Someone Old, Someone New

Story Info
A cousin's note derails a wedding.
13.1k words
4.74
20.1k
58
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story - like many of those I have written - offers little or no physical descriptions of the characters. I purposefully try to keep things as vague as possible. It is also written in the first person. I do these things because I want this to be your story.

I will delete any comments that complain about the lack of physical descriptions. If you need a full-color picture of the person to get your groove on, it is my opinion that you are on the wrong website. Look for someplace with pictures and videos.

If any of this is a problem for you, there are plenty of other authors on this site.

~~~

My cousin's little girl, Millie, is getting married today.

Millicent and I have never behaved like cousins - but that's not because I'm only related to her by marriage. I consider her to be the daughter that my wife and I could never have.

Jane and I have always spoiled Millie more than the rest of my nieces, nephews, and cousins. Her mom and dad put up with it initially. Soon, it became almost expected. They have enough other children that me and Jane "borrowing" a kid from them almost went unnoticed. My wife and I spoiled the other kids too - but Millie definitely received the lion's share of our attention.

When Jane died, two years ago, I was lost. I turned into a hermit.

I'm only here, today, because Jane made me promise that - if Millie ever got engaged - I'd deliver this package. Since today is Millie's wedding day, it's my last chance to keep my promise.

~~~

I arrived at the dressing room to find my wife's favorite cousin and the bridesmaids standing outside of the door.

"See if you can talk to her," Sara told me.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Cold feet," she replied, opening the door and shoving me inside.

Millie was bawling. She was standing there in her bra, panties, garters, and white stockings. Her face was buried in her hands. She was bawling her eyes out.

Her hair was done up with baby's breath and other frilly shit. She looked like a beauty pageant queen - a very sad beauty pageant queen. I hurried over and wrapped my arms around her. She started to shove me away and then realized it wasn't her mom and looked up at me.

"I can't do it," she gushed, wrapping her arms around my ribs and holding tight, continuing to cry.

We held each other forever. She finally quieted.

"You finally out of hiding, old man?" she said, smiling at me through her tears.

"I wouldn't even be here now, except that I promised your Aunt Jane I'd give you this."

I handed her the box. It was white, about four inches square, with a gold ribbon tied around it.

She dried her eyes enough to see what I had and took it. She untied the ribbon and opened the box. Her eyes widened a little. I could tell there was more than one thing inside but I had never looked. She pulled out a note, closed the box and unfolded the paper.

When she had finished reading, she asked me, "Have you opened this?"

"She told me not to," I replied.

"Did you?"

"No."

"So, you have no idea what this says?"

"Nope."

She handed me the note.

~~~

Beautiful, baby girl:

I have a word of advice for you - and a gift - if you will accept it. You know what? Let's call it a loan.

I love you so much and I wish I could be there right now.

Whatever you do, sweet girl, don't settle for a husband who doesn't really love you.

Find someone who loves you just the way you are - and treats you like a queen.

If you're like me, you'll find that most of them want you to change.

Their words may not say it - but their actions will show it.

Luckily, I found this idiot standing here.

If you've found someone who loves you for who you are, I'm so happy for you. I wish you all the best.

If you feel like you're having to settle for "the best you can get", I want you to walk away right now.

If you think you need a man, take this oaf.

"Someone old, someone new, someone borrowed, someone.."

I'll let you finish the poem yourself but it should involve cunnilingus.

He's pretty good. Tell him what makes you cum. He's trainable.

The rings are for both of you.

I love you, Millicent Anne.

I love both of you - and I want you both to be happy.

Take good care of my property until you return him to me.

p.s. I had the rings sized for you but, if they don't fit anymore, resize them.

~~~

Millie opened the box and showed me the rest of the contents: an engagement ring and wedding ring for her -- and my old wedding band. I had wondered what she'd done with it.

"Your dad's gonna kill me," I said.

"So, you WILL marry me?" Millie asked, watching my face closely.

"I've never thought of you as anything more than my little..."

"You love me though?" she asked.

"Of course I do, baby girl."

"Don't move," she ordered.

She put the note back in the box and closed it. She darted over to the door, opened it, leaned out, grabbed her mom, pulled her inside, and closed the door again. She brought her mom over to stand by me and handed her the box.

"Uncle John just gave me this. It's from Aunt Jane - but you'll see that."

