All Comments on 'Sorry'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 123 Comments
soulspicesoulspiceabout 12 years ago
I thought this was Lit"erotica"

This story has nothing to do with sex, even by implication, so I have no idea what it is doing in Literotica.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 12 years ago
Is this story early, aspiring writer Slirpuff or present -day Slirpuff after his wife belted him topside with a frying pan after he winced at bill from her Nordstrom expedition ?

A semi-serviceable melodrama but without the polish & emotional resonance that author has reached with his last few efforts. Remarkably unremarkable - usually SP whiffs spectacularly or hits it out of the park. This was akin to weak hitting pitcher sacrifice bunting to move the runner along & get the leadoff man to plate. Go Rockies !

Sid0604Sid0604about 12 years ago
A great story

Thank you.......... i really enjoyed reading your story. Sid

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
What exactly is this story doing in Literotica?

Seems strained.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Non Erotic

I thought you gone to see your creator.Welcome back to the world.

persephone9906persephone9906about 12 years ago
Good Story!

SlirPuff - I don't understand the other comments. 'Sorry' is a story in the Loving Wives category, exactly where it belongs. It's a good story and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. The car scenes were so well-written, I thought I was in the car myself. Good job on this and thanks for posting it.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
TRAGEDY BRINGS FAMILIES CLOSER

communication and understanding should have. TK U MLJ LV NV

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
A question

This story is the pair of "Stuff", and both stories are good. This story gets 5 stars from me. I tell those who do not like this: If a slut wife of a willing cuckold went to look for her cuckold husband????????????????

Mousse9Mousse9about 12 years ago
What's good for the goose...

I'm.....not too certain how to feel about this story. First off, I very much dislike the way Holly acted at first, with the boots. She isn't so much a shopaholic, as a female stereotype. Always being able to shop for hours, buying stuff she doesn't need at all, and which are almost identical. And don't even mention the "it's a bargain, we saved money!" thing. Like Steve said, if she hadn't bought anything, she'd have saved ALL that money.

That segues into the subject title. My first thought when someone does something "bad" (depending on the story ofcourse), is to do the same to them. Eye for an eye.

STEVE could go on a shopping spree for stuff HE wants (but does not necessarily NEED), like a big plasma TV, stereo set, practically any "guy" thing. They'd have to live on freaking ramen or something, and if Holly tells Steve he shouldn't have bought those things, he could tell HER that they saved money because it was a bargain. Eye for an eye, see how she likes it.

Ofcourse, real life does not work that way. If Steve actually spent money they shouldn't spend (like Holly does), they'd BOTH be worse off, not just Holly.

Being a guy, I've NEVER understood the "we saved money by buying something we don't need, at a bargain!". Do women really act like that? And do they really not see the silliness of that argument?

I think my main gripe with this story is....Holly does not "get" it. She never realizes that her buying stuff she doesn't need is the CAUSE of their arguments and problems. Yes, she's made pictures of him, letting us know that if they ever get into an argument again, they'd look at the pictures, and realize what they had almost lost.

But that is treating a symptom, not the cause. The symptom is their arguments over her buying stuff, the cause is her buying unnecessary stuff! Even with the arguments stopped, that does not stop their moneyproblems. Those don't go away by not talking about them...Wait, I'll bet Holly would LOVE not to argue about her spending! She could buy all she wants and avoid the arguments by whipping out the pictures!

"Now when we go to the mall and we pass by a shoe store Holly holds my hand a little tighter and picks up her pace.

Is she cured? Not a chance."

Here, Steve himself knows the cause is still there. Maybe one of these days they'll be living in a cardboard box, surrounded by her shoes.

(Yes, I'm being overly cynical and grumpy for a story with a good ending and an actual loving wife, but the fact that Holly hasn't learned anything from Steve's brush with death annoys me.)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Mousse9, You are an idiot.

