alexandra sat down, Adam sneaked a look at her night-time attire, a purple basketball vest that hung loosely off her shoulder and gave him a good look at her barely covered breasts, the vest came to about somewhere in-between her stomach and her groin so he could see her thin, baby-blue panties and her long, thin legs as she stretched out in front of him.

"Um, you want ketchup or brown sauce?" He asked her, desperate to take his mind elsewhere.

"Brown please."

Adam handed her the brown sauce and sat down beside her, they both dug into their breakfasts, Alexandra wolfed hers down like she hadn't ate in months.

"That was fantastic Adam, if you're going to cook like that everyday I'm going to gain about 10 pounds."

"Every day? Lexi that was everything in my fridge, you want to eat you better buy the food."

"Excuse me? I'm your guest, why am I buying your food?"

"You're buying our food because I'm cooking the damn stuff."

Alexandra laughed. "Look at us, bickering like an old married couple."

"I can only dream Lexi."

She laughed again, Adam loved hearing her laugh. They caught eyes with each other, both smiling, Adam wiped a hair away from her eyes.

"I love hearing you laugh Lexi, it's so much better than the noise you made last night."

Alexandra rolled her eyes. "God you're on that. For a clever guy Adam that wasn't very smart ruining this moment."

"I'm sorry Lexi I'm just concerned y'know. I'm supposed to look after you."

"Look it was nothing, it's just something that's been going on a few years now."

"A few years, Jesus Lexi what is it?"

"It's nothing Adam. It's just that sometimes I have nightmares, mostly about Craig and what he did. It's really nothing I swear, I've gotten over it but sometimes I'm reminded of him and seeing you for the first time in years yesterday brought back so many memories."

"My god Lexi I'm so sorry."

"Don't be, you weren't the sick bastard that felt up a kid."

Adam could sense this conversation turning sour so he placed his hand on Alexandra's knee.

He swore he could feel the electricity pass between them as he touched her bare skin, she was warm, incredibly warm and Adam could almost feel her pulse, he could definitely feel the short hairs on her thigh stand up suddenly.

Alexandra cleared her throat. "Thanks Adam, for everything. I'm going to get showered."

More quickly than she'd have liked to have done Alexandra ran through to the bathroom, shutting the door and locking it quickly behind her. With her back against the door she slid to the floor. What the hell was that that just happened between her and Adam? Why were her nipples poking out her vest and why was there a wet patch on her underwear.

She ignored the obvious signs of arousal and jumped in the shower, she fought hard against her urge to get herself off. Although the feeling of hot water and soap on her body made the temptation almost too great.

When she got out the shower she heard voices from the living room, hiding behind the wall she listened as Adam talked to Liam, surprised that she never even heard the door open.

"So have you two done the horizontal dance yet?"

"Jesus Liam, why are you so obsessed with this?"

"That's a no. I'm just worried about you Adam, this isn't healthy."

"What? It isn't healthy to wait to find the right girl."

"No. Christ Adam it's almost the 90s, things are changing, people aren't bothered with relationships anymore."

"Says the man in one."

"Hey I've played my field, it was just shorter than other peoples. You my friend have yet to enter your field."

"Look. Lexi is the one ok, I've known her for years and I love her. I will sleep with her but I want a relationship with her, not some stupid little one night stand."

"Whatever man, just pop that cherry before she leaves. Bring her to the party."

Adam groaned. "Alright I will, now just get going, I don't want Lexi to see you, you two start talking and no doubt you'll embarrass me."

"Fine, don't forget, Friday at 9 at the warehouse."

"I know I know. I'll see you there."

Liam left the flat, Adam turned round just as Alexandra stepped out from behind the wall.

"So, you want a relationship with me."

"I'm sorry Lexi, you weren't meant to hear that. I was only lying to Liam."

Alexandra gave Adam a look that showed she didn't believe him. Adam on the other hand was looking at her with inappropriate thoughts again, her blonde hair hung wet on her shoulders and chest, the towel around her body stopped high on her thigh, if she sat down he would've been able to see everything easily. The knowledge that she was naked and only a towel separated his eyes from her body was torture to Adam.

"So what's this about a party?"

"Liam's throwing a house party on Friday, he's stole some keys from his uncle and we're heading out to the docks, party at the warehouse."

"That safe?"

"Well we all know to run if the police turn up and if anyone gets caught they aren't going to get arrested, just a telling off and a call to their parents."

"You going?"

"I was planning to but if you don't want to go..."