My wife's cousin opened the box, looked at the contents, removed the note, and read it slowly -- twice. She folded it back up and put it back into the box, returning it to Millie.

"The wedding's off?" she asked her daughter.

"Aunt Jane..." Millie began.

"I get it, baby," her mother told her. "I know you've felt like you were having to settle. You've told me that multiple times. You've been beating yourself up for months."

Turning to me, she asked, "You waited until today?"

"I didn't know what was in it. Today was my last chance to keep my promise to your cousin."

"Have you even left the house these last two years?" she asked me.

"I go to work... most of the time."

"You read the note?"

I nodded, unsure about what else to do or say.

"You okay with this?"

"I told Millie that I've only ever thought of her as a daughter."

"Mom!" Millie interrupted - or tried.

"Just wait, baby girl," she said, holding a finger up in front of her youngest.

"Jane loved you," she told me emphatically.

I nodded and said, "And I loved her."

"And you've hermitted yourself away for two years, gaining what?"

"I don't know. I've got nothing left to live for. Jane's..."

"Well, now you've got something to live for, dumbass," she growled. "Will you love her?"

"I already love her, I just..."

"Will you at least try to honor Jane's request?"

"You know I will," I told her.

Turning to her daughter she said, "Sell me."

Millie's face immediately started glowing with excitement. She took a breath and began.

"Nobody has ever loved me more than you and dad," she began.

"Except Aunt Jane and Uncle John," her mom finished.

"Exactly."

"He's old," Sara said. "His pecker probably doesn't even work anymore."

"Mom! You and dad still fuck every night," Millie said. "You always tell me that marriage isn't about sex anyway. "

"You'll need somebody to take your cherry. You want this old fucker doing it?"

Millie's eyes shot to mine; I found something interesting on the floor to look at.

"More than anybody else in the world.." she said softly. "Who else will treat me like a queen?"

It got really quiet in the large room. I continued staring at the floor, contemplating my life-choices - and the shoes I'd had kept for far too long.

"How soon do you want to get married?" Sara asked her. "Public or private? Small or large?"

I looked up at Millie's face. My beautiful little girl. The young woman who was convincing her mother that I should be her husband?

"Let's just call things off for today," Millie said. "Uncle John and I can court until he proposes. We'll figure the rest out then."

"As chaotic as the rest of this day is about to become," her mother replied, "I think that's probably a good plan. For now, only the three of us should know about Aunt Jane's gift."

Millie nodded.

Sara looked at me.

"I'm still not sure this is a good idea," I sighed.

"As much as I agree, it's been well over two years since I've seen my little girl smile like she is right now," she replied.

I looked at Millicent. She was smiling. She was beautiful.

She stepped up to me. "I want a kiss," she told me.

I kissed her nose and hugged her.

"No, old man. Kiss me like you want to spend time with me."

"I always enjoy spending time with you, sweet baby girl."

"Then why did you abandon me for the last two years? Do you know how close I just came to settling for somebody who doesn't love me half as much as you?"

Sara turned to her, and said, "That's not fair..."

I interrupted, "No, she's right. I shouldn't have walked away."

"Damn right," Millie said. "Now. About that kiss."

I released the hug, took hold of her hands, and leaned in to give her a little peck on the lips.

She pouted.

"What? You want to skip first, second, and third base and just have me shove my dirty, old cock into you?"

Her eyes brightened and I interrupted whatever she was about to say. "You said we'd court first. I'll give you one more kiss and then you can plan our first date - right after you tell your fiancé that the wedding is off."

I cupped her cheeks in my hands, looked into her eyes, and gave her a tender kiss.

She sighed heavily, and said, "That's better."

"On that happy note," I said, smirking, "I think I'll disappear before the fireworks begin."

Sara surprised me by wrapping me in a strong hug.

"Don't be a stranger, old man," she said, grinning, before giving me a peck on the lips. "Jane must've known you'd disappear."

"She knew me pretty well," I admitted, giving my wife's cousin a squeeze. "Please don't hate me."

"I couldn't," she said, releasing me.

"Not even if I'm thinking about sticking my dirty old pecker in your little girl?" I asked.

"If I know, you, you old buzzard, you're planning some superbly magical get-away for your first date. Start simple, John. You know what Millie likes but you're starting a new relationship."