Of course she didn't learn her lesson...IT'S A STORY YOU MORON! That means the characters aren't real except in your imagination. Are there people like that? Fuck yes.But if you're not married to one, don't fucking worry about it.

As for the story. One of the best ones from Slipuff. Good one.

magmamanmagmamanabout 12 years ago
Excellent

I had about given up on this site since the quality of the stories seemed to be slipping so badly lately. Some of the better storytellers appear to have wandered off, and I have even slacked off with my own poor efforts.

Then you manage to surprise me!

No sex, none needed. Just a good story, well written, I liked it.

Thanks,

MGM

The NavigatorThe Navigatorabout 12 years ago
OUTSTANDING!

I've read all your stories -- many of them more than once -- and this one is as good as your best. The theme was so believable, the dialog so realistic.

I'm a volunteer EMT in our fire department's rescue squad and have looked in the bushes more than once for bodies thrown from cars, and cut out more than one trapped occupant, so I found your description of the accident scene and victim more realistic than I wanted. You really captured the scene.

This story is a classic. But you have moved the bar up pretty high. It is going to be tough going for your next submission. We wish you the best.

Mousse9Mousse9about 12 years ago
Moron anon!

It's just a story! Why are you getting so upset about a comment on a story?! Why are you reading this in the first place? It's just a story, it's not real!

This is a perfect example of pot calling the kettle black. Moron says it's just a story, so, moron, why are you getting so upset about it? It's just a story, not real, JUST LIKE YOU SAID.

You're gonna have an aneurysm if you keep getting that worked up. Oh yeah, stop trolling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
It is called literotica

Yes, the story is about "Loving Wives". No, it does not belong in Literotica. Loving Wives is a subcategory of the site Literotica, suggesting the stories should be somehow, in some way erotic. This one does not even come close. I agree with soulspice, it does not belong here. Send it to Godd Housekkeeping's story site.

dallasburgdallasburgabout 12 years ago
To Mouse99

I can understand your frustrations, but I can HONESTLY say I have been with my wife for 40 years this summer, and she is just like that.

Sidney43Sidney43about 12 years ago

It is called Loving Wives and they come in all flavors. Thank the good Lord every once in a while an author posts one about a normal wife and I can think about all the good things in life instead of miserable cheating soon to be ex spouses.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
If you do not like you stop reading and vote the copiling star-stars according to you

I tell the same sentences as the willing cuckold-slut/hot wives stories fans tell us cuckoldry haters: DO NOT READ THESE STORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you do not like it do not read it. Push those star-stars as you think and stop reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
First rate.

Excellent.

Mousse9Mousse9about 12 years ago
Dallasburg

Well, it depends on whether the bankaccount can handle it or not. Splurging once in a while is good, but in the story, they were "barely squeaking by each month". And if it causes friction (in this case, arguments), that's NOT good.

That gets me thinking however. With Steve's injuries he could not work. His insurance paid for the day nurse, and with what little his auto insurance gave him, he bought a cheaper, used car. Okay, good.

But how did they manage to pay the hospital bills? As far as I can tell, they had no nest egg, no "savings for a rainy day", because of Holly's shopping addiction. They must've borrowed money, or taken out a loan or something, but it's not said in the story.

This could easily have been a point to drive home to Holly, what if they did NOT have the money for the hospital bill, BECAUSE of her shopping addiction, and she'd have to scrounge it up from somewhere, or borrow it from her parents?

"Mom, can I borrow some money to pay for the hospital bill?"

"Honey, you both work. Where did all your money go then, that you can't even pay for the hospital bill?"

"I used it all up on shoes, mom."

That could be a wake up call...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
It is a great story, Thank You!

I love it! A real Loving wife at last :-D

BriteaseBriteaseabout 12 years ago
You've moved on a level

Say no more. you know what I mean;

jiminabjiminababout 12 years ago
A great read.

