Sophia Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CastleStone
CastleStone
1,047 Followers

Then the stupid freeze, was put on our finances. Did I choose to trust Don, no. Instead, I trusted my idiot lawyer, some dumb-ass financial guru at my own bank and the judge. We lost three million dollars. Then the judge, awards me a million more than Don. At first, I thought I really deserved it. Then the financial advisor comes to me, trying to get into my pants, and admits that the judge was a second cousin of his. And he had, during some private conversations with the judge, convinced her that Don was hiding some assets.

The truth was, that I had hidden some assets in the Cayman Islands. All my sleeping around over the years, had gotten my bank some big deals. As a result, my bonuses had almost doubled. I had separate checks cut and the money deposited in the Caymans. My last year working, I had also started to receive some nice gifts, maybe they were bribes, from customers and clients. I put those in the Caymans as well. I did try and give some of the money back to Don. But he said, he would be damned if he accepted any charity from me, and that any money that passed through my hands, would be diseased.

When the divorce was over, the slimy toad from Don's office called me again. He wanted to go on a date with me! When I told him, "hell no." He started to laugh at me and told me, how everything had gone to his plan. He revealed, how he had overheard the CEO talking about firing him and giving Don the job of vice-president. Oh God, Don would have finally been rewarded for all his hard work and I screwed it up. The toad had used me to embarrass Don in the eyes of the CEO, so Don would never be offered the promotion. He had also figured that Don, would probably quit as well.

So Don went from making eighty thousand a year as a programmer to thirty-six as a lead tech support person. I understand that he also has a job as maintenance man at an apartment building, I think he gets a free apartment, out of the deal. "I AM SUCH A LOVING AND DEVOTED WIFE. I SHOULD BURN IN HELL!"

Shortly after the divorce was finalized. I was encouraged to resign my position. It turns out, that I hadn't used the best judgment, in the investments I had approved, during the past year. People and companies desperate for money, had found out about my predilections. For over a year, the gorgeous and exotic men that I had been meeting, had been professionals alright, but not the financial kind. They had been professional gigolos, used to seduce me into making some really dumb decisions.

I got back on my feet, to look at the mirror again. This time, I took the lipstick directly to my own face and screamed. "YOU STUPID CHEATING CUNT."

..................................................................................................

Don's eyes caught mine in the mirror. Gone was the hungry wolf with the longing eyes. They just looked sad and tired now. I didn't have the heart to doubt him, and the weather outside was miserable.

"You're going to need my key card. Just swipe the key card through and punch in my birth date 2/26/75. After you do that, it will ask you which door to open. Press button one for the left door and thank you."

"No problem, Maria."

He slowly got out of the car and seemed to stumble a bit, but he caught himself on the fender. He made his way over to the box and punched in the code. The door slowly rose and he stumbled back to the car. I was getting worried about his walking, there had been no sign of difficulty, when he carried me, earlier.

I was starting to think something, which might be a very bad idea. But I owed them, maybe my life, and I would be the worse sort of ingrate not to help them now.

We drove into the garage and I jumped out to hit the close button. I was chilled to the bone, in just a few minutes, with that dreadfully cold wind rushing in. I opened up the door to the house and briefly stepped inside. There was one of the house thermostats located there, and I turned up the heat from the resting temp of fifty to seventy. The thermostat offered me two options, warm up the house as economically as possible or as quickly as possible. My handyman Carl, calls it turbo mode. Fuck the expense, I was cold and they might be needing to warm up too.

I went out to garage. Don was lifting my cooler chest off the roof of the SUV. Megan approached me.

"Maria could we use your bathroom, it would only take a minute?"

"Of course......"

Don walked over carrying the cooler chest. "Where can I put this Maria? I'm going to step outside for a minute, I'll be right back."

I looked at him curiously. Why is he going outside? He's shaking and shivering, and basically looks like shit? Then it dawned on me, he needed to pee. He was covered in mud and dripping with water. He didn't want to mess up my house, by tracking mud through it. Then I looked at his hands, holding the ice chest. He had cuts all over his hands, they were bruised and obviously swollen.

What kind of ungrateful, unthinking shit was I, to not notice. I remembered how, when he was moving the junk burying my car. He was throwing around huge branches and stones the size of exercise balls, with his bare hands. So he kind of looked at me lustfully. He saved my fricking life. I should give him a blow job, if he asks.

"Girls, we've got to get your father warm and dry. Don, you are not moving. Do not go outside. We will be back in a few minutes. Pee in your pants if you have to, you're already soaked. It won't make any difference. Megan, Robin, follow me." Don just stood there with a kind of dumb expression on his face, as I turned back to enter the house.

The girls followed me inside. "The bathroom is the door on the left. I'll be right back." I ran down the hall, through the great room and up the stairs to the master suite. There were things closer, but I knew exactly where everything was in my own bedroom. I grabbed an armful of extra large bath towels and two soft wool blankets. Turning around, I charged back down to the garage. The girls were already there, helping their father off with his rain suit.

I set the blankets down and spread two of the towels on the cement floor, right in front of the entrance door to the house. "Move over here Don. Sit on the cooler chest and let's get your boots off." He stumbled over, to tired to object and stand on his manly pride.

His boots were caked with mud and it took me a few minutes to undo the laces. I yanked the boots off and pulled off his socks. His feet were white, and pruney looking. They also looked they were starting to swell, now that his boots were off.

"Stand on these towels Don." He stood up and I started to shoo the girls into the house. But I stopped to look at his hands. They were swollen and looked too stiff, to be used. So without looking into his face, I undid all the buttons on his shirt. I then reached to undo his belt. When he started to object.

"Ah, ah, maybe you better......"

"Don, your hands are all swollen. I'm just going to undo your belt buckle and the top button of your pants. Then we'll leave the rest to you. There is a full bathroom with a shower just the other side of that door. You get yourself undressed, wrap one of these blankets around yourself, get to the bathroom and take a shower to warm up. I've got an on demand water heater. There is plenty of hot water."

"While you're doing that. Megan and Robin will get you dry clothes out of your luggage. Okay?"

"Okay, sounds like a good idea. Thank you very much."

"Megan, Robin, let's go inside for minute, to give your father some privacy."

"But I wanted to take pictures." Said Robin with a grin.

...............................................................................................

I slowly took off my clothes. Even though it was embarrassing, having Maria undo my buttons, especially my pants, I was glad she had helped. When she was doing that, it was easy to tell that we were almost the exact same height. I always liked women the same height as me. It made it easier, when dancing cheek to cheek or kissing. Hold it, drop that thought.

The garage I was standing in, was huge. There were a couple of snowmobiles in sight, as well as a medium sized tractor with a front bucket and backhoe attachments.

What the hell am I doing! I'm standing here naked in her garage looking around. I've got to get warm! I wrapped a blanket around me and stepped inside. There was a flash of light, there were my two grinning daughters and my youngest was taking my picture. Standing behind them was Maria, with a concerned expression on her face.

"What took you so long Daddy? I bet you were looking at all the tools in the garage. You need help Daddy. I'm going to sign you up for Craftsman's Anonymous. I'm Don and I haven't bought a new tool in seven days." Megan said solemnly with her right hand raised, like she was making a pledge.

I know I should have roared at them in jest, but I was too tired. I grunted and shuffled off to the bathroom.

...............................................................................................

Why was Don taking so long? Should I go out there and check. Robin had a small digital camera in her hands, the kind that can fit in your pocket.

"Oooh, I'm going to get some good ones and post them on the internet. Maybe we can get Daddy a girlfriend."

Why did I feel a small flash of jealousy, ridiculous. Don finally came through the door. He looked so tired. I looked at his feet and they were definitely swollen. Robin took five or six pictures while he just grunted and shuffled down the hall. He wasn't paying much attention to how he held the blanket. At one point, he stepped on a corner of the blanket, pulling it down and exposing most of back and part of his buttocks. He just pulled the blanket back up and continued on to the bathroom. He walked in and closed the door.

"Hot damn, I got some real good ones. We post them on the internet and we'll get Daddy a girlfriend for sure. I'll title them Stud Muffin in a Blanket." Chortled Robin as she looked at the little screen on the camera.

