Sometimes Dreams Come True

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~~~~~~

"Oh, honey," Mom gushed, as she looked at Kate, "You look radiant, sweetie."

"Thank you," Kate smiled, taking my hand as we sat down on the couch together, "Your son is a good man."

"That's why I'm giving him this," Mom grinned, handing me a small velvet box, "These are your great-grandmother's wedding and engagement rings, Ricky, and I want you to have them."

"Oh, that reminds me, Jennifer," Kate giggled, "I wanted to know if it was alright with you if I called him Ricky, as opposed to just plain old Rick."

"You sweet girl," Mom giggled, placing her palm against Kate beautiful cheek, "You don't need my permission, sweetheart, But I can see why my son loves you so much."

"And if he doesn't, then he's crazy," Dad laughed, as he came into the house through the back door.

"You shut up, Dad," I laughed, "This doesn't concern you."

"Oh, but it does," Dad triumphantly argued, "Because if you don't marry her...I'm gonna tell Mister Kazamatsu."

"Okay, okay," I conceded smiling, "I guess you win this time...Pops."

"Yeah, yeah," Dad laughed, "You call me Pops again, and I'm' going to give you some pops across the head, boy."

"You two hush that arguing this instant," Mom said, "Or I'll skin the both of you."

"Way to go, Jennifer," Kate cheered, teasing us, "Don't take any shit."

"You be quiet," I teased smiling, "She doesn't need your help, girlie-girl."

"And you leave her alone, Mister Smart Ass," Mom said, protectively pulling Kate into her arms, "You seem to forget whose house you're in."

"Yes, ma'am," I smiled, enjoying how Mom and Dad had now taken Kate in as one of their own. It was also then that I knew that my beautiful Kate had now become, and would forever be, a permanent part of my life.

~~~~~~

The next day found Kate and me at the beach. We'd found a secluded cove, which surprisingly, no one must've known about, because it was as desolate as could be.

And when I brought it to Kate's attention, she simply gave me a lustful smile, and said, "Good, because now you can fuck me out in the open."

"Uh, oh," I chuckled, "It looks like I've created a monster."

"Only for you, baby," Kate purred, rubbing up against me as we lay in the sun, "Only for you."

"I love you, Kate," I whispered into her ear, "I love you with all my heart."

"Mmm," she cooed, "Make love to me, Ricky...and I want it nice and slow this time."

So, I proceeded to fulfill her sweet request, going as slowly and as gently as was humanly possible. We laid together in the shade of three small palm trees there within the solitude and protection of the cove we'd stumbled upon; and made slow and tender love.

~~~~~~

"Did you two have a nice time at the beach?" Mom knowingly smiled, upon our return home, "It sure was a pretty day, today."

"Yes, it was," Kate smiled, placing her palm against my cheek, "And we had a wonderful time together."

~~~~~~

Later that night, after everyone had gone to bed, I awoke to the sensation of Kate's gentle breath as it blew tenderly across my skin. I tried to go back to sleep, but something wasn't letting me so; as opposed to waking my beautiful Kate from her slumber, I gently eased myself out of bed and made my way down the hall. I ended up in the kitchen where I poured myself something to drink, as well as helped myself to a second piece of the coconut crème pie Mom had made earlier that evening.

~~~~~~

Chapter Five

I sat out on the back patio eating my piece of pie and sipping some apple juice that Mom had in the refrigerator, when out of nowhere, I heard Mom's voice say, "You should be asleep, son, you guys have to drive back to school tomorrow."

"Hi, Mom," I replied, as she came to sit beside me at the patio table, "What're you doing awake at this hour?"

"I heard you stirring in the kitchen, sweetie," she smiled, "And I just wanted to make sure that you were alright."

"I'm okay," I grinned, "I've got something on my mind is all."

"It wouldn't, by any chance, have something to do with that pretty girl asleep in your room," she knowingly asked, "Now, would it?"

"Yeah," I admitted, "How is it that you always know what's bothering me? You've been that way my whole life."

"Because I know my own son," she tenderly replied, gently rubbing my cheek, "And I know when something's bothering you, baby. So, do you wanna tell me what's got you awake at this hour of the morning?"

"You're right," I told her, "It's Kate."

"What about her?" Mom soothed, "You can tell me anything, son, I hope you know that?"

"I know, Mom," I gently replied, "It's just that...she's so beautiful and could have any guy she wanted...I guess what I'm wondering is why she chose me."