My preference is to have great stories without a lot of sex. And this one fit the bill. Everyone yelling for sex should just read stories with a score of 3.5 and under. LOL. I think if hubby gve the household financial management to Holly she might see the light. Thank you for the read. Jim

WyldMTWyldMTabout 12 years ago
GREAT STORY!

I loved the story. Disagreements like they had happen in real life between loving couples. It belonged under Loving Wives.

I disagree with some of the naysayers. There are many stories on Literotica that are not or do not involve erotica. I enjoy reading those stories as much as much as I do the others. This site is a GREAT site for all kinds of stories.

Slirpuff, keep up the great writing!!!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Great Story

A true "Loving Wives" tale. A great read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
It was okay.....

Oatmeal is okay. Buttered toast is okay. Cranberry juice is okay.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Brilliant

Just brilliant!

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
Quite good.

Maybe not 'erotic' in any way. It touches on difficulties in relationships. Maybe a parable preaching against "hit the road" reactions? Good thing wife didn't give up.

4.5 from me.

Suddenly, I'm craving oatmeal, buttered toast and cranberry juice.

FloridaryanFloridaryanabout 12 years ago
Great Read

Enjoyed it.Love your stuff

polarbear66polarbear66about 12 years ago

Great story! This belongs in this category and is a good example of a loving wife tale. Love your stories, keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
wtf florid

shouldn't you be writing several 'denial mode' comments on chapter 5 of a cuck story somewhere? my guess is you didn't read it but are trying to make a smokescreen; come out of the closet cuckboy, whimper and moan about how much you hate cuck stories as you read them voraciously.

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Good Read

Thanks for sharing.

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xabout 12 years ago
Good story.

This is a well written entertaining story that does fits into the "Loving Wife" category. This wife is a far more 'loving wife' in the true sense of the word than any wife that appears in a willing cuckold story on this site. It appears the willing cuck readers hated this story because there was no cuckolding, as others have said they should read other stories that are about willing cuckolds, this story is not. Well done Slirpuff good to see you back writing again, I hope you will post more stories reall soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Everybody says

Everybody says the cuck lovers hate this story. Probably true. But the cheating revenge assholes ALSO hate it. Why? Because the wife not only did not cuckold the husband but there was also no need for revenge. In other words, no fun for either side and both sides are just opposite sides of the same coin. Bottom line? They hate happiness and happy endings because they're such losers.

As to the complaints that it doesn't belong in literotica, please note that there's an entire category for non-erotic. Furthermore, litterally hundreds of Loving Wives stories begin with the author warning the reader that "there's no sex in this story". That caveat precedes some of the highest rated stories in LW.

Great job, Slirpuff. I'm glad that the trolls haven't led you to abandon LW like so many of the best writers have. Sadly, some of the biggest commenters seem to think that writers have to put up with their bullshit. Sorry, but they don't. They just leave. Then, all we're left with are the semi-literate ravings of the few that are left.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
A real loving wives tale

a couple had a fight, nearly lose each other due to an auto accident, and are stronger now because of it

it's a whole lot more believable than "a couple has a fight, wife fucked anything with a pulse, they nearly lose each other, and are stronger now because of it."

I'd rather be the first guy any day.

physical pain is a lot easier than heart break.

oldwayneoldwayneabout 12 years ago
The level of stupidity of some of the people who post comments on this site is simply amazing!

This was such a fine story that I simply do not have the superlatives to adequately express my true feelings about it. I have been a fan for a long time, but as Britease has said, you have taken it to a whole new level. Thank you for all that you do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Another Fucking Car Wreck??? Please..

Wife gets caught in a car wreck, husband gets caught in a mine cave in, daughter gets caught in car wreck, husband gets caught in car wreck. We can all think of several times where this has happened. If it weren't for car wrecks, other disasters, and the occasional disease and death bed scene, this genre would die.

x_witless_xx_witless_xabout 12 years ago
Very well writ and free-flowing. Good editing and length. I enjoyed it.