"Let me see, let me see." Robin handed the camera to Megan.

I found myself looking over Megan's shoulder at the little pictures on the LCD screen. Oh my God, what am I doing? What are they doing. They're his daughters, for goodness sakes. I took the camera from Megan.

"I'm sorry girls, I know you hardly know me. But I don't think this is appropriate behavior for young daughters to be involved in. Your father is too tired, to have really noticed what was going on. I've got to play responsible adult now, while he is so out of it. There is nobody else here. I'm sorry, I hope you understand. I will return your camera later."

Megan and Robin, said "aw" at my actions, but didn't object.

"Now it is time to get the rest of your car unloaded. I'm going to talk to your father and convince him to stay the night. With the way his feet are swollen, I don't even think, he can put his shoes back on. There is plenty of room here and having company would be nice." Actually I wanted to be alone this weekend because of my breakup, but I wanted the girls to feel at ease.

..................................................................................

Oh, man the hot water felt so good. Better than sex, probably. Though I hadn't had sex with anything but my right hand in such long time, that I might not have an accurate memory of it. Even when I was getting sex, it wasn't that often or good. But she was giving it to everyone....... STOP THAT THOUGHT. It is over and done with it. Don't think about her again. You've got a new life and the only family you have is your girls. You've got a new home and a couple of new jobs. The past is dead and gone.

I took a deep breath and focused on the here and now. Boy I'm glad, that Maria insisted on me showering here. What with driving to the lodge and checking in, it probably would have been an hour or even two, before I could warm up there. Looking down at my feet I noticed how swollen they were, they didn't look like they would fit in my regular shoes. But, I had a pair of rubber mud boots, that were really loose. I could wear them if necessary.

But I didn't want to drive out, in that lousy weather and then stand around, waiting to check into the lodge. I wanted to lie down and rest my aching back. Maybe eat something. With that thought, I suddenly got hungry. The cabin we were supposed to be renting had a small kitchen. I had promised the girls spaghetti, Italian sausage and garlic bread tonight. I was too tired to cook and the restaurant, at the lodge even if it was open, sucks during the off season.

I realized suddenly, that I had been standing in the shower for a long time, doing nothing. I quickly scrubbed myself clean and got out. On the floor of the bathroom was my overnight bag. I hadn't even heard anyone come in. I got dressed, put some thick socks on my feet and exited the bathroom.

I smelled sausage and spaghetti sauce.

I followed my nose.

......................................................................................

"If we get everything unloaded and put away, your father is less likely to raise a fuss and object."

So I had the girls take their bags to one of the guest rooms. I wish I could have moved Don's to a room, but he needed his in the bath. Then with Megan on one side and me on the other, we moved their heavy cooler chest to the kitchen. Robin followed us, with a grocery bag full of food.

I opened the cooler chest and felt my mouth water. I was so hungry. There were eggs, milk, bacon, packages wrapped in butcher's paper, orange juice and other good eats. Here I am, a multi-millionaire and what do I have. A cooler chest full of ice cream, and two chocolate cakes. Correction, one chocolate cake, I promised one to the girls. I do have a freezer with some food. But there is just a couple of frozen dinners and some meat, that would take too long to defrost and cook.

Carl's wife Lucille, usually kept my pantry stocked. But she had been hurt in a car accident and was still in the hospital. Carl was staying with her in town, until she could return home. Carl and Lucille were good friends. I was paying for his hotel and had them both listed as full time employees, with medical benefits. Carl's former employer went out of business and he had lost a good chunk of his pension.

When he first started working for me, his straight forward behavior, honesty and sense of humor; had warmed my heart. Lucille was absolutely wonderful, with a wicked sense of humor. I would sit in the kitchen while she cooked and Carl worked outside. We would chat, about all manner things. Some of the things, she said, I'm sure would shock Carl. He was a lucky man, but Lucille was also a lucky woman. They became my friends, and I had more money than I knew what to do with. So I paid them a little more than what was necessary, big deal. The big thing was the medical and dental coverage. Carl was suspicious, but I made up some lie about my accountant, needing it for a tax deduction.'

Robin groaned. "I'm sooo hungry."

