All Comments on 'Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 118 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
was the setting in the 1960's?

HIV is not a death sentence, im confused as to why the characters acted like it was

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago
Wow - Great story with a twist!

You're one of my "go-to" writers in this genre and never disappoint. I thought it was going to be a short story at the beginning. It was great, but then you twisted the reader 90 degrees and we were off and running again. Thanks for the great work and entertainment! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I thought it went from great to good

With Taylor's late story reaction. Simply not necessary

RSKY54RSKY54about 3 years ago
Very Good

Just enough different from other stories to be unique. No wild weird revenge, no unbelievable storyline, no Navy SEALS. Just normal people.

Good story and good effort.

RSKY

mainer42mainer42about 3 years ago

you tell a good story sir. Well done

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 3 years ago
Let there be light.

Well it covered all bases, from gloom and doom to a new day filled with a bright future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The change in the story was like a turning on a light switch in in a pitch black room! A very good story, one that should be enjoyed by all. Thank you.

somewhere east of Omaha

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
1st page, near bottom

¿¿¿ Marty = Manny ??? I’m pretty sure, like 99%, but not positive on that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interesting take on story trope of friend misleading friend to cheat.

4-stars

JacktacularJacktacularabout 3 years ago
Wonderful

This is what a story should be I think. Powerful. Makes you think, feel and react as you read it. The emotions you try to portray are extreme but also very real. So like or dislike, the reactions you get from your readers are also just as real.

I do have one request, I’ve finally written something myself and would love your feedback if you got the chance. You’re one of the writers I love to read and it would mean a lot

Thanks

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Great story! I'll say it again: people writing on this site are generally 1000% better than the idiots writing for media and Hollywood, especially stupid NETFLIX! Five Stars, only because more is not an option. Fantastic!!!

AbctoyAbctoyabout 3 years ago
Good read

Well written.

likeboblikebobabout 3 years ago

IMHO this started out as a good action packed story but petered out quickly. The last three fourths was sappy crap.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77about 3 years ago

Different, but entertaining. 5 stars.

DazzyDDazzyDabout 3 years ago

Stupid is as stupid does. Excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
This is a warning

To those who are wimpy husbands who loves to be a cuck and pushes their once virtuous wives into despicable cheap cum dumps. You (wanna be cucks and current cucks) are destroying the lives not only of your once faithful wife BUT also other people's (stupid lover-husbands of your wife) physical being and marriages and endangering their families' (esp. children) health as your penis-hungry wife have sex with a lot of gullible men, one of them could be HIV or other health debilitating-disease carriers and your slut wife(/wives) will pass the disease to other gullible men. There was a reason you know why monogamy was the norm and fornication was an abomination but now a days deviant sexual behaviors are being praised and encouraged upon by stupid people as lot of readers here in LW. Thanks author. Gave this 4 star.

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago
You botched the ending

It took the story from a 5 to a 3. Not that they got back together but how they did it. You never had him tell her that he told his wife and she ageesd it would have made no difference. And her placing a condition rather than a request on getting back together was a deal breaker for me.

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 3 years ago

5***** Well written story with good dark tones despite a few punctuation errors. A classic "You reap what you sow" story which for the cheaters had short term, deadly consequences. Write On!

njlaurennjlaurenabout 3 years ago
This story has been done before

The whole HIV thing is an antique by now, w Shannon there are drugs now that if you take them shortly after exposure you won't be hiv positive, plus new drugs have made HIV a chronic disease nit a death sentence, that is many years out if date. While it is possible to get HIV the way Will did, it is extremely difficult to get it that way.

TechumsahTechumsahabout 3 years ago
Wow

Figured after the first page it was going to be to dark to be turned around. Glad I was wrong great story as always. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Well....OK....

This was like 3 stories in one....

The first page could have stood alone as a sad cheating tragedy.

The next 2 pages were going great as he found a new love.....

Then it went off the rails with the breakup. It was like you got tired of writing.

That ending dropped it to just 3***

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Nope.

The HIV premise doesn't work today, so the plot simply fails. Authors also need to give up ignorant, feminist pronoun usage. It's confusing and illiterate. "Their" is NOT an acceptable substitute for "his" or "her", nor is "they" an acceptable substitute for "he" or "she". If you somehow think there is something ideologically correct about these illiterate usages, then you might as well start littering stories with "hir", "zir", or any of the other butcheries of English that the feminist/gender left want to foist on society.