I'm not sure I entirely get the point though, unless you just simply wanted to convey an episode in the life of an ordinary, well-suited couple and their reactions to a near tragic crisis. And why not, I guess I've just answered my own doubts..

Thanks for writing. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wasted on this lot

Anon had a good point. This is a cuckold category now, the willing ones and the ones in the closet fight it out while the quality of the stories in the category tanks. Submit in non-erotic and reach an audience beyond the "two sides of the same coin" anon alluded to.

StangStar06StangStar06about 12 years ago
A masterpiece as usual

Whenever I see your name on a story, I know I'm in for a great read. This one was no different. You described the events so well that I thought I was trapped there in that car with him. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
just ignore Jizzy9

He is just being overly cynical and grumpy. Getting annoyed because a character in a story did not learn her lesson. Shut-ins experience real life on this board; prostrating themselves, rebuking and chastising story characters, and telling authors what should happen in their stories. Pathetic.

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Nice Work

Now if you could work us into your schedule on a regular basis......

From the beginning of the story, it was obvious that he had wrecked his car, and then it became clear that fight was about spending money on the pair of boots when it should have been reserved for car insurance. OK was he guilty of stupidity,too?

Yes man! I wonder who was sorry? Both of them... Well worked and detailed story that pushed him into an extreme sports condition. Really nicely done.

AbsalomrideAbsalomrideabout 12 years ago
Doesn't it say that Holly grips his hand tighter

as she hurries past any shoe shops? I think this conveys a lesson learnt. A very gritty and realistic telling. Good to see this author still in fine form. But can somebody please explain these idiots going on about 'willing cuckolds'? It's tiresome and immature. Why reduce a good story to the level of schoolyard bickering? Shame on those commenters.

Mousse9Mousse9about 12 years ago
You're not even worth responding to, "anon".

Don't mind the illegal aliens on the board (IE, anons). Too wimpy and weak in every sense of the word to even register here. Attacking someone by making "funny" insults about their online name? How incredibly juvenile and unimaginative. How old are you anyway, 12? This is an adult message board. Does your mom know you're posting here? Oh yeah, stop trolling.

Well, that problem is solved by going anonymous. I wonder how they'll make "funny" insults when it's only anons posting and can't tell one from another. You won't "see" me again, heh.

I guess it's all too true about GIFT when it comes to anon posters on Lit: Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = Total Fuckwad

Look it up on Google, if any of you actually have enough brains to use it.

Man, I should've done this ages ago, using their own dirty tactics against them. Well, that's enough time and energy wasted on idiots for now. Sorry Slirpuff, but these moronic anons needed putting down.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1about 12 years ago
Welcome back again...and again

First things first. I loved this story. A lot of people loved it. It was a great story, and the fact that it could have run on almost any general fiction web site or magazine doesn't change that fact. I know the title is LitEROTICA and I know that a lot of readers, judging from comments, want a story they can jerk off to and have a climax. There's nothing wrong with that. There are plenty of stories on here to meet that demand. Writing a really hot, erotic story is an art form in itself. But as others have noted, some of the best and highest rated stories on this site have little or no erotic or sexual content. They can be funny, scary, touching, sad, but they don't have to give you an erection. Doesn't matter whether anybody agrees with that or not. It's a fact. Check out the ratings. The people who run this site obviously don't mind non-erotic stories or there wouldnt' be so many of them

Second, everybody's entitled to their opinion but I sometimes think a lot of male readers go around looking for a reason to think a woman is a bitch. What did the wife do that was so unforgiveable? She's young and spoiled and likes to spend money. I don't know what planet most of these readers live on, but I have to break it you - she's not that unusual. And it's not a crime to be young and spoiled and to like spending money. She didn't screw around on her husband, she didn't bring home another man's cum for him to dine on, she didn't have another man's baby or pawn his high school trophies to buy her shoes. She spent money rashly and got pissed off at her husband. And then she spends days worrying about where he is and finally takes the actions that save his life when she is the ONLY person that could have gotten law enforcement involved. What a bitch!

