All Comments on 'Someone Else's Daughter'

by PatHayashi

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WHY don't would be writers PROOF READ????

Example - "I thought you we all about this whole purity thing ..."

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A wonderful story. I thoroughly enjoyed it !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. As far as to why writers don't proof read, that is why they get an editor. I know that when I was in school over 20 years ago, I knew what I had intended to write; but, when I tried to proof read a paper with a deadline for when it had to be turned in, I would see what I intended to write, not what I had actually written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Awesome

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another surprise story.

A surprise in how good and how much depth it has.

Thank you.

Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The story starts of with the assumption that the age of consent is 18. In fact in Canada the age of consent is 16, while those 14 and 15 can consent to sex with partners no more than 5 years older than them, and age 12 and 13 can consent to sex with partners no more than 2 years older than them. Those having sex with individuals under age 16 must not be in a position of authority, trust, or dependency with their partner. The intent is to avoid criminalizing Romeo and Juliet type relationships.

reader1000reader1000over 2 years ago

Strong character development, with a slowly building story line. Cross cultural details added additional texture. Minor failure to proof read errors were of only slight notice but did distract from otherwise stronger attention to detail in this unusually well–done work. Well worth the lengthy read.

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

It was a good story, but I found Kenji frustrating because he was just so passive and naive. You'd have to be a complete moron to encourage your beautiful young wife to abandon her family and spend months away from them on the other side of the country. That was just asking for trouble... and Karen had a history of making terrible life choices.

-

Also, his mentor was an absolute idiot for intervening to get Ken and Karen together. She was a nineteen-year-old single mother who dreamed about becoming a famous actress... everything about her was a massive red flag!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well devolved characters were well worth the length of the story. I look forward to your future contributions

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very good story, worth the length as you let the characters develop. Frankly, this would have gotten allot of votes in Loving Wives, as it's a "living well and finding true love, is the best revenge". It's a very nice theme how the two adopted parents have more love for their children than their birth mother. Karen never grew up and never quite understood the responsibility of motherhood and family. Her life goal was to be in show business and she squandered everything is pursuit of an illusion. Success, a bit part in a TV series for one and half seasons. Yup, years on the fringes, at the cost of your family and love from your kids.

I like how you write Colleen, one who clearly understands the consequences of a bad choice and a failed marriage. She appreciates everything in Kenji that Karen took for granted. Ultimately she realizes that she was really nothing but the egg donor for her own daughter, as the flip side of Bill being the sperm donor.

Thanks again for such a fine effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story! Please, write more, you ultimately have the gift. A part 2 would be nice, as the children grow, get married and give Kenji & Colleen, the title of grandma and grandpa. Colleen would be a natural in the birthing room with HER DAUGHTER, Christine. When the kids called her "MOM", she shed tears of happiness at the honor of the name. Karen was stupid, selfish and missed the truly great part of life, being a doting mother and grandmother, freely giving the title to a more deserving LADY!

mac1729mac1729about 2 years ago

Loved it all over again, please keep writing

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Wow what great story. Can't feel at all sorry for Karen as she created her own delimina by walking away abanoning her family. In the end she lost it all and Ken, Colleen and children lived happily ever after. 5/5

anubeloreanubeloreabout 2 years ago

On page seven and...he adopted Christine when she turned 10? Then how was he allowed to have custody of her after the divorce? If he wasn't her adoptive parent, then he wouldn't have any parental rights, to my understanding. Maybe I'm wrong, it just sounded weird.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Who’s Amelia? I thought the sister’s name was Katherine. Why didn’t the girl legally take her adoptive father’s name at the time of the adoption? I thought that was the way it’s usually done.

rbloch66rbloch66about 1 year ago

A great story. I enjoyed it immensely.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Wonderful story, 10 stars! I know it's fiction, but the whore did it to herself. She had the world by the tail, and threw it away to become a STAR. She didn't realize she already was, STAR WIFE AND MOTHER. Bill Davis should have been found, then castrated, or worse. On the bright side, Chrissy had a loving mother and father, their names being Kenji and Colleen. Colleen was her "real mother", as she guided her from puberty, to becoming a woman, her loving daughter.

AngelRiderAngelRider11 months ago

That woman was a selfish cunt.

RanDog025RanDog0252 months ago

What Anon just below say's is my feelings for the two.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPatHayashi@PatHayashi
** All names, characters, and incidents portrayed in these stories are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. ** Long time reader looking to try my hand at writing fiction. I write sales stories and proposals for a living so wan...

SIMILAR Stories