I've read far better stories by you.

oldsage_1oldsage_1about 3 years ago

Great story up to the last dozen or so lines. Not sure where Taylor was coming from with her off the rails reaction to Manny's revaluation of his last words with Shannon? And who shot Harrison? Liked the concept cheating wife gets burned ala Loving Wives genre followed by a tentative slow building love story cruising to a happy ending. Then went off the rails and ended too abruptly to save the damage.

Love your work but have to rate this on 4 stars, above average liked it but didn't love it.

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
After I started to look at authors in Literotica...

You have quickly been ranked in my top 5 authors. I think what most critics failed to understand is that with 6.5 billion people on this planet, there are billions of ways that relationships end and new ones begin. I don't rate stories, I rate authors and I've read your stories many times over. Thank you for another. It is a great story.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

I'll have to agree with other commenters. HIV is no longer an automatic death sentence. That fact took a lot away from the story.

Bh76Bh76about 3 years agoAuthor

Man, two stories in a row where I have to delete a comment and I’ve never done that. I won’t allow racist crap to be posted in comments nor over the top attacks on other commenters. I appreciate everyone who reads and leaves comments. Thanks!

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago
Decent different tale...and facts.

Little bit different and yes dark in places, but highly believable. A decent tale as said and thank you. (A commentator asked sarcastically if it was set in the 60's...there was no knowledge of HIV then, AIDS was discovered in 1981 and HIV as it's cause not confirmed until late 80's. Many people with it died during the 80's and 90's. As some commentators have mentioned HIV is not an automatic death sentence today but still extremely dangerous, highly infectious and very unpleasant.There are meds for helping mitigate symptoms following exposure but there is not a magic pill after exposure that makes it go away).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
HIV

Whether HIV is a terminal disease or ‘chronic’ disease is irrelevant - would you want it? Would you get involved with someone who had it? Would you find it easy to date, get health insurance etc? Have kids? Not likely so anytime commenting on it is talking out their ass, just saying.

tazz317tazz317about 3 years ago
THE PUDDING TURNED AROUND TO HEAD OFF THE PROOF

while the outcome remains unburdened by any pleasure. TK U MLJ LV NV

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 3 years ago
Start Was Rough

I usually am unhappy when a story starts out with with nothing but paragraphs of narrative. Here, the conversation between Hubby and Will was used heavily ... good, except I had to read it a second time because I knew who Shannon was, but I didn’t know if Maddie was a different character, or a nickname for Vanessa. And then, I thought the author had traded identities for Vanessa and Shannon. It wasn’t until a bit later that Maddie cleared up as Hubby’s young daughter. Fortunately, it got better after that ... but there were several later cases in which ambiguity reigned for a paragraph or so!

4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I think its a cultural thing, or maybe a warrior thing?

If you are put off by the word or the concept of a warrior then you are already too insecure or timid to relate to what follows.

A good marriage is base on love, yes, but mostly respect and commitment. If your spouse does not have 100% confidence in your self respect and your commitment then the marriage is weakened and in peril. Manny contributed to Shannon becoming a slut because Shannon really thought she was stronger and more determined than her husband. Who's fault is that? Shannon thought she could get away with fucking over Manny, who's fault is that? Why didn't Shannon live in fear that if she fucked around on Manny someone would be dead and her husband would be in prison? A warrior doesn't go around killing people for no reason. A warrior will kill in a heart beat and without regret for the right reasons.

Shannon ended up being the warrior, and Manny was a pussy. Manny got what Shannon thought he would settle for. Who's fault is that? Why did Manny even let his wife, yes LET his wife be friends with a wanton guiltless whore? And he was surprised that Shannon was influenced more by her whore friend than her own husband? Who's fault is that?

Taylor isn't afraid of Manny, she just doesn't respect him very much, instinctively. Hopefully she's wise up before she makes an even bigger mistake.

Thanks for the effort.

johnadpjohnadpabout 3 years ago
HIV Is Extremely Difficult To Transmit & Life Expectancy Is Very High Now

The drug cocktail that people take drops down the viral load in the body to such a degree it becomes untraceable. In fact, the CDC says under those conditions people can have sex and not transmit it to others. Also, life expectancy these days for someone with HIV is almost the same as someone without.