"Maybe I should date Millie's super-smart gorgeous mom instead," I said, smiling at her.

"I'm already taken, sweet-talker. Save that bullshit for my little girl."

I kissed her cheek and we gave each other another little squeeze before she sent me out the door.

"Send the girls in, John. They might as well get changed."

~~~

Just to be nosey, I sat in my car and watched things unravel. I was parked in the corner of the rear lot, slightly obscured by some trees. Most people didn't even realize I was there.

After about a half-hour, I turned at the sound of my two passenger doors opening. Sara slid into the front seat and I glanced in the rear-view mirror to see Millie sneaking into the back. Neither door had shut yet.

"Can you give Millie a ride?"

I quirked an eyebrow at her and smirked.

Millie giggled from the backseat - she'd also heard the possible double meaning.

"To your house, you horny old goat. Have you even touched yourself in two years?" she asked.

My smirk got wider.

"Don't answer that," she ordered.

I glanced at the back-door of the church to see several people arguing. I glanced over and raised an eyebrow at Sara.

"I miss Jane," Sara said tiredly.

"Me too," I said, my smirk disappearing.

"She's saved my ass," her cousin said, matter-of-factly.

"How's that?" I asked.

"This boy had money. I pushed Millie a little. Watching this unravel, now, though, I really feel so blessed that my cousin knew my little girl so well - even better than me."

"You're not being fair to yourself," I told her.

"I should have seen some of this," she said. "These people don't even like each other - and I was gonna send my baby into the middle of that snake-pit."

I reached over and squeezed her hand. She squeezed mine back.

"I'll bring Millie some things later," she told me. "Why don't you two go find some lunch. Dave and I will stop by this afternoon. Where have you been sleeping?"

"On the couch," I admitted.

"Have you even been in the bedroom since she passed?"

"I grabbed my laptop," I told her.

"You sentimental fool. You just shut down?"

"I miss her, Sara," I said quietly.

"And I love you for it - but you're an idiot - a big-hearted fool."

Turning to look over the backseat, she said, "You're going to have your work cut out for you, little miss."

"He loves me, mom, and I love him. He's a big ol' teddy bear - and now he's MY teddy bear."

Looking back at me, Sara reached over and brushed her knuckles against my cheek, drying the tear that had somehow escaped without me noticing.

"I'll talk to Dave. We'll swing by around two. You and he can chat while your new girlfriend and I get your room cleaned."

"Can't we just leave it?" I asked.

"I don't think that's what Jane would have wanted," she told me.

"I don't know if I can sleep in that room," I said.

"She didn't fucking die there!" she growled at me.

"That was our room."

"... and she left a note for Millie to take her place. I think you need this. Try it my way first."

I sighed, loudly.

"Take the girl to get something to eat and then go home. Dave and I will be there shortly."

"Thank you," I told her.

"Jane's still watching you, fucker. You'd better get your shit together."

"You're right."

"You're damn right, I'm right - and you'd better remember that shit on my birthday," she growled, smiling.

"You turn 50 this year, don't you?" I asked, grinning evilly.

"You WOULD remember that, you old fucker," she groused.

"You're a month older than me," I reminded her, smirking.

"Yeah, well, maybe we can have a wedding instead of a birthday party, you dried up old piece of shit."

With that, she climbed out, eased her knee against both doors to latch them without making a sound, and then headed back over to the side-door of the church - avoiding the continuing meltdown that was taking place at the rear of the building.

Once she was back inside, I started the car and eased out of the lot.

~~~

We went to one of the local diners that Jane and I used to take Millie to as a kid. She made me sit in "our" booth. After we ordered, she put her hands on top of the table, palms up. I placed mine in hers.

"Uncle John," she started.

"If you're serious about this," I told her, "you're going to need to start calling me something else."

"Studmuffin?" she asked, smirking.

It was a good thing I wasn't trying to get a drink at the time. As it was I only choked on the saliva in my mouth.

I saw the waitress bringing our drinks and tried to release her hands but she wouldn't let me go. The lady acted like she didn't notice anything weird, but I had caught the look in her eye when she saw our hands joined together.

"Babygirl?"

"Yes, lover?"

"We're going to get some weird looks - and we're going to create a shit-storm with your siblings and cousins."

"I don't care."

"You seriously need to think about this," I told her.

"Honestly?" she said, "I don't think I do."