Finally, and this is to Slirpuff, your input has dwindled to almost nothing in recent months/years. What are you thinking? You have an obligation to us, your faithful readers, that far outweighs your obligations to family, friends, yourself... Shake it off, man, and become the writing machine that we all knew and loved at one time.

What makes it worse is that at the same time you slacked off, we've gotten almost nothing from mainstays like HDK and Ohio and...you name it. I guess they think they've got lives too. Only Starstang has stayed faithful and think he must be a trust fund baby who only sleeps three hours a night.

All sarcasm aside, you were one of the bright lights of this website. I've already told you that when you started you were prolific ...and rough. I always liked your work but it deepened and became more human, more real and dealing more with people's emotions than how cheating wives could be caught or slip up and get themselves caught. You also wrote about a wider variety of topics and plots than any other writer I can think of on this site. Over the last few years you have not only been as prolific as any, but also wrote some of the best stories published on this site. And then you went away.

Which is why I was so glad to see this story run. In terms of drama and suspense and emotion, it can stand up to anything published around here. And I hope it means you've come into money or are burning with creative urges right now and we'll be seeing more.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
I'm sueing

your wife and mine must go to the same shoe store. My wife has 50 + pairs of shoes but never has anything to wear. Great Fuck RLW story. 25 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
The only difference cuckdogg is

his wife doesn't blow the deliveryman and fuck the stockboy while shopping for shoes. Once a cuck, always a cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Moose9 did have that aneurysm

"Not worth responding to" then responding makes you look like an idiot. As far as anonymous goes, unless your real name is Moose9 and this sad forum is your real world then everyone here is anonymous. Stop posting, it is making the anons look smart. Okay story but very non-erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great stuff

This had to be great, look at all the diverse comments! Most of the idiots checked in with their opinions, and yet I did not see an author that I recognized except StangStar who is clearly not an idiot. Predominately anon, which unfortunately is how i post because when I posted under my name and email address I was deluged by idiot anon's.

I always like your stories, perfectly polished or otherwise. You tell stories, mostly with a beginning, a middle, and an end (take note jpb). Mostly with a moral to the story, which I like. Please keep writing, more often if possible, its good to make the idiots think even in their cretin like way.

PS whatever happened to going after the airbag malfunction, andn the drunk driver who left evidence? Probably not important to the flow of the "I'm sorry" theme, but inquiring minds want to know.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 12 years ago
sort of agree with Mousse 9

DQS ...if EVERYONE is entilted to his / her opionion then why are these anonymous assholes jumping on him for exppressing his?

Mousse9 I think your insight is OK but not deep enough. The key is NOT about the wife buying too much stuff.

Its not about her by unneeded crap.

its how she reacts when she cant get her way. I am NOT suprised that DQS...given his last story...doesnt see this. Yes alot of young folks are too material driven and are a bit spoiled.

But DQS's question : "what did the wife do that was so bad?" ... misses a bigger issue.

why would she say that she regret getting married to him because she cant buy the boots ?

rjordanrjordanabout 12 years ago
Great job

Steve's descriptions of his predicament are outstandingly real. It became unbearable to the point where I almost stopped reading...but of course, I couldn't. I've enjoyed most of your stories and this one is one of your best. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Good Story As Usual

This brings up the issue of Loving Wives vs Non-Erotic catogories. This is a non-erotic story, but we all know no one reads those stories. Who can blame you for your choice of categories? Certainly not me.

trite_readertrite_readerabout 12 years ago
Awesome story

I think it's one of the best that's been posted on this site for ages.

The below comments though? Like, wow. Lot's of messed up people out there... from those demanding a wife should be as Stepfordian as possible, with no room whatsoever to display any individual wants, to losers demanding that authors only post stories with hard core sex in them.