Second, it is extremely difficult to get HIV from licking another man's cum. I knew this to be true, but looked it up, and a study shows that swallowing the sperm of an HIV positive person there is only 0.04% chance of getting HIV yourself. Impossible, no! But extremely unlikely. That's 99.96% chance unlikely! This was in Will's case.

Third, the odds of a woman getting HIV from an infected male who comes inside her it's 1.43%. It is really difficult to get HIV, unlike some other STD's. You literally need blood to blood exposure, or semen to blood. So, it was 98.57% chance that Shannon did not get HIV from Harlan (and nearly impossible from Vivian). So, the whole murderous spree by Shannon was for nothing.

I'm not saying this to poopoo the author, but I know when I read something I prefer to know if it was accurate or not. So, just passing it on as informational purposes. When I first started having sex it was before the HIV cocktails were around and I did my research as AIDS was really scary back then.

KoxokKoxokabout 3 years ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Manny’s been through a lot but Taylor is the one who needs to talk to someone. Seems like She gets concerned about something and Manny is supposed to act so she’ll feel better. She won’t listen to him but will listen to Helen? I know Manny loves her, but this is BS. This is not a critique of the writing or story quality, just of Taylor. My ex was bull-headed and worried way too much as well so I know how frustrating it can be to deal with.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Mmmmmm..

Good story and love the dodgeball reference. Understood his wife and her actions after finding out she had HIV. An understanding mother in law now that's just unbelievable fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

@BaggyUK

Ebola or SARS-Cov2 is "highly infectious", any disease that needs an exchange of bodily fluids for transmission to take place e.g. HIV is not. You also are very unlucky if a single exposure infects you.

The problem is that because it targets your immune system it is very hard to treat and is almost always eventually fatal.

That said there are other viruses that almost as bad, e.g. Hepatitis C.

Still, I mostly enjoyed the story, but the ending was a bit rushed.

SouthdownSouthdownabout 3 years ago
I'm not sold 'johnadp'

I respect your opinion 'johnadp' but I would NEVER trust that someone who had HIV couldn't transmit it whatever medication they were taking! ('Big Pharma' are not known for their accuracy in advertising nor for their integrity) also when considering having sex with someone any risk of getting HIV is not worth it. Anyway, this is a story and not, as one author often warns, is not a docu-drama! Good story 'bh76' Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Twice in a quarter page.

In all of the thin, cliche’d “Unwilling cuck restores his dignity” stories, there’s always the cute, demure girl, usually a redhead, that’s a cog in the machinery used to reclaim his worth and his manhood.

However, far too often there’s a trite phrase used that makes me want to blow my brains out.

“Thank you, kind sir.” And it’s variants.

No score given to this story.

1 bombs for anything hereafter using that phrase.

~Enkidu

PowersworderPowersworderabout 3 years ago

An interesting story 5*.

I liked that it started with the immediate aftermath of her infidelity, rather than the husband being an amateur P.I. for 3/4 of the story.

I also disagree with all the comments saying HIV is not a big deal. If my wife cheated on me and caught HIV, I'd treat her like a plague-ridden leper, and refuse to ever touch her again. Reconciliation? You've got to be kidding me.

Even if HIV is no longer the death sentence it used to be, it's still a devastating disease that has a huge impact on your life. You have to disclose that you're infected to any future partner and who in their right mind would date someone carrying that? I'd never have sex with someone who was infected... why risk your health just to get laid?

You're kidding yourself if you think that this view isn't held by the vast majority of people. That's why Shannon killed herself, rather than live with the shame, guilt, disgust, and humiliation.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Great story

I enjoyed your story very much. The cheating, threats, and lack of trust killed the marriage, not withstanding the HIV possibility. Shannon was upset about the HIV, and obviously didn’t have JohnnyA’s knowledge of the disease’s treatment and outcomes. She knew Manny, rightfully, would never touch her a again, and she blamed Vanessa for that. She decided to take the easy way out, and took Vanessa as she had promised. Apparently this was the only promise she ever kept. I gave you an extra point for offing Harrison, and giving Manny a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
She found out...

...about her sex partners HIV+ on time. The writer should had known that she could had gone to the hospital right away and get some meds that could had prevented her from becoming HIV+. Also that is not a dead sentence anymore. The whole story is very stupid. You should had ended it on the first page.