"How's that?" I asked.

"You saw mom's face - and you heard everything she said."

"Yeah..."

"Does she sound like she's against it?"

"I think she's a little too worried about me - and not thinking about you," I replied.

"Seriously?" Millie asked. "You weren't standing in that church with me when I walked up to my fiancé and told him that I couldn't do it - that I had changed my mind. He immediately said that I'd found somebody else. Mom defended me - not because of Aunt Jane's note - but because she knew I wasn't in love with him - and she'd started seeing what I'd been nervous about all along."

"Okay."

"... and then the shit-show started and she tucked me behind her like the mama-bear she is..."

I snickered at the thought. Jane and I had almost exclusive access to Sara's children because she trusted us implicitly. We'd shared so much of ourselves with all of the kids - but more so with Millicent. All of that happened because Sara absolutely trusted us to take care of her kids like she and Dave would.

"See? Who loves me more than you? Only mom and Aunt Jane," she said.

I looked at the table, thinking of the wife I'd buried. I started to tug my hands back.

"Oh, no you don't! You fucker! Don't you close me off. I'll bite your dick, I swear it. I'll crawl under this table right now, unbutton your pants, pull that beast out,..."

"Millicent Anne..." I growled.

"... and... he's back," she said, smiling from ear to ear. "Who loves you?" she asked.

"Your mom," I said, smirking at her insolent face.

"You wanna fuck my mom?"

"Well..."

"Tell you what, you horny old goat. You can picture her face while you're stuffing your cock into my pussy, taking my cherry, on our wedding night - but your dick will be inside of me - and not my mother."

"I was just messing with you..." I told her, worried about how far she'd taken the jest.

"How long have you known me?" she asked. "Weren't you and Aunt Jane the next ones to hold me after dad brought me out of the delivery room?"

I nodded.

"You held me before my mother did," she said.

"I did, didn't I?"

"I love you, Uncle John."

"Babygirl..."

"Johnny?"

I shook my head.

"Master?"

I snorted.

"Old man?"

I shrugged.

"Can you still call me 'babygirl'?" she asked.

"It sounds a little creepy but I guess I already do."

"You can be my naughty daddy," she said.

"Don't make it any weirder," I told her.

"How about Jay?"

"My first initial?"

"Yeah, but as a name - it also sounds like Aunt Jane's name - since she hooked us up."

"This is so weird," I said.

"I need somebody to love me; you need somebody to get your fat ass off the couch."

"My ass isn't fat."

"It will be if I let you stay a hermit, dumbass."

"Hey now..."

"Mom called you a dumbass," she said.

"Your mom's earned..."

"... and I haven't?"

I frowned at her.

"Fine. Old fucker. You gonna lick my pussy before we go to bed tonight?"

"How about we just cuddle and see how I do with this whole idea of moving back into my wife's bed?"

"It's your bed too."

I stared at her hands as she rubbed her thumbs across my knuckles.

"I love you, Jay."

"I love you, Millicent Anne."

The waitress brought our food and Millie finally let go of my hands.

~~~

As we got into the car, I said, "Can we swing by the cemetery?"

"You're driving," she told me, "go wherever you want."

"Is it okay?"

She nodded, taking my right hand in her left. She kept her hand with mine as I put the car in drive. She still held it when I dropped it into park again at the cemetery. She squeezed it before letting me go.

She got out and came over and claimed my hand, once more, practically dragging me to her cousin's grave.

We stopped in front of the place and I tried to figure out what to say - what to ask. Other than work, the house, and the occasional stop at the grocery store, this was the only place I had visited over the last two years.

"Aunt Jane," Millie said. "I got your note. I made this fucker read it and he's being a pain in the ass. Tell him to straighten his shit out. By the way, I love you and I miss you. This big oaf misses you too and he's locked himself away like a damned hermit - but - then - I think you knew he'd do that. That's why you left that note - so I'd know to take over babysitting his ass. He's gonna lick my pussy and I'm gonna suck his dick. When I finally get him to propose to me, I'm gonna give him my cherry."

She looked at me and asked, "I forget anything?"

I turned back to look at Jane's stone - to find an American Goldfinch sitting on top of it. It hadn't been there a moment ago. It looked exactly like the one carved into her marker. Of all the birds that visited our feeders, those had always been her favorite.