Something about Elle Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Randy, Bill and Karl were out to early lunch with a prospective client and Elle was visiting Pamela in hospital who'd had a bottle of beer smashed over her shoulder by a drunken mother who'd not understood that the boyfriend had abandoned her very distressed daughter, thinking instead that the boyfriend had left in disgust because her daughter preferred the rather sexy looking Pamela.

Told about all this by a young subordinate, Donovan, hugging a triple strength black coffee, said he'd pick up his own mail and went to Pamela's office to collect his mail already placed by the young assistant in Pamela's out tray. He walked behind Pamela's chair, saw a package from Barnes-Churchill Investments Inc. and simply assumed it was for him, not bothering to read the address.

Back in his office Donovan took four pills to relief his thumping headache and went to sleep on his lay-back office chair, snoring in primitive abandonment for almost two hours.

Elle returned to the office, found his office door locked and correctly assumed that a hangover was being eradicated. The temptation to decide whether he'd been faithful to her was not pursued because she'd prefer not to reach a conclusion that she'd been overly optimistic. Through experience, Elle was learning to control her extended powers to her own advantage.

After two hours Donovan sat upright, stretched and felt really good. He'd really prefer a succulent rumble with Elle but at that was still an embargoed activity he chose instead to work, ripping open the pack from Barnes-Churchill Investments Inc and began reading one of the most fascinating documents that had come his way in months.

When beginning reading the main document, Donovan was aware that the document was meant for Miss Elle Jamieson rather than him. But his over-indulgence in liquor and heavy food and his unsatisfied requirement for unbridled sex had left him with his disciplined approach to proper procedures rather ragged and his inquisitiveness at maximum peak. So he read on.

He reached the starting salary offer of $320,000 plus benefits he groaned, "She'll be leaving me."

He popped four more anti-headache pills and resumed routine work, a very unhappy man.

Throughout the afternoon the more Donovan thought about the job offer the more steamed up he became. Elle called in to see him twice and made no mention of it. Her indifferent to him about this was ripping him apart, so at 5:45 he entered her office and closed the door.

"Oh ready to talk about our relationship after being interrupted the other day, are we?" Elle said, but her tone indicating she was not so sure about that.

Looking very stern Donovan asked what there anything she wanted to tell him about her employment aspirations, anything at all.

She replied no, her brow furrowed.

Donovan repeated himself, asking what there anything, anything at all that might affect their working relationship.

Elle replied no.

He asked what about the lure of a high-figure executive salary.

Elle replied no, looking puzzled and this frustrated Donovan. He leaped to his feet and pulling the opened document from Barnes-Churchill Investment, Inc. from under his arm threw it on to the desktop and said icily, "What about this?"

Elle looked at it and said he'd been reading her personally addressed mail, but if he felt the need to do that then he was welcomed to do it.

Donovan felt powerless because she was not crumbling and confession as he thought she would.

He snarled, calling her a treacherous bitch, his face flaming, his eyes wild.

But Elle didn't yield; instead she softly told him to keep calm and tell her what the problem was. She controlled herself from attempting to 'read' him to identify the root of the problem apparently of his creation.

The air was so thick between them a chainsaw would be required to slice through it.

Face white, distress showing in his eyes, he told Elle he was finished with her she could finish up as soon as she wished and it was up to her to find a buyer for her stock holding.

Still at little confused why he should be acting so aggressively without first asking for her explanation, she asked why she would want to leave a position she was extremely happy to hold and to sell stock she'd only just purchased.

He turned, muttering, "You betrayed me, you the woman I love" and hurriedly left the room, leaving Elle with an eyebrow raised and thinking if he did indeed love her even that appeared to be a problem to him.

She sighed and thought as co-owners of a business that was governed well and profitable she and Donovan appeared a little immature in dealing with their personal relationship. It appeared that faulty communication between them was largely to blame for their emotional mess-ups.

More Coming