All Comments on 'Songs of Seduction - Fire and Ice'

by ElectricBlue

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
JasonClearwaterJasonClearwateralmost 6 years ago
Don't do it!

This woman won't love you like a good goth boy will! www.bit.ly/gothboyporn

Yeah, seriously though, I think this is some of your best work. Loved the level of detail, and the way in which these characters interacts is rather charming. An intriguing read that kept me hooked the whole way through. #teamjonahisgay

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Exceptional Concept

Written with skill. Enjoyed it more the second read than the first, a sign of a writer who knows his target readers. Salute!

doobiusdoobiusalmost 6 years ago
Whole new meaning to first contact

The most original first contact scenario combined with clever erotica. The story had it all, humour, reference to SF classics, And a nice style.

weftandwarpweftandwarpalmost 6 years ago

Extremely detailed with concepts that are different and interesting, a vocabulary shift and... a story that guides its entire length. Clever. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Biblical

I'm curious... what is the possible meaning of the big reveal at the end? That Fleming is Eve and Jonah is Cain? It might be nothing, but why reveal it in the way it is if it's not something? I'm worried now that Jonah is about to fuck shit up, as Cain is bad.

xelliebabexxelliebabexalmost 6 years ago
Rollercoaster

Wow, what a ride you took us on. I loved the way you gave the AI a depth of character that made me care about her as a main character and I enjoyed that she called on strange allegories at times making their banter funnier.

The relationship developing between Flemming and her angel was lovely and your descriptive writing handled it well. I even found myself liking Jonah in the end and I imagine your fans will be baying for the sequel to this.

It was a great read, thanks!

ElectricBlueElectricBluealmost 6 years agoAuthor
Jonah

To partially answer Anon: I have a "joined together world" of loosely connected stories in which Cain often shows up as a surname. I also have an Adam as one of my lead characters ("from a long line of Cains"), and I have an Alexandra Cain. In my current work in progress, I have a Lilith. So I do have biblical allusions from time to time, but then subvert them.

As is evident from the end of this story, there is a set-up for a sequel. All I will say is that for every angel there is a devil rising and, well, Jonah is a man, which means...

Dual_TriodeDual_Triodealmost 6 years ago
Entertaining Tale

I really enjoyed this opening chapter of a new series, told in the Kubric style and Clarke’s vision, with a nod to Ready Player One. Fleming’s and Ixtil’s connection is reminiscent of Bowman’s rapture at the end of his voyage to Jupiter. Fleming’s character is well rounded in this chapter and Athena is a developing intelligence who has a key role to play. I look forward to the character development of the Vonnegut’s crew in the coming chapters.

Excellent writing and story telling. Well done!

JasonClearwaterJasonClearwateralmost 6 years ago
"Jonah is a man"

Which means...

He needs a lovely boyfriend. :-)

Alice_RosaleenAlice_Rosaleenalmost 6 years ago

Your writing style is so poetic- I love the contrast of that and the more technical, sterile aspects that come with hard sci-fi. I also appreciated the contradictory nature of the characters: Fleming (an allusion to Flemish Angels?) had such strength to her softness, Ixtil a familiar humanity inside his alien exterior, Athena a playful curiosity (that bordered on creepy) in spite of being a computer. Fascinating erotica, thank you!

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMealmost 6 years ago
A worthy addition

No one describes impossible, unexperienced emotions and sensations quite like you, EB. How you manage to wrap your head around the experiences of two beings merged in such and intimate way is beyond me. That you manage to then convey those emotions and sensations and experiences to the reader... I am in awe.

A worthy addition to "Songs of Seduction", as I expected. Can't wait to see what you come up with for Jonah's devil.

ChloeTzangChloeTzangalmost 6 years ago
Lovely story that reminds me of A E Van Vogt with Sex

Ixtil just reminds me of one of A E Van Vogts aliens. Beautifully done story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Ending too obtuse

Hi, great story up until the end, when you decided to become obtuse and ran off into the weeds. My background is physics and I'm a heavy Sci-fi reader, so I don't need EVERYTHING spelled out for me, but was Fleming able to figure out how to live with the creature? What happened with Athena? Was she pregnant with Ixtil's child? For some reason, many writers feel the need to do something strange or add a twist out of left field to give their story more weight (sort of the Twilight Zone curse). But what they mostly do is mess-up all of their writing up to that point. 10 pages about the development of a human-alien relationship and the reader has little clue what happened. If your story was about 2 people meeting in a bar, there was too much of "Hi, what's your sign" and not enough about the month after they move in together...or write another chapter, otherwise, it feels like you ended it just slightly past the mid-point.

Also, as minor points, the gravity on Titan is 1/7th of earth, so a person falling 7 feet would be the equivalent of a 1 foot fall. 14' drop =2 foot jump down. At ~20 lbs (her + suit), Fleming would know this, and would not have to ask Athena about it. An astronaut would also never leave it as an exposed puncture hazard. They would have cut a piece of cord, tied the blade to it, and then lowered it down, or tossed it out slightly from the base of the craft.

ElectricBlueElectricBlueover 4 years agoAuthor

There is actually a sequel on the way, which will elaborate on all of this and wrap it all up.

I note your physics - I forgot about gravity being way less, but then, I'm a writer, not a physicist. All I researched was whether whether or not a creature could fly in a dense, cold atmosphere. Watch how I solve the water and oxygen problem for Fleming and her child (who is Joshua's, btw) - that will do a physicist's mind in, but will rely heavily on Samuel Taylor Coleridge for guidance :).

McCoinnachMcCoinnachover 4 years ago

I love it, and I'm looking forward to the sequel!

LilyWatersLilyWatersover 2 years ago

Incredible.

That's the comment.

MsNatalie99MsNatalie99almost 2 years ago

I love scfi and fantasy, emerging myself into a world of someone else's imagination. I love your style of writing, and how you used it to describe your world. I adored Athena, her spark, her curiosity. I hope there is more on the way. I'd love to know what happens next.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userElectricBlue@ElectricBlue
A writer of mostly urban erotica, with more café scenes than a classic French movie; occasional departures to more fantastic worlds, off planet and on.

SIMILAR Stories