Megan chimed in. "Me too, Maria can we use your kitchen? Daddy packed a lot of food. He promised us spaghetti and sausage tonight. He always packs too much food. He says you never know, when you might have company or a big appetite. So there is plenty for you, too."

I was so hungry, that I wanted to scream "let's cook". But I had to be more dignified. "I'm a bit hungry myself, if you're sure your father wouldn't mind? I would be happy to join you for dinner."

Megan looked kind of sheepish. "There is just one problem, we don't know how to cook very well."

I laughed. "No problem, I sure between the three of us, we can figure it out."

Megan started lifting packages out of the chest and bag. There was one large bag, containing one of those cheap store bought salads. I guess Don, as a typical male, wasn't into salads. She explained each package. Her father's homemade spaghetti sauce, his homemade Italian sausage, which was extra good because he hand chopped the meat, instead of using a grinder. Homemade French bread, which was to be used to make garlic bread. A large package of mushrooms, which was to be fried with butter. Her father loved them as a side dish. Finally she pulled out a wonderful looking pecan pie, which was of course homemade.

My God, the man could cook, and he rescues damsels in distress. Maybe I should take another look at him. Maybe he is not so much a wolf, but a lonely sheep dog. I suddenly thought about Robin's digital camera in my pocket. Maybe I should take a closer look at those pictures, too. I could feel the beginnings of a tiny, wicked grin on my face.

.................................................................................................

Following my nose, I came to large and beautiful kitchen. I stood in the entryway looking around in awe. It was at least six hundred square feet, and there were at least six ovens. There were built in refrigerators, freezers, 4 large sinks, a center island with built in grill and smoke hood. I've seen many restaurants with less equipment. Wood cabinets, marble floor, granite countertop and of course, all appliances were stainless steel. I mentally figured the low end of the kitchen cost was $120,000 but I would not have been surprised at $250,000 or higher.

Maria and my girls were standing at the other end of the kitchen, busy cooking.

I walked slowly towards them, because of my swollen feet. So when I finally spoke, I was only ten feet behind them and they were surprised.

"Smells good." They all jumped a little.

"Daddy," screamed my youngest. "You almost made me spill the sauce." She came running back to punch me in the arm.

"Sorry Baby, I didn't mean to scare you. What's happening?"

"Maria is cooking the sausage and mushrooms. Megan is making the noodles and garlic bread. And I'm making the sauce and I set the table too, see." She pointed to an alcove with a large bay window. Nestled within was a large, round oak table.

Maria spoke. "I hope you don't mind that we started cooking and are using your groceries?"

"Why should I mind. This is wonderful. You all seem to be doing a great job. I can play lazy man and sit down at the table, if you don't mind."

"Go right ahead. I think everything is going to be done in about ten minutes."

"Dad, are you feeling better?" Asked Megan.

"Much better, I'm dry, and I'm warm." There was a sudden big gust of wind that rattled the windows. I took a deep breath, I wasn't looking forward to leaving this warm house for even the short trip to the lodge. I better give them a call and warn them, that we would be checking in late. I pulled my cell phone and checked it, no bars.

"Maria, I've got no signal on my cell phone. Can I use your house phone? I need to call the lodge and warn them about our late check in."

"Daddy, Maria wants us to spend the night. It is so late and it is so nasty outside. She's shown us our bedroom and it's beautiful. Please, can we stay one night?" She looked at me with big mournful eyes.

Robin returned to my side, took my hand and looked up at me with big eyes. "Please Father, it would mean ever so much to us, if you would allow us to stay the night." She said it all, with a fake English accent. I wasn't sure if she got it from Mary Poppins or Oliver Twist.

"You two, think you've got me wrapped around your fingers, don't you?"

From Robin, "yep."

From Megan, "pretty much."

"Okay, I just wanted to make sure. Maria, are you sure that it is all right for us to stay? I wouldn't want to inconvenience you in anyway."

"Don, I would be happy to have you stay over. Your two girls are wonderful, they are fun to be with and I'm enjoying their company. This is such a terrible night, that I would be grateful to have someone else in the house."

CastleStone
CastleStone
1,047 Followers
123456...9