"No no I want to. We don't have that many parties in Wales, when we do they're wild, but they're few and far between."

"Ok then, I'll phone Liam and tell him you're coming."

Alexandra gave a little giggle and turned back to her room. Adam watched her, lost in a trance he only snapped out of it when the smoke filled his nostrils and he realised his breakfast was burning.

Alexandra joined him after she'd gotten dressed, he apologized for the burns but she didn't mind and sat down with him to eat.

"So what do you want to do today?" He asked her.

"I want to walk around town, see what's changed. Head back to the pond."

Adam felt his scar tingle at the mention of the pond, a good tingle though, he wanted to go back there as well.

"We'll do all that and more, as soon as I'm dressed we'll head out."

Alexandra took a bite out of her toast and smiled.

Around an hour later, at a time closer to 12 than 11, Adam and Alexandra set off. They took a slow walk down the road, pointing out places and saying 'Do you remember where...?" and pointing at shops and asking 'Didn't that use to be...?'. Before long they found themselves by the burn, the sunlight breaking through the thick branches of the trees above them only slightly keeping them cool.

"So how's Aunt Jane these days?"

"She's doing good, I told you she remarried right?"

"Yeah, sorry I missed the wedding, I wanted to go but it was an important exam, assessed so I couldn't reschedule."

"Don't worry Adam, you're mother told us when she arrived."

"How is he, you're step-father?"

"Damien, he's good. He loves my mother, that's completely obvious, and he treats me nice. A lot better than Craig."

Adam took his cousin's hand in his, squeezing it lightly so she knew he was there.

"You have any idea what happened to him?" She asked Adam.

"He got attacked in prison, both legs broken and a pipe to the back of the head. He's fucked up now, can't remember anything past last week. Got let out early because of that but he's now in a home, having someone wipe his arse for him."

"Oh." Alexandra's voice had a hint of sadness to it, she expecting, or wished, him dead by now.

"What about you, what are you doing right now?" Adam quickly changed the subject

"I'm at college right now, didn't get the grades I needed for Uni so I compromised. I'm studying Art."

"I remember you were always painting as a youngster, you got really messy with the paint."

Alexandra smiled. "Yeah well this time there's more paint on the paper than on me."

Adam laughed with her, he was glad that there was no awkwardness between them after so long apart. They kept walking for another 10 minutes before they came across the pond, the trees surrounding it had grown immensely, keeping the whole area shrouded in darkness. Adam pushed his way through the branches, carving a path for Alexandra who followed him in and making sure neither of them got another scar.

Inside they saw that the trolley was still stuck in the pond, though it was now lower and rustier than years before. There was more rubbish than ever and the wet, brown leaves covered the path, years of Autumns obviously sheltered by the thick branches. But despite the detritus that coated the pond it was still a beautiful sight, whether it was the thin rays of sunlight that broke through the trees and danced on the water or the simple memory of this place, Adam smiled contently, he felt Alexandra's hand lock in his and hold it there.

"Who would've thought a little accident could make this place mean so much?"

"Little accident? Speak for yourself Lexi, I'm still carrying the war wounds."

"Ha, you big baby Adam, and here I was thinking you were a big hero."

"When the time calls for it Lexi, when the time calls."

The two of them sat down, Alexandra took out a pack of cigarettes and lit one.

"You smoke?" Asked a confused Adam.

"Sometimes, like a packet a month, sometimes less. Don't tell mum."

"Don't worry I won't."

The two of them sat there for a while, Alexandra with her knees up by her chest as she lingered on her cigarette, Adam lying back, propped up on his elbows and skimming stones across the pond. The sat in silence for a long time before Adam broke it.

"Do you ever think about coming back here, you know to live or to study?"

"Sometimes, I do miss you when I'm at home but this place, for every good memory I have a bad one to go with it. If I came back here I'd just be punishing myself."

"I thought I told you to stop having regrets."

"Easy for you to say, you don't seem to worry about anything, whatever the hell you're smoking give me a hit."

Adam sat up, put his arm around Alexandra and kissed her head.

"I love you Lexi."

"I love you too."

Alexandra felt a tear run down her face, it was one of sad happiness, she was happy to be with her cousin but sad because of the reasons why.

**

The next night Adam was watching TV when Alexandra came through, she had changed for bed so she was wearing that purple basketball vest again with the skimpy pants underneath.

"Hey."

"Hey, mind if I sit with you?"

"Not at all Lexi." Adam scooted over, allowing Alexandra to sit beside him.