The rest of the 3 pages are garbage. Sorry about this one. I will give you * because I can't give you -*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
tripe

It was a fairly decent story until the end. It seems shallow. The woman seems shallow with the lack of belief in the person she supposedly "got to know" and slept with.

The crux of "not making friends" seems shallow as a point of contention for throwing the children into the mix. I suppose this comes from the belief that a single man isn't enough to raise a child by himself, or some inane misandrous reason (surprised the State "family" agency didn't remove the child from his home...). Apparently the author is unaware of an old TV show called "Eddie's Father" (70's era).

I think he would have been happier with the mother-in-law... she didn't doubt him.

There was no paragraphs about his getting his gun back. This needs to be addressed as the gun-grabbers will want to make a big stink about defensive weaponry. The AIDS fans have too much time on their hands pushing their propaganda on the mentally weak. Aids is what helps keep marriages together (hint: you don't get it when you act accordingly with the vows). Like I said, it was a decent story to start, the ending needs work.

Smokepole

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 3 years ago

Hm, 1 page "Loving Wife", 3 pages "Romance". It's time for LIT to allow at least 2 categorys per story.

The story is pretty good. But do I understand correctly, the wife never knew if she was HIV positiv at all? She just got informed, that she was exposed to someone with HIV?

patilliepatillieabout 3 years ago
The problem I have

is that HIV hasnt been a fatal disease for many years. Magic Johnson anyone? They have a cocktail of drugs that reduces the viral load to undetectible levels, I hear you can even have sex without protection at this point. so the whole premise of the story was flawed, or just fantasy, so I am out.

Flar1958Flar1958about 3 years ago
3*

For sticking to your story. But not reaching out to stop to have sex bad choise. He let her have her way because its her body? What about the daughter? Ever revenge to the man and grieve to the children. In such case you run to stop or try to stop, he knows

where she is its not in anoymous Hotel its the home of Vanessa and how🤔?

(Never mention him again. ) in this state you break a door to stop! But he did nothing and did it again at her last day, to me its guilty to not help. Taylor is right you can t trust him.

Myhands316Myhands316about 3 years ago

Okay, as a story, it's not bad... not good either but not bad. A little more into character development it it could be good. Now, as for the critics who feel the need to bisect every word use and sentence structure... I never knew there were so many frustrated English Majors out there. Get a grip... it is a FREE Story. And I challenge you, if you don't like it, then write something better! Oh, and he is not obligated to do a damn thing unless she has shared her plan beforehand, which she didn't. He knew by seeing the dead inside look, but the marriage was dead anyway. As for the slime that knowingly passed that along, he got what he disserved. And for the idiots who say AIDS is not a death sentence anymore... He never dated this story and no matter what, she still killed the relationship by breaking his heart, listening to a friend over her husband, and not respecting his "NO". When are people going to understand. Actions have costs. If you don't want or can't afford the cost, then don't do that action. She did the actions. She killed the person who killed her life and then killed herself. She was to blame from the first action to the last. I'm sick of this blame the victim mentality!

Now having said all that, let get back to basics.... IT WAS A STORY! Get over yourselves! If you don't like it, then say, "I don't like this" and go about your day. Or you can say, "I could write something better", and then go out and do it, if you think this shit is so easy. Not every story, especially in this category, is for everyone. Get over it. The author warned you and you read it anyway.

End of rant, since I refuse to even condone to respond to the annoying mice on this site.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerabout 3 years ago
Good story.....

Not great ,but very good. I hate feminazi's that say they can do whatever they want to with their bodies. When talk like that, we get our balls handed to us. Right after lack of communication comes lack of trust, and faithfulness . Pig headed? Grandma had that right. The Bear approves, and feels sorry for the guy. 5 stars. I kept waiting for something shitty to happen. Only the naysayers. Pity.

The BEAR

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Load of crap.

Why is Taylor single if she is that attractive.Also her instincts are right,why would she want to get involved with him a loser who goes around feeling sorry for himself and doesn't like the truth.

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

A nice story that I liked a lot. Above all, the action of the cheating wife was harsh, but still a clear one! She decided what she wanted and she got it. Anyone who has ever seen an HIV patient die can understand this decision. The "new" love is as it is. He is lucky to have a mother-in-law as you characterized her. Without accusation or reproach! I'm looking forward to more from you!