Before Mom could reply, we heard Kate's voice behind us say, "Because I love you, silly boy," and then she came around to my side of the table and sat in my lap.

"What're you doing awake at this hour, sweetie?" I asked, gently kissing her face.

"Because there's an empty spot in the bed where my boyfriend is supposed to be," she sweetly replied, "So, I got up to come find you, baby."

"Would you like a cup of hot cocoa, pretty girl?" Mom asked smiling, "I was going to make some for me any way so; it's no trouble."

"That would be nice," Kate grinned, climbing from my lap to sit in the chair next to mine, "Thank you, Jennifer."

~~~~~~

"What time are you two planning on heading back?" Mom asked, while we drank our cocoa.

"I figured we could leave here around three o'clock in the afternoon and still make it back before it gets dark," I said, turning to Kate, "What do you think, sweetheart?"

"That sounds good to me, baby," Kate yawned, "But can we go back to bed? I'm still sleepy."

~~~~~~

"It was so nice to meet you, baby girl," Mom said, hugging Kate as we were getting ready to head back to college the following afternoon, "You make Ricky bring you back here more often, okay?"

"Yes ma'am, I will," Kate smiled, returning Mom's hug, "I have a feeling that you'll be seeing a lot more of me in the future..."

~~~~~~

"I love your parents so much," Kate said, as I drove us back to college, "I can tell that they really love you."

"They're great people," I proudly replied, "And I love them almost as much as I love you."

"Aw Ricky," she sniffled, tears now raining down her face, "I love you so much. I love you with all of my heart, and I can't imagine ever being with anyone but you."

"This is supposed to a happy time," I said, alarmed by her tears, "Why are you crying, baby?"

And it was at that moment in time that Kate began the process of finally trusting me enough to truly pour her heart out to me.

My beautiful Kate, with tears brimming on the edge of her beautiful eye lids, sadly began telling me of her brother, Kyle, "When I was a little girl my big brother, Kyle, was always there to look after me," by this time the tears began rolling down her cheeks by the bucketfuls as she continued, "He was always there for me for as far back as I can remember. I was old enough to understand what was going on when he got drafted; and I thought my heart was going to explode..."

"...You see, my big brother and I were as close as could be, even when I was a little girl and was being a brat around him and his friends, he was still very kind and gentle to me as opposed to scolding me as I'd seen most of my friend's older siblings treat them. Then when we got the news that he'd been killed at Khe Sahn; my whole world stopped. I couldn't eat; and I couldn't sleep. Then one day I met this beautifully shy boy who took up for me, even though he didn't know me at all. It was then that I realized that God was giving me a second chance to live again. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that you brought me back from the edge of the abyss, Rick, and I love you so much," she couldn't continue speaking for crying so; I simply put my arm around her and held her tightly against me.

"Shh," I gently soothed, holding one arm around her as I drove with the other, "I love you, too, and I promise to always be there for you and never ever leave you."

"Do you mean that?" she asked, looking up at me with those beautiful, but sad blue eyes.

"With all my heart, sweetie," I tenderly replied, "With all my heart."

"I love you, Rick..."

~~~~~~

That night found us sleeping together in my bed not only because Kate's room mate, Sara, sweetly informed us that she wanted my room mate, Mike, to spend the night with her, but more so because of the fact that I had, only moments before, told her that I would never leave her, and God provided me with the opportunity that night to show my beautiful Kate just how much I meant what I'd promised her.

~~~~~~

That next afternoon found me walking across campus to my history class, when all of a sudden; I heard someone call my name. I looked up just in time to see Eddie Ross grinning at me right before a football hit me square between the eyes, knocking me back onto my ass. Because my vision had immediately blurred, and also from the way my nose was stinging and sharply burning, I was certain that it had been broken.

I tried to get to my feet, but the hard kicks and punches that began raining down upon me from several different directions, had me slightly hindered, but only momentarily.

Kazamatsu had trained me to trust my ears by fighting blindfolded, an exercise which I had become not only very familiar with by that time, but very good at as well...damn good, even if I say so myself. Once I was on my feet and regained control of the rest of my other senses, I spoke up and said, "Okay asshole, now that I can't see you, do your best, but be forewarned; I'm tired of fucking around with you dickheads, and somebody's gonna get seriously hurt this time, you can make book on it"

That was the day to be forever thankful for Kazamatsu and his teachings...and also the day that I became a man, pure and honorable. I was later told that, even though I'd been temporarily blinded, and before five male teachers could break it up, I still managed to break three arms, as well as shattering four knees, Eddie Ross' knee being one of them, while also at the same time, forever ruining the athletic careers of all who were involved.

Make no mistake in understanding that I took no pleasure in what I'd done to those guys, but six people against one stacks the deck a little, wouldn't you say? Besides, what took place in Kazamatsu's presence later, more than justified the reasons why I'd used the harsh methods I'd been forced to employ in order to defend myself.

~~~~~~

"What're you trying to do," Kate scolded, as she cleaned the blood off of my face, "Get yourself killed?"

"No," I firmly replied, very gently rubbing my eyes with a hot, wet washcloth as my vision began to clear, "But I'm not going to put up with anymore of their shit, and, this makes the second time those assholes have drawn my blood. Furthermore, I most certainly will not allow these idiots the opportunity to attempt a third time, I promise you."

"I know that you didn't start this, Rick," Kate fearfully replied, her eyes beginning to fill with tears "But I'm begging you to please let the police handle this."

"You should listen to what girlfriend say, Ricksan," Mr. Kazamatsu replied, suddenly, and out of nowhere, appearing in the door of my dorm room, surprising Kate and I both, "You already make stupid boys pay for what they do, now come with me, both of you."

"Where are we going?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"You be safe at my house and..."

"Be safe from what?" Kate asked, the fear evident in not only her eyes, but also in the tears which, at that particular point in time, began to well up once again in those beautiful blue eyes.

"You no worry, Katesan," Mr. Kazamatsu gently smiled, while playfully cuffing me on the back of my head with a rolled up newspaper, "Ricksan take good care of you, no problem."

"I know that Rick will take great care of me and I'm not worried about anything," Kate sweetly told him, "However, I need to tell you...now that Eddie's career is finished, him and those other jerks are gonna come looking for vengeance......and it means that they will most definitely be coming after Rick in full force."

"It sounds like this guy can't take no for an answer," I said, "Either that, or he's gone mental and has more issues than Reader's Digest."

"Oh Rick," she began to giggle, "That is so wrong."

"What did you do to him?" I teased, "I mean I understand the effect you have on men, as in...every time you walk into a room, bar none, every male head turns to watch you walk by them on your way to your table."

"Stop it, Ricky," Kate blushed, in front of Mr. Kazamatsu, making him smile at her discomfort, "You're embarrassing me, baby."

"Don't worry, sweetie," I smiled, taking her hand, "You're going to be alright, Kate, I promise."

~~~~~~

TWO DAYS LATER

It was around five in the afternoon and I'd just arrived back from class when Police Detective Virgil Andrews knocked on my door. And after ushering him in, I extended him an invitation to have a seat, which he took, at my desk.

"What can I do for you, Detective?" I asked, once we were settled, "I'm sure you're here about the fracas that occurred here on campus a couple of days ago."

"You like to get right to the point," Detective Andrews replied, "I like that in a person...okay then, here it is. Where were you last night at nine o'clock?"

"I was right here in my dorm room the whole night," I told him, "My girlfriend can back me up because she was right here with me...why?"

"Eddie Ross' body was found floating face down in the river around nine-thirty last night," he grimly replied, "He'd been shot twice in the back of the head with a small caliber weapon, more than likely a twenty-two pistol, and his hands had been tied behind him, execution style, which makes me think it was a professional hit."

"Oh, my God," Kate suddenly gasped from the doorway, "Who would do such a horrible thing?"

"Well, all my life, my first impressions of people has never been wrong," Detective Andrews said, "And my instincts are telling me that you're innocent, Mister Parker."

"So; what happens next?" I curiously inquired, "I mean...are you going to arrest me, and then book and fingerprint me?"

"Why would I do that," he laughed, "You haven't done anything illegal, have you?"

"No, sir, not at all," I replied, "I just figured that because of the ass whipping that I gave Eddie a few days ago, I would more than likely be your primary suspect."

"He's been with me the whole time," Kate adamantly replied, "And I know of at least four people that can back me up, too."

"Calm down, little lady," Detective Andrews smiled, "I'm only here to get statements from the both of you, especially since you've had recent altercations with the departed."

"What do you want to know?" Kate asked.

"Let's start with the deceased," he began, "What kind of person was he?"

"I'm not trying to speak ill of the dead, but the truth is the truth; and he was an asshole," I emotionlessly replied, "Furthermore, he was also a bully who enjoyed picking on smaller, weaker people."

"That's right," Kate added, "And if you ask me, he got what he damn well deserved."

"Unfortunately, that's not for any of us to say," Detective Andrews said, as he stood up, "But I will find out who did this, rest assured."

"Is there anything else that you need from us?" I asked.

"No," he smiled, "I think that'll do for now, but I ask that you don't leave town for any reason...at least until we get this mess cleaned up, alright?"

"I'll be right here," I told him, "Or in class if you need me."

"Good enough," he smiled, shaking my hand, "I guess that's it...you two take care and stay safe."

"Yes, sir, we sure will" I replied, "You do the same."