If you're just finished reading the story, do yourself a favour and skip reading the comments below. They're just stupid.

curioussscuriousssabout 12 years ago
Really good...

...and as realistic as it gets. 'Edge of seat' stuff there for a while - I half thought that 'sorry' would come from the ether he left behind!

You nailed something fundamental with this one - your descriptive narrative and presentation of emotions is just about flawless.

I'm glad you're back - thank you for the enjoyment of a '5' story.

I'm just grateful you haven't left us worthless lot with all our bitchin'!

I appreciate the hell out of you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
A second response to this story......

After reading the other responses to this story, I felt I needed to add another 2 cents other than my comments equating this story to a bowl of oatmeal.

It was very well written for a short story.

It was a departure from your previous formats....and that's okay.

There was absolutely nothing erotic about this story. This is Literotica.com after all.

Yes it was a "Loving wife" story but more suited to Readers Digest short stories section.

I do tend to find the "Willing cuckold" formatted story to be something I don't like but to each his own. Am more into the "Angry husband.....Adultery is wrong" type of story. That's what you've delivered up till now.

Keep writing though as I have enjoyed nearly everything you've turned out.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
Mixed hub

Here are stories with sex scen without sex scen we readers like both. For me it does not matter there is not sex scen in the story or there is not (The story compiles with my taste). The LW hub is a mix hub in such view.

The best Romantic Revenge Story here Vulcez's story the "How are you" is without sex scen. In Literotica has many hubs, where you can find pure sex scen or good erotic. However a hub is formatted by the Authors and readers together and this mixed consistent is for pleasing majority of this hub's readers.

The SOL (storiesonline.net) is better, because the SOL have all spectrum of the stories from the sexual cannibalism to the not erotic as well and nobody complains.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 12 years ago
A very good story

Well written and very believable with all of the detailed information that the author has given.

I was surprised that he didn't try and find the driver that ran him off of the road and make him pay restitution.

A great story

Thanks for the read.

miedsalmiedsalabout 12 years ago
Finding an iPhone

It was an enjoyable story but if he had an iPhone she could have checked his location herself without contacting Verizon, more accurately as well.

zed0zed0about 12 years ago
Just Like Something Out Of Readers Digest

And I Love Readers Digest!

A real action/adventure story featuring a truly loving wife, and indomitable spirit to live. Kind of puts whats important and whats not, into perspective.

Yuri5Yuri5about 12 years ago
Fantastic story

Very heart-rending. I've read a lot of your other stories and some I liked and some I disliked but this is for sure one of the best stories that you have. It's very real, and although non-erotic, it is about relationships. The only thing that I was surprised about was that the iPhone still had a charge, hahah

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Excellent

Another great story. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Loved it: 5*****

Thanks for writing.

P.S. I bought the boots for Holly and the first night he was in the ditch, I was in HER'S!

njlaurennjlaurenabout 12 years ago
harryin

DQS is wise enough to realize that in the heat of the moment people,especially young inexperienced people,can say stupid things.Holly isn't sincerely questioning her marriage,she was angry and lashed out....Steve is just as immature because he runs out not even thinking about what he is doing.It is like the kid who runs away from home claiming the family doesn't understand them,etc after being punished or whatever,it is childish but serious?If every time a couple.had someone say something they don't mean taken seriously few couples would exist.DQS knows this as does anyone ever in a semi long term relationship.

Mouse9,in most states the hospital bills by law are covered by insurance,it is generally no fault paid for by the injured's company.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
ped0 sandusky

love readers digest? they have kiddie porn in that now? stay away from middle schools you nonce.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 12 years ago
Not bad at all

Enjoyed this despite lack of sex. Also chuckled at DQS, who expressed regret that SP has not been keeping the fans supplied with stories. Never mind leaving the readers hanging with WWWM -- oh, I forgot, we can go buy an ebook to learn what happened to Bill Maitland. Anyway, this story was poignant and reminds me a bit of the airplane crash story -- was it "Homeward Bound," by Temuchen? That one also involved an argument and hubby gone missing. Thanks for writing.