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 3 years ago

"sunny Friday night." lol come on in the first sentence really? idk them nights can be really sunny sometimes u might have a point there

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 3 years ago

if i didnt count the page i would have been looking for another page there that was an abrupt ending there. lol also feel like this should have been in romance the wife part was 1 page the romance was three. idk 3 to 1 just make sense to me for it to be in romance. did enjoy the story though even though the gloss-over with that speed bump u put in with the monster thing. ur a monster a time later and they kiss and make up. idk that problem seemed to be more work than a mother-in-law talk and then a make up kiss

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

THE SLUT TRIED TO KILL HIM...........................

Why in the world should Manny feel any guilt or responsibility for her actions? Hell, as soon as she got the letter from the health department he should have been encouraging her to end it before the onset all the suffering aids victims go through. Yeah, it sucks that poor Maddie would remember that the last month or so of her mother's life, she never touched her. Manny would have had to insist on that condition as a display of parental love and protection. That it would have emotionally devastated the cheating slut would've just been a satisfying side effect.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This author has skills but also a habit of ending stories on a sour note. Nothing about that final conversation on Helen's deck seemed appropriate or rang true. For Taylor to require Manny to resume psychotherapy as a precondition of resuming their relationship was pathetic. Just after he revealed something very personally painful, involving a situation she knew very little about, she called him a "monster" and indicated he posed a danger to her daughter. But he was the one so ill he must have therapy? What a sanctimonious bitch she was at heart. She twice proved herself untrustworthy but Manny kept sniffing her shit and smelling roses.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well, that was a downer. I don't think this new relationship can last. Taylor seems to lack in empathy and expresses a fear that Manny might hurt her daughter. The reconciliation at the end doesn't seem real to me; I doubt she would every truly trust him. Very sad story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Taylor is a bit of a judgmental bitch, quick to think the worst of him. He's better of with someone else.

Though he was also an idiot for telling her, no real sane person would do that. It was just cheap drama.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Helen is an interfering bitch like her slut HIV daughter.

Taylor is a highclass bitch and MANNY IS A CHEAP DESPERATE MAN

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

1 STAR FOR SUCH A STUPID ENDING!

MANNY SHOULD HAVE REFUSED TAYLOR!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

1. The adulterous bitch deserved to die. Taylor's a cunt.

2. "I love you too, Shannon. Forever." Under the circumstances only a weak, needy, unprincipled cuck would say such a thing.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Pretty good but read like LW speed dating

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 3 years ago

Taylor was concerned that people died and blamed him. That was so wrong. Bad people died at each others hands. They should not be missed or mourned by anyone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Taylor finally showed her true nature! Manny should of run the other way when Taylor approached him. She is one scary woman!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What's with you and endings? Wrap up your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Well

The story was good until the author mailed in the ending. It's a shame too.

Good musicians go by the credo do your fan favorite songs both at the beginning and end, sell your latest album in the middle. Favorites or latest hit at the beginning get the fans in the mood. Doing the best songs at the end will have the fans believe it was great performance no matter what happened in the middle where you had to play songs that relatively few cared to hear.

What the author did here was have three good pages at the beginning, add in a conflict (probably to appease some authors' fancy for conflict in a story), and then disappointingly rushed the ending. It's almost like he was forced to put in the conflict, but didn't know what to do with it.

When Taylor ghosted Manny, it's going to take some time for her to fix what she screwed up. She dumped him and it's going to take a little more than a simple "I'm sorry" to get past the hurt. The cutesy ending diminished what was a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Taylor turned on Manny just like a rattler! Manny should have just run away from Taylor since she showed her real colours: Taylor was a bitch! Anyone who purposely infected someone else with HIV deserves the death penalty!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Didn’t like the story. He went from one manipulative bitch, to another one. Trust me, this does not end well. One star, only because you didn’t have him eat the cum out of the current bitches twat, after she cucks him. What a load of crap!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

HIV is no longer a death sentence in this day and age. It's not 1988 anymore. Although it's still uncurable it is treatable to the point of being able to live a long relatively healthy life. Any Google search or hell doctor would tell them so. There are even ways to lower the risk of passing HIV to your baby to almost 0, so childbirth is still even possible. The whole death sentence and drastic measures thing was a solid no for me, although normally I do love your story telling. But I get it its your world and your rules apply, sadly this was a pass for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That's saying you'll never stop a person from anything, whether it's cheating, adultery, suicide or murder. Impossible to say what a person will do if you stop them the first time. Horrible lesson.