~~~~~~

"Wow," Kate said, after the detective left, "That's wild what happened to Eddie Ross."

"Yeah," I uneasily said, "But that also means that whoever killed him might come after me, too."

"Now, why would they do that?" Kate asked, "You haven't done anything to anyone."

"Maybe not," I told her, "But that doesn't mean shit if Eddie Ross was involved in something illegal or, God forbid, he had mob connections, and that's what it looks like to me because of the way he was killed."

"That's bullshit; he was too stupid for something like that," Kate spat, "Besides, the mob disbanded when Joseph "Joey Boy" Palone got put in prison where he later died so; that doesn't make any sense."

"Don't kid yourself one bit where the mob is concerned," I warned her, "Even though Joey Palone is gone, that doesn't mean the Palone Family died with him, trust me, sweetie. They're still out there."

"I'm afraid, Rick," Kate began to cry, "I'd die if something happened to you."

"Hey now," I soothed her, pulling her into my arms, "Nothing's going to happen to me...okay?"

"If you say so, then I believe you," she sniffled, "But I'm still afraid."

"Don't be," I smiled, my arms still around her, "There's nothing for you to worry about, I promise."

~~~~~~

Kate had to work at her family's restaurant that night, and as usual; I was there to eat dinner. Her parents, Roger and Sandy, had come to mean as much to me as my own mother and father; and in doing so; every time I went to the restaurant to eat, I was allowed into the kitchen to fix my own plate of whatever I wanted.

That night as I sat eating dinner, I was talking to Roger when, out of nowhere, a lady of about fifty, or so, walked up to my table and said, "You're name is Rick Parker isn't it?"

"Yes, ma'am," I kindly replied, "Can I help you?"

"Her name is Glenda Ross, Rick, as in; she's Eddie's mother," Roger suddenly, as well as defensively replied, "What can I do for you, Glenda?"

Her facial features, which at first looked tired and sad, suddenly turned to an evil rage as she swiftly advanced toward me, and tried placing her hands around my throat, and then while standing in front of everyone in the restaurant, she loudly screeched, "YOU'RE THE REASON THAT MY BABY IS DEAD, YOU SONOFABITCH!!!!!"

"Whoa, wait a minute," I replied standing, as Roger held her off of me, "I had nothing to do with it, Missus Ross."

But as opposed to saying anything in reply, she simply began to cry, causing Roger to let go of her while she turned and walked away, her shoulders shaking violently as she sobbed.

"Poor thing," Roger quietly said, tears beginning to fill his eyes, "I know how she feels, Rick, and..."

"It's alright now," I gently interrupted, placing my hand on his shoulder, making him look at me, "It's going to be just fine, I promise."

~~~~~~

The next day after my political science class, I discovered the beginnings of a turning point in my life. Because I had that class every day at the same time and because it was also my last class of the day, I always liked to work out in the gym afterward.

~~~~~~

I was working the speed bag when this guy who I'd seen in my Physics class approached me, also in sweats, and said, "Hey man, isn't your name Rick Parker?"

"Yeah," I smiled, "You're in my Physics class, aren't you?"

"Yes, I'm Tom Johnson," he grinned, "I also know your room mate, Mike Kelly. He and I went to high school together."

"Cool, "I'll bet you know a lot more about that crazy bastard than I do," I laughed, "All bullshit aside though, Mike's a great guy."

"He sure is," Tom smiled, "He saved my life when we were little."

And when I asked him about it, Tom went on to tell me that Mike had saved him from drowning when he fell into a river. He said that Mike jumped in and pulled him to safety, risking his own life in the process. Needless to say, I looked at my room mate differently from that day forward.

~~~~~~

That night, which was Friday, found me at the restaurant waiting for Kate to get off work. Roger had promised her that she would be allowed to leave early. It was around eight o'clock in the evening and the "dinner rush" had thinned out to all but a few tables. I was standing besides the cash register talking to Sandy when two men dressed in ski-masks and brandishing hand-guns rushed through the front door.

1...34567...14