SlirpuffSlirpuffabout 12 years agoAuthor
Thank You

I want to sincerely thank everyone who gave their feedback. I put stories to paper to get them out of my head so I can sleep at night. With five finished in the can and four more in various stages of completion, I'm just waiting on my editor to release the next one, Amnesty. My bride doesn't let one get posted until SHE is satisfied with it. Everyone has their own opinion on what should be posted and where, and if I can bring out those emotions in my readers I've done what I set out to do, pulled them into my stories. No one is going to like every story they read on this site but it give writers like me an outlet to refine their craft and grow with the feed back given. So thanks to all that took the time to put to paper what they truly thought of my work.

Slirpuff

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Absolutely A Great Read

TERRIFIC

ttom76ttom76about 12 years ago
Superb

I'm not sure exactly why some readers think that all stories have to have sex on this site, if that were true then the story screener would block it.

I would suggest that a warning at the top - but I've found on stories that do this, the anons still post comments.

I liked the tension and how the crisis let them both see how they were acting.

Regards,

ttom

count2threecount2threeabout 12 years ago
Good Story

I have a friend who, together with his teen daughter nearly died in an accident much the same like this. Fuck loosing ones license. People stopped by police with BAC over 0,2% should automatically be prosecuted for attempted manslaughter.

BTW: Its a little disturbing though that in the US of A, land of the law suits, a car company whose airbags fail to activate not only dont pay big time for that, but that the car insurance company can even get away with pulling crap afterwards.

Scorpio44Scorpio44about 12 years ago
I enjoyed the story!

One slight addition I would make to the story would be to make the car that hit him a Mustang. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wonderful story

I married a shopaholic 32 years ago...misery inc. But I still love her.

tonydaretonydarealmost 12 years ago
Great read

Thanks your story was great it had me worried that you would not make it

i know it was just a story but what a great read,

Thanks again

likeboblikebobalmost 12 years ago
sorry, indeed

I am sorry I wasted my time reading this.

sbart921sbart921almost 12 years ago
Good Story

When are you going to be submitting again?

Ever notice how the good writers liked this but that the "anonymous" folks always complain. I guess because they can't actually "do".

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
WHO'S SORRY NOW

for breaking each promise. TK U MLJ LV NV

bigguy323bigguy323over 11 years ago
The biggest beef I have is that the story is in the wrong category. It should be in Romantic

Or anything but Loving Wives.

mitchfrenmitchfrenover 11 years ago
Once again -

A neat, well-written and enjoyable story. Okay, the 'shopaholic' female was just a little bit of a stereotype, but at least she was a real 'loving wife.'

In the town where I live there is a main shopping street (it's too small for a mall) and, on any Saturday afternoon you'll see small groups of men gathered outside the shoes and clothes shops - they're smoking, chatting, waiting to get to the pub to watch the football - and they're all waiting for their wives to come out with whatever (if anything) they've bought. There are times when it's almost like being in a club!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Sarcasm

"The biggest beef I have is that the story is in the wrong category. It should be in Romantic"

Yeah, cause we wouldn't want an actual Loving Wife in this catagory.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Oh, so wonderfully written story by a Master wordsman !

Doesn't matter what category it is in. It is still an excellent effort by superb author.

hebert100hebert100almost 11 years ago
why not romance

why not the adult romance section? good story, well developed

tae352001tae352001over 10 years ago
Perfect location

Loving wife... what more can you ask for 5 stars... no cheating, no adultery no wimps nothing. just plain loving marriage, with a few real life problems, nothing to do with sex or intruding friends or associations like other stories. Great job maybe chapter 2 or another similar story. 5 stars

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
ISNT IT THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH

shopping almost kills the male species, TK U MLJ LV NV

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Nope

This was another example of your poor English writing skills ie shined his torch ...wtf

it should be ... shone his torch. I don't understand how you can continue to make so many basic spelling, grammar & punctuation mistakes after all this writing, doesn't your computer have a spell check on it, that would help.