Btrying2Btrying2about 2 years ago

Good story full of emotions. Bad people make life difficult not only for them but those around them especially those that rightly or wrongly love them. For those stupid commenters that think humans can turn on and off the emotion of love, you are such a fool. There is an old CW sing that says you cannot make a heart love; conversely you cannot make a heart not love.

I did find Taylor’s reaction to his revelation he thought he knew what Shannon planned surprising. She loves this man and has seen his heart and suddenly finds him repulsive because he might have delayed her suicide snd murdering actions. Poppycock!!! Today tomorrow next week it was happening. She had nothing left to live for because if her bull headlines stupidity. It was happening.

Now that said I would have liked a lot more flesh on the bones of the ending crafted to. Counter balance the stupidity of Taylor’s actions.

Helen is the saint in this story. She sees and knows all and puts others first to gain happiness for those she loves. An emotionally stable and mentally strong woman focused on the well being and good if others. A marvelous person. Loved to meet and possibly love her. Just saying.

Thanks for sharing. Well written and emotionally fulfilling story. Thanks John.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

ridiculous bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

In response to Btring 2 assertion that you can not just turn love off, right on! However, it can happen. True it can't be forced but since I have twice had it happen to me in less than a minute, Love can turn itself off. I agrre withthe rest of what you wrote.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ditch "Taylor" and marry the MIL. She's an adult, unlike Taylor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Utterly boring stuff

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

i hated the turn this story took. this man has just learnt the most difficult lesson not to put all your self worth in a woman and he goes and does it again. when Taylor cheats on him i hope he kill himself quickly, the fucking loser.

and honestly how dare Taylor judge him, what the fuck is wrong with this author

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

@Anonymous Re: Nope - I say "Nope!" to you. You don't have to be woke to see how "their" works much smoother than "his or hers" in many usages.

\

"What do you mean, not willingly? Vanessa told me..." - Why don't they ever ask the husbands?

\

What kind of a "friend" is so jealous of a friend's family that they deliberately set out to destroy it?

\

"Nothing more than parents normally do when their kids are on a play date, I suppose. It's not like I'm going to go after my daughter's teacher, Helen. That's not appropriate." - Why is he acting clueless? He knows what's going on, and seemed okay with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
NFW!

Me, I'd of packed up my stuff, my daughter, and moved far away. No contact with anyone back there, ever, especially family and friends that might give out a phone number or address. The I'd start over, rebuilding our lives.

pummel187pummel187about 2 years ago

ALL ANONYMOUS COMMENTERS CAN SHAMPOO MY FUCKING CROTCH : )

MarkT63MarkT63about 2 years ago

These asshats are anonymous for a reason.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Love will turn off when the love was wasted on a facade rather than the illusion of substance that actions can show was never really there.

Humans are sentient only sick ones keep returning to their abuser. Dogs sure, but not humans without some sickness dependency syndrome.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Manny should not have written back to the tramp Taylor!! What's with the stupid cuck wimp writers who reflect the same characteristics onto their male protagonists!!

How about something new for a fucking change....meeting another woman

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

What cracks me up with all these cuckoldary stories is the male protagonists are always portrayed as hopeless, helpless, useless individuals with no ability to make logical, rational decisions.

In short they turn Men into Women and Women into Men. The Men are Betas and the Women Alphas it's all a fuckload of Cuck Bullshit but hey all you cucks out there enjoy your cream pies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

i see a lot of comments that taylor cheated on him ?

did we read the same story ? cause i mustve skipped that part

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

Could have had a better ending but still a good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Was a good story until Taylor called him a monster. Wtf? Shannon was a nut job. In his place I would have tried to call Shannon just to not have the guilt gnaw at me. Wouldn't have changed things since she had her phone off anyways. Manny is right. Shannon pulled the trigger.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Manny deserves better than the bitch Taylor!! His wife was an arrogant slut who brought about her own demise!! It's pathetic of this cuck writer to make him feel guilty!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hideously dark and twisted beginning. First, what the heck was the promise and why would Manny allow it? Wtf? He didn't give her a hall pass obviously. We get basically little info as to why Shannon would do this. I guess author felt was not pertinent to story. Personally I would have tried to warn her off. The fact she turned off her phone meant her fate was sealed. I couldn't live with the guilt of her dying for her fling. Not built that way. On the other hand Shannon clearly pulled the trigger. I think Taylor went overboard thinking Manny was suddenly a monster. I am glad they reconciled.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I mostly enjoyed this story and gave it a 4. Not a 5 for two reasons. First, the ending was a bit short. An epilog would have been cool. Second, death was too good for the cheaters. They should have been outed, then they should have suffered thru their disease and the ramifications of their cheating.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Far

Far too predictable.Also it is easy to see why Shannon would cheat on him,he is an egotistical arsehole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

woopie do Taylor is going to make everything right , Not . Kick Taylor to the curb as She is scared that you might hit her Daughter .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sadly you made the pain and damage about the HIV and down played the sick and disgusting actions of the wife, almost as if condoning the evil bitchs actions, like it would have all been fine and dandy had they not had HIV. This kind of stuff just gives already self-entitled cheating whores the idea that the wife's actions were not the disgusting evil betrayal THAT THEY WERE! Personally I think they all should have had the exact same thing happen to them all just because of their actions and nothing else. Too many good men are betrayed and emotionally destroyed because of the actions of delusional women these days, because society doesn't hold them accountable for their actions - why women are so delusional nowadays.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

As a recovering Reality Nazi, I can accept that each story exists in its own reality, and if the author decides that HIV is a death sentence, then so be it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

"Manny was glad she could get afternoons off" - If she owns the company, getting any time off shouldn't be an issue.

\

"Nuh-uh. Not in front of the girls yet," - Why not? She slept over for god's sake!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Taylor Winters can go fuck herself. That skank Shannon deserved what she got!! HER mother is an interfering bitch!!

Manny is a weak pathetic man who should grow some balls with Taylor

DomFckrDomFckrover 1 year ago

Rollo Tomassi in his books about Real Men has pointed out there are 2 things in life that can Zero out a Man no matter how high on the scale he has gone and that is; 1) To Lose your long standing Career all at once, and 2) is to Lose a Mariage especially from Infidelity. These will crush a Man and he may or may nor recover as the MGTOW movement shows and sometimes even years of counseling do not resolve it. Some men take the Red Pill and some even go so far as to become Chad or Tyrone and Never go beyond a "Situational" or relationship Without a Marriage certificate. Some even put women in their place making them submissive and using the entire women's movement against them as they want to be empower biotches that can fuck so they do just that and leave or discard them afterwards. Over the Christmas weekend a friend who was married for 20+ years and had a good career, a house, a nice newer truck and even had a bass boat and Harley was told by his wife she was leaving him for another man and was telling him she was going to divorce him. Just like Shannon she didn't give him a choice or chance and like 80% of all Divoces are initiated by women my friend became a statistic. Sadly he then became another as Over 100+ Men at 4 times the rate of women ended up making the worst decision as he Self-Deleted himself in the garage. He wasn't my closet fiend but still a guy i knew enough to get together with once a month or so with some other guys. Interestingly one of our Good mutual friends has HIV and luckily is in remission but I know his immune system is shot and he has had covid, pneumonia, multiple flus and other issues but tries to keep his head up as I have known him for over 35 years and he is a dear person who had some risky behavior back in the day and he carries that with him forever. It doesn't diminish him and he is honest with friends and has a Lover who is understanding and knowledgeable but obviously it i much more risky in so many ways. People react differently in different situations and the worst is Judging a piece of fiction like as if it is a True story. And even if it was true who is too say what i right or wrong as We do NOT know the whole story; only the side we are told and it was told to invoke a Reaction. Just if I said my Bitch ex-wife cheated on me with a younger man and then when he kicked her to the curb months later and she asked to come back I told her: "I will always Love you to the day I die; but I can Never Trust you again thus I could Never stay married to you" and then of course she got mad and acted vindictive and tied to turn the kids against me especially when she saw me start dating years later even though she was already seeing another man. So to most se is a Lying Bitch while to some she is their friend. Sometimes God and Karma and just life work in funny or mysterious ways some good and some bad as it isn't all a fairy tale or a tragic end either. And sometimes others have good intentions and it works out and sometimes not as i had 6 dates last year set up by friends and wives of friends who thought they had "The perfect person for me" and while some were good none was a good fit with my heart and at the time. So be Happy this story had a happy ending and MOST of ALL that this is a Great enough Author to Invoke such Emotions in people as That is the sign of a Great Writer even if the facts are messy or offensive to some. Allot of Passionate comments are a MAJOR Plus and makes me want to Follow that much more.. Oh and I'm just a upper middle class Construction company owner with a couple of degrees and traveled the world and 48 of 50 states and done more things then most do in their Entire Lives Literotica is MY porn as it stirs my imagination and makes me envision and live thru the written words all my Greatest and at times naughtiest of thoughts, desires and fantasies some of which i will do and some I would never do. I wish I was as simple as Manny and could find a Taylor but I am far ahead of him and she might not be enough although I do like Redheads almost as much as Blondes. Be Good, Enjoy and Don't regret what you do forge ahead and face and walk thru your Fears and Learn from your Failures as they will turn into your Greatest successes as Life is a Journey of Pain and suffering and it's all in how you handle it and whether you can get back up and "Keep Punching" as my Uncle would say, as the other one would say: "See ya later, Alligator"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

80% of all divorces are initiated by women? Do tell...

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 1 year ago

Both as a writer and reader I find it intriguing how viscerally involved people get in even a short story like this one. The remarks that ooze outrage and drip loathing for the characters are especially revealing. I am not a psychoanalyst, but the degree of animus these little tales bring out does have me wondering about the emotional stability of some of our readers. This seems especially true of Anons. Ease off, folks, and just enjoy the story or reject it if you must, but try to tap down the bile before it affects those around you! It is not reality, it is fiction.

MarrttyMarrttyabout 1 year ago

Liked the story, fairly well done. Women do file for over 3 quarters of all divorces in the us .

The love interest a little lacking. It is hard to write a compelling female. In this case other than physical beauty and caring about her wards, she really offers little. She is ruled by fears and imagination. Her precautions about the HIV were a little over the top. If he were hiv positive, the condoms would do little. The other physical contact while not as risky, by far, still would be unsafe. Same with other STDs unless your just going for strait banging with zero for play or oral the condoms do on ly poor birth control. Google genital warts on men's mouths. Dumping him that quickly for his x wife's sins in an evil act. But still pretty good story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I gave this story 1 star. While the idea behind the story arc is good, spreading those myth about HIV simply shows that the author didn't want to spent some time getting his facts straight.

1. HIV doesn't spread so easy, so the chance of getting it with oral sex is almost none existing. And no you can't get it from hugging or kissing!

2. After the exposure the wife could have started a HIV treatment up to 48h after the exposure to lower the contamination risk by 80%.

3. Today with modern treatment you don't die from HIV and while you take your medis (for example Truvada) you can even have unprotected sex again without fear of spreading the virus. So today living with HIV is just like living with a chronical disease like diabetes. As long as you take your medis and live a healthy lifestyle you can almost get as old as people without HIV.

So what this story and lots of the comments show, is a big lack of education! So my recommendation would be, vote for public healthcare and don't listen to some lumberjack preachers who don't know what they are talking about.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Though I only gave it one star as well it was not over stupid semantics like captain HIV below, and sorry but to get all triggered over the little details is a sign of very low intellect and narcissism. For those with greater ability to see the entire scope of the story, what rubs me the wrong way is how women make decisions and once made refuse to listen, unwilling to accept anything be it proof or statement they will not listen to reason until they're either shocked out of it or a lot of time has passed and they've come down . It is their self-entitlement, need to be right, control issues that cause the downfall of so many good men, add to that they tend to take anyone's advice over their husbands out of some sick need to show their dominance.

shadrachtshadracht10 months ago

A lot of this was good, but the ending was unearned. Her "forgiving" him was fine, but his just rolling over and allowing her back in after she unilaterally dropped him - after being burned so badly by his late wife, how could he trust Taylor to not capriciously decide that something *else* was worth ghosting him over? That turn around way WAY too quickly.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Really dark. Taylor came off as very judgemental at the end, totally ghosting Manny. I get that she had to think of her daughter, but seriously? Like that?

doctrptdoctrpt7 months ago

A compendium of horrible decisions by unpleasant people put Manny and his daughter in a terrible spot. Taylor wants to help, then makes a horrible judgement of Manny when she never met the wife who created the whole issue. Manny and his daughter would be better off without the judgemental, holier than thou attitude from Taylor. I sense bad things in their future, love or not.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...

SIMILAR Stories