The story itself was ok, again you had a good plot, but spoilt it by poor characterisations & in places poor dialogue. Also I don't know that it was realistic for Steve's ipod battery to last so long, I mean he was gone for about 60 hours & it would have to have been fully charged prior to him leaving, still perhaps so. So Steve, not anywhere near your best. 2 **

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 9 years ago
10 year old chevy

could do 100 miles on an eighth of a tank of petrol? I want one!!

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
A good story...

A good story...thank you...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Okay story but they're a couple of hotheads

When he got healthy and back to work he should have divorced her and sent her back to Daddy. What a bitch. And he wasn't much better. No likeable characters in this one.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

well written. Five stars.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
THESE BOOTS WERE MADE FOR WALKING

to run around Holly Holy TK U MLJ LV NV

krosis666krosis666almost 9 years ago
I've always liked this one

It's always refreshing when someone posts a story in Loving Wives where no one cheats, and they obviously love each other. EVERY married couple argue over spending, no matter how much money they have! I think it's a rule, or something.

I seriously doubt that his iPhone lasted that long, when most people I know that own one, complain about having to recharge it daily, or in some cases, hourly. But that doesn't really matter in a story like this, does it? Nice to see a cop that is actually HELPFUL, instead of dismissive, even if he only exists in fiction! Good story.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Nice!

Sometimes it takes a tragedy or near-tragedy for us to realize what's REALLY important!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Been There...Done That

My first wife was frugal. Damn, I miss her. But my second wife was like Holly. My second wife would buy a pair of shoes, boots, or purse. She would wear them just long enough to show them off. Then she would say they didn't fit, or were the wrong color, or someone else had the same identical thing. And, off she'd go to find something else. A jury would understand if I strangled her, right?

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 7 years ago
5 stars from the first word to the last.

I had an accident where I rolled my car and wound up suspended up side down by my seat belt with the car on its roof. Maybe that's why this hit suck a chord with me. I loved this story!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 7 years ago
Second time through

Wonderfully written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Mouse9 is an idiot!

The car insurance should pay. If Obamacare was active, it would pay the hospital bills. Unfortunately Trump-care wont pay these bill! Mouse9 is really full of himself. He says he wrote his DanelSteel essay in 30 minutes, bullshit. More likely he took more than half a day going over all of his spelling and grammatical errors.

This story is really accurate for the average American female between the ages 18 to 39.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5 YOu know I kneww the asshole of LIT would be a hillary fan!!!

I just knew it! he's cut from the same cloth as that bitch and thinks along the same lines. He really needs to be put in a fucking home for the asshole comments and for being one. Fuck you in the heart annony!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Really Good Story

I liked it a lot, in fact I gave it 5 stars. Would have been more, but, well, you know. Just two nitpicking points if I may. First, what grown man in 21st century America wears sandals with a jacket? I mean, the hippies back in the '60's, or the French, even now, but here?! Now?! And second is a lesson I learned when I was about 10.

Long before there was an "NCIS" tv show or a "Gibbs' rule #9". That is, never ever go anywhere without a knife. Yeah I know, knives are verboten in airports and court houses these days. But that's cool too, 'cause I don't go in airports or courthouses.

Thanks for the story, it was great.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatalmost 7 years ago
F--- the Anon critics

A pretty darn good story. The ending emotion and intensity didn't match that of the story, but it was at least funny.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good story, horrible ending

HE gets well and his first stop should have been the divorce lawyers office. No one is stupid enough to stay with that bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Had me invested from beginning to end, Ty!

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Great

A great story, one of a great author's very best.

Virgo6Virgo6almost 5 years ago
Shopaholic

Your hitting kind of close to home on this one. Loved it

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous